Anyone to share Baby Foods for 6mths old baby?

vvng81

Anyone to share Baby Foods for 6mths old baby? Beside porridge, carrot, potato, pumpkin, fish.. what else can I give to him? kindly advise?

hi vivian. My PD gave me a box of nestle cereal starters. My boy is already 10 mths plus and he's eating a lot of others stuff so I don't need it. Do you want it?Could pass it to you if you pass by Tiong Bahru and you can try it out with ur bb.

Dear Mag,

Thanks for the great info.
May I know what is Butternut? Can baby take Red Whole Grain Rice and Gan Pei or not? Kindly advise? Many Thanks

Vivian, u can add some wolfberries(gou qi zi or kei chee) to your porridge tho cos it's good for baby's eyesight & makes the porridge taste naturally gd too.

Zolldoll, i'm just hoping that my boi will learn to appreciate fruits & veg fr young cos I find alot of parents having big problems getting their children to eat veg. Moreover more fruits & veg will lead to a healthier lifestyle. Keeping fingers crossed tat my method will work tho. :p

Dear Mag,

Great Big Thank you for your sharing, can I know what is chinese name for Butternut? is not pumpkin right? How do you cook Butternut beside mentioned from the website? Can I steam it or anyways to reserve it higher nutrition when cooking? I abit stress also come to cooking for baby because I myself dun cook and never hand on in the kitchen, out of sudden want me to cook all these, headache...How I wish there is someone can organise the class for cooking baby foods. I mean Balance Nutritional foods for baby. Ya good idea for the wolfberries, hee hee..many thanks!!!

Hi Vivian, u r most welcome. Dun worry, we're all still learning & hope we can share our experiences.

I dun know wat's the chinese name but if u want u can show the picture to the seller or just tell them "hor lor kim kuay" & they might know but chances not high tho cos butternut is not common in our Asian culture. I just saw that Giant sells them too @ $7/kg.

Butternut is very similar to pumpkin except it's sweeter according to wat i was told. Baking/microwave is the best but u can steam too in order to retain max nutrients. I personally prefer to steam until nuah nuah & mash it then feed but dun know how it'll turn out. Will try first then update u. If my boy is ok wif it then I'll add it into his cereal.

Dun b too stressed cos I'm not a gd cook myself too so I did alot of reading on the net & fr books so still trying out. It isn't as difficult as i thot it would be.

BTW, u SAHM or FTWM?

Hee, i think can give your child some mash apples or bananas too. Try to give fresh fruits and not the bottled ones.

Apples & Bananas:
I intend to hold cos they tend to b quite sweet & can cause cough/phlegm easily fr other mummies' experiences.

Baby Led Weaning:
Sounds really interesting. Will read in detail. Thanks Mrs N.

mummy_j,
Ikan bilis either u grind to powder or after u cook as whole, just remove b4 u feed bb.
Best to grind then at least all nutrients will b consumed.

Zolldoll,
BTW just to share wif u, I've given my boy avocado, butternut, french beans, sweet potatoes, & prunes so far. All mixed wif cereals. How old is your boi now? Mine's turning 8 mths next wed.

Mag,

My boy is now 14 months. He is at the stage whereby he crawls everywhere, is learning to walk, veyr difficult now cos i am pregnant with the second one, and i still gotta run around with my son. He is at this very naughty stage, full of tantrums and sometimes crying and screaming to get what he wants. This pregnancy i hope to have a little girl, but will only know the gender next month.

Thanks mag,

Just seen the gynae yesterday and at 16 weeks still cannot determine the gender as my baby crosses the legs. It has been so each time i visit my gynae. Think i may have to wait for my detailed scan. Ya my boy is seriously hyper and i find it tedious to catch up with him now in this stage. But what to do, i prefer to suffer all at once ha ha..

Yo Zolldoll, I've heard that normally if crossed legs then very high chance it's a gal.
happy.gif

Gezz, not so true for my case inmy first pregnancy. My son also crossed legs and cannot see till the 21 weeks detailed scan. My gynae told me it was 85% girl, but turns out 100% boy in the detailed scan. I have heard bout this crossing legs version, but i still wont be convinced till it is all confirmed. I just cannot wait ha ha..

Hi Viv, I've given my boi blueberry today & he liked it. Will b making yogurt these few days too so can let him try.

Hi Mummies,
just to this with you. My daughter is taking care by my MIL. She adds pumpkin, meat, fish, brocoli, potatoes in her porridge everytime. My gal loves the porridge very much so we do not have any comments so far. One day, we realised that my daughter skin become yellowish and we think that is bcoz she tooks too much pumpkin and we stop this immediately. Although the porridge is really nutricien but think every food to our kids should be moderate. We learn from our mistake and luckily she is ok. :p

Hi Vivian, there are many ways to prepare porridge for BB. My 6.5mth old boy takes brown rice porridge cooked with carrots, a piece of garlic and a dried scallop. I remove the scallop before feeding him. You can mesh the carrot up if you want to give it to BB.

For my own convenience I give him Ella's Kitchen organic baby food together with his porridge.

http://organicbabyandtods.blogspot.com/

Have fun. I am enjoying introducing all the fruits and vege to BB now. It's so lovely to see his big silly smile when he enjoys his food. Oh, he loves to suck the food out from the Ella pouches. So I always carry it with me when we are out, just in case!!

Dear Mag,

Thank you so much for sharing
happy.gif

You are such a resourcful & dedicated mummy by introducing so much good foods for ur boy and make his meal looks so exciting everydays. I saw that you give ur bb french bean,blueberry and homemake prune, may I know how you make it?The french bean izzit the one in e can food where we eat with American breakfast? The blueberry & prune, you grind or blend it into puree izzit? By e way, how do you cook the butternut, i finally bought 1 fr giant but yet to cook, heehee...I am now FTWM, i only can cook it during Sat and Sun
sad.gif
but really want to give my boy to try all nutritional foods and variety is his meal unlike me last time when i was young, iam so picky on foods, i didnt eat alot of thing until today especially green leafy stuffs, during pregnancy, i force myself to swollow it for the sake of my baby.i hope my boy dont follow my bad eating habits
sad.gif
sob sob

<font color="0000ff">Dear Little Hannz,</font>

Thank you for your advise. There was once I also cooked pumpkin into his porridge everydays. Luckily nothing happen to him.

<font color="0000ff">Dear Ange Tan,</font>

Thanks for the organic website, it comes in handy as i will try it when we are out from the house whole day and there is no access to the solid foods as I am still hesitate to let him try the porridge outside
happy.gif
Thank you...

hi everybody here,
I am new so can i seek advice from you all. My bb gal gg to turn 6 mth on 13 this mth and i am gg to start thebrown rice ceral for her but i dont know is this brand good i bought from a ogranic store. Bob's red mill brown rice flour and four leaft baby millet. They said can give together with breastmilk. What brand of organic brown rice are you feeding your bb? And i dont know how to make purees can someone here teach me? Thanks a million.
happy.gif

Hello Eileen,

To make purees:
If you are planning to make pear puree. Remove skin from pear, remove seeds and core. Cut the pear into chunks. Place chunks into a clean pot (ensure there is no oil residue. I suggest you get a brand new pot just for bb's food) Fill just enough boiled water to cover the pear and boil over low heat until the chunks are soft. Let it cool. Once cool, you can either blend them in a blender or mash them with a fork, depending on how your bb likes her food. Some babies like their puree chunky, some prefer it nice and smooth. Let your gal tell you what she prefers.

Hope this info is useful.

Easier solution available here:
http://organicbabyandtods.blogspot.com

hi ange tan,
thanks for your info now i know what is it liao...
Vegi or meat can make into puree? can i store them in a cube form and put in the freezer? What else can i make into purees? Thanks a million
happy.gif

Hi Eileen, you are welcome
happy.gif

Yes, you can puree veges, fruits and meat. However, I don't recommend you to make meat "purees" for freezing. I think it is healthier to eat meat freshly cooked.

As for the fruit and vege puree, yes, you can freeze them in little containers and reheat them for bb for her meals.

Suggested fruit &amp; vege for puree:
Broccoli, carrots, spinach, sweet potato, pumpkin, peas, apples, pear, banana (not suitable for freezing), peaches,strawberries, blueberries.
Just to name a few..

Hi ange,
thanks for your reply. Just to carifly
Broccoli, carrots, spinach, sweet potato, pumpkin, peas, apples, pear, banana (not suitable for freezing)
peaches,strawberries, blueberries ( suitable to put in freezer)

Vivian, thanks for the compliments.

This is a pic of French Bean/Green Bean http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/greenbeansbabyfoodrecipes.htm

Blueberry, u have to boil it b4 blending but can only give after 8mths http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/blueberrybabyfoodrecipes.htm

Dried Prunes u can just blend wif water http://wholesomebabyfood.com/plums-prunesbabyfoodrecipes.htm

Butternut u have to cut it into half, scoop out the seeds, cut into slices then cut the skin away, cannot use peeler for skin cos skin too hard. Boil/steam for 15mins &amp; mash/blend.
http://wholesomebabyfood.com/squashbabyfoodrecipes.htm

Hi Hi Mag,

Thank you so much for sharing ;)

Now I slowly "digest" all the new receipe for my boy boy..hope he likes it.. Thanks so much!!

Hihi all mummies,
I need help. My baby is 6mth old and is her teething period. She refuse to eat her food. I have tried fruits puree, Porridge mix with vegi and fish, plain porridge with my breast milk cearl even porridge blend into like a ceral texture and she cant take ceral now is due to that time she tired Healthy time brown rice ceral and end up constipation she poo poo till got blood and i am forcing her to drink water which having a hard time too. Whenever tired to feed her it became like a war, she will become very angry and cried. I am so helpless now. I need Help!!!!

--
Cheers
Eileen

Eileen,
I had these problems too just 2-3mths back. The only solution I can tell u is u need to use your finger instead of spoon. If this method fails then I advice u to stop all semi-solid feeds for a few days &amp; just give milk. I did finger feed &amp; ever stopped for 5days &amp; after that my boi's appetite came back. Dun worry, baby will not starve. When their appetite comes back, they will eat much more.

Make some prune puree for your baby if constipation.

Vivian,
u r most welcome. Your boi's age very near to mine so u can intro yogurt to your boi already so as to give him additional calcium &amp; followed by cheese.

Hi Mag,
thanks for replying. I did try the finger ya it failed.I thing i will just wait as what you said.
Prune wont cause phlegm? and Thank you very much.

Hi Eileen,
Prune won't cause phlegm, apples &amp; banana will. Prune must add a bit of water when u blend so as to get a smooth consistency.

Normally will take half a day to 1 day for the prune to take effect.

If she cannot sleep well at nite &amp; wakes up crying, mayb u can apply teething gel.

U r most welcome. I hope i'll b able to help u &amp; your baby.

Hi Mag,

May I know what brand &amp; flavour of Yoghurt to give to my boy? I stood in front of the yoghurt session and clueless which one to opt for, at the end, left with empty-handed..hahah...

Hi Vivian,
I gave my boi this http://www.yobabyyogurt.com/products/YoBaby-simply-plain.cfm cos it's plain &amp; safe for babies wif no added sugar. I preferred to add my own fruit purees. But this could only b found @ Thomson Plaza Fairprice Finest ORGANIC SECTION, not dairy section. I've been to >30 supermarkets but couldn't find this, most of them carry this http://www.yoplait.com.au/multipacks.aspx?ID=1096 I din feel comfy wif this cos too many complicated ingredients.

I actually used Yobaby as a yogurt starter to make my own cos too troublesome to buy. If u want, I can teach u how to make. Only need an airtight container, fresh full fat milk &amp; half container of Yobaby yogurt. No need yogurt maker at all.

Back