Anyone bought Medela breast pump from USA - Does it work in Singapore?

Hi abcdisney

I may be keen to order the freestyle and I'll ask my friend too but what would be the estimated total cost then?

Hi Xenon
Can I check if the freestyle is as noisy as the PIS? I'm currently using the ameda which is quite quiet. Think it's no longer as effective for me now that I've got my 3rd kid. It was very good for my 1st kid.

Hi Absolut,

Freestyle is more quiet than PIS. When I pump in the office, only my colleague who sit next to me hear some slight noise, where the colleague opposite (with low partition) does not even know that I was pumping. There was once when my (lady) boss came over to request something from me, but did not realise that I was pumping.

Hello abcdisney & absolut,
New to this forum, and chanced upon this thread.
I am deciding between the PIS and the freestyle, and would like to join you in your order.

Xenon just mentioned that the PIS is noisy? i am concerned, cos i want to use it in the office.

If the Freestyle as heavy-duty as the PIS? So far, i hear good reviews abt the PIS, and it can last 1-2 years without any problems even with daily pumping.

Absolut, pixy
i am oso thinking abt PIS advanced and freestyle but i guess i am very keen to try freestyle. I am currently renting the PIS advanced and yes it is noisy. However like pixy i am afraid of its durablilty.

International shipping is $55 thus if we get more freestyle i would guess the shippign is cheaper (divided by 3) but i would have to check the internationa shipping if it still stays at $55 but i guess it will cost less than $55 x 3 thus still cheaper to combined. I have oso enquire about GST and that they r able to underdeclare for us so that we will not kena GST.

Maybe lets do a little spree here for those interested in freestyle ($285)/PIS advanced ($215):
1. abcdisney - freestyle ($285) + accessories

If interested pls cut n paste and i will ask how much the international shipping is before we proceed. Alternatively we can go by borderlinx but will kena GST charge. Anyone?

absolut/pixy
i am currently using ameda too. But duno y hard to experience letdown nowadays. That is y i rented a PIS advanced and letdown comes faster n more easily and hence decided to change to medela PIS advanced initally. However chanced upon this thread and then considering freestyle cos feedback seem to say tat power of PIS advanced n freestyle is similiar.

Just wondering any kind souls could allow us to view yr freestyle? Heehee... kindness much appreciated.

i had confirmed with addalittlelove.com. The shipping cost does not increase with addition items or number of breastpumps. Anyone wants to share? $55 for international shipping. If 3 breastpumps, only USD$18.40 = SGD$27.20 each.

1. abcdisney - freestyle ($285) + accessories
2. seahorse - freestyle ($285) + accessories

hi i am keen. will check this thread for updates.
happy.gif

i will b considering.. asking my hubby see wat he says.. coz i only bought the mini electric plus in july.. plus i bought abt 200+ worth of accessories which will not be compatible with freestyle?
in any case.. wat m i to do with the pump!! i got yet another pigeon electric n avent manual.. too many right :S

Hi abc's mummy,
you may wish to reconfirm that the international shipping will stay at $55 no matter how many pumps are ordered.
i asked addalittle love the same question before and found that they use US Postal Service. USPS goes by weight. So the cost of shipping will go up with an increase in the number of pumps (though the increase will be much lesser since addalittlelove can pack the pums into a single large box).
after doing our sums, we found that shipping is still cheaper through vpost.
just my 2 cents....

boyfriend
hmm if that the case prob i will ship via borderlinx. I email the person he say increase by a bit so i duno how much. but before i order i will prob ask him the shipping cost again to decide lor. For shipping to US is $5. Btw did u got charge for GST?

lynn
i told my hb cheaper to buy pump n express than no enuff milk to sustain then hv to buy fm right? hahahaha... one tin of 1.8kg milk which last only 3 weeks cost abnt $55 nw..

Hi ppl, Any idea if the fitting of breast shield for softfit depends on breast size or nipple size?

regards

hi abc mummy

r u still taking orders for the freestyle?

To all mummies who bot the freestyle, can you share if the freestyle is as powerful as the PIS? I read some US reviews that the power (suction) is not as strong as the PIS.

Many thanks
happy.gif

Hi ABC mummy,

Do you still have the username of the person who created the bulk purchase? i got something that i wan to get from her..

Do let me know if u still remember..
Thanks..

hi,

i got a medela pis from drugstore.com and was looking for the step down adaptor.. got this brand called newstar.. cost ~20.40 sgd from home fix.. but noticed that the US adaptor states 120V and not the 110V as per the step down adaptor i bought..

iz this actually ok? i have tried it and it works.. but wondering if it will damage my pump in long run..

any kind mummies can post a picture of the adaptor they buy?

Hi

Just want to find out those who has bought the Medela freestyle breast pump, has anyone of you encountered any problem and need repair. How's the reliability? I'm interested to get my own through the internet.

Appreciate your reply.

Can anyone tell us the specific voltage or model of transformer to use for PISA bought from US.

The guy from DIY shop know nothing.

Thanks

I borrowed one from my colleague and it is a Linksys Model MKD-121000UK. Output: 12V. I am also searching for one of my own so I can return this back. But have not been successful in Courts. PM me if you have any success. Thanks

anyone interested in a brand new Pump in style Advance Shoulder bag version. Comes with original medela local adapter. WIll throw in some freebies too. PM me if keen. =)

Hi Mummies,

I am intending to get Medela Pumps from www.AddALittleLove.com.

Still checking if they are shipping to SG and the charges. Let me know if you are keen.

I will make my order once i get the charges confirmed. We can see if we are split the shipping charges.

Hi m00m00,

Have you check with AddALiitleLove on the shipping charges to SG? I intend to get the freestyle pump but was thinking is it cheaper to ask my sister to get it for me from US as she will be going there in the near future. Any idea if they deliver to hotel in US and what is the shipping cost if deliver within US?

hihi,

can anyone who have used PIS and freestyle before kindly post your experience of which is more "durable" and can stand up to daily pumping?
happy.gif

thanks so much in advance!

Hi all, I just bought a freestyle medela breast pump from US.

I understand that many of u are looking for a suitable power adapter so that your pump can tap on Singapore power supply. Well apparently for the latest breast pump from US, the charger provided is suitable for 100-240V input. Therefore just note that such charger does not need to be have its power converted anymore.

Dun waste money. Look at the print on your charger to verify.

Hi Mummies

I have a new Medela PIS Advance Metro for Sale.
Purchase on impulse from US.

I am already using a Freestyle hence doesnt need a 2nd one.

PM me if keen

I have a preloved Mini Electric too, $ neg.

any body know how to use Vpost to ship the amedea pump purchase in US to SG? i saw the other thread if u order in US, they will only ship within US then how do we use Vpost to ship back singapore?

Hi mummies

I'm thinking of buying a medela freestyle from US and ship over here too. But I don't know whether I should be worried about maufacturing defect since it's only US warranty. Anyone encountered problem with their freestyle bought in US and have to send for repairs?grateful if you can share your experience,thanks!!

I am interested to get the Medela Freestyle Breastpump from US too.
If anyone ordering pumps from US, probably we can pool and share the shipping cost.

hi! i'm interested in getting a medela freestyle pump too!

i calculated since it's abt 3pounds 12 ounces 3kg it probably cost about 50bucks on VPost (used their shipping calculator)

if we mass ship them we can probably cut down the shipping costs!

Hi,
Those who wants to buy Medela Freestyle can check out the baby fair at Taka now.. If i don't remember wrongly, its selling at $799..

Hi..I just bought a freestyle from the US. Paid total price ~$530. I bought 2 extra for my friends who were also expecting,but they decided not to take it. Any one interested to take it off me? There is a 1 year manufacturer's guarantee. Let me know.

Back