Cordycep - Is it suitable for children

2galswithlove

I have heard alot about the potency of cordycep. My two girls are so prone to lung infections that i am thinking of investing in Cordycep to boost their immune system.

But would need more comments from parents who have given their kids this herb.

Comments appreciated.

Hi,
Yes, cordycep is very gd for children. U can either buy frm chinese medical hall or buy those powder type. I bought mine frm a lady in the bp thread. Maybe u can try that.
One of my fren oso recommended me a lung tonic for kids. Its nt to be taken as med, but as a tonic for lung. But u've to see the doc to get it. The name of the lung tonic is 'Zaditen'. U can call up ur GP to enquire, tink they will know loh. Hope this help.
happy.gif

Hi msblur,

Thanks so much for your info. You bought the powder form from bp? Is it good? Is it safe to give to youngs kids? Mine are 2 and 5. I bought some from Eu Yan Sang. Very ex and after spending so much time preparing, my two girls actually didnt like the taste at all. I also came across the powdered one from bp but skeptical to try.

Do you use it(the powdered one from bp) for yourself or give it for your kids? You see results?

Now my younger daughter is on a lung tonic from kk, its called ketotifen. But as you know, this medicine have to be taken on long term and i have heard alot about the side effect for consuming too much of these prescribed medication. Each time they fall sick, Its courses and courses of antibiotic on top of others medications. I dont think its a good idea to carry on giving them western medications for long.

Thus, was thinking to get some advise on "prevention" herbs or TCM.

Regards

Hi,
When my son was ard 1 year+, he fell sick frequently. The sickness is flu, cough and phlegm. I feel that western medicine is a temporary cure but not long term. So I bought cordycep for him. Firstly, I bought from Medical shop at Rivervale Plaza. They don't fully use cordycep only, they mixed abit of other herb for the respiratory system like almond etc. He took it for almost 6 months and I see great improvement. No more morning flu(sensitive nose) and those common illness. My son do attend school twice weekly, but not childcare.

Such tonic isn't medicine so you cannot expect to see result in short term, got to start young also so that they can build up their immune system.

I bought Eu Yang Seng's before... grind into powder and add into his soup. Cos Eu Yang Seng's is very concentrated so the taste tends to be stronger. You can try adding to soup and dun use to much if your child's taste buds are very sensitive. Mostly soup can cover up the taste leh.

I don't quite like the one from Lifestream Cordyceps Stroma Gold cos it is yellowish in colour so it tends to make my porridge or soup changed to yellow. Eeek... slightly stronger taste also. Think you can continue on Eu Yang Seng's or you try the medical hall at Rivervale Plaza.

There are different grade of cordycep (according to my chinese sinseh) so the source is important.

I bought it from my sinseh, mine is plus pao sheng. Grind into powder and into capsule. Jst need once a day for them. Best to give empty stomach for better absorption.

Preggie can also take.

Just came upon this thread and thot I'd share what works for my dd. I'm feeding my dd processed cordyceps in powder form, i.e. cordyceps mixed with other herbs - 1 capsule a day mixed into her porridge. Taste is not too strong, easily masked when added to porridge.
I bought this from Guardian Pharmacy - $50 for a bottle of 100 capsules (capsules are green in colour). The name on the box is "Processed Cordyceps Sinensis". It's cheaper than buying the "pure" form from TCM halls, more affordable.
It's very effective - so far her morning sinus is reduced and she's not fallen sick in 3-4 mths even tho she used to get a cold like every few weeks.

juz_me,
I gave to my son on daily basis, half a teaspoon.

I see great improvement on his morning sinus, very rarely sick... think last visit doc for those common sickness was July 06.

missylan,

Wow! Jul 06 that is one year ago. Now. Eu Yang sang has increased their price for their cordyceps - its alot more expensive now.

Just checking with you, are you still giving to your child or you gave your child for duration of 6 months?

Btw, is it heaty? My elder son pretty prone to having ulcers...

Thanks

jh,
yes I open up the capsule and pour out the powder. It's easy to open the capsule, just twist both ends and pull apart, then tap against the bowl. The powder will come out.

juz me,
the one I use is not heaty, but my dd now only poo-poo once every 2-3 days instead of daily. I need to let her drink more water and eat more fruits to help her poo. However, it's not a problem for her i.e. she doesn't feel discomfort with less frequent poo.

My hubby feels that EYS is expensive cos of their "brand". You can also get the "pure" cordyceps from other TCM halls at cheaper price, just make sure they are reliable.

Hi mummies

I also feed my boy cordyceps, since he was 6 months old. I buy them from EYS, and have them ground into powder form.

I add a very small amount, about 1/4 teaspoon initially (now i put 1/2 teaspoon), into his food - porridge, etc. Keep it in the fridge and it lasts very long!

hi,

is there any mummies here?

I like to ask whether the cordyceps can mixed with chinese medicine? eg. flu n cough medicine in powder form

and when kids fallen sick with either fevr, flu or cough or all, can continue with cordyceps?

thks

Hi 2hot

I continue with cordycep for my girls even if they are sick. Just have to make sure for the first 24 hours or so after giving cordycep, do not give carrot or radish. The medical hall assistant told me that taking carrot and radish after the herb will neutralise the good effect of cordycep.

Hope this helps

Just want to share my 'experience' with cordycep.

my cordycep source is from Eu yan sang, the actual thing itself and we just double boil with lean meat (and nothing else).

When I was pregnant (in 2007) I would drink the soup every week in my 2nd trimester and twice a week in 3rd trimester.

My baby was born at 35th week but he is 2.75kg (which my gynae say he is already of a very good size, bigger than some of the full term baby she delivered) and agape score is 9/10 for 1st min and follow by 10/10, even the PD says he got good lung power as he 1st cry is already very loud and powerful.

Every now and then we would still double boil for the whole family (me + HB + kid).

Now my boy is 19mths and compare to most kids about his age, he hardly fall sick(even if he does, he recovers quite quickly - like the recent cough he fully recover within 1 week when most are telling me that the bug is strong and take a very long time to recover)

Dear all,
I chanced upon this post, just to share my good experience with Lifestream Cordycep, it work well for my whole family health needs and they have lot of variety to offer, Stroma and complete type...
happy.gif
I guess they also have e-commeerce website http://lifestreamgroup.com but I usually buy from Unity.

hi,would like to know whether is it suitable for kids to take cordycep when they r still coughing? kids (5 yrs old) suitable to take cordycep capsules? coz been told by EYS that capsules nt suitable for kids,only 12 yrs old n above

Hey Ladies!
Just like to share my experience with Cordyceps! My whole family have been taking Cordyceps for quite some time. However, I am taking the Nu V Cordyceps that comes in capsule form which is so much more convenient and definitely effective! The Cordyceps capsule is also suitable for children and my son who is only 4yrs old have been taking one capsule a day to enhance his general health. Nu V Cordyceps is manufactured completely in Singapore and I feel safer to give to my kid instead of those from made from China.
Recently, they have make it even easier for consumers whereby we can buy the Cordyceps online! Check out their website http://apnutripharm.com

actually better check with doctor/sinseh before taking on your own cos individual body react differently on certain herbs/medicines.

We brought our tod to tcm. Was told she has weak lung n sinus. N she is cooling in nature. I Thot cordycep is gd. Still contemplating to bring her to tcm or buy e capsule fr hock wah.

Hi Ladies! I've been taking this cordycep and it has really help in cutting down the allergies that I used to get. Also, it gives me the energy and concentration that is needed at work. Have been recommending this to many of my friends who also benefit a lot from it! For those who wish to try, you can check this offer now! Rest assured the product is made in Singapore and is definitely safe.
http://www.bighooha.sg/deals/nu-v-cordyceps-sinensis

Vitaceps Cordycep Hisutella Sinensis. an exclusively distribute here in Singapore from Taiwan..
All approved by HSC. Even endorsed by the actor Bernard Tan.

http://artitrade.biz/edm2/vitaceps.html

I know someone got dialysis after taking this he felt a lot better than before which very weak.. now he can still go back to his work...

Back