Childcare having 20 toddlers in the same class?

calyce

Hi mummies,

Just wondering if it is common for childcare to group all 20 toddlers (18mths-3yrs) in the same class, with 2 teachers. So ratio here is 1:10.

Think MSF states dat for babies who r 18 mths n below d ratio shld b 1:5 Ratios differ depending on d age grp U can check d ratio @ MSF website

Previously a cc teacher told me msf is 1:8. I knw some reputable cc has 1:6.

The other thing is do they usually split into diff rooms, so 8 per room per teacher instead of putting everyone together as a big crowd.

I think they usually split based on yr of birth, so an 18mo will not be in the same class as a 3yo.

For those 18 mths n above n under 3 yrs old I think d ratio is 1:8

But quite sure it's not 1:10

If u know of a CC dat is doing this den u shld report them 2 MSF

Thanks for all your reply.

It's a neighbourhood cc. I just asked the teacher again and she claimed that there'll be another teacher coming in to make it to 3 teachers. I'll monitor this for a while and see how.
Previously I visited learning vision, their ratio is 1:6. They split to small rooms with 5-6 toddlers in a room and 1 teacher. So, the interaction was quite good.
Maybe can't really compare with neighbourhood since their fee is already so much difference.

But if usual practice is having 1 group per room, then I'm looking to move my daughter to other cc.

Back