Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

it happened to kyan as well, everyday wet pants...already told the teacher to bring him to toilet b4 nap time, but still as b4, cos they don't bring the kid to toilet as n when, heard it only every 30mins or so...

Wahhh that means during nap when our child needs to go toilet have to travel all the way ah.. then go back in can sleep back meh? If me, fully awake liao.

Yesterday go back home realise I couldn't open Jonas bag because there is no zipper! Jonas was so upset because have to cut open the bag and so totally cannot use liao. Just a bit disappointed coz if they accidentally pull the zipper too hard and it dropped, then at least they should tell me mar...
sad.gif
The bag is like $36 lor...

The teacher told me if the child tells them they wanna go toilet, they wld bring them over immediately even thou its not time for the 30 min toilet break... not sure how true tt is though... coz if they really did tt, then i dun think the children will wet their pants tt often.

Oh... then Jonas must be very sad huh?

Somehow I feel their svc std like dropped liao leh... I'm not sure if its because some of the teachers were new n inexperienced, or the classes becoming too big for them to handle... When Kellene first joined in Sep last yr, we were quite happy w the school. Its only the recent few weeks when all these problems started.

Decnk,
After i complain to them they took notice of charlotte and remind her. and i also remind Charlotte. Recently is much better. Maybe you remind kellene to let teacher know when she need to go toilet.

Mummies,

I also some how feel alittle disappointed after the school is more crowded teachers also had neglected our kids. might be due to new batch came in. and do you all know that our kids only have half n hour for lunch? so they got to eat very fast. then they got to visit the toilet and bath.

As Charlotte is slow eater i wonder if she can't finish. As i know the amount of food for her is very little only.

As for computer class no point joining we are staying in HDB not Private property don't expect us to keep paying extra fees.

We pay so much for the school fees and thats what we get.

At first i feel worth it.. but now when come to nursery i feel disappointed. I shall give them somemore time to adjust otherwise will reconsider a better school.

Catherine,
Ya, I kept reminding Kellene as well. I think the wetting pants thing is making her a bit paisei... Previously when she was still in the PG class, she wld laugh over it when I asked if she wet her pants. Then recently when it gets more frequent, she sort of ignored my qns when I mention abt wetting pants. I guess she is embarassed abt it so try n divert attention to other things. I think this isnt good for their self esteem when they are just learnt to be toilet trained...

The teacher told me tt Kellene is one of the more vocal ones, as in she can tell them clearly when she wants to go toilet. So if tt's the case, I really dun understand why she still wet her pants so frequently?

My only conclusion is maybe the teachers dilly dally for a while, instead of bring her to the toilet immediately. But the teacher's explanation to me says otherwise... so I also dunno whether to believe it or not...
uhoh.gif

Decnk,

you know lar they have all sorts of reason, how to believe. when i question Charlotte she will start to cry, even worse.. That time i ask her she say haven't go toilet which mean not her turn yet. After all its just troublesome for the kids to go over by the time they reach the urine already unbareable

Mummies,

Replies from Aileen,

Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the late reply.

We do understand your concerns with regards to the toileting issues now that
the Nursery children have moved to the Nursery/K1/K2 bay. Regrettably, it is
the Building Management's decision not to allow us to build toilets at this
bay. However, rest assured that we do bring the children over regularly for
toileting, especially during this transition period.

We understand that the children will need some time to adjust to the new
environment and we do anticipate that toileting accidents may happen. We
have been monitoring the situation and the children do surprise us! After a
short period of 3 weeks, we can see improvements in the children.

It is a learning process for them to learn and adjust as part of growing up.
Hence, we thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.
Charlotte has been adjusting well into Nursery and enjoying the journey.

I want to thank you again for your valuable feedback and suggestions and I
look forward to Charlotte having another great year with us.

No worries about Charlotte not joining. You can decide to opt in at a later date when you feel that she is ready.

We are offering computer lessons from Futurekids as many other Cherie Hearts parents, whose children have gone on this programme for the past 4 years, have given good feedback to us. Our parents have been keen to adopt the computer lessons as schools have incorporated usage of Netbooks in Primary 1's curriculum.

As enrichment classes are not compulsory, we do not include these additional costs into the monthly school fees. Therefore, parents at Cherie Hearts have an option of opting in on programmes which they feel would be beneficial to their children.

I hope this clarifies your doubts. In the event whereby you require any clarification, please do not hesitate to check with Mrs Chua or myself.

We look forward to working closely together with you during Charlotte's time with us.

Yesterday Jon kena bitten by a classmate..

Upset lor... I know its normal lar.. Just that they should take note of that child coz she always go around biting people mar... The teacher told me it happened in a split second when they were getting ready to bathe, then the little girl 'sneak' in and bite jon..

Alamak... maybe Jon is 'newbie' lar, never bite before, must try try..

Joanne,

Actually Biting is a way kids defence themselve when they are in a new enviroment without parents. esp when they are unable to speak out to defence themselve.

Charlotte was like this when she joined, But now she is able to speak so she speak louder then action. lolz

Tell Jon to bite back ahahahaha..........:X

Eh my jon jon so good boy.. blur blur like that... dunno why she wanna bite him leh haha

sighhhh i'm a bit worried coz the teacher ling ling who is in charge of JOn told me today that he doesn't look her in the eye when she talks to him. ask me whether got bring him see doc or not. I brought him to a speech therapist before, but he couldn't conclude for me coz 1) he's too young and 2) Jonas late developer, maybe same as the bro.. they told me can get a full report only when he's 3

Super tired and sad.. what if he really got autism? Where can I go now to get a full diagnosis, so that I can stop guessing???

Maybe wait till he is 2.5yrs then you will see how he develope. Do read more books with him. This will help. Is he able to talk simple words like bye bye, Cat, Fish, Dog, birds?

who knows he will change after he attend childcare?

Catherine,

Nope. Nothing from him. If we ask him to say 'papa', he will say 'pa.... pa...' but don't think he knows the meaning to it.

I remembered Jonas first call me when he was 2 years old 'mama' but Jon seems to take so long.. He's now coming to 26 months...
sad.gif

He never wave goodbye to us last time but after he attended CH, he started waving everytime we say 'byebye' or when he wants to out he will walk to the door and starts waving...

Joann

Bring him to pediatrician 1st and get them to recommd. Better u guess here and there. Btw, for boy, their development is always slower than girl hor

Grace,

Alphonse very long one leh, ETA mid march coz they are reprinting this fabric. Okay or not? Or wanna change to other designs?

Hi hi...
Are you all going to the orientation this sat?

I was checking with Mrs Chua on enrolling Kellene's brother later this yr... then she told me the fees will be increased to $630 (after the $300 subsidy) for new students from Apr!! So ex now...

And hor, she said existing students will probably increase as well.... not confirm how much yet, maybe 10%...
sad.gif

wahhhhh

how come increase so much? whats the difference? Got new enrichment or what? Or too troublesome bringing the kids to the toilets so much employ more teachers? hahahahah

I also dunno how come increase so much.... sianz... somemore so many optionals not included....

Mrs Chua told me the fee increase is fixed by HQ, then I asked if the fees r the same for all branches, she says no. Depends on location (I think prob their rental)... But this one only open for 1 yr, then fees increase liao... a bit too soon huh??

The 10% for existing students will work out to additional $50 a mth liao..
sad.gif

Sigh... me also in a dilemmma whether to register for Kellene's brother now...

It wld be quite ex to pay for 2 kids at CH, yet I don't feel like changing Kellene's childcare again (coz CH is her 2nd one already).

Do you all know how is the curriculum like K1 & K2? Now tt they hv to go toilet often + bath & eat, seems to me tt actual teaching hours are quite short. One alternative I thinking of is to send Kellene to those PCF kindergardens for K1 & K2... My impression is tt those r more academic... Any comments on those PCF kindergarden classes?

Decnk where you staying? maybe can consider nearby ur house.. maybe we can write to HQ together regarding to this matter i Don't think. They should consider this is a neighbourhood Childcare and not near those PRIVATE housing.. IF they make it so expensive sooner or later the Center will make it a lost. Teachers are good but Centre is blood sucking

I going to check with my neighbour who send her son to THE CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY CENTRE PTE LTD at rivervale to see if there is any vacancy and better Curriculum.

I stay at Punggol... Kellene's ex childcare was just at my blk, but I dun like it. Though very convenient, I find that they r very dis-organised and not very hygenic.

Oh I considered tt Children's Discovery Centre previously... tt is ard Blk 18x at Rivervale Crescent right?

Personally I find tt one a bit crowded.... their infant care (I think they hv tt there) and childcare all under one roof... good thing is they are all connected one, unlike CH, but their older classes like K1 and K2 like a bit rowdy...

Decnk,
So far from my neighbour she say ok wor... not tat bad.. shall see how lor if really increase and they have vacancy there i might change

Lets see what we will know this sat...
Hopefully can get to know our kids class schedule and know what they really do in school.

be in the location or what, it just an normalcc, not Montessori Child Care!!!!! if they increase the rate, think i will change as well, cos if increase which mean i will hv to pay 530 per mth???...i might as well change o montessori!!!! thinkin of amazing star at st anne..

less than a yr and they gg to increase the rate, than the coming years, will increase yearly???!!! they think parents $$ good to kadou issit...so angry...Gov give more subsidy is to lighten the burden for both sch and parents, not to lighten the sch but burden the parents!!!!...the more gov give, they more they wan to take from us...sch keep telling us that, salary increase, foods increase, material increase, what the hell in the world didn't increase!!!!everythings is on the rise and we hv to PAP, wan us to bleed till when, gov give subsidy so that, sch can hv enough to employ good teachers and more enrichment class, but no lor, they will still throw the $$ to parents to pay for all. it not only sch items increase, we parents also hv to pay for others thing as well, dun they understand!!! STRESS STRESS...the $$ i spent every mth for both my kids, think might as well get a maid, at least i can hv more time to coach my gal and can hv hm cooked foods everday..

Cool down, Actually this year most of the school will increase to fees but somehow is really unfair to us all the fees rise our salary are not...and CH have no good reason to Rise the fees as i don't see is it worth it to rise the fee unless they include the enrichment class in.

Hi Catherine,

That's right...no enrichment incldued and yet we have to pay for the price, it just a normal CC..not montessori!!!. so mad abt this. if just normal CC, then i might as well trf to "My First Skool", which cost half the price and it just walking distance from my blcok....

so far, did do a little search from the website, comments abt "my first skool", so far ok. if trf, i can save up 250 per mth, hw hw hw.....

Yah lor... haiz i thought CH was good price reasonable. Teachers are great, but now realise that alot of things are not included in the cirrculum. and by right they should let us know what our kids will learn in nursery during the PTC. For 1 month i had not seen what charlotte had down in Nursery, In PG2 we still can get back the files and know what they are doing. but after she went to nursery up till today i don't even see any files or work done.

Tequila,
THats cheap and can use the 250 to top up for enrichment class... yah i also thinking of my first skool but don't know have vacancy or not.

and i realise that our kids can be very stress in CH as eating will be rushing, toileting also rushing, lesson also rushing...

Aiyo like that how? So ex I got 2 loh... can die man
Jon just started to settle in Nia... Change again also dunno got vacancy for both of them or not.

Think now open childcare very good hor... Earn $$$ a lot

Ya, same sentiments... At first I thought CH's fees were reasonable... its abt $100+ more than the previous childcare, but I thought at least its so-called more "branded", and environment is cleaner/better, teachers were good... so I dun mind paying a bit more.

But then now if they increase the px, and so many enrichment classes not included in, then might as well go and attend montessori liao...

CH "outsource" so many enrichment classes (like speech n drama, computer, etc), then if all the children attend those additional enrichment classes, means the teachers in CH will be very free liao lah, no need to teach anymore??!!?? Coz the normal lesson time all taken up by the enrichment classes already....
uhoh.gif

I think hor, maybe they think tt CH is "branded", and pp are queuing to get in there, so they take the chance to "eat" us lor... By right, with more students, the fees shd come down, coz the fixed costs are shared by more students already....

Joann,

Yah open a childcare very good can earn alot.

HOw much can our kids eat?

i wonder they take in so many kids in nursery and k1 n k2 does the room can contain so many kids? will it be over crowded?

Back