Cervical incompetency

Ddreaaa

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone else here facing or faced a similar situation as me?

I just passed week 20 and was diagnosed with cervical incompetency with bulging membrane. I was referred to KKH for a potential cervical cerclage but unfortunately was told my water bag had ruptured and is no longer a viable option for me.

I have read several encouraging stories of mummies pushing through to week 24,28,32 and even full term without cervical cerclage, with plenty of bed rest.

What are the likelihood to keep the baby? So far the reviews from the doctors haven’t been promising, hoping to hear from mothers who experienced the same situation. Any help or information will be appreciated!

Hi there, I’ve experienced something similar to you. I was having bad cramps at 19+ weeks in 2020 and went to my gynae the day morning. She said that I had UTI and after checking my cervix she diagnosed me with cervical incompetency. I was then warded and was going to get a cerclage done. But my water bag ruptured shortly and nothing could be done.
I’m now 12+ weeks and waiting to get a cerclage done at week 14.
Are you considering to get cerclage put in for your next pregnancy? If not, do you have some concerns?

Hello,

sadly I wasn’t about to save it and now currently recovering from my miscarriage.

Happy to hear that you are expecting now :)
Yes, after reading and finding out more, I have intention to do prevention cerclage for next pregnancy. Hopefully that will help.

hope that everything will go smoothly for you :)

Back