Dr HK Hon Mt A

I'm not a mother to be but I just wanted to share my experience with Dr HK Ho and his clinic, Ho HK Women and Fertility clinic at Mt A.

I went to him as i had been spotting on and off for a few mths. Dr. Ho did a pap smear for me and id a scan of my ovaries. He told me that I had pcos because of the 'bubbles' in my ovaries and that because of my uterine lining, I was predisposed to diabetes and cancer. He also noted a cyst in my right ovary and said that pcos meant that I wasn't ovulating. I had never heard of pcos and was shocked. I told him that my period was regular and i could even track my fertile discharge but he said that "discharge doesnt mean anything". He then advised that i go for a D&C procedure just to ascertain no malignancy.

I went home terribly upset and spent the next week in a state of panic and despair. One thing that puzzled me was how Dr Ho had not made me take a blood test and how he cld determine so quickly that i had pcos especially when I didn't display any physical manifestations of pcos.

A few days before the procedure, i went back for a pre-procedure briefing. He told me that a few days after my procedure, he was going to be overseas for 2 months, which was different from the original duration of 2 weeks. I was concerned as I wanted to begin my fertility treatments asap and his being away meant further delay. When I tried to clarify what sort of treatments would be available, he dismissed my qn with a 'let's just do the d&c first. After that it will be pills.but we will talk abt that after the d&c.'

In a twist of fate, I had to postpone the procedure. When I asked for a copy of all my reports, the receptionist was very unhelpful, saying that the doc himself was going for a surgery and so "Dr Ho won't be able to help you". I insisted and she begrudgingly said that I could collect the scans of my ovaries. On the day of the collection, another receptionist there cldnt find my reports and that there was nothing she cld do. She just stared blankly at me and offered no solutions. Half an hour later, after I'd left the clinic feeling harassed and upset, she called me up saying that she had finally recalled where it was.

Armed w my scans, I met the new gynae who told me that I had polyps and was unlikely to have pcos as my period was regular and I did not display the typical physical traits. Furthermore the cyst that he had said I had was actually not a cyst at all. She called for blood work to be done and that I was also unlikely to be predisposed to cancer as my periods were regular. All these tallied w my research on pcos. The blood test confirmed her words and I do. not. have. pcos.

I'm writing this because I cannot fathom how a doctor with so many years of experience can tell a patient unequivocally what condition she has, without ensuring that all tests have first been done. Note that it wasn't a 'perhaps you have pcos' but a definite 'you have pcos'. How irresponsible! The cyst wasn't even a cyst and the so called string of pearls were polyps. The thickened lining was due to polyps underneath. How ludicrous! He really caused me much undue grief and the cavalier manner in which his Receptionists handled the situation didn't help too.

Perhaps he was once a good doc, or perhaps he is good w stitching, as online forums seem to suggest. But this experience with a reckless diagnosis not based on the full array of tests really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Horrendous and unnecessarily emotional.

Hi ladies, anyone of your ever had endometrial polyps removal in private hospital singapore? Can share ur experience and the bill cost?

Hi Ane.sve! I was under Dr. Jasmine Mohd (she is also at Mt. E on some days) and I had my polyps removed, under a D&C (also to check for malignancy). The total bill was about $8000 for the procedure (8 hr stay). Covered by insurance though, thankfully!

A week! But I went back to the work the next day. The GA didn't really affect me and I didn't feel any pain or discomfort immediately following the procedure, so back to normal.

Did you get it remove before your menses or after you menses? Cause my appt is next week, 3 days before my next period. I'm not sure if they will remove it next week or they will schedule another appt.. how's long is the surgery?

Hi ladies, anyone of your ever had endometrial polyps removal in private hospital singapore? Can share ur experience and the bill cost?
Hi Ane,

I have done mine at kkh ~ subsidies. Is just a day surgery. I was given 5 days on hospitalisation leave to rest at home.

Hi izzy.

How many appt you go before getting your polyps removed cause i hear govt clinic will take sometime

Hi izzy.

How many appt you go before getting your polyps removed cause i hear govt clinic will take sometime

Hi Ane,
My polyps stay with me for more than 5yrs. Did not went for removal cos I am afraid of operation, till I decide to conceive. Mine is subsidies clinic so my appt for e opt took abt 1mth plus. My friend who also done her opt at kkh as a private patient took 1 or 2 weeks to schedule for the opt. Are u going for the opt soonz?

Hi Ane,
My polyps stay with me for more than 5yrs. Did not went for removal cos I am afraid of operation, till I decide to conceive. Mine is subsidies clinic so my appt for e opt took abt 1mth plus. My friend who also done her opt at kkh as a private patient took 1 or 2 weeks to schedule for the opt. Are u going for the opt soonz?
To add on, the surgery is pretty fast, it took about 1 to 2 hrs.. due to the prep n after opt observations I spend about half a day at e day surgery clinic. Suggest to do e opt early morning. So u can discharge in the afternoon. Understand from kkh if the flow is not heavy they can still proceed with the opt. Most impt u must b healthy on the day of the opt.

Are you able to concieve after the surgery?
Yes my gyne advice me to get it remove as it may cause infertility.

I'm not a mother to be but I just wanted to share my experience with Dr HK Ho and his clinic, Ho HK Women and Fertility clinic at Mt A.

I went to him as i had been spotting on and off for a few mths. Dr. Ho did a pap smear for me and id a scan of my ovaries. He told me that I had pcos because of the 'bubbles' in my ovaries and that because of my uterine lining, I was predisposed to diabetes and cancer. He also noted a cyst in my right ovary and said that pcos meant that I wasn't ovulating. I had never heard of pcos and was shocked. I told him that my period was regular and i could even track my fertile discharge but he said that "discharge doesnt mean anything". He then advised that i go for a D&C procedure just to ascertain no malignancy.

I went home terribly upset and spent the next week in a state of panic and despair. One thing that puzzled me was how Dr Ho had not made me take a blood test and how he cld determine so quickly that i had pcos especially when I didn't display any physical manifestations of pcos.

A few days before the procedure, i went back for a pre-procedure briefing. He told me that a few days after my procedure, he was going to be overseas for 2 months, which was different from the original duration of 2 weeks. I was concerned as I wanted to begin my fertility treatments asap and his being away meant further delay. When I tried to clarify what sort of treatments would be available, he dismissed my qn with a 'let's just do the d&c first. After that it will be pills.but we will talk abt that after the d&c.'

In a twist of fate, I had to postpone the procedure. When I asked for a copy of all my reports, the receptionist was very unhelpful, saying that the doc himself was going for a surgery and so "Dr Ho won't be able to help you". I insisted and she begrudgingly said that I could collect the scans of my ovaries. On the day of the collection, another receptionist there cldnt find my reports and that there was nothing she cld do. She just stared blankly at me and offered no solutions. Half an hour later, after I'd left the clinic feeling harassed and upset, she called me up saying that she had finally recalled where it was.

Armed w my scans, I met the new gynae who told me that I had polyps and was unlikely to have pcos as my period was regular and I did not display the typical physical traits. Furthermore the cyst that he had said I had was actually not a cyst at all. She called for blood work to be done and that I was also unlikely to be predisposed to cancer as my periods were regular. All these tallied w my research on pcos. The blood test confirmed her words and I do. not. have. pcos.

I'm writing this because I cannot fathom how a doctor with so many years of experience can tell a patient unequivocally what condition she has, without ensuring that all tests have first been done. Note that it wasn't a 'perhaps you have pcos' but a definite 'you have pcos'. How irresponsible! The cyst wasn't even a cyst and the so called string of pearls were polyps. The thickened lining was due to polyps underneath. How ludicrous! He really caused me much undue grief and the cavalier manner in which his Receptionists handled the situation didn't help too.

Perhaps he was once a good doc, or perhaps he is good w stitching, as online forums seem to suggest. But this experience with a reckless diagnosis not based on the full array of tests really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Horrendous and unnecessarily emotional.

Sorry to hear about your experience! What a torment! I changed gynae too... dr ho had asked me to do twice a week jabs on top of the pills.. it has become tiring and costly.. my new gynae hear my condition n tell me it isn't serious at all, why take jabs and some hospitals already confirmed the jabs are not effective.

Are you able to concieve after the surgery?
Yes my gyne advice me to get it remove as it may cause infertility.
Yes I am pregnant after 6mths. :) Currently I am 34 weeks pregnant. U can pm me, don't mind to share with you more about it.

Back