Confinement Nanny Agency - Review

Hi Chermaine

Do u mind sharing which cl are u using me due oct also engage them. Did u request to change cl as stated u can change cl if u r nt hapi with them.

My CL also from Ikare.

She very strict...

Time to eat, time to sleep, want control me. Use computer longer, she will nag. CL don't let me sleep with air-con, no open window cause said will get wind, cannot blow fan. Weather so hot, my God, how to tahan?

Shower to me, very important as I full breastfeed cause need to clean my body properly, must allow my baby sucks on my breast without any germ. Can imagine I sweating while feeding my baby all the time? My wound below got to keep very clean. So that won't get infected. CL insist that I bath once a week. Having hard time explaining to her on the hygiene issue. She keep saying must follow else next time I will suffer. And when I insist, she said up to you lar, if next time suffer not her business. ;(

Because she keep on nagging, I tried bath fast so that she don't see I bath and I accidentally hit on my c sect wound and bled, good thing my hubby was home, hubby faster fetch me see doc. Wound recovering. My confinement finally over now. Relief. :)

My CL is also from I-kare. First day when she came, May kept telling me she had to keep the CL free a month before cos I had specifically requested for her. I was thinking hello I am paying you for the service, don't tell me all this crap. Then what got me really offended was that she looked at my boobs and concluded that I wouldn't have much milk, kept telling me must supplement FM. Then the CL kept asking me over the first 2 days whether I can supplement FM. Told me to avoid jaunice need some FM. Then there were some red spots in soiled diapers that looked like blood but was actually urine crystals, again she suggested FM. I refused and told her see wat PD said. In the end, PD suggested more feeds or water and also cleared jaundice, then she diam diam from there. Till now, I still TBF. So pissed that they so not pro bf when the namecard says they are, such an irony. But other than the breastfeeding issue, the CL was actually ok.

Iluvvjp

can I check with u which CL u using actually I m due anytime starting to feel stress after seeing so many neg comment recently n I have realize after u cfm May dun reali wan to bother to reply ur SMS or so oh btw with regards on the work permit she will apply for us right. Sorry so much ques. TIA

Chermaine

sorry to hear that . As wat she promise she will change within 24 hr wat is in the contract. So bad of her. Poor service . Hiaz reali dunno hw when come to me

Hi mummies,

Can I know the name of the cl that you have engage from I kare ? I had engage them as well and will be popping soon,

Did you guys also buy the 500 herbal package from them ?

jojobar

I have engage them already been they did offer upon signing but I told her I gt my own auntie who sell herbs which I always take from so she say ok de.

Jojo

I have book thru May . I m due anytime from now recently keep seeing some neg review kinda stress cos I believe even no gd there is nothing we can do cos as mention first day u have to make full payment le. So after money paid what can we say right no choice le. Just gt to pray hard haha. When r u due?

Hi caca,

Anytime. I am at week 37 plus already. I had request for yu zhen jie. You never select any particular cl based on her website ?

hello all mtb here who do u reserve from ikare for yr confinement?

mine is xueli

worry mine will nag me or wad.. sian

jojo

ya i saw u from oct thread. I am 40weeks tom le. I am a slient reader in oct thread so waiting now.I requested for Meiling.

shan

I think they have no right to nag at us at the end of the day we r their employer someone who pay them so they should do the way we want.Even for my previous 2 kids my mil do my confinement for me she dun ask me like cannot bath la and so whatever I want to do she will let me do but of cos not like eat cold stuff la its for the sake of our own health.

Hi Caca,

Nice meeting you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I am week 38 this thursday also in the waiting game. One of my colleage engage Mei Jie from ikare last minute after the Demon CL, Irene play her out.

Her feedback on Mei Jie is half half, she say Mei Jie is okay in taking care of baby but she cannot cook confinement dishes ! I was quite shock to hear that ... Anyway, nothing much we can do now except ..... Keep our finger cross and pray hard hard..

I have been trying to see if there is any mummies engage Yu Zhen Jie before but so far no review.

Jojobar

haha ya nothing we reali can do for me I am more concern on cooking for me cos as for taking care baby I can do it myself as this is my #3 le so no pro.Cannot cook confinement dishes is a BIG NO to me I already voice out my main concern to May before le so she better know wat to do. This thing is making me abit stress haiz but no choice just have to keep our fingers cross.Is this your first baby?

Hi Caca,

No this is my second one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Last time, my mum did the confinement for me. But i am not keen for my mum to stretch herself again this time as she need to help me look after my #1. Hence i dicide to engage CL.

My Mum is a fanastic cook so this CL better know how to cook and take care of the infant. I have a maid to do the housework anyway.

jojobar

haha same here to my mum also great cook my mil also make alot of tonic for me so the cl better can cook and make tonic for me cos I think confinement is reali important to pui the body as I m quite weak.for me is more of cooking cleaning the house than baby I can take care just bath baby only . Which hospital u delivering.

Hi Caca,

I will be delivering in Mt E. I just got the items in the $500 herbal package from May. Think is quite comprehensive. Was thinking to buy from her the $500 herbal package rather than the CL go to medical hall and buy later....

Hi jojo

can check with u wat does the $500 herbal include? For just daily soup or also the red date tea.... Thanks in advance.

Babyjoanne

there r a few thread toking abt ikare there r some positive n some neg comments . If u have not book with them maybe u can waiting for me to finish my confinement will updatez how's the nanny cos I m due 12 oct le will be seeing nanny anytime le . If u nt in a hurry.

babyjoanne

I saw this thread le kinda scary but I have no choice le just gt to cross my fingers cos i already pay deposit le no turning back.

shan

Can check when is your edd? My confinement lady is also xueli and im due beginning nov. Worried if the nannies are double booked.

Hi,

i got my CL earlier this year also thru i-Kare (but different one from the CLs mentioned in this thread). Overall OK if you are prepared to close one eye and overlook some of the less impt stuff.

However, must comment that i got the same treatment as vickvick. On the first day home, May commented that she can tell that i won't have enough milk. After the first week, my CL kept stressing me to supplement with FM, saying my baby can't sleep well cos always hungry. In the end i gave in.

However after my confinement, i did manage to switch back to TBF by the end of the 2nd month. Hence it makes me seriously doubt what May and the CL told me earlier, esp since May says she is a lactation consultant and i-Kare also claims on their website that their CLs are all trained in helping mothers with lactation/BF issues. Cos in my case, my CL did not offer any support or suggestions, just straight away tell me to use FM. But other than this problem, generally no other big issues with the CL. Her cooking is also OK i think.

babyjoanna,

I personally think when we engaged our CL... I wouldn't care about the agency's past. Or rather, if they are licence and registered in Ministry of Manpower website. If they are, so its legal right? or get a CL from a so-called big name agency and later find out its non-existence?!

which is more scary?

my CL from GPLS did show up on the day of my discharge. She has been a great help to me. V experienced and alert. However, I do not wish to recommend any agencies at all cos i feel that all agencies are the same... how good a CL is depends on invidual luck and also how we communicate with CL. I am v blessed to have such a good CL, but doesnt mean all mummies who go to GPLS gets good CL too! just like employing a maid, or even a staff at work.. also depends on luck. Just my own opinion...

good luck to all mummies! hope u all get a good CL

Babyjoanne,

You don't accept pm. Can switch your settings? I would like to pm you on some issues on ikare that ive known of but reluctant to post it here. Thanks!

I think this Triton probably from Pem agency. That is why hide here hide there.

Babyjoanna, are you PEM Agency too? Are you trying to protect your own backside?

I am a real mother who suffered by engaging PEM services. I am not from bliss or i-kare.

My customer number : 1218836 if remember correctly.

Hi Babylins, Violet.

Firstly thank you for your compliment that I'm qualified as a confinement agency. Probably I should quit my job and start one.

So now I am WJ, JO or PEM agency as both of you mentioned, probably add more names, GPLS, AMY?

It sounds good, why not?

Curious, can I ask both of you a question?

Why are both of you so reactive and so fed up when illegal agency Bliss/I-kare promoting themselves in this forum being exposed?

I never mention that you Babylins and Violet are from Bliss/I-kare but both of you are so

eager to explain that you not from Bliss/I-kare?

Explanation from both of you :

Babylins : I am not speaking up for ikare. So I'm from ikare too?

Violet : I am not from bliss or i-kare.

Wilson :

And very soon I-kare with many usernames disguising as mothers that they created for years, will start posting to defend themselves at this thread.

And probably they will create more new usernames to continue do what they doing now as this forum is where they make $$ from people like us.

Once any mothers post bad reviews on their experienced with I-kare nannies, I-kare will cornered them with many sharp, sarcastics question and remarks till mothers kept silent.

Myself :

It seems what Wilson said is coming to life on this thread.

Babylins, Violets, I look forward for more defense on behalf of I-kare from both of you.

Or probably you want to change to different usernames to silent me down like what usernames Sparks, Gigi, NewMom, Justine and Pac silence down many mothers at link threads below on behalf of illegal agency Bliss/I-kare?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4315089.html?1317819670

Dear violet and Babylins,

I'm not here to take any sides. I've used ikare before and I seriously don't like May because her service is bad ( my personal experience) I wouldnt mind meeting up face to face if you need verification.

Yes, this is my new username as I've closed my old account. You ask why? Because I'm afraid ikare will threaten to trace my ip address and get her lawyer to sue me. That is why I've deactivated my old account.

For everyone benefit of doubt, I'm not related to other agencies. To believe or not to, is up to you.

This is a forum for mummies to come together to share. I'm only sharing my experiences, I don't see why you need to be so agitated over me sharing my stories. It's not like I'm extremely angry or annoyed when others post their comments . All I can say is that all agencies need to realign themselves to what their company's motto is. That is to provide upmost and best support for confinement mummies and newborn.

hi to all parents!?

i heard some news that their are lots of sale in babyhyperstore at kaki bukit shunli industrial park i want to go their to check if its true because now I'm 8months pregnant i need to buy a things for my baby but i don't know what should i buy anyone can help???????

All mummies, pls do not engage zhen jie from ikare agency. i read about her good recommendation here and decided to engage her for my confinement..its a decision that i truly regret..

1. don't really know how to take care of baby...when baby cry would need me to to help take care of baby..when she's cooking, baby cry she will just ignore and carry on cooking..in the end though am doing confinement, yet am not getting enough rest...

2. Her cooking is also not fantastic...(take 2 hours to prepare & cook for 3 meals)knows a few confinement dishes, will repeat most of the time...and when run out of idea..ask me can drink ABC soup?? where got confinement drink ABC soup???

3. she will only wash baby and her clothes. me and hubby clothes need my hubby to wash.

4. She will only stick to her own cooking methods eventhough i ask her to do otherwise.

5. if you thinking of asking her for advise on how to observe confinement dos and don'ts, you can just read the forum coz she will tell you everything also can...to me her confinement knowledge is zero.

6. demands afternoon nap.

Mummy who is thinking of engaging her must be prepared for normal dishes(minimum confinement food), her cooking takes priority over baby, need your assistance in taking care of baby...and more

seriously u be better of getting a maid then engage her...do be mindful of good comments from the forum, sometimes it might be the agency promoting their own nannys...

Concern mummy who engage her pls do change before its too late..now my whole body aches because never do a proper confinement and also walk around to much and helping to care for baby...

hi xiao bao, urs also zhen jie ar?

is she kinda short lady is it?

i also engage mine from ikare. earlier i chosen another CL from may. last min that aunty got problem on her gastric and admitted to hospital n she told me this aunty is good. haix, cooking sucks. 1st 2 weeks, she still can tk bb. but till next 2 weeks, when she cooking bb pass to us. she should be boiling water for me to bath with the herbal.but she dun. she only use kettle to boil water n then pour water to the tub n put the herbal bag. then ask me add water from water heater. lazy auntie n dunno anything.

wat may told me is all the CL all trained to cook n tk bb and pro breastfeeding. i hav another mother has good experience with ikare but myself is not.

Hi ppl

i engaged and used pem confinement nanny. My CL is ming zhu. SHe is very experienced and can really cook. She is with pem for many years and i have recommended her to most of my friends.

Can consider if you all looking for nanny ^^

Heard a lot of negatives about ikare from forum but i did not really contact them . gpls , i thought they closed down?

I am not from pem confinement btw ^^

Hi Eliza,

But a quick search revealed that in all your posts (8 in total) promotes PEM. No offense but it does begs one to question....

No offense as well. I am new in this forum and i also do post in other threads if you track again. I want to promote this CL of mine cos i think she is good. I not sure about other nannies in pem.

Eliza i hope i am one of the lucky customer too. I still having my confinement period. My nanny is lan yu qing. so far no problem. hope nothing goes wrong * touch wood =)

Got a very bad experience from ikare.

Pop 2 weeks earlier than expected. Called and inform may but got questioned say why so early and she don't like my 1st pregnancy to pop so early. (Like I can control). Then she changed our CL without informing us and we were suspicious when she brought her here. Pretend to ask what's aunty name, how we address her and she just say just call aunty.

After she left, Hubby called her to confront saying the cl is obviously not the one we selected. Then she gave us excuse saying the one we chosen got kick out coz did sth to baby.

The cl she gave us is a nightmare. 1st day only quarrel with my mum. Critisize on the food she buy when we only buy according to the list may gave. Keep asking us to buy this and that which we do not need.

Baby

No knowledge on taking care of baby. Keep rushing us to do things according to her pace. Ask me to let her bath baby right after his meal. Don't know how to clean unbilical cord. After 2 wks still haven drop. Nurse told us we did not clean coz all the discharge stuck inside so not dry. Night time i also take care of myself. Don't trust her at all. When we wake up, she is still slping away, don't even know. Day time kept dozing off when she don't even have to take care of baby at night.

Cooking

For 3 weeks, have been eating the same few dishes and soup. Later 2 weeks everyday ask me what to cook for the 3 meals. Ask until I'm so sick of it and ask my mum to cook instead. Like to ask my mum to buy a lot of ingredients but nv cook. Some had to throw away.

Only thing which we are satisfied is baby laundry. We use cloth diaper and let her wash. She did not even wash my clothes. Had to wash my own lingerie..

As we are ending her service a week plus in advance, may told us will be coming to pick her in the noon. But came 2 days before and call the cl to meet her downstairs. She pass her the pay and ask her take cab home coz she gg overseas. Cl told us the next day abt the arrangement. And told the cl we dun like her so terminating early when she did not even ask us for the reason. Shouldn't she at least inform us? Hub sms her to return call if not will complain then she call back. Work permit not terminated so ask her to drop us black n white saying we are nt responsible Shld anything happen as she ask her to go back herself.

Overall before you sign contract, she will promise a lot of things. After that, Nth is delivered. She say she is a lactation consultant but keep asking me to sub with fm. Then say will massage for me for engorgement when I discharge from hospital but when saw me, keep saying those neg things ask ask the cl to use hot towel massage which she don't know how.

Think twice if you all wanna engage ikare. My first and last time..

Back