Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC

My edd is 14sep. Despite the increase, I think it's still reasonable compared to some other gynaes.
Most importantly is the chemistry btw you and your gynae la.

How about you gamma mama?
Do you all know Dr Tham's delivery fee for natural?
Ya abt 1.6k iirc but depends on circumstances e.g. need vacuum.
I rly like him! I had my 3 mth post partum review last wk so...wont be seeimg him so soon....

Paiseh for my time , normal v delivery is from 1.3k assisted is from 1.6k

I didmt get cl...popped on feb 1. Rates super ex plus I camt stand tt comfinement crap

Does Dr Tham gives MC for the last 1-2 weeks before delivery or we need to start ML if we want to rest?
I think u need to start ml...This is my understanding when I read other forums . u may wish to clarify cos I worked all the way till d day

I think u need to start ml...This is my understanding when I read other forums . u may wish to clarify cos I worked all the way till d day

Thanks gamma mummy!

I intend to take a rest from 2 weeks before edd. Cos 16 weeks ML will end in mid dec. I will also clear childcare leave so that I'll be back at work in Jan.

Have heard of some mummies asking for HL from gynae. It doesn't sound like a very nice idea to me.

But for you to work till d day, u are so brave!!

Thanks gamma mummy!

I intend to take a rest from 2 weeks before edd. Cos 16 weeks ML will end in mid dec. I will also clear childcare leave so that I'll be back at work in Jan.

Have heard of some mummies asking for HL from gynae. It doesn't sound like a very nice idea to me.

But for you to work till d day, u are so brave!!
what I saw was tje mummies asked for hl b4 popping the gynae turned them down , asking them to take ml instead.

Thank you! Supplements expensive?
By the way, where does he practice?
Only at tmc?
He is based in thomson...younwould have to pay more if u deliver else where

I found the obimin (multi vit) much cheaper in online pharmacy. They also add gst to the product...which is alr inclusive when i buy outside

so glad to see this Ben Tham forum ;) any mummy here can advise if bb head is down but not yet engaged, usually what dr tham will suggest? baby oledi 39 week. last week check up, dr tham still din suggest anything cos he say baby still enjoying inside. So, this sat doc arrange do a CTG test 1st and only go back to his clinic and see him.
I am small size, actually I did ask Dr is it really ok for me go for natural, he say as long ur height above 150cm can try, I am quite worried haha..
besides, anyone encounter induce not success and go for c section, what will be the charges roughly. need some mental preparation TMC charges can cost a bomb as well.
Hope to hear from some mummy advise, thanks in advance! :)

so glad to see this Ben Tham forum ;) any mummy here can advise if bb head is down but not yet engaged, usually what dr tham will suggest? baby oledi 39 week. last week check up, dr tham still din suggest anything cos he say baby still enjoying inside. So, this sat doc arrange do a CTG test 1st and only go back to his clinic and see him.
I am small size, actually I did ask Dr is it really ok for me go for natural, he say as long ur height above 150cm can try, I am quite worried haha..
besides, anyone encounter induce not success and go for c section, what will be the charges roughly. need some mental preparation TMC charges can cost a bomb as well.
Usually he won't suggest anything if baby is ok. He prefers to let nature take its own course. Both my kids were not engaged at the delivery. My first was by induced. 17hrs of labour and still natural delivery with vacuum assist. 2nd child less than 5hrs after water bag leaking. For my first, he did not once suggest emergency csect thoughtout the 17hrs cos he said baby heartbeat is still strong and regular. U are in safe hands!

thanks mummy friends78. ya, dr tham really cool and steady type and can feel he is natural pro. think as a 1st time mummy, I am the 1 more kan chiong and worried more. may I know how many week you go for induced? is it dripping kind of insert kind? last week he know I was in a uncomfort zone due to pain here and there, he then ask me if I wan to do a dilation check and I ask him to decide if I need to, he say nope cos not engage, wait 1st.

I
thanks mummy friends78. ya, dr tham really cool and steady type and can feel he is natural pro. think as a 1st time mummy, I am the 1 more kan chiong and worried more. may I know how many week you go for induced? is it dripping kind of insert kind? last week he know I was in a uncomfort zone due to pain here and there, he then ask me if I wan to do a dilation check and I ask him to decide if I need to, he say nope cos not engage, wait 1st.
I induced at 39 weeks 4days. Insert pills type.

Don't worry Purplerainbow! U r in total safe hands of Dr Ben. Yup, he's very pro natural.

I was induced at 40weeks + 1 day. & never once did he mentioned to check for dilation/induce earlier. Only on that very day. Haha..
Went for CTG twice somemore!

I was actually already 3cm dilated when he checked me. Induced thru drip kind...shortly after he came to burst my waterbag... :)

Don't worry Purplerainbow! U r in total safe hands of Dr Ben. Yup, he's very pro natural.

I was induced at 40weeks + 1 day. & never once did he mentioned to check for dilation/induce earlier. Only on that very day. Haha..
Went for CTG twice somemore!

I was actually already 3cm dilated when he checked me. Induced thru drip kind...shortly after he came to burst my waterbag... :)

Thanks Xp. Give me confidence again :) Wed is my due date already, instruct to do a 2nd time CTG again. pray everything going on smoothly ya

Thank you! Supplements expensive?
By the way, where does he practice?
Only at tmc?

Hi! i! I'm a first time mummy under Dr Tham. Currently 19 weeks. I bought some supplements from the clinic at my last visit cost approx. total $61 for Calcium, Obimin multi vitamins and fish oil.

Hi 11 consultations plus the urine test ultrasound we did each visit
Basically only pay for supplements

C sect i read that he is good from online posts
I need to add...the consulation in the package doesnt include emergency case .eg bleeding u need to see him...need to pay additional consulation even see him during his office hour.
I see him for my 1st baby.pay few times extra.
In the end my consulation still left alot after i give birth cos mine premature baby.

I don't think his website works anymore. Perhaps u can call up the clinic & ask the nurse to ask him yr qns... they will get back to you one..

I am expecting 18 weeks with my 2nd child. Any idea how much he charge for c sect? I need a gynae urgently. DId he charge extra for Mount E Novena?

Hi everyone, I'm also seeing benjamin Tham. Just to check, he gave me options for week 12 scan but suggest that I take up the most expensive one i.e. Panorama, pre eclampsia, Nt scan and 20 week scan. I wonder if it's really necessary. Anyone taking the same?

I am expecting 18 weeks with my 2nd child. Any idea how much he charge for c sect? I need a gynae urgently. Did he charge extra for Mount E Novena?
His nurse told me he no longer delivers at mount e novena, only at TMC now. I was also looking at mount e novena but was told that.

Hi everyone, I'm also seeing benjamin Tham. Just to check, he gave me options for week 12 scan but suggest that I take up the most expensive one i.e. Panorama, pre eclampsia, Nt scan and 20 week scan. I wonder if it's really necessary. Anyone taking the same?
Hi i was under him too but he did not specifically tell me which option to choose so i did harmony. I did not see panorama in the option. How old r you?

Hi i was under him too but he did not specifically tell me which option to choose so i did harmony. I did not see panorama in the option. How old r you?
Panorama is the new harmony. He didn't tell me which one to go for but he suggested panorama given its accuracy.

His nurse told me he no longer delivers at mount e novena, only at TMC now. I was also looking at mount e novena but was told that.
Oh. I considering Mt E or MT A. I was quite piss with my previous stay at Thomson. My newborn was brought back home with some remaining poo on his butt. The nurse didn't clean it properly. :(

Panorama is the new harmony. He didn't tell me which one to go for but he suggested panorama given its accuracy.

Yea,

Panorama is pretty much the same as Harmony, which is non-invasive and pretty accurate in determining DS, Trisome 13, 18, 21 anomalies.

For low risk moms (<30 yrs old) the OSCAR would be sufficient - although it does result in occasional false positives.

Hi, anybody knows how much is the pre-natal package charged by Dr Tham?

Just curious if he is really very good? I read some comments elsewhere that he will not see you if you have already seen other gynae to confirm the pregnancy etc? Anyone can confirm this?

Just curious if he is really very good? I read some comments elsewhere that he will not see you if you have already seen other gynae to confirm the pregnancy etc? Anyone can confirm this?

Hi his package is 800 from week 12. 11 consultations. Includes urine test and ultrasound

He is pro natural. Doesnt like csect. Because he is busy i dun dare to ask much. I can only say he is experienced.

Not sure abt whether he takes patient who switch gynae.

I found out about the pregnancy and went to a gynae to do the first scan to ensure everything is ok first... Is this considered a switch in gynae? Haha...

I found out about the pregnancy and went to a gynae to do the first scan to ensure everything is ok first... Is this considered a switch in gynae? Haha...
Depending on gestational age I think u can get away w/o disclosing it

Hi mummies,

I am with Dr Tham and last week he suddenly mentioned he is no longer doing VBAC. Any mummies encounter this? I chose him because I heard he is good at it now not sure if should switch gynae.

Hi mummies,

I am with Dr Tham and last week he suddenly mentioned he is no longer doing VBAC. Any mummies encounter this? I chose him because I heard he is good at it now not sure if should switch gynae.
Eh...u sure u want natural birth? I went thru 22 hours of it...wound recovered 2.5mths later...:(

Just curious if he is really very good? I read some comments elsewhere that he will not see you if you have already seen other gynae to confirm the pregnancy etc? Anyone can confirm this?[/QUOTE

Hi, when I was 10 week preg I decided to chg to Doc Ben Tham and lucky enough he accept me after the nurse check with him. So, from 12week onwards I was under him and no doubt I like him very much. I h natural delivery with assisted under him on Jan2016. Yes, he is pro natural even my baby turn her head very late he still never mention any c section to me and tell me still have time for bb to turn.

Reactions: Xp
WOW!
You were with Dr Tham too?

Anyone knows how is his csect skills?
Hi. His c sect skills are very good too. My 1st baby is by natural delivery with no epi and his stitching skills are good. Not much of an issue with healing. Then for my 2nd pregnancy I was expecting twins. He did c sect for me. Also no complaints. The wound heal very well and nice.

Hi. His c sect skills are very good too. My 1st baby is by natural delivery with no epi and his stitching skills are good. Not much of an issue with healing. Then for my 2nd pregnancy I was expecting twins. He did c sect for me. Also no complaints. The wound heal very well and nice.

Thanks! Did you do c sect with epi/ GA? Do you know if he allows husband to be in during the surgery?

Thanks! Did you do c sect with epi/ GA? Do you know if he allows husband to be in during the surgery?
I did with epi for c sect. Husband can only come in when the baby is coming out. For the initial stages where they inject the anesthetic and Dr is making the cut hubby will not be inside. He will be waiting outside till the nurse calls him in.

Yah for LA hubby can go in. GA cannot.

Back