Cream good to heal MOSQUITO BITES

Hi mummies,
Can recommend some cream(s) that is gd for Mozzies bites? To subside the swell and stop the itch.
I dunno what to use besides Mopiko for my 2 yrs old boy. But to me, its not so effective as the "bite spot" still red after 2 days of application.
Thanks!

My 2 kids attracts mosquitos... The bite marks gets extremely swollen, angry, and itchy. After spending a lot of money and trial and error... I realised that the thing that by far, works best on them (and myself) is in fact the Pure Sheung Oil from thailand. "Shang Piao" Oil... Cheap and effective. Can get very spicy... so sometimes I put a plaster over the spot!

Oh...my girl had these bites lately too due to weather... had to go to PD to grab an ointment that works wonderfully good.

But it is smthg like steroids...but not as strong.

hi..my gal is sensitive too. she gets big big bumps from mosquito bites and we use Dermatide..its steroids too..but works on her..

thanks for all the advices.
I bought a mosquito cream from Guardian, its under Guardian house brand and its meant for mosquito bites. Works quite well. After 2 days of application, the bump subside.

A few remedies I tried and work to a certain degree:

1. toothpaste
2. baking soda mixed with water into a paste
3. lime/lemon juice
4. aloe vera
5. vinegar
6. rub a bar of dry soap over the bite, remember to wash off after the itch subsides.
7. ice cube

But prevention is best, so always use repellant or patch when needed.

It's very easy to make your own natural mosquito repellent. These natural products will effectively repel mosquitoes, but they require more frequent reapplication (at least every 2 hours). Because of the differences between types of mosquitoes, products that contain multiple repellents tend to be more effective than those containing a single ingredient. As you can see, natural repellents tend to be volatile plant oils.

Citronella Oil
Lemon Eucalyptus Oil
Cinnamon Oil
Castor Oil
Rosemary Oil
Lemongrass Oil
Cedar Oil
Peppermint Oil
Clove Oil
Geranium Oil

I use a combination of at least 3 of the above oils and mixed in in a spray bottle with some pharmacy bought alcohol and spray the areas to rid the mozzies. But be careful about using this becos of the alcohol content and al;so essential oils have a flash point of 50-60 degrees C. So dont spray near open fire like bbq pit/playing with sparklers/etc.

Hopes this helps.

Back