Ballet class - 2.5yr old

mummies,

I am interested in Dancing Tots at Crestar Safra Tampines Sat 10.30am for 45 mins. The class is planned to start on 18 Oct 08 but they only got 3 students so far. They need at least 5 to start. Anyone interested? Please call 6789 8393

After Dancing Tots, they can move on to Bebe Ballet then to Classic Ballet for grading.

Only this outlet, Safra memeber get another 8% off on course fee.

Beside if we register in this month, we will get the dancing costume free which is worth abt $40. It is a pink leotard with tutu attached, very cute.

sorrie but juz sharing coz my gal also into ballet n was previous in crestar bebe then lots of unhappinesss happen such as regular changing of teachers n was inform last min tt my gal cant promote wif her den current class coz she was not of age to take the exam coz she year end bb so had to join another class juz to wait for the next exam date..... so in the end we stop her class n lucky nw we found another dance sch in tampines tt teach ballet n muz say tt her teachers are gd... n she will be performing end of this yr..... so i am glad i did not continue wif crestar....

juz my 2cents worth of thots......

<font color="aa00aa">sheris:
do you mind sharing with me where your girl is in now? as in which school she is in?

my girl has been pestering me to let her go and i wasn't able to find a sch that would take in 3.5 yr olds.

a friend recommended a teacher who teaches in kembangan cc but she is not picking up my calls.
sad.gif

she told me her class was full some months back and she would update me of her new class but to date, there is no news from her.

would appreciate if you could PM me.

thanks!</font>

oh she attending at legrand school of dance opp tamp east cc.... 3.5yr can join le.... mb u pm me for the details n contacts bah.... i like the teachers there n the prinicpal herself is a ballet teacher also....

My niece attended Crestar and my sis is full of praise for the school. I guess maybe different branches, different.

Anyway I willc heck on Legrand too, thanks.

<font color="aa00aa">
sheris:
hmm... how long has your girl been with the school? how do you find it? do you need to be there with her while she has lessons?

shannon:
i also considered crestar at marine parade but dint put my girl there cuz of timing. more importantly, i was unable to find any reviews abt the place or teachers.

your niece, is she also with crestar safra tampines?</font>

No my niece is with Crestar Woodlands. My sis said her teacher is very good and has been following up with my niece.

I went marine parade too but service so so only. Didnt get to see the teacher. Soooooo many girls learning ballet. Didnt really want to let my girl learn but becos she keep pestering too.

<font color="aa00aa">shannon:
i see.

ya.. my girl has also been telling me that she wants to learn ballet. thats why i am looking around, and thats like after more than 6 months of pestering from her then i relent.</font>

p si
my gal since last dec..... so coming a yr i like it coz anytime i ask the principal or teacher hw my gal they can give me an update n since nw the performance drawinf nearer they got foc training lesson..... and generally my gal is happy there..... n their teachers are quite acomplished teachers......

during lesson parents can wait outside we cant go in n see.... but now the principal let us in to see the performance near the near of class but not all the time.......

each lesson is abt 45min but usually a bit longer..... then charges quite reasonable......

Hi sheris,

I called Legrand today and spoke to Ms NG whom she said she is the principal. She invited me to join the sat class for viewing. She needs to access my girl first cos she is just 2 yrs 7mths. Baby ballet starts at 3.

Anyway her charges are cheaper then Crestar. Now I just hope the environment is good. By the way, does the teacher follow up from baby ballet to classic ballet? I mean if it is same teacher? She said got 2 teachers rotating if I heard her correctly.

shannon mom

yup yup that's the principal.... there is onli 1 dance studio so gg in n out in between 2 classes may be a bit chaotic but the teachers are nice....

rotating meaning both teachers are in charge of the same classes... at times u see both or one or the other during lesson.....

sat class shld be at 11.15-12pm for bb ballet.... then after tt is pre ballet then is ballet grade 1 so on... the teachers there are the same few so gd chance they may follow the student up the grade.... also there are other dance type offered by the sch.... but one thg this prinicpal if she see the student not attending regular or not interest in the class she may ask the person to leave the school......

btw the details
Le Grand School Of Dance
Blk 201E Tampines St 23 #03-104 Singapore 527201
Tel : 6260 2692

<font color="aa00aa">sheris, shannon:
happy.gif
thanks!

I also called up the school and spoke to ms ng. i would most likely be making a trip down on friday evening.

ms ng told me about the performance thats coming up. i dropped by yesterday too.. the school compound seems small.

but i will mostly likely let my girl take up the thurs slot from 615-7pm. </font>

psi
yup there is onli 1 dance studio but think most impt is the lesson n teaching tt our girls get...... no point having big place but not dedicated teachers
happy.gif

hi mommies, i just enrolled my daughter yesterday at Le Grand, she'll be attending a free class on saturday to asses if she can join their recital at the end of this year, but she will be attending a thursday 6:15-7pm class...

That is good
happy.gif

I actually went for the sat class. A lot of students cos they are preparing for the concert end of the year.

One elder girl hold my girl hand and guide her along but she run so fast that my girl hit her head against the ballet bar. So she cried and refuse to join the class.

I find the class too big and nothing much can be done within 45mins. The 2nd teacher looks more like Mrs Ng older student. Anyway it could be becos they are preparing for concert.

Mrs Ng said Thur lesson will be better but weekdays are too rush for me.

So I still looking for ballet school
sad.gif

ya the year end concert at 4 dec tt's y not very gd choice to join nw...... coz they focus on the concert for sat n sun classess.......

though the lesson is 45min but usually more than that.....

shannon mom

so haf u managed to find a ballet sch for your gal? my gal is 3... also thinkin of signin her up for ballet... but jus wana try out... cos dunnoe if she ll b realli interested in.. keke... anyone bring their gals to learn ballet at Community centres? any recommendations for anywher in the east?

In the end, I enrolled her in bebe ballet at Crestar Tampines Safra. The teacher assess her and think she is fine to join cos the class is for 3 - 4yrs old and come Mar 09 then she will be 3.

She is enjoying herself. The class only got 6 pp. But I may still change school later next year. I still find it too commercial, will monitor and see how. If her promotion to next class is smooth and not like what Sheris said then good lor. BTW, there is no make up class if we miss it. Dont know if other school will such issue.

I wanted to enrol her at Tampines CC but again not enough students so cannot open class.

shannon mom
good to hear tat ur gal enjoy herself at her class... onli 6 ppl is good mah, the teacher can pay more attention to everyone. so wat she learn so far? too commercial as in? so whn u enrol her ... is it a mus to get the ballet costumes n shoes? if yes, its ard how much huh? thanks...

For the first 2 classes, I sit in to watch. The teacher will teach some movements and bending exercise through songs. So when back home, sometimes I ask her to practise.

But last week, teacher told me parents are actually not allow in class. So now I cannot watch and my girl dont really tell me much on what they learn.

I find it too commercial cos it is class after class. So teacher dont really have time to feedback on my girl performance in class. I dont see her talking to the parents. Maybe I got to ask?

It is a must to wear ballet costumes and shoes. Shoes are exp, around $30. Costumes I think is around $20 plus cos the school gave me a coupon for free leotard or tutu, cannot remember.

They are starting a babe ballet class 1pm on Sat soon. I might transfer my girl to that class. The school told me including my girl, there are only 4. If you are interested, you can ask for a free trial.

I understand cc one dont have to wear costume. Maybe later stage (classical ballet?) then need.

shannon mom
really thanks for sharing... hope tat ur gal will continue happy learning her ballet... !
i most prob will enrol her at the yamaha sch for the bebe ballet too... more convinent for me, timing also jus nice for me cos i got to work...
mayb u can try askin the teacher once in awhile how ur gal progress loh... sure can spend 1 or 2 mins tokin to u bah? hee....
CC mostly is for 5 yrs old onwards hor? those 3 yrs old wan not much classes leh... if not i ll let her try out ther also... cos cheaper... c is she realli interested anot first...

Hi Lovell,

Saw your blog and have a few qts to ask u.

1) Now my girl is only 2 yrs 9mths and she is in Bebe ballet. So how is she going to get promoted to next level - Pre ballet? Got test? Or just promote when she reach 4 yrs old?

2) It seems like at Crestar, if there is not enough students, they wont open a class. So will there be a time when my girl can be promoted but no class for her to attend?

3) How and what should I consider when deciding if I should let my girl continue with ballet?

4) For Bebe ballet, does she need to practise at home? Or it is more like enjoying the music, dance will do?

I enrol her because she likes 12 dancing princess and wanted to dance like them. For me, it is more like for her to enjoy dancing.

5) I read that blog on parents standing outside the classroom will cause distractions. So how can I know what my girl is learning so as to correct her at home when and if she practise? Normally the classroom only come with a small door window, no other way to hide myself.

6) Is it ok for me to ask teacher about my girl performance in class?

Any other information that you think I should know is welcome too.

Thanks for your time

My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old. Is there any western dance classes which take in kids of this age? I stay at Tampines so would be interested in dance classes in the East. Anybody aware of this plz post. Thanks in advance

Just sharing my experience.

1) Now my girl is only 2 yrs 9mths and she is in Bebe ballet. So how is she going to get promoted to next level - Pre ballet? Got test? Or just promote when she reach 4 yrs old?

<font color="0000ff">My girl joined Bebe Ballet when she turned 3 in June. She has just been transferred (by the teacher) to another class which will be graduating from Bebe Ballet in March and progressing to Pre-Ballet thereafter. </font>

2) It seems like at Crestar, if there is not enough students, they wont open a class. So will there be a time when my girl can be promoted but no class for her to attend?

<font color="0000ff">Usually this is the case. But you can try asking for a class if you can gather enough students. They might be willing to open a class upon request, subject to the availability of dance teachers. </font>

3) How and what should I consider when deciding if I should let my girl continue with ballet?

4) For Bebe ballet, does she need to practise at home? Or it is more like enjoying the music, dance will do?

<font color="0000ff">My girl never practices at home. When she's happy, she'll just show us a few moves. Other than that, nothing.</font>

5) I read that blog on parents standing outside the classroom will cause distractions. So how can I know what my girl is learning so as to correct her at home when and if she practise? Normally the classroom only come with a small door window, no other way to hide myself.

<font color="0000ff">You can check with the teacher directly on this.</font>

6) Is it ok for me to ask teacher about my girl performance in class.

<font color="0000ff">Why not?</font>

Hi Mummies,

I'm looking for a good ballet class in the East for my 3+ gal who has been bugging me to no end for ballet lessons.

Any feedback on Crestar at marine parade? I called them up but all I can say is that their admin staff not very polite or helpful. So far, not a good impression. They don't do trial classes so have to look for feedback.

Anyone tried the Jitterbugs ballet classes?

bean, I had a look at your blog... the gals all look so cute and I can tell you are a really dedicated teacher. Which branch are you at?

Pl PM me if you have any info to share. Thanks!

At marine parade crestar, has many teachers. If looking at bebe ballet courses. There are some very dedicated teachers like Ms June Lee which her new classes are always on waiting list, or Miss Xu who is also a dedicated teacher there. I m also a teacher from crestar but i do not teach babe ballet level. But these two teachers are really good.
So maybe you can consider them. But do call up to check on their timings.
Take care!

Hi SalvagingRoad,

Thanks very much for that helpful info. I will give them a call and check it out. Very much appreciated.

<font color="aa00aa">Happen to chanced upon this thread and so happy coz i'm looking for ballet class for my girl whom will turn 3 yrs next mth. And now i know where to look for the ballet class for 3yrs old kid.
Btw, if any mummies got know any CC having ballet class for 3yrs old at North area, pls let me know.</font>

Hi Shanon mom,
Is your daughter still with Crestar tampines safra ? I am consiering wither Tamines Mall or Safra. My girl turning 3 end next month.

Yes she is still at Tampines Safra. Though Tampines Mall will be a better place for me and hubby to do shopping while waiting for her. However the carpark is horrible, always packed.

Tampines Safra got nothing much, we just spend our time waiting in a cafe.

If you have a 2nd child, you can enrol 1 child in ballet and another child in another class at the same time. That is what my sis did in woodland branch. I have yet to find out what other course Tampines Safra has at the same time. (It is a bit small, compare to the rest)

As for the teacher, I did not check out the Tampines Mall classes.

Hi shanon mom, does it mean crestar teacher is so far so good?
Actually safra is nearer to my home too. But i thought there would be more option for me if i want to enrol my 2nd daughter in another class/course at the same time.

Called le grand, but the principal sound so yaya kelapa. She said, they don't anyhow accept students, the 'trail lesson' ia actually for THEM to assess my child!!!.
Don't really want to put to much tress into it. Just want my daughter to enjo herself and not too stresses up with exams.

hi i enrol my girl in crestar civic centre for beeb ballet starting next week., any comment on that? do u girl buy your own costume ?
the school tells me that the person will come down measure and then the costume may be given out few lesson later... I ask her how come not take measurement 1st then when lesson start they can wear... she say the person is busy to come..
Its a ridiculous excus right then say just wear tights come if costume not ready... then in the 1st place where should i buy the costume if wearing tights is ok for the class...
anyone can advise?

and what do they teach? can we stay in? i dun like the front counter girls attitute, when i ask abt the teacher just say its local and full stop...

Hi sook,

So far my girl teacher ok, just that she dont seems to feedback a lot. My girl just enjoy the classes.

Hi becky cat,

When I enrol, the school pass me a uniform vendor name card and ask me to go buy the uniform myself.

My girl teacher teaches some postures/dance steps to those children music. Through these, they also learn to be more flexible using their bodies.(dont know if I describe them correctly)

I only stay in the first few classes then cannot stay liao, kanna chase out.

hi shannon.
tks for some tips...yes she gave me the vendor list too but when she pass to me she say u can go buy yourself if you are kiasu parent,,,

hi shannon,
which vendor did you go? must be call them and see if they got stock or just pop in>? do u knoe whether their prices the same as all vendor?

many thanks

I am so lucky to chance upon this thread. Anyone can share good contacts for ballet class in the west.

Tampines is too far for my 3 year old gal.

Hi Mummies,

Sorry would like to "borrow" tis thread as I've got a gd condition ballet costume (Size S) to let go.
Keen parties, pls pm me for the pixs.

Measurements :-

1) Shoulder to crouch 48.5cm
2) Armhole to armhole 27cm
3) Wasit 24cm
4) Shoe size 9D, 15cm approx

Purchased from Sonata.

hi . just kinda curious .. do these ballet classes take in young adults as well ? coz both my 12 yr old and 18 yrs old gals are keen in joining .. just not too sure if the schs out there take in students at this age ..

hi! anybody looking for good Grade 5 ballet teacher in Bt Batok area? As i found a very good teacher is currently teaching grade 6 ballet in Bt Batok area, and I’ve checked with her that she will only start a class with at least 4 students. At the moment, my girl and her friend are waiting to joint in, should anybody interested, pl contact me asap.. my contact no. 62632726.

Back