ARSA baby

Mrs Maisal

Need some help from fellow mummies as on ARSA detected in week 20th scan with no other concerns. I also did my NIPT at week 10 which showed Low risk for DS
Wanted to reach out to check on some of the precautions or any advise on ARSA in infants or toddlers ? How has your experience been .. any information would be deeply appreciated as there is barely any information on the web :(

My boy was detected with arsa too at 20th week scan and it seems quite common though and he was born with no problems and now a healthy cheerful 30months old boy. Don't worry too much since ur NIPT test showed low risk.

hi all,
my wife is pregnant with twins. now at week 15. one of the twins is diagnose wif ARSA. we did oscar and harmony and its show low risk. but because its twins, the accuracy for harmony is only 94%,

doc suggest amino but we worried abt the miscarriage part.

any advice?

Thanks in advance

Hi Maisal, I hope all is well. We went for the ultra scan today and the doctor told us that our baby have ARSA too, and she recommend us to go for amnio to check for DS and Digeorge syndrome. Our previous blood test has shown that the risk of DS is 1 in 6000. But with the ARSA, it becomes 1 in 300. So, we hesitate if we should go fort Amnio. Dr has told us that another test is Harmony test which is 95% accurate for DS but only 75% accurate for Digeorge Syndrome. So we are really struggling with the decision to go for which test.

And even if we go for Amnio, how are we going to deal with the result. :(:(. I hope someone with similar experience can share what they did here. Thx

Last edited:
Dear lovely mom,

NT scan at 12 weeks shown no risk.. however 20th week anamoly scan shown a tiny echogenic intracardiac focus in left ventricle of heart which is a soft marker for down syndrome. Our little angel is doing fine in terms of all measurements except this . Following this doctor advised to do a NIPT harmony test. We did this and results came out as high risk (99%). Doctor advised to do amniocentesis to confirm Down syndrome as it’s a diagnostic test whereas NIPT is just a screening test. As am in 21st week doing this invasive test will harm my baby as there is a mild chance of miscarriage. Also doing this test as mentioned by doctor is to terminate pregnancy or prepare ourselves mentally strong for a Down syndrome baby . We decided to keep our baby, she is gifted to us and no matter what happens she is ours. Any one who undergone this similar situation but any miracles happened later that is baby born without Down syndrome or the soft marker cleared on its own during subsequent scanning? My baby has nasal bone present and she is fine with all measurements . She was sucking her cute little thumb in last scan. Any words of hope and guidance greatly appreciated,!

Dear all,

Did you all proceed with the amnio test? Is it painful and risk? I just did my week 20 scan and doctor detect ARSA to my first baby girl. I am very sad as it is my first baby, why it happen to me. My first trimester screening did show high risk, however my harmony test show low risk and I feel relief thought no issue. But this scanning hit me hard again as I being told my baby have ARSA. Now I also feel lost what I should do.

My boy was detected with arsa too at 20th week scan and it seems quite common though and he was born with no problems and now a healthy cheerful 30months old boy. Don't worry too much since ur NIPT test showed low risk.

Hi, I’m so relieved to hear that your boy is healthy despite ARSA. Did you encounter any feeding problems though?

hi all,
my wife is pregnant with twins. now at week 15. one of the twins is diagnose wif ARSA. we did oscar and harmony and its show low risk. but because its twins, the accuracy for harmony is only 94%,

doc suggest amino but we worried abt the miscarriage part.

any advice?

Thanks in advance
Hi, may I know if you ended up doing Amniocentesis?

Back