Can we vaccine while TTC?

I asked gynae with regards to this, she doesn't make any negative comments, but remind me to stop trying for 1 month after took the jab (which means after 2nd jab of course). For reference only ~

Should you have family to support you, better if you can continue to try especially if you are responding well to ovulation pills (provided u mostly stay at home / lesser risk comparably) Else, do consider to stop for 2 months, take vaccine + rest before trying again for baby.

Anyone who are preg but still unvaxed? Seriously, the govt just gave up on controlling the situation.
We have asked several doc, and got mixed feedbacks. Most telling us it will protect the mother but not too sure what will happen to the baby as there are no data.. In fact a handful of doc told us not take (or rather hinting) and stay home.. Anyone facing the situation?

Anyone who are preg but still unvaxed? Seriously, the govt just gave up on controlling the situation.
We have asked several doc, and got mixed feedbacks. Most telling us it will protect the mother but not too sure what will happen to the baby as there are no data.. In fact a handful of doc told us not take (or rather hinting) and stay home.. Anyone facing the situation?

Actually in Malaysia due to lost of control against COVID-19, lots of pregnant women got no choice but to take it after considering the pros and cons... I saw your post in "Covid-19 vaccine thoughts", initially want to link you there, but since you are there viewing, you should be understand that some pregnant women took it prior to their pregnancy test etc.

I would say, if your wife is of wfh/not required to go out from home, you can continue to see how the situation goes according to what doc's hint to you (since beginning of 2nd tri still got some time to consider whether to take or not), if the situation of SG is getting worse, then you might need to think twice, as it is very dangerous for both baby and mother.

Stay cool and enjoy your days towards parenthood.

this covid situation is tough for pregnancy esp there's not much data available of the effect of the vaccine and also covid effect on pregnancy. Even with vaccination doesnt mean is 100% safe from the virus. Got to stay safe. Hope gov handle this better than now.

So for those planning to conceive, got no choice but to take vaccine 1st, so that won't facing these issues when successfully conceive after that.

Hmm, I 1st time heard of taking vaccine during 1st trimester. Normally ppl is advisable to take from week 13 onwards.. Anyway, stay safe for all mum-to-be.

For those planning to conceive, take vaccine ASAP due to the increase of confirmed cases, stop for 2 months (1 month for both vaccinations, another month as advised by gynae)

indeed.. one month ago heard the clinic told them dont vaccinate on first trimester... but last week i heard them telling the ladies can vaccinate on first trimester... personally i dont think i will agree to vaccinate on first

Ya, so stay home, stay safe! Have a smooth pregnancy journey ya!

For me who is yet to pregnant, will be taking my 1st vaccine soon and rest for 2 months before trying again ;)

indeed.. one month ago heard the clinic told them dont vaccinate on first trimester... but last week i heard them telling the ladies can vaccinate on first trimester... personally i dont think i will agree to vaccinate on first
I'm in my first trim & yet to vaccinate. I'm still sitting on the fence in this regard & i doubt i will go ahead for the time being. Too many research uncertainties of the MRNA for pregnant women. i don't wish to take the risk for my unborn child and heard too many stories of side effects - including a relative who took first shot & is having heart inflammation side effects now.

Just hope the govt will be considerate towards people who have yet to vaccinate due to various health reasons/pregnancy & not having the passive aggressive approach for this grp of ppl to be vaccinated- Our bodies are all wired differently and it's not a cookie cutter approach for the endemic living they are striving now.

Stay Safe mum to be !

Govt is actually trying their best to keep us safe and sound, due to economic pressure, they got no choice but to consider of re-opening of border to certain countries but seriously I think work from home should remain as default, as taking public transport and having lunch / work at office actually do expose us to risks.

For those of you who is pregnant at the moment, congrats and do stay at home, remind other family members to take good care of themselves (sanitize always, take a shower right after they are home etc) so that they can help to keep you in safe conditions too.

As for those yet to be pregnant at this moment of time, do go ahead and take vaccine, stop trying for 2 months. Once become pregnant, then you won't facing dilemma of taking vaccine during pregnancy.

Stay safe, stay home and take care all! :D

for sharing... took my first jab end june, 2nd jab 21 days later... managed to conceive and got my bfp during 2nd week of aug to my surprise as i was ttc for 3 years. :) didnt expect the blessing as i had booked for FET for end of the year..

for sharing... took my first jab end june, 2nd jab 21 days later... managed to conceive and got my bfp during 2nd week of aug to my surprise as i was ttc for 3 years. :) didnt expect the blessing as i had booked for FET for end of the year..
Soft congrats to you.. i think i may be ard the same timeline.. took my 2nd jab on 11th Aug & i also jus tested positive 2 weeks ago. Am feeling worried actually due to my mc & ectopic history. Gg for gynae appt this coming mon.. very very worried n anxious for my visit...

If you really want to be safe, jab only on your Day 1 - 3 (when you are not pregnant). The stress on your body by the vaccine is only for about three days, I guess. You'll be fine by Day 14 (assuming).

I got pregnant right after 1st jab, and 2nd jab was around week 8 or 9? Baby is okay. I took pfizer. Little side effects for me.

Back