Dr HO from Mt Alvernia

Yup I agree with ClaireMummy(sherl) about Dr Ho. I actually wanted to delay my birth but he did not want to take any risk. Frightened me off saying its not good for baby and that I was putting my bb at risk if I wish to wait after week 42 to deliver. His style is he doesn't wait beyond the EDD date. Well i thought can wait to the max of 42 weeks according to the books I read and I was thinking that my bb might be too comfy inside, did not want to come out so might as well let my bb stay inside to the maximum lor.

clairemummy,
yr bb so cute, can even tell that u r going to do CTG .hehe

clovy,
i only wanna delay edd by 3 or 4 days only. hopefully can "tong" if not no choice la

clovy/littletwinstars,

As we all know by now, Dr Ho is zero risk doc... wakakaakakakkakaka. YEah, that time he told me that he will not let me go beyond EDD because I had spotting during 1st tri, so there is a risk that the placenta will not hold up.

littletwinstars,
I think they can feel the 'things' bah. For the ultrasound I think they can hear it, and for the CTG it has to be strapped close to them, if not cannot detect the heartbeat.
happy.gif

YA..he's zero-risk...I've high blood now so he told me will be definately earlier than EDD..so now he's monitoring me CLOSELY..

clairemummy,

yeah, mon going to see my baby again. my baby seems to love to sleep nowadays and he'll be very angry if he's awaken by ultrasound scan or if i wake up too early. baby will kick. other than that no kicks at all...
think baby follow after my hubby , hohohoho

little twin stars (stardiva), you better watch out. Din the nurse tell you to monitor bb's movement daily? 1 day must have dunno how many kicks if less than the stated count, gotta see Dr 0-risk liao. How many weeks pregnant are you now?

I was induced on that day. Luckily the labour was still okie. I was @ the delivery suite ard noon, started the induction, delivered ard 10pm but was on epi all the way so no pain My delivery was vacuum wif epi.

hi little twin stars,
I no drink coke... Had Mac's big breakfast b4 going for my appt. Think my boy too full already. Trying to come out earlier to work off the junk food I ate over the past 9 mths... hahaha

hello gals...
i chanced upon this thread.... im not preggy yet.. but seeing Dr Foong at GE... i have one frd baby delivered by Dr Ho... says his stitching is excellent.. no pain at all... i also considering Dr Ho also... but hearing that he is so serious... and would sometimes "scold" patients..i scare scare... Dr Foong on the other hand..very easy and humerous... would spend some time talking to his patient... i wonder Dr Foong is it not as experienced as Dr Ho????

clovy,
my bb very young only...coming 18wks ,keke now got kick already very gd ,hehe

freshpoison77,
i like the fact that dr ho is known as a "painless" dr
happy.gif
so at least if this one goes smoothly i may consider having no.2 if not. close shop lo. u eat alot of junk? me too! kena scolding from my friend. she said junk food causes premature labour n low birth weight of baby cos hers was like that after eating junk n soft drinks. i ate 2 big packets of nachoes n my weight sudd increase alot this wk!
sad.gif

ask u guys,
if i lost 2.5kg in first tri. now gain back tt weight plus 1kg....does it mean i gain 3.5kg?

mycroft (mycroft): Seems like nobody replies you. BUt I think its obvious cos most of us have only 1-2 kids. Since we pick Mr Ho, naturally we did not have much experience with other gynae. Usually as a pregnant lady, we dun really pick and choose so many gynae, make ourselves headache. Just take one that is good reliable one that you trust then when you have subsequent baby you will sure to go back to the same gynae. Why take the risk and take other gynae and start all over again to build rapport and trust? But to answer your qs, maybe you would like to check with the nurse at Mt. A, I'm sure they will provide a list of gynae in Mt. A for you. Ask whatever qs you have to them, maybe they will have the answer for you. =)

little_twin_stars(stardiva), chim qs I dunno leh. Ask Dr and let us know. Why do you lose weight in your first trimester? Is it common?

babe79 de mousie (babe79): Dr Ho is ok. Maybe sometimes we exaggerated abt him being fierce. As nobody is perfect in this world but I would give him an overall 9.9/10 excellent doctor! This thread talks abt Dr Ho. Whoever have experience with Dr Ho would come and share talk abt him. So I dunno whether Dr Foong is not as experience as Dr Ho or not. Most imptly is you are comfortable with which gynae lor. The choice is yours. Happy choosing! =)

actually he nv ask me abt my weight gain leh..only the nurse will say..aiyo..nv gain weight ah...haha.so long bb got gain weight can liao.
better to avoid junk food,caffinated drinks..very bad for health n bb.

Agree with clovy. Maybe we did exaggerate abit..hahaha...he can be a jovial fella too la. He was actually recommended by my mom's doc fren. He has a clinic out of Mt Alvernia, and I wanted a Mt Alvernia gynae, so he gave me 2 names but prioritied Dr Ho over the other name (can't remember who liao).

Dr Ho knows what he is doing, and he is good with stitching. So especially good for those who are going for C-section I guess.

mifi, yah, it's the nurses. I always get stressed when I have to report my weight. forever not enough one. a little of junk food is probably ok, but do remember your supplements!
happy.gif

yar mifi (mifi), that is true too. In fact do you know that the machine that Dr has can actually measure the est. weight of the foetus! I always asked him whether bb is gaining weight..

Oh one more thing to share. During my pregnancy (after past 4 months), I got my mom to make cordyceps soup for me. You can slow cook with chicken, and I drank it once a month. Just cordyceps, don't add ginseng. It's really good for bb's lungs development. This was highly recommended by my friend, and I never regretted the choice cos my gal's lungs are whoo-hoo!
happy.gif
Eh, this I didn't 'clear' with doctor Ho la cos I saw it tested on friend, and I know Dr Ho will go: no proven benefits ;) Oh, I also got my mom to confirm with her chinese sinseh that it's ok for preggie women to drink.

Hi clovy,
I know his machine can est weight of bb..norm i dun ask him alot of questions leh..he nv say anything ,i take it as everything ok..hee hee..
when he not v bz he will still joke la..

Princess m,
I taking chorella sorokiniana (forgot exact spelling) on top of the supplements he prescribed n is perfectly alrite for preggies to take.i m v kiasu hor?hehe...

clovy,mifi
the nurse did say it's common to loose weight in the first tri due to lack of app n ms. the last time i weigh, i told her gain already, then she told me by now still don;t gain "jia lut" but hor this morn, i lost 1.1kg overnight! i usually weight first thing in the morn. mayb i forgo junk food n can drinks this few days.......make so much diff wo

now i'm taking extra iron frm the nurse as i shiver often in ac. can't stand popping so many pills but no choice lor

princessm,
now cordecepts price increase by 3x lei! i never buy but mayb next mth than start as i'm taking black chicken essence n birdness once a wk liao. scared nose bleed ,hahaha

Hi little twin stars,
Yah, I'm a fast food junkie... I started @ 55kg, was 75kg on the day of my delivery. You do the math... (My boy was only 2.7kg when he came out) now I'm still hovering ard 58-59kg... so sad.

little twin stars,

yah the prices have increased by leaps and bounds! try hock hua..sometimes got good discounts like buy 2 get 1 free
happy.gif

freshpoison77,
still slim la, no worries. i gained alot of weight since marriage. now still haven loose. i even wanted to go liposuction but scared la. now i'll try to loose as much after delivery lor

princessm,
thanks! my birdnest is from there, maybe will check it out next mth

Hi,

Just wanted to share that Dr Ho delivered my baby recently. I delivered my baby boy via natural delivery (with assisted vacuum). The baby was 3.7kg and head was 35.5cm. Labour was abt 3 hrs, delivery took about 15 mins.

Dr Ho stitches very well (and he works very fast too!) I was able to move around slowly for the first 4 days after delivering and was on painkillers. Stitches felt tight initially but one week after delivering, I am able to walk and sit/ stand as per normal. Don't feel the pain from the stitches anymore.

One thing to note: it's important to keep the stitches clean and use the wound wash solution to prevent infections. If you do it diligently, the stitches will heal very quickly.

If I was going to have another baby, I would go back to Dr Ho.

Hi all
I'm also under Dr Ho's care when I gave birth to my boy last oct. =) Under go induced labour as my weight decreased during my 38th week. WEnt thru labour n delivered naturalw/o epi. Stitches done fast n heal so well (even the therapist who did my Brazilian say can't see the scar at all!).. that I was able to walk slowly the next day. No complaints about him. Totally pro n calm. Can trust him 100%. Guess it's his immense experience bah... I'll definitly go back to him when I'm having my no2. =) Hoping for a 2009 bb. ;p

btw his nurses I called them the "3 musketeers"... =)

Hi versailes (versailes), Dr Ho's clinic has very good stretchmark cream not as expensive as those branded like Clarin. Don't ask me the price cos I forgotten already I think shd be ard $30? Check it out if you are Dr Ho's clinic patient.

Hi Lavender_lover, why do you call them the 3 masketeer? Know their names? I am interested to know cos always get to see the 3 of them. Guess they are very senior in the clinic already.

clovy
can't rem all their 3 names...hee...know one of them is Susan. 3 musketeers cos everytime u'll see 3 of them together one. I rem once they were sort of chit chat wif me while taking blood pressure, one of them mentioned that they can't take MC cos if take MC, clinic can't run liao n if any of them is on MC, will feel bad of the other 2 cos the clinic is always so so busy... u know what i mean..hee.
happy.gif

my bb was delivered by Dr Ho as well a week ago.He stiches the wound like sewing clothes..kekeke...i m able to walk soon after delivery..
3 musketeers names are Susan,Su Fen,Sherin (dunno if spelling correct anot) now got 1 more p/t nurse helping out,call amy..

oic...Thanks mifi!! Always get their names mixed up esp Susan and Su Fen.

Su Fen must be the one whose hair all tied up in a pony tail. She likes to call me by my dialect name even though I have an English name.
Sherin sould be the one who is always assisting Dr Ho then the other one must be Susan together with Su Fen at the reception desk.. Almost a year since I visited them liao..

Hahahaa...hopefully I get pregnant soon and then I will see them and chit chat!!

Hi all,

went back for annual checkup recently and today and Dr Ho is like so much friendlier now! I even msged my hubby and tell him must buy 4D. LOL.

The nurses still like old friends.
happy.gif

dear all,

anyone know the working hours for Dr Ho's clinic. Is it possible to get an appointment on saturday?

thank you.

working hrs 830-5pm..i think so..
wed n fri no afternoon clinic.
sat appt difficult to get for 1st appt..sat r often pack

Im expecting my no 4 nw. I've been thru 3 pregnancies, 3 miscarriages with Dr Ho since 1999 and nt to mention abt the yearly PAP smear tests. Basically i get to see him every year!! Told him i've gt phobia seeing him, see until "scared"!! When I went back to him coz of bb no4, he can repeat my remarks...guagua.. well, told him "scared..bt bohbian leh", haha..

Current charges of Dr Ho is approx S$130+ inclusive of consultation, scan, test sticks,GST.(exclusive of any medications, vitamins)

The 3 musketeers take turns to assist Dr Ho rite?? hmm..I tot so...

open half day on saturday. if really muz get an appointment on saturday, can let the ladies know so tat if any patient cancel their appointment, they will let u haf tat time slot.

wow girlygirly (eigna33), hopefully this 4th pregnancy is a smooth one for you and no miscarriage! God bless you and may your wish to have a baby come true..

hello all mummies.. wanna check with you if Dr Ho is a very empathetic doctor? like if you dun feel well, will he issue you MC to rest at home or will he just dismiss you off with some excuses? is he a very strict doctor with no nonsense kind?

im in week 7 today only, have yet to confirm a gynae, though i did go to another gynae for confirmation already...

My opinion is I think he is one who will issue you MC and also a no nonsense kind..I think he is good professionally but I think his charges is too steep. I understand that his fees has increased. Dun think I will go to him for my 2nd one. After all I used to go KKH before I go to him for my 1st gal. I am sure there are good and empathetic doctors who don't have to charge at an exorbitant fee.

Thumbs up for Dr Ho... will definately go back to him if i'm pregnant again
happy.gif

He's strict and careful and do his best to calm anxious mummies to be....

Hi BlurryTing

Dr Ho's contact as follows:

HK Ho Women & Fertility Clinic
#02-06/07 Mt Alvernia Medical Centre
820 Thomson Road
Singapore 574623
Tel: 63538833
Emergency: 65358833

Its nearby Macritchie Reservoir

Ladies,
I think Dr Ho is very Pro. Never forget the moment he walk into my delivery ward when I was about to give birth. He jus gave me the confidence.
Will go back for my 2nd prenancy through his charges is steep. Sometimes its not the money but the confidence he give you throughout the prenancy.

Ladies

Wanna share my experience too.. 3 pregnancies but only 1 success.

No.1 was an ectopic pregnancy.. i still rem very well.. the night before i see dr ho, i was spotting quite heavily & had waist & shoulder pain. Went to my gyne from thomson who is operating a night clinic at woodlands.. he scan.. then said cant see anything.. monitor first, take blood test to confirm pregnancy. Wat is this when i visit him before when i first tested positive. Then i asked him why is it that i am in pain.. he said maybe i have strain myself at work.. fine.. so i went home. The pain was very very bad.. i cant sleep at all & the spotting is not reducing. My sis who had her baby delivered by Dr Ho insist i shld visit him & not wait anymore.. she made appt for me. After listening to my condition, he told him it should be ectopic pregnancy & that i shld trust him. Before that, he request me to call up my the clinic i went last nite to confirm the blood test result.

I was crying becoz the year before i went for laprosocopy to remove cysts & fibroid & 1yr later, it was not a normal pregnancy & i had to remove it via laprosocopy again ! imagine the heartache & $$ stress coz 1 surgery cost $6k plus !!

I asked if the surgery can be delay & let me do it at KK. He said he can write me a referral letter but i have to go KK immediately.. anyway, i decided to let him perform he surgery for me & he was very very nice, gave me a small discount. Maybe i was crying infront of him haha

No.2 delivered sucessfully.. I was also spotting. Dr Ho is a super kiasu doc if u ask my but i love him for that.. haha Erm.. he has requested me to take Jab twice a week if i rem correctly.. which i find it troublesome, then he gave me another option to insert med.. anyway to cut the story short, my ger was born. His stitches was very well done. i can get down bed & started walking after few hr of rest.. The nurses at the ward was commenting that i do not look like someone who has just delivered coz i was walking up & down the ward to see my ger

No.3 was ended up as miscarriage. Sac was very small when i first vist Dr Ho. He request me to visit him twice a month because he was concern over the size.. Almost towards the end of my 1st tri on my visit to him.. he has to break the news to me that there was no heartbeat & the sac size shrink.. As usual, we would ask how sure he was and his reply was the same.. very sure. He did gave an option if we would like to seek 2nd opinion or wait for another visit before we decide if we want to remove.. We trust him thus the procedure was perform on the same day.

If u ask will i be going back to him again, the ans is YES !! no doubt he is kiasu, high charges but i still love him for giving me the confidence & assurance for feeling safe with him. Only thing i dun no quite like is he will visit you at ward before your discharge & these cost $$ heez.. not sure if other gyne does it too though...

Back