August 2023 Mummies!

Hi all, when should we start to find confinement nanny? Thanks!
I think this is dependant on whether you have a specific one to hire. If you have a specific nanny you want to engage then best to do it ASAP to "lock in" your slot.
I personally haven't decided if I will be hiring one as there is space constraints in my current house. But I honestly think I cannot cope on my own as my experience with my first born was quite terrible after my nanny left after 28 days.

I think this is dependant on whether you have a specific one to hire. If you have a specific nanny you want to engage then best to do it ASAP to "lock in" your slot.
I personally haven't decided if I will be hiring one as there is space constraints in my current house. But I honestly think I cannot cope on my own as my experience with my first born was quite terrible after my nanny left after 28 days.

thanks! I’m a FTM so I dont even know what to look out for in a confinement nanny or what to ask. I only know I need to start n book one asap. Lol.

thanks! I’m a FTM so I dont even know what to look out for in a confinement nanny or what to ask. I only know I need to start n book one asap. Lol.
Maybe you can consider things like her history/experience, whether she can/will cook and/or do simple chores? Before engaging one, find out what they expect from you also.
If still not too sure, go to an agency. I'm sure they will ask you what you require and discuss from there.
The nanny I hired for my firstborn was by recommendation but she is now retired. She was a pretty good cook and would help out with simple chores like baby's laundry and mopping. She tags along for marketing coz my husband clueless what to buy. She like superhuman coz she took care of baby 24/7 and didn't request for any specific downtime from me. I didn't attend any antenatal classes so she also taught me everything like bathing baby and changing diapers.

Thanks everyone! I’ve reached out to a nanny recommended by a friend. Hope she will be a good match for us.

How many days of confinement are you all doing? Usually is 28 days right? Some mums do 40 days? How many days can we do?

Anyone considering going to those stay-in confinement centres? Quite expensive and wondering if it’s worth it.

Hi All Aug 2023 mommies! I am a first time mommy to be as well. Was told my EDD is in Aug 2023. I wanted to ask if anyone know of good infant care in Jurong West and can I put myself on waiting list even before the baby is out?

Hi All Aug 2023 mommies! I am a first time mommy to be as well. Was told my EDD is in Aug 2023. I wanted to ask if anyone know of good infant care in Jurong West and can I put myself on waiting list even before the baby is out?
From what I remember, to register for a place or wait list, need to go through ECDA website and one of the requirement is the child's birth cert no. which can only be obtained after a child is born. Not sure if there are centres which does not require you to register with ECDA. I suggest you check with the centre directly if there is/are any you are interested in.

Hi I would like to join! I'm a first time mom, working full time and am currently 12 weeks. Edd Aug 18. How do I join your chat group?

Sharing these deals!

Attachments

• V-day.jpg
    V-day.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 61
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-27 at 09.25.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-27 at 09.25.53.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 78
Hi all

I posted the first message then sweetiemummy created a chatgroup, but I don't know how to join it - I contacted her, but no news :( Does anybody know if there is indeed a chatgroup?

It would be great to share tips etc.

Back