!<b>Feedbacks on Yio Chu Kang Chapel Kindergarten</b>

YCKC ok..
I would say that English teachers are gd. Chinese are all china teachers.
Totally no spelling for Nursery &amp; K1 except K2.

Hi jeni,

Their curriculum is ok but they disciplined the kids well. The teachers are not bad, and my gal is happy in school. Only thing I don't like is the food given during snack time, cooked food is given twice a week, cakes or sugar bread are given on the other 3 days.

My boys used to study there, the teachers are great esp 张老师who is extremely patient with kids.... The only thing that I hate is the lady principal.... She totally stuck up &amp; she recognizes kids by the cars driven by their parents!!!

Hi pingping,

I totally agreed that the school fees are too high.... can you imagine there was a period that I have to pay for both my boys school fees at the same time (their age gap is 2 years)....

It was a tough period cos I enrolled them for the enrichment classes so that they dun missed out too much in classes...

Hi gobby,

I can understand the financial load is even heavier on you as you hv 2 kids at YCKC. I let my daughter take up 1 enrichment class but I don't see much improvement on her, and I hv terminated her enrichment class for the next term.

Luckily, I managed to enrol my son to PCF which is near my place for K1 next yr. Otherwise I wanted to enrol my son to YCKC thinking that their curriculum is ok until my discovery of their lacking curriculum in May. I am more satisfied with the private enrichment classes that my daughter is taking now. The prices are more affordable and I feel she learn more.

Ping, I'm also at Fernvale, my boy used to attend Kindertots at Fernvale LRT. But I withdrew him after his favorite teacher resigned. Now he is at Living Sanctuary Kindergarten, no regrets at all. It's a wonderful kindergarten, and all teachers &amp; principal are so loving towards the kids. It's a little far, half an hour ride on Bus 854. But it's all worth it.

Hi Tigress,

Long time no "see". I know u re in Fernvale. Thanks for sharing on LSK. Gd to hear that yr son enjoys his time in LSK. I hv heard a lot of gd reviews on LSK, n they hv won an award in MOE. I did consider LSK for my gal last yr but they hv no vacancies n it was too far for me. As I hv a younger son to take care of &amp; I hv no helper, so distance matters to me.

LSK's fees are cheap, right? How much do you pay per term?

Sorry for late reply. Didn't log in for quite some time. The fees for LSK is $660 per term for nursery. I think K1 &amp; K2 is about $50 more as there is computer class. LSK has become more popular after they got a distinction from MOE, the waiting list is very long now. I'm very glad I put him there since last year, if not he won't be able to get a place new year.

I almost put my boy at YCK Chapel. I went for their open house 2 years back, I quite like the place and the teachers. But I have to agree that the principal is kind of arrogant, I wasn't too comfortable with her.

Any recommendations by mummies/daddies in forum for pre-nursery or enrichment programmes around YCK area?

I stay along YCK road, nearer to AMK side.

Tks v much!

I do not agree that the principal of LSK is arrogant. She is very friendly and is always wearing a smile on her face. I still remembered my mother's experience of my daughter attending her first orientation for Pre-Nursery in 2009 Oct. My mother rememebered the smiling face of that lady who interacts with children. It was later on that I told my mother that was the school principal and my mother remembered her as the lady who likes to interact with children. Secondly, when both my husband and I took leave to bring my daughter to LSK on the date of her birthday this year, we were late and the assembly had ended by the time we arrived. All the children had returned back to class. We entered via the office and the principal was so kind to offer to let us sing the birthday song for my daughter in her classroom together with her teacher. Later on, she offered to bring both my husband and I around the school to look at the learning centers and even explained to us how to make the learning materials and answered questions for us. I can only say that the principal has excellent leadership to lead the teachers to win 2 MOE distinction awards for the Living Sanctuary Kindergarten in 2010. Thus, I have to give my 2 thumbs up to LSK. I do not wish to disclose which level my child is in currently.

Hi sepbaby,

Think you have got the wrong message....we were commenting on YCK principal and not LSK.....

Sepbaby,

Pls read the postings carefully. Like what gobby said, we are commenting on YCK principal, not LSK. Also the thread heading is abt YCK and not LSK. In fact, I am writing positive comments on LSK in my previous posting.

I had many bad experiences with this YCK. I sent my two kids there. The teachers there were helpful at all and the Principal only smiles and helpful to those who drives big branded car. My younger kid was been kicked out of the school cos no one made an effort to help him adjust to the school in that 6 weeks. When I transferred him to another school, he only took 3 days to settle down. Not only that, information related to my husband and myself were totally different. They told me deposit will only refund if the kids continued to K2 but to my hubby was if given 1 month notice. My elder kid currently been attending the lessons but I dun see improvement and often works unmarked.

Hi piglet pooh to my understanding we only need to give the school one mth notice to get back the refund. I had read the school booklet n it's written one mth notice too.

Am intending to enrol my son in yck chapel kindergarten. Appreciate feedback who has kids schooling there... Thanks

Back