Dr Lee I Wuen from Raffles Hospital

crystal~07

Hi,

Have any one had Dr Lee I Wuen from Raffles Hospital as her gynae previously or currently? Would appreciate any comments or advice on Dr Lee. Thanks!

hi carole, she was / is yur gynae before or now? tis is my 1st preg & am thinking of consulting her as my gynae. wat would u suggest?

i am with her colleague, Dr Thong Pao Wen. I was once recommended to her, but cos i have seen Dr thong many yrs back, i decided to go back to Dr Thong.

On their panel List, Dr Lee is a good gynae. More impt is that u see her for the 1st time then u decide if you find her ok or nt. I got friends with Dr Lee too. she is a really a nice petite lady

Hi to all mommies here, i was searching for Dr Lee for the last 2 years thus 06 and 07 i'd got 2 babies but called up KKH but she wasn't there anymore, i was so dissappointed when i can't search her name online thus back in 1995 and 1996 she was in KKH and her name written as Iwen Lee, and she was my 2 kids gynae for that 96 and 97...but after 10 years on 2006 i'd conceived again but no sign of her and i had no choice but to go for another one, in 1997 she ever went to London for course and when she was back, she promoted as Consultant..after that i'd lost sign of her, remember she is a small size lady but can walk very fast thus dued to her height is not really tall so she gotta use a stool and delivered for me hehe so cute...now i saw this thread i'm so happy thus am planning to have 1 soon maybe 2008 so WOW i gonna got 6 kids liao...anyway thanks to this mommy who opened this thread, i'll gotta look for her for my pap smear test liao, she really nice and have a small and delicate hands when she was checking the baby head and insert her hand in our virgina, i dun feel pain at all...

Also one THING i must reveal that many DRs told me there is no such thing when ur placenta is down and someone can push it upper abit but she is the one who can make it cos in 1995 my son was inside my womb, she said my placenta was low and she asked me to sleep side way and she inserted her hand inside and push and turn finally my placenta was really up abit...i'm not purposely wanna recommend her but she is REAL GOOD and courtesy lady whom speak broken Mandarain haha...

hi carole & zu,
thanks both for sharing....e reason y i asked abt dr lee was cos my ex-colleague 2 gers used to be delivered by her in e past. my other frens & colleagues visit male gynaes which i m not keen on. uncomfortable & if u may say - embarrass as well. i personally prefer a lady gynae. search thru all the threads in the forums but can't locate any one mentioning her name even in the RMC thread. so tot to try my luck to see if anyone here knows abt here before i finalise her as my gynae.

honestly tis is my 1st preg & it reai came unplanned. until now, i m still in a stunned n dunno wat-to-do mode. maybe tat's y i can be typing away in here during office hrs which i usually wun do...i still cant absorb e fact tat i m preggie. other than hubby, oni 2 close colleagues here knows abt it & both of them r more excited than me...
sad.gif
oh dear....

seem like overnite, my life had just change 360 degrees.......

crystal, a baby brings joy to the family. My girl is now gng 2 next mth, and a Raffles Baby. I went back to raffles last mth, its like gng home.. feeling warm n good.

Private hosp of cos, pays slightly more. but u get better service and cleaner and more cosy environment

I am seeing Dr Lee now. My baby gal will be due in coming Jan 08. She is a patient and nice lady especially after my bad experience with kkh. So happy that I was introduced to her by my friend...
happy.gif

But waiting time is about 1hr each time..

thanks all for your advices & comments. now at least a load of my mind on gynaes' issues. still psyco-ing myself on finding out tat i m preggie...i still dun feel it but m told by Dr Lee's nurse over the phone tat i shd be in my 5th week oreadi....gosh....

hi babyshannon,

i ve seen dr lee oreadi...
happy.gif

mine will be due in may 08/june 08....but too early to know boy or ger....
u are rite, dr lee is indeed a reai nice & patient gynae....i like her warmth...
happy.gif

hi babyshannon, my next appt would be in nov oreadi....if not, we can catch up at waiting area..u r rite, the waiting time is more than an hr...
happy.gif

Hi crystal/ babyshannon,

Congrats to you both for ur little bundle of joy.
Am just wondering wat is the antennatal package like for Dr Lee? How much does it cost?

Thanks

hi citymum,
i vent been checking tis thread diligently. hope it is not too late to get back to u now. my antenatal pkg is $2600 of which i had already paid 70%. the bal will be paid upon my delivery. U may wish to check out the link below for further details. BTW, this exclude cost of ward stay & ops cost shd u ve a c-sec.

http://www.raffleshospital.com/antenatal_package.html.

Hi nikki,

Dr Lee is pro natural birth...
happy.gif
Thats one of the reason why i choose her.
My medical bill in total is abt 6k for both my daughter n I(I Stay in one bedder for 3days and my daughter stayed for extra one nite for jaundice). I paid abt 3k in cash, the rest by CPF.

Hi Shannonbaby,
Thanks.
seem like Raffles Gynae increase their price. Mine was $1.8 during year 2006.
happy.gif
(male gynae)

HI all,

I am expecting my 2nd kid with RMG. Also with Dr Lee I Wuen. Just to find out, she now nt with KK anymore? Anybody can cfm that?

I like her cos you can ask many questions and she won't chase you away. She takes time to answer them.

Further to that, her assisitant nurse, Zul is very helpful.

Just a few weeks back, I was spotting in overseas. I suspected I am pregnant but nt cfm cos I hv nt seen her then. I called to the clinic and spoke to Zul, instead like KK or other places (They will tell you to come dw la, We cannot tell what yr problems etc...) Zul actually advise what to do and assure me that should be alrite with lots of rest. She even mamange to squeeze my apt time to a earlier timing for me.

The waiting time is nt so long. The worst case was an hr cos she nt in the clinic and was in the delivery ward. (Unforseen, so can't help) Nt like KK can be there for 4-5hrs without telling you where the doc are.

2 years ago, after giving birth in 4 bedded rm, I really enjoy my stay. Nurses are so kind and helpful.

After giving birth, I had teething problem on taking care my boy, I call them up and they even assisted me.

I must say even the children clinic's nurse are willing to help to answer yr queries if they can too.

Tumbs up for their good service, I must say.

The only thing I don't like the cost, EX hor!... And also their epduiral doc is nt from the hospital $300.00, so got to call them in advance eitherwise you hv to wait an hr in pain.(Which happen to me)

<font color="aa00aa">hi, been a while since i checked back tis thread. jus wan to say tat i had since delivered my ger in mid-may wif dr lee (of cos) as my gynae. i can cnf tat dr lee doesnt practice in KKH nor Mt A anymore. cos i was checking wif her months back before my delivery if she can deliver at Mt A or not but she told me she oni practices in RH.

yes, agreed wif les petite, Zul is very good, so is Amy as well. i always call them Dr Lee's left &amp; rite hand women! LOL!

overall, my bill came up to $6K+ (emergency c-sec) for 4D3N stay in single ward for myself &amp; hb &amp; wif my bb ger in nursery for 4D. the ward nurses &amp; LC are fantantic as well. for my 2nd bb couple of yrs down the road, i will still head back to Dr Lee (i hope she still be in practice still). She is reai good! the oni downside is tat the px is kinda of on the high end. but i feel tat it is worth it cos i dun feel a single stitch of pain from my wound the very next day &amp; can start walking abt + the entire stay was reai very comfory. my bb's PD is Dr MC Tan from the bb's clinic. equally good PD as well.

thumbs up for RH &amp; their staff!</font>

i oso think Dr Lee is very good, just had my 3rd boy delivered by her in Aug. All my 3 boys are delivered by her by c-sec &amp; throughout the recovery, i dun feel any pain at all. Able to get out of bed by 2nd day and start walking and i stopped taking pain killers once i'm back home. My 3 boys aso seeing Dr MC Tan, he's a nice and friendly doctor &amp; always gives discounts for his consultation fees

I delivered my twin boys with Dr. Lee July 08, she is fantastic! She is able to remember everything you tell her and often brings it up in conversation. I named the twins before their birth and during my last few scans she would refer to them by name. Made it so personal. A very good, caring Dr with lots of time for her patients. Would totally recommend her!

I am with Dr Lee as well after several very good reviews from people in the medical field as well as friends who have had bb under her care.

Two thumbs up!

I am with Dr Lee for this pregnancy too. She's recommended by my friend who used to work with her in the operation theatre. She's full of compliments about Dr Lee's stitching work and meticulous nature.

From what I see, Dr Lee is someone with 'a heart' for her patients. She is patient-centred, takes care of both the physical and psycho-emotional aspects and never fails to follow up with her patients on their concerns.

All in all, I'm all thumbs up for her and will highly recommend her to friends who are considering a gynae/obstetrician.

Hi, was wondering if any mummies had Dr Lee as a gynae recently? My sis is considering Dr Lee for her 1st baby, but found out that Dr Lee does not offer delivery packages, only ala carte. So was wondering if any1 can share how much this could add up to? I heard that packages, esp RH gynaes are typically around $2500. Thanks!

Hmm, no doubt that Dr Lee is a wonderful doctor!
But I see someone deliverying at Raffles with emergency C-sec and the bill was 6K?? My final bill came more than 10K!! I'm a PR, so is that why the difference??
I would love to go back to her, but does anyone know whether she gives discounts for 2nd preggies? The bill was just a bomb! I see from other docs in other hospitals does...

Hi my sister recommend me to her.
She said Dr Lee is expert in C sect and her
stitching was gd as there is no scar mark at all
My sis with Dr from 1st to her 5th child.

Here i am, need your help when are we are to decide
To take that particular Dr? Can we go different Dr for check up and later decide one for continuation follow up till delivery?
Dr Lee is too expensive. I cant afford the fees.

Back