Baby poo

Exercise the legs. Like hold it close to his/her chest then straighten gently while coaxing the baby to push.

I guess your baby very young, need help to push out hard poop. Happened to mine too..

I remember 2 or 3 yrs ago my LO was crying intensively when carry her and realize she had difficulty in pooing. In the end, we laid her down on the table and look at the anus that the poo was stuck at the entrance. I was so panic that don't know what to do and lucky thing was my hubby was with me. We did not use finger to pull it out. Instead my hubby hold her leg open n close, straighten and bend like what karoosel mentioned. In the end, the poo did came out. The poo was big that's why it stuck and unable to release. That was one of the greatest memory ever since my LO came to the world 4 years ago.

Hehehe.. Lostkitty is right, once you see it, you will never forget

I learned a tip from my own mom then. She told me that when i was a baby, she keeps a stock of glycerin suppository in the fridge. If i dont poop on the 3rd or 4th day, she pops one in (up my butt!) then wait for the party to come out :p

I bought a box of glycerin suppositories from guardian. Keep it in the fridge otherwise it's too slippery to handle. When my daughter was 3mos old, i would cut it in half then pop on the pointed side. Dont worry, it wont hurt the baby :)

Nope, the glycerin will just lubricate so baby can push out the hard poop. We had to use it coz i saw baby straining and crying plus some traces of blood from the lining :( that freaked me out. Lucky my mom has presence of mind. She said i was the same :p

Glycerin will come out with the poop. Be prepared for a huge load though.. Depends how long baby didnt poop.

So insert the suppository (half will do), keep baby's legs together for a few seconds, put diaper back on, prepare for clean up :)

I used the suppository if baby hasnt pooped for around 4days. She's turning 2 soon and we havent used suppository on her since before she turned 1.

Back