April 2018 Mummies

I’ve been having headaches for the last 3 days...it has been a dull pain and I’ve tried most remedies. I’ve also taken 1 dose of Panadol yesterday but didn’t help either. So helpless at this point

Hi it’s normal to have headaches during pregnancy. For me, I just try to lie down & get some rest. Minimize the amount of light exposure on your eyes, cuz that tends to worsen the headache. I tried compressing my forehead with ice pack, and it helps too. Get well soon!

thanks for your reply. anyway tat day already went ahead to eat liao. I checked with them whether they put any cheese, they said no. haha but I find that I don't like to eat creamy sauce now.:p

Just went for a pre natal class at Mt A. The dietitian said that a COOKED carbonara/creamy pasta should be fine for us preggies. But she doesn’t recommend us to eat this outside, as the creamy sauce is made uncooked (as in they just whisk the eggs). So if you really crave for creamy pasta, perhaps got to prepare it yourself. And it’s safer for you & BB too

Just went for a pre natal class at Mt A. The dietitian said that a COOKED carbonara/creamy pasta should be fine for us preggies. But she doesn’t recommend us to eat this outside, as the creamy sauce is made uncooked (as in they just whisk the eggs). So if you really crave for creamy pasta, perhaps got to prepare it yourself. And it’s safer for you & BB too

Haha but i hv alrdy went ahead to eat liao. Anyway thanks for the info :) will take note.

hi mummies! u guys planning on taking pregnancy insurance? first time mum here. any advice? :)

Hello Sunshine mummy!

How many weeks pregnant are you now? I can introduce you my agent from AIA. You have my word that she’s really not pushy. It’s alright if at the end of the day you feel that the product doesn’t suit you.

I just heard from her that AIA is gonna launch an improved maternity package in Jan that covers IVF which I thought was very special! It also covers conditions like Down syndrome and dyslexia.

Anyone went for hair cut/trim? I did went for a hair trim before i enter the 3rd mth. After tat i googled and read somewhr about those myths.
Now my hair is messy again. Feel like goin to salon to trim my hair. :rolleyes: But nt sure ok or not.. coz of those myths..

During my 3 pregnancies, I trim my hair at salon every 2-3 months. Nothing happens.
What myths did you heard , mind sharing ?

I think it’s ok to trim hair. Unless u go for chemical hair treatment which might travel down your bloodstream, can be harmful to baby. I also trim my hair every few months. Especially nearing to 3rd semester, I will sweat easily.

I think it’s ok to trim hair. Unless u go for chemical hair treatment which might travel down your bloodstream, can be harmful to baby. I also trim my hair every few months. Especially nearing to 3rd semester, I will sweat easily.

Yup will go for hair trim only.. no chemical.
;)

Hi mummies.. Im due in April and have yet to secure any CL due to suspected baby abnormality previously. Anyone has any contacts of PEM agency CL who are also doing freelancing? Or any ad hoc CL will do. Thanks. :)

Haha.. Sometimes we have sudden craving and then after that no more. Our babies have their preference too. Cheese should be ok, except for blue cheese which might contain harmful bacteria. Check out the website for your easy ref.
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x3175/is-it-safe-to-eat-cheese-during-pregnancy

Try harder cheeses like cheddar. Not the soft ones. Here's a list of foods that may have listeria (bacteria). https://www.foodsafety.gov/poisoning/causes/bacteriaviruses/listeria/index.html

Thanks for the info. I am taking cheese slices with pasturised milk ones. My toddler has been taking it too.

Which brands of cheese do you eat? Laughing cow or kraft? Last time i want to buy but no indication whether is pasturised or no. Can we just eat the cheese without heat toasting?

Which brands of cheese do you eat? Laughing cow or kraft? Last time i want to buy but no indication whether is pasturised or no. Can we just eat the cheese without heat toasting?
No need to toast. For pregnancy you can try Mainland cheese, if you want something different from cheese slices - Edam, Gouda, Jarlsberg.

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/...tId=97826&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10051

For toddlers though, perhaps sticking to cheese slices is best. Because they are slightly softer; easier to eat.

I bought the Lemnos brand. Can buy from Ntuc. Yes, it’s stated pasturised milk in the ingredients. I normally put the cheese on the bread and eat directly from the fridge. U can also toast it if you like it warm.

Couple of months back, i went through the entire section of sliced cheese at NTUC cos I became a little health conscious and was putting on weight faster than expected. So with whatever I analysed, Laughing cow Light (light blue coloured pack) is the healthiest - in terms of fat content, sodium and calcium.

To: Jellynova, iLuv7 and Storm.before.the.rainbow

Thanks you guys for the recommendation and info, I will check it out. =)

By the way, any mummies here went for whooping cough vaccine ? My gynae suggest that I get vaccine in my next appt but it’s up to me. I am still considering whether I should take or not.. afraid of the side effects on the fetus. But also afraid what if I suay suay got the whooped cough virus as it is contagious.

To: Jellynova, iLuv7 and Storm.before.the.rainbow

Thanks you guys for the recommendation and info, I will check it out. =)

By the way, any mummies here went for whooping cough vaccine ? My gynae suggest that I get vaccine in my next appt but it’s up to me. I am still considering whether I should take or not.. afraid of the side effects on the fetus. But also afraid what if I suay suay got the whooped cough virus as it is contagious.

My gynae never suggest for this. I guess it depends on gynae to access.

Am at abt 25 weeks. Wondering wat is the diffetence between these 3 feelings - read somewhere that may start to feel contractions.

1. Baby kick - a quick tug?
2. Baby move - fluttering movement?
3. Contractions - like a squeezing feeling?
I cant exactly differentiate.

Hi All,

I have a really nice and good confinement lady to recommend. Anyone who is going to deliver after cny or march, can let me know so i can pass you her contacts.

I got to know her from my Mum’s good friend as she has already helped a few of my Mum’s friends daughther to take care of th during their confinement and all give very good feedback so i try using her and it was really good.

she is very experience and took very great care of my baby. She also helped my me slim down my tummy a lot with her secret recipe. Really thanks her so much.

All the best to 2018 Mummies!

Im on my 31st week now. Getting heavy and clumsy... o_O

Need some advice on sterilisers. Seems UV steriliser is convenient and easy to maintain but not sure if it emits any radiation... or is it safer to use steam steriliser? Thks in advance :p

Just wanted to check if anyone feels cold easily even when you are pregnant now?

I felt very warm last week and even my husband felt the diff. But now I am back to normal and feels cold easily. My gynae visit is scheduled on 26 aug. Wondering if I should push for it to be earlier.
I feel cold all the time, i am now at 26 weeks. nothing to worry as long as gynae says all is okay and baby growth is normal.

Hi All,

I have a really nice and good confinement lady to recommend. Anyone who is going to deliver after cny or march, can let me know so i can pass you her contacts.

I got to know her from my Mum’s good friend as she has already helped a few of my Mum’s friends daughther to take care of th during their confinement and all give very good feedback so i try using her and it was really good.

she is very experience and took very great care of my baby. She also helped my me slim down my tummy a lot with her secret recipe. Really thanks her so much.

All the best to 2018 Mummies!

Hi Omayi21,

I am presently looking for a confinement lady. May I enquire more on this confinement lady from you pls?

Hello Mummies to be,

I have a BNIB Philips Avent 3-in-1 Steriliser which I would like to let go as I would like to buy UV Steriliser instead. Bought the item in Oct during baby fair. Am letting go at $90 for quick deal, even Qoo10 or pupsik are selling $109+. Please PM me if you are interested! Thanks!

Anyone knows in case of preterm labour, shd I go direct to KKH or TMC? My gynae clinic is at TMC and I plan to deliver at TMC as well. If lets after delivery, baby need to stay in NICU, does TMC arrange to transfer the baby to KKH to NICU? Or must be in TMC? I heard NICU in Private hosp will be very costly. Gonna prepare myself just in case. :)

hello fellow mummies to be.. i've created a private group for us. its only for mothers and not managed by any vendors or suppliers or gov body. personally feel more comfortable seeking support at a non commercialized platform.
let me know if anyone is keen to join!

Hi, I also would like to join any WhatsApp group if there is. Pls let me know. I will be due in late April.

Dear Mummies,

I have a few very experienced confinement nanny/lady to introduce. They're all Malaysian Chinese, also have Indian Confinement Nanny.

One of them is my own mother. She has more than 20 years of experience in taking care of newborn and my own babies too. She is currently booked for April - May & July. Other months are available.

Other aunties are my friends, i knew them for years. Have been helping them to get jobs in Singapore too. Need to check their schedule once you've provide your EDD to me.

They've many years of working experience in Singapore too! They able to cook very tasty confinement food. Take care of the newborn very well (cuz my mother & these aunties are really the expert!) Helping on simple household chores upon request.

Please whatsapp me 98160846 if you need more details. I can provide their photos and info.

Back