Baby refuse to drink from bottle for 3 weeks now, please help

Tammyxbunz

Transitioned from breast milk after 6 months, and now baby is being taken care at home by my parents. For past 3 weeks, he refused to drink from bottle and even when I tried giving him bottle at night he refused. For past 3 weeks only once or twice he drank from bottle.

Have tried : Philip Avent, ComoTomo, Pigeon, Medela.
Milk powder : Have tried Nestle, Enfamil

I'm desperate for solution! anyone has any idea? his weight is dropping steadily too.

At night, will breastfeed at around 10pm, 2am and 5am. Daytime, parents will make a little bit of cereals (Friso), a litle bit of Belamy ready made puree, and fresh avocado/banana here and there.

I read the recommended milk intake for 6 months old is around 800ml, so I am really worried that my baby not even close to that.

not sure how much and how frequent ur parents prepare solid food for ur baby but could it be ur bb is full after all these solid food? solid food takes longer to digest n bb's appetite is small.

don't worry so much about the milk intake, that depends a lot on individual bb.

milk bottle wise, i think is all the same. more impt is the teat. does bb need to use a lot of effort to suck, then the hole is too small. just cut the hole bigger, u can continue to use the same bottle.

maybe u can try to not feed bb with solid food for 3-4 hours and try feed bb with milk. if bb try a few mouthful then reject the milk and is not because of the hole being too small or big, then probably u have to try different milk powder. if bb drink, then u know previously bb was not hungry.

btw, how much weight loss for the past 3 weeks?

Back