Dr Tan Thiam Chye

He’s my gynae since the beginning.. I’m currently in my 6th mths.. so far the impression on him was quite a friendly doctor.. u can ask him any questions under the sky and he’ll try his best to answer as best as he can..

I’m seeing him again tmr for follow up visit.. just that his schedule can be quite packed..

He’s my gynae since the beginning.. I’m currently in my 6th mths.. so far the impression on him was quite a friendly doctor.. u can ask him any questions under the sky and he’ll try his best to answer as best as he can..

I’m seeing him again tmr for follow up visit.. just that his schedule can be quite packed..

Thanks Piscesxsmile!!

Hi Piscesxsmile,

Just to check are u visit him at Clinic B? You paying subsidize rate or private?

Just curious because my wife went to blood test and KKH said we are on subsidize but we can make appt with choice of gynea. By the way, our first visit will be on 20/10 at clinic B.

Thanks

any review for Prof Tan Thiam Chye @ KKH?
Congratulations Excited daddy!

We were appointed to Prof Tan since our first kid 6 yrs ago (subsidized) and now still with him for our 3rd (private). We feel that we can put our mind at ease when he is handling situations. Agree that he is pro natural. Not a man of many words but can ask him anything. Nurses under him are good and with my experiences, ward nurses in KKH are also very friendly and patient.

Congratulations Excited daddy!

We were appointed to Prof Tan since our first kid 6 yrs ago (subsidized) and now still with him for our 3rd (private). We feel that we can put our mind at ease when he is handling situations. Agree that he is pro natural. Not a man of many words but can ask him anything. Nurses under him are good and with my experiences, ward nurses in KKH are also very friendly and patient.

Thanks! After first appt, We found that he is very patient n soft spoken too also very polite.. hand shake with us after seeing him n keep congrats. Will continue with him..

Hi Piscesxsmile,

Just to check are u visit him at Clinic B? You paying subsidize rate or private?

Just curious because my wife went to blood test and KKH said we are on subsidize but we can make appt with choice of gynea. By the way, our first visit will be on 20/10 at clinic B.

Thanks

Sorry, just saw the message..

I’m seeing him on private rate. A/Prof Tan runs his clinic on certain days only which should be certain morning or afternoon seeing subsidised patient and then both category of patients.

For me if I can’t make it on the original appt he scheduled me to be in clinic L, I’ll be able to see him based on my schedule in clinic B.. I’m actually not quite sure the difference but clinic L seemed more aesthetically furnished than clinic B. So I guess clinic L should be the clinic he sees private patient.

Anyway, as the delivery draws near.. it then depends whether your wife is on natural birth or c-sect.. c-sect need to make appt in advance u can then confirm A/Prof Tan will be the gynae performing the procedure.

If it’s natural birth, usually we will have to go through emergency triage then to the delivery room right, kk will try to contact the gynae immediately and have which doctor on duty to see us first.. unless our body condition really can’t wait and must deliver immediately, then it will be the which ever gynae available (if our gynae still not around) to do the delivery.. I guess this type of situation unavoidable if our body condition allow us to go for natural birth..

So long the baby is healthy is the most important of all! I’m left with 1 mth plus before I get to see my boy

Hi Excited Daddy,

May I clarify that the consultation fee is $100+ and ultrasound is another different charge?

Please help. I tried calling KKH to make an appointment with Dr Tan Thiam Chye but they told me he no longer with KKH. Anyone know which clinic he is in now? Thanks.

Thanks Lalamoo. Yes I heard he is really good and is really looking forward to seeing him.
Any idea if he is available for consultation between now and June?

Thanks Lalamoo. Yes I heard he is really good and is really looking forward to seeing him.
Any idea if he is available for consultation between now and June?

I just received call from kkh that he is leaving, setting up his own clinic at Mt E Novena. He is a super friendly doctor and can bear with my WHYssss...love his professionalism.. I supposed to have natural birth but in the end emergency csec under him as after 48hrs induction and still not dilated. So no choice have to do emergency csec. Anyway feel secured under his care. Wound recovered nicely according to Polyclinic nurse during my dressing session as I scared to do it myself at home.

=( he's suppose to be my ob (in kk) after I got pregnant. Was wondering why my ob name got changed when I checked this morning

I just received call from kkh that he is leaving, setting up his own clinic at Mt E Novena. He is a super friendly doctor and can bear with my WHYssss...love his professionalism.. I supposed to have natural birth but in the end emergency csec under him as after 48hrs induction and still not dilated. So no choice have to do emergency csec. Anyway feel secured under his care. Wound recovered nicely according to Polyclinic nurse during my dressing session as I scared to do it myself at home.
How is the c sect skills of dr tan? Post c sect sewing good?

How is the c sect skills of dr tan? Post c sect sewing good?

Actually I don't know how good is good. But when I went to Polyclinic to check the nurse there said perfect scar. So I think is good. And my friend also said mine is good compared to hers.

Hi mummies, How is Dr Tan Thiam Chye’s stitching skill for natural birth and c-sect? From the forum, He seems to be friendly and patient. I intend to switch to Dr Tan Thiam Chye for my 2nd pregnancy. But there are not many comments regarding to his stitching skills. Can mummies who have experience with him share pls? TIA

Hi mummies, How is Dr Tan Thiam Chye’s stitching skill for natural birth and c-sect? From the forum, He seems to be friendly and patient. I intend to switch to Dr Tan Thiam Chye for my 2nd pregnancy. But there are not many comments regarding to his stitching skills. Can mummies who have experience with him share pls? TIA
Hi, I recently had csec under dr tan. His stitching skill is great, my stitches is those dissolvable ones so no need to manually remove the stitch. The stitch wound is really nice~ even nurse say it's one the nicest she have seen. It's like a fat fold joined together(from my hubby description) haha

Hi, I recently had csec under dr tan. His stitching skill is great, my stitches is those dissolvable ones so no need to manually remove the stitch. The stitch wound is really nice~ even nurse say it's one the nicest she have seen. It's like a fat fold joined together(from my hubby description) haha
Thanks, tigerjos! You followed him to Mount E Novena? Is the hospital bill very expensive? How about the pain and recovery after c-sect? Is he pro natural? Sorry for many questions :p

Ya I followed him to MEN =) for him he say csec stay 3d/2n can already instead of the standard 4d3n for csec and he seems to have a special arrangement with hospital so the 3d2n is a fixed price. Save abt $400 in comparison to standard package. Bill is standard cost posted in the sites.

Pain of coz have haha 2nd day 1st step down of bed is horrible lol recovery very much individual.
But the nurses there majority is really nice, reassuring and skillful I'll say~ during csec they run thru every step to you.

Yes he is pro natural~ he let us do a last scan 2 days before csec to see whether our baby turns down (she was in breech).

Really nice doctor I'll say =) the post surgery medicine given are good too.

Like the csec wound protection stick on~ the nurses are saying it's good as the stick on is really thin and it's transparent which is good for wound monitoring + waterproof~ so can go bathe without having to worry abt water reaching wound.

Ya I followed him to MEN =) for him he say csec stay 3d/2n can already instead of the standard 4d3n for csec and he seems to have a special arrangement with hospital so the 3d2n is a fixed price. Save abt $400 in comparison to standard package. Bill is standard cost posted in the sites.

Pain of coz have haha 2nd day 1st step down of bed is horrible lol recovery very much individual.
But the nurses there majority is really nice, reassuring and skillful I'll say~ during csec they run thru every step to you.

Yes he is pro natural~ he let us do a last scan 2 days before csec to see whether our baby turns down (she was in breech).

Really nice doctor I'll say =) the post surgery medicine given are good too.

Like the csec wound protection stick on~ the nurses are saying it's good as the stick on is really thin and it's transparent which is good for wound monitoring + waterproof~ so can go bathe without having to worry abt water reaching wound.
Thank you tigerjos for the detailed explanation:)

Is there any mummy could share how is dr Tan’s stitching for natural birth pls?

Back