Endometriosis support group 2020

seagazer

Hi all, I’m starting a support group for Endometriosis in hopes of establishing support for one another as we battle this irksome disease.
I have been TTC for a couple of months and had no good news. Subsequently, I was referred by my GP to see a gynae after seeking help for bad period cramps that I had since 14. I was diagnosed with Endo and had my laparoscopy to remove polyps, cysts and fibroids.
Post surgery, my gynae put me on hormonal medication for me as a treatment for Endo as she does not want it to reoccur so soon. I have to take the medication for 6 mths before resuming TTC. My concern is that it’s taking too long and yet I do not want Endo to return and hence am conflicted. Besides, the side effects of taking Visanne scares me. Can anyone share their experience?

If anyone is keen, I can also open up a chat group in Telegram or Whatsapp.

Thank you!

Hi all, I’m starting a support group for Endometriosis in hopes of establishing support for one another as we battle this irksome disease.
I have been TTC for a couple of months and had no good news. Subsequently, I was referred by my GP to see a gynae after seeking help for bad period cramps that I had since 14. I was diagnosed with Endo and had my laparoscopy to remove polyps, cysts and fibroids.
Post surgery, my gynae put me on hormonal medication for me as a treatment for Endo as she does not want it to reoccur so soon. I have to take the medication for 6 mths before resuming TTC. My concern is that it’s taking too long and yet I do not want Endo to return and hence am conflicted. Besides, the side effects of taking Visanne scares me. Can anyone share their experience?

Thank you!

Hi, I have endometriosis too and both ovaries were blocked and Fallopian tube too, with polyps, and affected me trying to conceive. I did laparoscopy too but Gynae did not put me on any medication after. In fact, she told me to try as soon as I recovered from my op, because inside is clear and best time to conceive. Then, I fell pregnant shortly after few months of trying, but sadly it was a chemical pregnancy( a form of miscarriage where baby stopped developing halfway during 8th week). This was in Feb 2019. Have been trying till now but no news yet. Went back to consult Gynae again last week to check my endometriosis condition she said abit of adhesion has formed on my right ovary but it's very little less than 1cm, and does not affect fertility. I have went to a few months of acupuncture and tcm previously but I stopped because too expensive must go weekly.

Thank you!
Hi, I'm keen for the WhatsApp or Telegram! do add me in if you already created one. Thanks

Thank you!
Can add me in ur group chat

Hi all, I am left with one fallopian tube due to one tube removed due to chemical pregnancy before. Conceived naturally in May 2016 with not much difficulty but miscarriage around 8th week (Baby had no heartbeat found). TTC after some rest but to no avail and only in Oct 2017 after seeing gynae did I knew I had endometriosis issues and gynae said it would be very difficult for me to conceive and even if conceived, baby growth may prove a challenge. Was on Visanne 28s for 6 months to "heal" this endo issue before trying again but still to no avail. Thenafter went TCM at Odeon Katong for massages and acupuncture with no results. Went another TCM Medical hall and was given medicine which strictly were having to brew before consuming under recommendation by friend with success but for me still to no avail.

Long story cut short, I decided to embark on IVF with PGS in KL in April 2019 as I did not want to waste further time and every menses which came brought me a lot of pain each time physically and emotionally and I always had to take nurofen 342mg to ease the physical pain. For my IVF, I only had two follicles successfully retrieved but only one follicle was matched to be embryo and after PGS testing, was told it was a healthy boy. Unfortunately, the embryo did not "stick" after ET. My world went crashing as I did not have any other embryo in storage to ET and had to do the entire injection procedures all over again.

Was told by my doctor to rest for 2 months before starting my 2nd cycle of IVF again. Flew to KL to get my 2nd round medicine with higher dosages as recommended by doctor. But just as I was about to start the 2nd cycle, I conceived naturally!
I do not know if my 1st cycle of IVF had awoken my reproductive system but am now 34 weeks pregnant and looking forward to my baby soon. Hope those who read this do not be dismayed as I do know how it feels. Miracles do happen. Baby Dust To All And God Bless !

Hi all, I am left with one fallopian tube due to one tube removed due to chemical pregnancy before. Conceived naturally in May 2016 with not much difficulty but miscarriage around 8th week (Baby had no heartbeat found). TTC after some rest but to no avail and only in Oct 2017 after seeing gynae did I knew I had endometriosis issues and gynae said it would be very difficult for me to conceive and even if conceived, baby growth may prove a challenge. Was on Visanne 28s for 6 months to "heal" this endo issue before trying again but still to no avail. Thenafter went TCM at Odeon Katong for massages and acupuncture with no results. Went another TCM Medical hall and was given medicine which strictly were having to brew before consuming under recommendation by friend with success but for me still to no avail.

Long story cut short, I decided to embark on IVF with PGS in KL in April 2019 as I did not want to waste further time and every menses which came brought me a lot of pain each time physically and emotionally and I always had to take nurofen 342mg to ease the physical pain. For my IVF, I only had two follicles successfully retrieved but only one follicle was matched to be embryo and after PGS testing, was told it was a healthy boy. Unfortunately, the embryo did not "stick" after ET. My world went crashing as I did not have any other embryo in storage to ET and had to do the entire injection procedures all over again.

Was told by my doctor to rest for 2 months before starting my 2nd cycle of IVF again. Flew to KL to get my 2nd round medicine with higher dosages as recommended by doctor. But just as I was about to start the 2nd cycle, I conceived naturally!
I do not know if my 1st cycle of IVF had awoken my reproductive system but am now 34 weeks pregnant and looking forward to my baby soon. Hope those who read this do not be dismayed as I do know how it feels. Miracles do happen. Baby Dust To All And God Bless !
Congratulations! Great that you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel after what you have gone through ❤️

hihi,

did you went through Lap to remove endo? Do you know your amh level and May I know your age?

hihi,

did you went through Lap to remove endo? Do you know your amh level and May I know your age?
Hihi, no I did not go through any ops or lap to remove the endo yet as I was told that if I do so, I would have to wait for months before I can ttc or do ivf again.
I do not know my amh level. I am age 34 this year.

Had managed to conceive naturally even with endo issues and when pregnant, no menses so also no pain when no menses come and also never think much about the endo. Had given birth yesterday morning via caesearean to my baby boy. Now in hospital day 2 learning to breastfeed baby. :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies,
I was TTC and diagnosed with Endo and ovarian cyst in 2019. Dr recommended to do surgery to improve fertility. Went to consult another Dr, she mention cyst won’t affect fertility. Just ask me to leave it as my cyst are still small in size and ask me to TTC naturally for 6mths. Meanwhile I did follow up by doing scan to monitor the growth of my cyst. After 8mths of TTC I was pregnant but MC in 5weeks.
Dr recommended to do laparoscopy immediately after MC to remove cysts and my Endo. And during my surgery, I have also removed my right fallopian tube due to unhealthy.
Post surgery, my gynae put me on hormonal medication (Visanne) for me as a treatment for Endo as she does not want it to reoccur so soon. I have to take the medication for 6mths before resuming TTC.
I recently on my 2nd mths of medication.
I thinking to go for TCM while on medication to tiao my body as for now can’t pregnant yet so want to focus more my overall woman health to prevent MC again.
Should I go for TCM while on medication or I should wait till medication completed??
Cause I worrying that my chances of conceive will be decreasing as I only left with my left tube and Endo condition.
Thank you

Hi ladies,
I was TTC and diagnosed with Endo and ovarian cyst in 2019. Dr recommended to do surgery to improve fertility. Went to consult another Dr, she mention cyst won’t affect fertility. Just ask me to leave it as my cyst are still small in size and ask me to TTC naturally for 6mths. Meanwhile I did follow up by doing scan to monitor the growth of my cyst. After 8mths of TTC I was pregnant but MC in 5weeks.
Dr recommended to do laparoscopy immediately after MC to remove cysts and my Endo. And during my surgery, I have also removed my right fallopian tube due to unhealthy.
Post surgery, my gynae put me on hormonal medication (Visanne) for me as a treatment for Endo as she does not want it to reoccur so soon. I have to take the medication for 6mths before resuming TTC.
I recently on my 2nd mths of medication.
I thinking to go for TCM while on medication to tiao my body as for now can’t pregnant yet so want to focus more my overall woman health to prevent MC again.
Should I go for TCM while on medication or I should wait till medication completed??
Cause I worrying that my chances of conceive will be decreasing as I only left with my left tube and Endo condition.
Thank you
Hi, am in a similar situation as you except that I have endo but no ovarian cyst issues. I did not do any laparoscopy at all but I also had my right fallopian tube removed due to chemical pregnancy before.
I was also on Visanne as treatment for Endo for 6 months before. Also had went TCM but it was after my medication to tiao my body. As for your query on whether you should go for TCM while on medication, it really depends on what TCM treatment you are doing, example some TCM treatment are acupuncture and massages while some TCM may require you to consume chinese medicine. It would be best to let your TCM know you are on Visanne and see the advice and vice versa, you can also ask your gynae while on Visanne, suitable for TCM ? But most of the time, TCM and Western are on different poles, they will suggest not to mix.

Lastly, with endo condition and left with only left tube, definitely chances of conceive has decreased but not impossible to conceive. For my case, I had failed IVF but successfully conceived naturally thenafter with a healthy baby boy now.
You can read my post earlier in this thread. In our current "unfavourable" body condition, we need less stress mentally and lots of luck from above to succeed. Good Luck !

Hi, am in a similar situation as you except that I have endo but no ovarian cyst issues. I did not do any laparoscopy at all but I also had my right fallopian tube removed due to chemical pregnancy before.
I was also on Visanne as treatment for Endo for 6 months before. Also had went TCM but it was after my medication to tiao my body. As for your query on whether you should go for TCM while on medication, it really depends on what TCM treatment you are doing, example some TCM treatment are acupuncture and massages while some TCM may require you to consume chinese medicine. It would be best to let your TCM know you are on Visanne and see the advice and vice versa, you can also ask your gynae while on Visanne, suitable for TCM ? But most of the time, TCM and Western are on different poles, they will suggest not to mix.

Lastly, with endo condition and left with only left tube, definitely chances of conceive has decreased but not impossible to conceive. For my case, I had failed IVF but successfully conceived naturally thenafter with a healthy baby boy now.
You can read my post earlier in this thread. In our current "unfavourable" body condition, we need less stress mentally and lots of luck from above to succeed. Good Luck !

Thank you for ur encouragement! Hopefully I can TTC naturally by 2021.

Hi anyone know if laparoscopy is the only way to diagnose endometriosis? Can it be done via mri scan? Mine is a suspected case only and I was thinking not to go through the keyhole surgery unless necessary. Any suggestions?

Hi all,

Did anyone done any surgery on endometrial polyp, through hysteroscopy? Or how is the dr. Chern Su Min Bernard in KKH? Because I have an appointment with him in this friday. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi all, may i know how were you diagnosed with endometriosis? I have very bad lower abdominal pain since last year and each time it last for 1 wk plus. For the 1st few months, the pain started after i finished my menses but recently, the pain starts in the middle of my menses. My menses is also abnormal, i keep bleeding and spotting for the past 2 months. Don't know if i also have endometriosis.

Hi all,

Did anyone done any surgery on endometrial polyp, through hysteroscopy? Or how is the dr. Chern Su Min Bernard in KKH? Because I have an appointment with him in this friday. Thanks so much in advance.
Hi Catalyia, how is your appt with dr Bernard Chern, I may have an appt with him too. Please pm me. My number is 83991571

Thank you!
Jastine

Nov 30, 2020
Hi please add me into the group chat as well. Thank you!

Hi @VC15 , I have removed my polyp on 19th Feb without anesthesia. My experience was good with him. He is a good doctor and he only recommended to do surgery without anesthesia. Let me know if you want to know anything else. Thanks.

Hi, just wanna share that i went for my laparoscopic surgery in Jan this year and was diagnosed with severe endo. I had just recently found out that i'm pregnant. Prior to this, i had been ttc for 5 years and had 1 miscarriage. Hope my sharing shines some lights for those in similar conditions. Good luck and baby dust to all!

Hi, After hysteroscopy periods will be normal? or it will come late? Did anybody had any issues? Thanks in advance.

Thank you!

Hi, can you please add me to the group? Looking for an experienced surgeon who can do bowel endometriosis surgery. Does anyone know one?
Thank you.

Best regards,
SH

Dear all,

I have been having spotting before the period come/in between period. Around 18/19 days from the 1st day of the period and last for 3 days

This month the spotting is still on going and has been a week
Any have the same experience with me?

Thank you

Hi all, may i know how were you diagnosed with endometriosis? I have very bad lower abdominal pain since last year and each time it last for 1 wk plus. For the 1st few months, the pain started after i finished my menses but recently, the pain starts in the middle of my menses. My menses is also abnormal, i keep bleeding and spotting for the past 2 months. Don't know if i also have endometriosis.

Hi
I am having the same issue.

Thank you!
hi i am an endo patient too and looking for some support. I am keen to join the whatsapp grp. Pls add me 82258570.thanks

Have pm-ed you. Do drop me a message or pm me your number :)

Thank you!

Please add me to the support group.
Thank you!

I went through laparoscopy to remove some cysts caused by endometriosis. After the surgery, I
have been taking Visanne. However, my period seems very irregular, and i am spotting or bleeding every day. Does anyone have similar symptoms?

After you guys stopped taking Visanne, how long did it take for your menstrual cycle to go back to normal?

Hi g2hong, I have similar symptoms as you.. may I ask what happened after that? Did u visit gynea to check?

Hi g2hong, I have similar symptoms as you.. may I ask what happened after that? Did u visit gynea to check?
Hi buttons, i went to visit a gynae, who arranged for me to do abdominal and vaginal scanning, but there is nothing found. Gynae just suspect it may be due to endo and just advise to take painkiller when i feel pain. I'm currently visiting TCM to do acupuncture, still monitoring the progress. For this month, I didn't feel any pain. Just waiting to see if the pain will come again next month.

Thank you!

Hello! Is this support group for endometriosis still active? Can I join? Thank you!

Hello. If anyone is in this whatsapp/telegram support group for endometriosis, can add me in? I pm the thread starter but received no reply. Thanks.

Hello all, really appreciate if you guys who has taken Visanne before let me know of your experience (ie if you had any side effects and how long were you on the medication).

If there is a whatsapp/telegram support group for endometriosis, appreciate if I can be added in the group too! Thank you!

Back