Dr Paul Tseng from TMC

Thank you Zin. I've found his address from the web. For those who are interested - Blk408 Woodland st41.

Is recovery slower and more painful from natural tearing?

Since Dr Paul Tseng doesn't favour episotomy but allow natural tearing, is the wound more painful and takes a longer time to recover?

my 2 babies were delivered by paul tseng but maybe i was lucky , the 1st one took 5hrs and 2nd one 2 hrs ,no epidural for both , stitching was good with the solution to apply at the bottom and took about 7 to 10 days to recover most importantly even after the 2nd baby , 'everything' seems the same after that!

My son was delivered by Dr Paul Tseng 3.5 years ago. I had pre term labour at 31 weeks and was admitted to hospital on a saturday night close to midnight. Dr arrived very promptly, calm and very assuring. He stopped the labour. Next day, sunday, he was there to see me in the morning, afternoon and evening.

He delivered my son without an episiotomy. I had a large tear as I am petite in size and he stitiched me up really good. I delivered at 4pm, next day at 12pm I was walking normally. My second pregnancy now, I am 32 weeks and Dr Tseng is simply fabulous. I like his philosophy of pregnancy and delivery - Au Naturelle!! Nobody thought that a person my size, height 1.55cm, weighing less than 40 kg before being pregnant can give birth naturally to a baby slightly over 3kg. Dr Tseng made me believe it could happen naturally even though friends and colleagues all told me I'm too small and would need a C section.

Can't be more happy with Dr Tseng.

Hi, I am a March 08 MTB. Has anyone recently seen Dr Paul Tseng and has an idea of what his charges (for package) is like?

I am also very happy with DR Paul Tseng.

For my first pregnancy, I had pre-clampsia and delivered my boy via elective epidural C-section (by another gynae).

Then for my second pregnancy, I decided to go to a gynae who is supportive of VBAC. So glad to have found DR Paul Tseng, who made me believe that VBAC is totally possible.

Throughout the whole pregnancy, Dr Tseng took special care of me, to make sure that he does enuf preventive measures to ensure that I do not suffer from pre-eclampsia again.

Anyway, I had my wish granted, as my baby girl was born naturally, with no cut, no tear. But then again, she was small to begin with. Dr Tseng made my dream of delivering naturally come true, tats the best experience any mummy can hope for.

Hi clover,

I am currently seeing Dr Paul @ TMC - my EDD is Nov 2007. His package will only start from WK20 - $500 & Delivery fee $1K (normal vaginal delivery). Medicine will be charged additionally - but so far, I was only on 1 multi-vit Obimin which is quite cheap.

If you sign up with TMC FBI card, you get some small discount off the delivery fee.

Hope that helps.

sunshinekid,
can u share we me how to make sure wont have pre-eclampsia again? bcos I have this problem too during my first pregnancy.

hi QooSan

I am not sure if this method works, but Dr Paul Tseng started me with very low dosage of Aspirin since 4th or 5th month of my pregnancy, right up to the 8th month if I am not wrong.

However, this is not a foolproof method of preventing pre-eclampsia, as according to Dr Paul Tseng and other gynaes, there is no one sure way of preventing it. But at least Dr Tseng took good care of me during the entire 9 mths.

As for his first consultation, I really cant rem, as my girl is oredi 20MO.
happy.gif

Hi sunshinekid,

Thanks for your reply. So it got to be on medication, just check on internet, low dosage of aspirin is for preventing blood clot and heart attack. Sigh..maybe our heart is weak that why we got high blood pressure during pregnancy??
sad.gif

I saw Dr. Tseng in Nov 2007 (8 weeks pregnant). I got slightly bleeding from vagina. He checked with ultrasound and he told me that the baby is totally ok and baby's heartbeat could be seen so there shouldn't be any problem. However, in the evening (same day), I got heavy bleeding and rushed to A&E - totally MISCARRIAGE. D&C conducted too.

I am another happy patient of Dr. Tseng. Love his au naturale methods and practise.. THumbs up for Paul Tseng!

Had issues with episiotomy and not many gynae do away with this. I changed gyane in my last month and although I am with Dr Tseng for 1 month, I am truly happy with his patience and professional service.

Hi Sakura,

I had my baby with Dr Paul Tseng. I switched to him when i was 6 months pregnant cos I wanted a gynae that was supportive of natural child-birthing. Prior to that, i was with another gynae for my 2 pregnancies but they were both managed birth. Although Dr Tseng did not get to Mt A in time to deliver my baby, I still felt I had a good experience with him, primarily because he was willing to listen to how I felt and allowed me a chance to try natural birthing. My previous gynae at Mt A did not allow me any of my desired birth plan and so when he did, I felt great assurance and confidence. I also developed some complications after birth where I had arterial bleeding. Although I found out much later it could be potentially fatal, at the point of assesment, he was very much in control of the situation and informed my husband professionally what he had to do.

hi mummies, anyone delivered at Mt. A by paul tseng? Can share experience? Did he arrive in time? What were pros and cons in your opinion? I am seeing him but not keen with TMC and plan to deliver at Mt. A instead... But i know he is based at TMC thus more convenient and all that. Trying to assess.....

Hi Eunice

My 2nd and 3rd kids were both delivered by Paul Tseng in Mt.A. #2 took 5 hrs and he delivred her at abt 3am, but as for #3, by the time he came to the hospital, my baby was oredi out as the whole labour took only 45 mins from the time i reached the hosp, so it's not Dr Paul Tseng's fault at all!!

He delivered the placenta though.

No regrets to see Paul Tseng cos I feel he's the best!
happy.gif

thanks sunshinekid. I am quite sure of delivering at Mt. A after the tour I did this week. apart from your 3rd kid, between the time u arrive at Mt. A and the time dr tseng arrived, roughly how long? And based on your post, i assume both your 1st 2 kids had u admitted after office hrs too right?

As for your 3rd who came out faster, who delivered it for u then? Midwife?

hi,
just want to say that i had pre-clampsia for #1 leading to csection at week 32.baby was 1kg.

for my #2 preggy, i was worried which dr to go. find that some dr are quite 'jumpy' and made me more jumpy. no doubt, there is risk #2 is same thing again.but there is also chance that #2 is normal.

anyway i went dr paul after talking to sunshinekid. no regrets..

he was cool and we take it step by step.not kancheong thaat history wld repeat itself. did take some extra precaution unlike the other dr who said 'nothnig can be done to possibly prevent'. baby #2 - i had no complications. in fact, overdue by 1-2 days hehe.

Hi all,
I saw Dr Paul for my #1 pregnancy, now for #2 also seeing him. Choose him coz of good feedback from galfriends that he is pro-natural and wun force/scare you into taking pain killers. In fact he very much let me do whatever I wanted, like walking ard, not being strapped down, hubby to cut cord etc.... of course he will step in when danger, like when my #1 was facing the wrong way, he had to use forceps to turn his head. Other than that, wun impose restrictions on mothers unless medically unsafe.

I also gave birth at Mt A. Timing was quite ok. But bear in mind that i gave birth on a sunday so din clash with his TMC duties...

hi, anyone knw where his clinic is located in woodlands and what time is he there? is it stil the same plc 408 woodlands st 41?

Hi Mommies,

i am a successful VBAC patient by Dr Paul Tseng ,delivered on Dec 2010.
To go thru VBAC, you have to stay calm and carry a positive mindset.
Worry less and let nature take its course.

Dear all,

Just to share a piece of news...I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and I am seeing Dr Paul Tseng.

Wish me success into VBA2C with Dr Tseng.

Dear SP,

u're goin for vba2c rite. may i know wats the gap like for ur previous pregnancies? was it elective c-section or emergency ones? im goin to see dr paul tseng too coz really wanna go for vba2c. ive gone to another hosp but was denied trying for vba2c, so thats y i fixed an appt to see dr paul tseng. hoping to hear some gd news from him =) well at least let me have a trial labour.

hi mommies

i am 22 weeks pregnant with my third baby.

first baby was emergency c-sect with gynae from gleneagles, as i wasn't dilated in time and baby was in OP position hence distressed so had to cut me up. it felt awful and i never wanted a c-sect again ever.

second baby i told the gleneagles gynae i wanted to go for normal delivery. he said lets see how when you are about 30 weeks pregnant. when i reached that stage, he said better not risk it, not worthwhile. i got fedup so decided to see paul tseng t 32 weeks. successfully delivered baby #2 via vbac with paul tseng but he came out 3 weeks early so was very small (2.08 kg) hence it was a rather risk free easy vbac delivery.

now baby #3 i am seeing paul again. i spoke to him about risks of third baby thru vbac and he was relatively neutral. he just said we have to monitor and observe. i asked if after 1 vbac, this 2nd vbac should be lesser risk right? he said not necessary, in fact, some feel that the more vbacs you do, the higher risk of rupture cos that wound keeps getting stretched each time you conceive but stressed that there is no medical evidence to back that up. and becos for my case, the first baby was in OP position (baby's chin got stuck at the cervix so had hard time pushing out) so the shape of my cervix is fixed and may end up baby #3 with the same problem again. as such, he says still have some level of risk. but i am adamant about vbac so i am trying also to keep the baby of an average weight (pref less than 3kg) so risk of delivering is lesser and easier for vbac mums like us.

i always think if u set your mind to something and just think positively, it will all turn out well. positive thinking is very powerful especially in such cases and you can trust paul, he is very very experienced in these cases.

happy deliveries to everyone!
happy.gif

both previous deliveries are emergency-c . 1st was induce n end up breech cos not engaged so bb still move freely. 2nd want to try vabc but feel cheated cos nv given enough time to try then was advised to go e-c section again. see previous post for details.
now 3rd birth is 5 years apart, just wanna be sure wound completely heal.
but as mention by all who hv seen him, he'll not tell u u can do vabc or not, neither he'll discourage. he remain natural to see how things goes along. but one key point is tne bb head circumference . shouldn't be more than 38cm else dr think quite rare to pass thru our virginal in normal delivery.
so now keep my finger cross that bb's growth cooperate with my wish to try for vab2c.
wish me luck!

would highly recommend him if you are pro natural. He's also patient when he delivered #1. I had fertility issues when trying for #2 but he never push me to try IVF and now, after 6 years, I conceive #2 and am still choosing him as my gynae. Tried another gynae during the 6 years for fertility treatment and find the other gynae so pushy and expensive, unlike Paul.

Hi...
Not too sure if this thread is still alive.

But wanna ask if anyone does IUI under Dr Paul Tseng?

Hi, is this thread still active? Im thinking of switching doctors and was rec. paul tseng...pls advise..im pro natural...but earlier in the thread i hear quite scary comments but that was eralier in the years...so by now..hopefully things changed? hmmm, pls help..thanks..

hi,

For 2nd baby - i had a successful VBAC with him. tho it was over EDD. first baby was with other dr - pre-clampsia, C-section, premature birth

find him very patient and pro-natural. tho my labour was v long with initial slow progress, he still patient and said 'gd'. he didnt resort to drugs to speed up my labour, respecting my wishes that I wanted as pro-natural.

if want chatty gynae - its not him lah. want to ask questions - he will definately answer.

I had pre-eclampsia so other drs I approached was rather pessimistic. they scare me more! I wanted to go thru preggy neutral or positive mindset, not scared this that.

he's definately not pushy and pessimistic which is impt for me. He remain neutral, positive which set an impt tone for my preggy/labour. at one time, my bp went up near borderline. he didnt say anything to worry me. it went down later - thank GOd. I think if other dr - will start to worry and scare me more...

baby was getting to be overdue but he didnt say anything to worry/scare me. only said something when it definately over EDD and still didnt say things that was scary. still cool abt it. The labour started naturally soon after..

so 2nd birth with him as my gynae was very gd..
happy.gif

just want to share a small "hiccup" i had with paul tseng. I was very happy with Paul Tseng, he is patient, reasonable waiting time and experienced (helped me remove a polyp that was causing spotting after 2 other docs just asked me to tk hormone pills)

Until the day of delivery,I was about 38 weeks. started spotting and having regular contractions since 3am that morning. not too painful and i was due to see him at 9am. so i just settled some stuff, bathed and went to his clinic.

strapped to ctg for about half an hour. then he saw me. (can't rem if scanned baby) and told me that the baby should come in about 1-2days. he advised that if i feel that baby coming, go straight to Mt A which is where I was supposed to deliver.

it was a saturday so we waited quite long to make payment and appt. took about half an hour. after i left the clinic, hb and i went to get some Jollibean from downstairs. I felt more contractions and feel like going to the toilet. Had a shock when went coz there was a lot of blood.

hb and I quickly went to Mt A. after settled down, nurse told me later take enema. then she check my dilation and said already can feel my baby's head! what a shock i got. in the end, don't need enema, the injection painkiller. just gas mask and 45mins my baby came out.

when paul tseng came, he just said "whoa, your threshold of pain must be quite high"

it's been about 28months since that day. but i still wonder why he did not check for dilation when i was at his clinic. is it not a pro-natural practice? ? most doctors would do that?

been thinking of having another one and wondering if i should go back to him.

I've seen Dr Paul Tseng once while gynae-shopping, he is professional and patient, and makes effort to phrase his words to put you at ease. My husband and I prefer someone who is more frank and engaging, someone who will offer information and advice upfront, so in the end we settled on another gynae.

Also, Paul Tseng is quite expensive, and we didn't like TMC due to the lack of parking.

xin
in my point of view - I think not checking for dilation - is a pro-natural birth kinda stance. I dun think that is the only way to tell if ready for birth. Dilation for some pp is very fast, depends on the person.

I heard some other dr like to check for dilation nearing the end of the preggy. If its not dilated or not dilated much - such checks can be painful. my sister hated those checks with another gynae. Also, sometimes the dr will purposely try to insert the finger to sweep inside - that may trigger the birth. that is not pro-natural stance.

I went for pro-natural course. Even during labour - advised such checks only when necessary and not too often. as can be painful. and knowing the progress/or lackof can be upsetting thus making mum worse and interrupt her focus. better to let it progress in its own time and have minimal checks.

Even during labour - some dr tend to check often. some have minimal checks.

i really appreciated dr paul not checking unless really necessary. coz Its painful and uncomfortable for me. My labour was long and the progress was v slow initially. I hate such checks.

I was delivered by Dr. Paul yesterday morning, it was a long labor & I was touched & pleased as he took efforts to come & check on me & monitor my condition regularly, even in the middle of the night. I change from another gynae to Dr. Paul as I would like to try VBAC, he is patient enough to give me advise & suggestions.

And I managed to deliver naturally & safely under his guidance. Was very touched & pleased with his professionalism. Though I don't intend to have #3, but I am really thankful to him. He is such a good & experienced gynae.

Dr Tseng delivered 2 babies for me. For both, the experience is gd. Choosing a gynae depends on what you want and what you are comfortable with. He is a man of few words and will not strike a long conversation with you but He will answer your questions if you ask. So one might feel like the consultation is rather short. Otherwise, he is a great gynae who doesn't make you spend extra $ to go for extra test unless necessary. Definitely recommend him.

Dr Paul is very kind and nice. I am now wk38 and very happy with his services. He replies to whatever enquiries i have.

Would intro him to all mummies to be
happy.gif

Hi,
I just delivered my 3rd child via VBA2C. Wanted to try natural birth for my last one. Thus, went to Dr Tseng for this last pregnancy. He is very patient & understanding. Told me the risks involved & also monitor closely thru out my pregnancy as I have history of pre-eclampsia for my first child. He did not say a straight YES u can go for VBA2C but instead advised me to see how my pregnancy progress. Only in my last trim, he said ok let's try for VBA2C. My delivery was v fast & took only half an hour in the labour ward for bb to pop. Am very grateful to Dr Tseng for giving me this chance to experience natural birth. He is very assuring and his stitching skills is v good. I had 3 stitches. Did not have take any painkiller & by the 1st week, I did not feel any pain down below. Anyone who wants to try for natural birth or VBAC, he is the one to look for!

Wenyl: can chk with ya on the time spent per consultation? He seems alright and will answer qns but is a man of few words.. Din really say much each time.. By wh session will he usu say if tis ok to go for vbac? Did he do any VE? Read tt during the last few sessions, he'll use his hand to feel for the hgt and wgt instead of scan coz cant see much too as bb's bigger.. Is it true? TIA!
happy.gif

Back