Anyone deliver in SGH ?

I'm seeing Prof Tan Hak Koon. Very friendly gentleman and reassuring. Man of few words though, but if you ask him anything, he will give you a logical answer. E.g: should I eat over the rack supplements. Answer: it's just the pharmaceutical companies marketing gimmick, but up to you to decide. Etc.. Haha, he's very fun guy lah.

If you are a new mommy with nobody to guide you, Dr Devendra is a good choice. Very informative and helpful doctor.

Good luck!

Hi, mine was Prof Tay Sun Kuie, he is an old and friendly man, always reassures me when i have questions, and is also very encouraging when i have any fears.

When i requested for certain things during my hospital stay, he pushed for it, and urged the nurses to provide them for me.
You can def consider him, though he is v popular, so sometimes, the hospital visits can take a bit more waiting time.

if you need more info, let me know, be happy to share!

I gave birth in SGH too. I do not specify any gynae as I do not have any complications & the overall experience was good.
Necessary test & scans were done & because I asked for a referral letter from polyclinic, I was able to get very good subsidy rates.
During the checkup sessions, the various doctors are friendly & answers my questions & were able to give good advice.
During my delivery, a senior doctor came to assist with the kiwi cup vacuum as I have difficulty pushing out my baby.
Overall feedback is that even though we won't be getting the privilege treatment like in private hospital but everything will still be safe & smooth. Highly recommend for family who want to save cost. Might as well spend the $$ to nurture the coming baby. :)

I gave birth in SGH too. I do not specify any gynae as I do not have any complications & the overall experience was good.
Necessary test & scans were done & because I asked for a referral letter from polyclinic, I was able to get very good subsidy rates.
During the checkup sessions, the various doctors are friendly & answers my questions & were able to give good advice.
During my delivery, a senior doctor came to assist with the kiwi cup vacuum as I have difficulty pushing out my baby.
Overall feedback is that even though we won't be getting the privilege treatment like in private hospital but everything will still be safe & smooth. Highly recommend for family who want to save cost. Might as well spend the $$ to nurture the coming baby. :)

Currently I am seeing a doc in KKH private suite. But hubby and me decide to save costs and opt for subsidize during labour /delivery. Can I know ur total delivery costs in SGH before and after the medisave deductions? You can PM me if you dont mind! Would greatly appreciated it!

Currently I am seeing a doc in KKH private suite. But hubby and me decide to save costs and opt for subsidize during labour /delivery. Can I know ur total delivery costs in SGH before and after the medisave deductions? You can PM me if you dont mind! Would greatly appreciated it!
Hi,
I can only remember that my total delivery + hospitalization cost $1K+ which can be deducted from medisave. I cannot remember the exact amount. Hope it helps.

I'm also seeing Prof Tan Hak Koon. If you ask doctors who they will choose to deliver their own babies, almost all will say Prof Tan (and he does in fact see many doctors and their family members). So that gives you a sense of his surgical skills and experience, and of how the medical community sees him.

That said, when people rate doctors, they usually judge based on how much time the doctors spend with them and how nice they seem. If that's your criteria, then you may not enjoy SGH. The doctors are nice, but the clinics are also packed - so you're in and out in a short time. Prof Tan is also chill, so won't recommend lots of vitamins or tests unless necessary. This works well for me, since I don't like fuss and I appreciate good surgical skills - but other mothers have told me they prefer going to private clinics for the extra attention and service.

Back