Dr Chua TM from NUH, any review?

Pcosmummy

Hello! Any review about Dr Chua TM from NUH?
I wanted to book Dr Citra, however she is fully booked till December, the nurse recommended Dr Chua. I tried to find some reviews but all of the reviews was dated in 2016.

would appreciate if you could share your experience to a first time mummy here.

Thank you! :)

Let's share my recent experience

this is my 2nd baby, I was recommended by my friend to visit Dr Su lin lin in NUH, but unfortunately her fully appointment until June (but by the time i will be on 20 wks+ which is too long for me), NUH customer service was advised me to see Dr Chua first and if I want i can transfer to Dr Su in June. so i make appointment with Dr Chua in Apr and Dr Su in June. My plan as I may stick with Dr Chua if everything okie.

During my 1st visit with Dr Chua, the 1st question she asked me was "you have appointment with Dr Su? then why you are here?" she direct asked me such question once i stepped in the room (im not even managed to seat down ) and the way she asked this question quite rude it make me unhappy, so i just reply because she was fully appointment until June and i was recommended by NUH customer service to visit you first.

okie while the consultation she speak very fast and seems patient-less. after fast talking less than 2mins we go for scan (it was my 11 wks) but unfortunately i was informed baby stopped growing and stopped heartbeat. it make me so sad (but this is not related to Dr Chua, but she make me really unhappy after that)

I wait the scanning e assignment about half hours then back her room to see Dr Chua after that.

She told me "as report, your pregnancy not successful", thats all..(yes, without explain or advise next action to take).. then i have no choice to ask her, then what should we do now (i means she should advise me next course of action not wait we ask her right).. Okie she replied, oh you can choose to use Abortion surgery or medical abortion without explain the differences. so, we have no choice to ask her what is the differences between these 2 and what is the risk for both 2 and based on her experience which one she would recommended.

But she didnt answered our questions at all, she just say for medical abortion there is 10-15% chance unsuccessful then we have to back for surgery. then she asked the nurse pass 2 paper for us read on the difference and risk without explain and sharing her experience. okie i trying to read by myself but she told me she rush for next appointment and ask us go back to decide and any questions we can ask the nurse outside her room, so again we have no choice to kick out from her room.

Her nurse was friendly and helpful if compare to Dr Chua, and I get knows from her that she also Dr Su lin lin's Nurse as well. she did explained the risk and the point we need take note and also the charges between Abortion surgery or medical abortion.

Frankly speaking, we paid Dr Chua senior consultant fee but end up most information and advise were provided by nurse. and as a lady gynae, she should know how our feeling after getting knows such bad news and she not even to give any advise, so what meaning of we go for senior consultant...

Generally speaking, based on my experience above, I do not recommend the first time mummy to visit her. Because new book mothers usually need more patience to explain all their queries, so that they can feel at ease and comfortable.
( but im not sure the poor attitude is because she knew i have appointment with Dr Su Lin Lin later on or not, so you may have different experience if happens to seen her)

Thank you to read my long story and wish you enjoy the healthy and beautiful pregnancy journey

Back