Cervical length at 20 weeks

fas4

Hi everyone, i just had my 20 week detailed scan at Mount E Novena and given a report to give to my gynae. However, my gynae seems to know that all is well as he didnt even look at the report and said " everything is well right?" LOL. Guess he had received the softcopies report...

Anyway, after that he went to check my cervical length and it was 3.02cm. He told me anything below 2.5cm is a concern it can cause preterm labor. At 3cm its very unlikely. However, me being ganchiong me, went to google and saw that most of the ladies in forum has about 4cm cervical length . Shud i be worried? I know my gynae is good and i shud trust him. But seeing most ladies having 4cm makes me so worried! Any mummies out there with the somewhat the same measurement as mine and turn out okay? Please help out a first time mum! :(

That's normal cervical length. Do not worry. I've cervical incompetence and needed a cerclabe. Yours is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

That's normal cervical length. Do not worry. I've cervical incompetence and needed a cerclabe. Yours is fine.

Hihi thanks so much for your reply. If you don't mind, could you share what was your length when you were diagnose with ic and how far along were you?

Hihi thanks so much for your reply. If you don't mind, could you share what was your length when you were diagnose with ic and how far along were you?

I lost my first pregnancy to ic. Subsiequent pregnancies I needed a cerclage.

Back