Ectopic Pregnancy (IVF)

pinkpony

Hi ladies does anyone have experience ectopic pregnancy through ivf?

My doctor (dr Veronique from kkh) she said I might have ectopic preg. But I’m not bleeding and I don’t have bleeding. Took blood test and My hcg went from 35.5 , 37.3, 33.4 to 89.8. Went for emergency scan but no sight of embryo. Dr asked me to eat this Med called MXT. I’m worried sick cus after eating this Med can’t conceive for 3 months! Anyone experience this?

Hi ladies does anyone have experience ectopic pregnancy through ivf?

My doctor (dr Veronique from kkh) she said I might have ectopic preg. But I’m not bleeding and I don’t have bleeding. Took blood test and My hcg went from 35.5 , 37.3, 33.4 to 89.8. Went for emergency scan but no sight of embryo. Dr asked me to eat this Med called MXT. I’m worried sick cus after eating this Med can’t conceive for 3 months! Anyone experience this?

Hi
I have also taken the injection call MXT

I was diagnose either etopic/miscarriage on 25 Sep 2018. The HCG went from 219 to 99 on 25 Sep. Thereafter, it went up to 101 on 28 Sep. My doc could not find anything so he suggested to have either injection or just wait for another week. So I decided to go for the injection and will need to see him on 5 Oct 2018. For me, I would not be able to conceive for the next 3 months.

Last year, I also suffer from etopic pregnancy doc to a laparocoscy on me. I am still worried, hopefully the injection will make my hcg to 0.

Anyone had the same experience, appreciate your comments!

Doc also suspected I have ectopic pregnancy when my low hcg kept falling and rising.

Scheduled for MXD injection (it’s not oral meds) the next day, when surprisely my menses came on the injection morning itself!

Just went for blood test after 3-days+ of menses, and my hcg have fallen to below pregnancy’s level! So yeah, relieved as my husband and me wish to avoid MXD injection if possible. Another option is taking oral meds if the embryo is at the right place (uterus). Good luck, and stay positive-minded even though it’s difficult at this moment.

You may like to read this useful blog on ectopic pregnancy:

http://www.hollyjean.sg/2014/12/i-didnt-miscarry-it-turned-out-ectopic.html?m=1

http://www.hollyjean.sg/2015/03/life-after-terminating-ectopic-pregnancy.html?m=1

Last edited:
Doc also suspected I have ectopic pregnancy when my low hcg kept falling and rising.

Scheduled for MXD injection (it’s not oral meds) the next day, when surprisely my menses came on the injection morning itself!

Just went for blood test after 3-days+ of menses, and my hcg have fallen to below pregnancy’s level! So yeah, relieved as my husband and me wish to avoid MXD injection if possible. Another option is taking oral meds if the embryo is at the right place (uterus). Good luck, and stay positive-minded even though it’s difficult at this moment.

http://www.hollyjean.sg/2015/03/life-after-terminating-ectopic-pregnancy.html?m=1

Thank you hopefaithhome

Yes, I have to be very positive minded even though its difficult at this moment. I just need to wait for 2 more days for the blood test. I pray it will went down below pregnancy level.

Would anybody know what will happen after taking the injection and the HCG went up? Do give me a feedback?

hi, I took the MTX Methotraxate jab several years ago for IVF ectopic. my HCG was like Rabbit Nur's. Low, went down, and then went up. could not locate anything when scanned. diagnosed as unknown location ectopic and given the MTX jab. hcg went up slightly immediately after the jab but the next blood test showed dropping hcg. MTX is prescribed based on body weight and age so they cannot give more jabs. KKH continued to monitor the hcg twice weekly until HCG became NIL. this took 6 weeks for me, but it is uncertain duration. only after the 6 weeks then my menses came. when hcg was NIL, dr did another scan to check womb is cleared.

hi, I took the MTX Methotraxate jab several years ago for IVF ectopic. my HCG was like Rabbit Nur's. Low, went down, and then went up. could not locate anything when scanned. diagnosed as unknown location ectopic and given the MTX jab. hcg went up slightly immediately after the jab but the next blood test showed dropping hcg. MTX is prescribed based on body weight and age so they cannot give more jabs. KKH continued to monitor the hcg twice weekly until HCG became NIL. this took 6 weeks for me, but it is uncertain duration. only after the 6 weeks then my menses came. when hcg was NIL, dr did another scan to check womb is cleared.

Thanks Mich. You mentioned that MTX is prescribed based on body weight and age. Are you able to tell me more?

Thanks Mich. You mentioned that MTX is prescribed based on body weight and age. Are you able to tell me more?
Doc will calculate with yr height and weight to determine the level of MXD to be injected in you. Don’t worry too much, just monitor and take each day at a time :)

Hi ladies
I had the MTX injection too..
Started bleeding 4 days after the injection which is yesterday.. but today bleeding is much much lesser with slight cramps..
May i seek your advise will there be chances the hcg goes up again? Im am worrying my self crazy this whole week abt this..
Your advise will be helpful

Doc will calculate with yr height and weight to determine the level of MXD to be injected in you. Don’t worry too much, just monitor and take each day at a time :)
Hi
I had the MTX injection too.. :(
Started bleeding 4 days after the injection which is yesterday.. but today bleeding is much much lesser with slight cramps..
May i seek your advise will there be chances the hcg goes up again? Im am worrying my self crazy this whole week abt this..

Thanks Mich, i am very concerned. Aft taking the MTX, i hv no bleeding at all.not sure whether is good or bad. Just praying till Fri comes

Hi ladies
I had the MTX injection too..
I need the advise too. Mine was not bleeding aft 1 day of injection. I am very concerned.just waiting for Fri to come

As I said, my menses only came after SIX WEEKS.
You still have appointments with your doctors and at each appointment you should still be doing a blood test for hcg. that test will monitor how fast the hcg drops. no one else can do anything. if you don't have the follow up appointments, then I recommend that you schedule them.
MTX is a drug used to kill cells, it's also used for cancer patients. therefore it is unlikely not to be effective, just that you need time for it to take effect.
try instead to use the time to rest, recuperate and re-balance your mental and physical health.

As I said, my menses only came after SIX WEEKS.
You still have appointments with your doctors and at each appointment you should still be doing a blood test for hcg. that test will monitor how fast the hcg drops. no one else can do anything. if you don't have the follow up appointments, then I recommend that you schedule them.
MTX is a drug used to kill cells, it's also used for cancer patients. therefore it is unlikely not to be effective, just that you need time for it to take effect.
try instead to use the time to rest, recuperate and re-balance your mental and physical health.

Thank you Mich. Will try to rest mentally and stay positive.

Thank GOD! My hcg after MTX injection from 101 reduced to 23 last Friday. Will need to see doc again to ensure that it will go zero. Very positive and hope that this journey will of etopic will end soon.

I went to see gynae yesterday at estimated week 5. Didnt see any sac even with transvaginal ultrasound. Did blood test and hcg is high at 3000. Gynae suspected its ectopic as hcg is really high yet cant see the sac.

Going to see gynae again today to 'confirm' and perhaps discuss about next course of action.

Truth is, im totally devastated. I always wanted 3 kids and i was so happy when i thought that i conceived my #3, only to have this twisted ending.

3000 seems too high for mtx, may opt to do laparascopy.

I went to see gynae yesterday at estimated week 5. Didnt see any sac even with transvaginal ultrasound. Did blood test and hcg is high at 3000. Gynae suspected its ectopic as hcg is really high yet cant see the sac.

Going to see gynae again today to 'confirm' and perhaps discuss about next course of action.

Truth is, im totally devastated. I always wanted 3 kids and i was so happy when i thought that i conceived my #3, only to have this twisted ending.

Hi
I had the MTX injection too.. :(

Hi Lovebaby, I had 2 MTX shots cos the HcG refused to come down and in the end, I had to undergo op to remove the Fallopian tube. The HcG will not go up but it may not go down so fast too. The doc will order blood test every other day to see if your HcG level goes down.

Would you want to seek for 2nd opinion? Week 5 could be too early.

Hi lovebaby
don't worry too much.. just relax and to use the time to rest, recuperate and re-balance your mental and physical health. That's what I learnt from Mich Ng. It will go down but not so soon. Mine went low and then went up again. After HCG, it went down.

Abit worried too for my wife. She did a urine test on 2feb and there is a very faint line. So she repeated the urine test on 13 feb ,the line seems darker . However, the blood test done on 12 Feb for beta hcg is only 300+. Seems like heading for a ectopic pregnancy.
She had ectopic pregnancy before in sep 2016.

Anyone facing similar issue ?

Hi hopefaithome, may I know how soon you're given green light to try again after the ectopic resolving naturally?

Hi ladies, I'm looking for recommendations of doctor that "save" the fallopian tube while removing a tubal pregnancy.

I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy in the left fallopian tube 3 days ago. While I'm still clinically well today at 7w4d but my doctor suggest me not to wait anymore. He recommends to remove the entire fallopian tube rather than removing the pregnancy alone and repairing the tube. He said this is a more common practice for the safety of mother to avoid future ectopic.

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years. Had ultrasound to track ovulation for many months -- i always ovulate from the left side (not alternate!) So I really hope to save this tube. As he doesn't recommend patients to keep the tube of a tubal pregnancy, I doubt if he is experienced in repairing the tube.

If your tube has been saved, don't mind share the name of your doctor? Really appreciate. Thanks!!!

Hi ladies, I'm looking for recommendations of doctor that "save" the fallopian tube while removing a tubal pregnancy.

I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy in the left fallopian tube 3 days ago. While I'm still clinically well today at 7w4d but my doctor suggest me not to wait anymore. He recommends to remove the entire fallopian tube rather than removing the pregnancy alone and repairing the tube. He said this is a more common practice for the safety of mother to avoid future ectopic.

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years. Had ultrasound to track ovulation for many months -- i always ovulate from the left side (not alternate!) So I really hope to save this tube. As he doesn't recommend patients to keep the tube of a tubal pregnancy, I doubt if he is experienced in repairing the tube.

If your tube has been saved, don't mind share the name of your doctor? Really appreciate. Thanks!!!
You can try dr loh seong feei?

Back