Class for children with special needs - P1/P2

mummytoh84

Dear All,

I have 3 schooling children with my youngest daughter diagnosed with GDD. They are in Primary 5, Primary 2 and Primary 1 respectively. 1 of the most challenging difficultities that I faced is not able to find a suitable tutor for my youngest daughter. Lucky my older kids have no problem in their homework.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm constantly trying to find new ways to help her in her school work and have along the way, equipped myself with some knowledge on how to help slow learners. I realise there is not much help anywhere on any forum or internet where a suitable teacher can be found. Many times, I find myself questioning whether these tutors will be passionate or patient enough to teach slow learners.

I'm hoping to be able to help these children so that they can at least learn as much as possible along the way.

I'm a full time working mum by the way. But will be able to teach evening slots @ my place in Woodlands. I'm looking to open up a class for maximum 4 students for P1/P2 Maths and English but more likely to focus on Maths (Believe me, children with special needs are very confused with maths concepts.)

More background on my academic results. I am not a local uni graduate although I scored very well for my PSLE and did relatively well with 0 Levels in a good school. I graduated from SP with Diploma in Biz Admin and went on to pursure a private degree in Business Management. My aim now is to really try my best to provide more understanding of Maths concepts because the school teacher can only do so much even though they can be helpful.

1 to up to 4: $20/1.5hrs/2sessions per week - This is from my own experience that my daughter is too stressed to understand more when I teach her for too long. But 1 session per wk is too little to help these little kids. It will be good to start off with 2 sessions weekly.

Please do not hesitate to email me @ [email protected]. I will try my best to answer your enquiries as much as possible and from my own experience teaching my daughter.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Gerrydin,

There are many things you need to take into consideration when dealing with children of special needs.
It can be physical, mental, academic qualifications etc.

May I know which area you are referring to?

Back