Baby blocked nose

Rina17

Hello Mummies,
My 11weeks old baby is having blocked nose, illiadin seem to cause more liquid in the nose, so i stop using it. Went to pd yesterday and was given Sterimar.
Anybody have any other tips to relieve the blocked nose?Thank you.

Hello Mummies,
My 11weeks old baby is having blocked nose, illiadin seem to cause more liquid in the nose, so i stop using it. Went to pd yesterday and was given Sterimar.
Anybody have any other tips to relieve the blocked nose?Thank you.

Does baby sleep in air conditioning room? If so, turn it off?

My baby girl has the same nasal blockage from birth until 6th week. We tried illaidin, strrimar, snot sucker and none helped until I decided to install a ceiling fan and turn off air conditioning in her nursery. She’s now 7th week old and hasn’t had a blockage since.

I’ve sent her to pd before for consultation and they said this is common for new borns and was told to wait it out. They mostly won’t give any meds for babies under 6m.

Yup turn off the air con and use fan instead. If too humid, you turn the air con to 25 or 26 and on the ceiling fan to the lowest. I have the same prob with my twins when they were younger. When we slp at in laws with air con they usually come back with mucus but at home no prob cuz we use ceiling fan. When i raised this to dr then dr advise to on fan lowest when on air con so that the air circulate better ard the room. I tried and it works for them. So perhaps u can try.

Wrt medication, below 6M dr rarely give meds. Have to rely on breastfeeding. Let baby latch so that baby’s saliva give signal to mommy’s body to produce necessary ‘meds’ through mommy’s milk. Alternatively.. can feed steamed pear when start solid. After 6M flumicil works wonder to minimise phlegm. Hope this helps.

You can use any of the tips such as
  1. Hit the shower. Taking a hot shower can help decrease nasal congestion.
  2. Try a saline spray.
  3. Flush out the sinuses.
  4. Apply a warm compress.
  5. Try eucalyptus oil.
  6. Take allergy medicine.
  7. Use a decongestant.
  8. Use a humidifier.

Back