Effective weight loss suggestions (post-partum)

Hi mummies, just thought of sharing some tips to help you with your weight loss journey while busy looking after the child/ children and working. I'm not an expert in this but I managed to lose until 3kg below pre-pregnancy weight, and aiming for another 3kg more so that I can reach my pre-working weight (yes before I started work 10 years ago). I gained 14kg with my 2nd boy last year and was down to the last 5kg in January. I was due to return to work and couldn't fit into any of my working clothes... you know the frustration... and also, very tempted to buy the very expensive shapewear... In the end I did the following which help:

- cut down on carbo
- fill my meals with veg & protein
- continue to pump
- TCM baguan & gua sha (this helps with metabolism and curb appetite)

I manage to lose 7kg in 4 months. :) It sounds like an easy plan but it takes a lot of discipline... I have my doubts on TCM baguan and gua sha but they really did help me control my appetite. I pack my lunches to work every day. Every weekend, I do very simple mass cooking of veg/ meat and pack into 3 tupperwares, bring to work daily for my lunch. Between my meals, I eat apples if I'm hungry. For breakfast, I stick to 2 eggs/ 2 pieces of wholemeal bread. I drink coffee daily as this makes me relax and happy. Other foods which I allow myself to eat are sweet potato/ corn.

I could fit into the clothes which I last worn 3 years ago... and so happy to buy more new clothes. Self-confidence is really important to me.

All the best mummies... my body type is the easy fat type and I have an addiction to sugary stuffs and carbo e.g. bread. Just have to control during this period... I'm giving myself another 2 months to reach my goal and then I'm done!

Hi mummy

Congrats to yr sucess in weigh lossing. I am like u but now my girl is 1 yr old plus and i having be able to loss my weigh.

Can u share with me about this tCM baguan & gua sha. How frequent u r doing it and from where?

And with regards to yr mass cooking of vegetables, which type of vegetables do u normally cook to freeze or fridge it for yr daily meal?

Sorry i am a blur mummy here.

Thank u.

Hi mummy

Congrats to yr sucess in weigh lossing. I am like u but now my girl is 1 yr old plus and i having be able to loss my weigh.

Can u share with me about this tCM baguan & gua sha. How frequent u r doing it and from where?

And with regards to yr mass cooking of vegetables, which type of vegetables do u normally cook to freeze or fridge it for yr daily meal?

Sorry i am a blur mummy here.

Thank u.
Hi mummy, i did the baguan and gua sha at absolute wellness but I recommend you this place only if you have the budget. I have enquired a few other places too but settled on this place because of the online reviews and also its structured program. You can try searching other places and see which budget is suitable for you? Basically, I did twice a week... each session is about 45 minutes and follows the diet plan which is what I listed.

For the mass cooking of vegetables, I find that bulky vegetables fills me up more e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, long beans, sweet peas, tomatoes compared to leafy vegetables. I will bake them in the oven then separate them into 3 tupperwares together with a protein (e.g. chicken thigh/ breast/ salmon) and put in fridge.

Hope this helps!

Back