Any Yishun mummies club??

Hi Cynthiak,

I am also staying in Yishun at Blk 310.

I am also looking for playgroup for my son who is coming 17th mth old.

I am willing to sign the letter.

Hi, can I join this thread? I'm staying in Yishun too. Can someone recommend me a playgroup in Yishun for 1 year old? Or are there mummies with who would like to form a playgroup,or just meet up and share experience? my child is driving me crazy sometimes.

Hi AlmondZ,

Which area are u staying now? My son is 21mths and he is currently attending toodlers group with MRC learning ctr at blk 291. But we are switching him to Just kids @ Yishun next Jan 09.

hi yishun mum

anyone from khatib? i'm looking for playgroup for my son leh, little green house doesnt have , they only have half day kind. but i'm looking for few hours kind.

anybody knows?

hi janlee, sorry, I haven't been in this thread for some time, my child is 14 months now. I am at blk 200+. If you still visit this thread, can we talk on msn?

I think my child is too young to go to a formal playgroup (those for 18 months and above), I am looking for something like a few mothers or grandparents can bring children to play together.

I stayed overseas for some time briefly, and my church there used to have playgroup (or toddler's time) 2 mornings every week.

Hi Almondz,

I am staying at Blk 310. You can add me to your MSN contact, my email address is [email protected]

My boy is coming to 2 yrs and he is definitely in his terrible 2 but i actually classified it as terror 2... But bear in mind, once they start schooling, they will get sick very often. My boy was constantly having flu and cough almost every mth and we actually start him on fish oil to build up his immune system... so i am monitoring.

My boy enjoys himself very very much in school. My priority is not for him to learn but allow him to mix with his peers and letting him to have connection with other kids.

hi Janlee,
my boy is 26 months old, i intend to enrol him to playgroup, may i know where u put your son for school?

Janlee,

opps sorry, saw your previous post, u are switching your son to just kid. switched already? why u decide to switch it? any comment toward just kid? just kid is just next to my block..
happy.gif

Ethan ,

Jus Kid cc izit the one situated at old yishun town council ? Went there a few mths ago for the opening , it is a new centre but I dun like the centre as it is at 3 or 4th floor which need to climb all the way up as without any lift .

Janlee ,
Added you in my msn list as well . You can add me [email protected]

Ladies

I`m staying at 637 ...and boy is 18mths is a already a terror .

Was thinking to put him in the Edufarm 2hours playgroup ...any feed backs ?

Hi Ethan_Mum,

I have switched my boy to Just Kid. So far, find the school quite ok. He is now in the full day childcare.. still cry but only for that few minutes... The school is new and the facilities also quite good but the disadvantage is there is no lift and you will have to climb the stairs to 3rd flr. I am treating it as a good exercise for myself and my boy.

The teachers are also quite nice and friendly. What i can say is I started my boy for some toddler class when he was 18 mth old. And I can see his vocal ability is definitely better than his peers. He is able to make up a full sentences now and able to listen to instruction. The teacher also advise me to send him to some music class where they can find that he seems to enjoy...

Hi Janlee,
I also sending my gal to JustKids (full day childcare)next year. She will be in N1 class. How about yr boy?
Do you stay there to accompany yr boy for the first two days?

Hi Yen,

My boy will be in N1 next year. I was there to company my boy for the 1st few days. My boy has settled well in the school now and he is definitely enjoying himself...

I think I made a right choice by sending my boy to a childcare when i can see he is actually picking up.

hi, everyone here i'm trying hard to locate a half day childcare for my boy at yishun hmmmm not necessary to be childcare maybe playgroup class too best ard Street 72 if not my MIL have problem senting my son. i heard from others there a playgroup at blk 757 GRC hmmmm but dun seems gd

Hi Janlee,
My gal also in N1, class sunflower. Mayb we see each other b4.
She settled down already after one week orientation week. Now she loves to go school, will hug and say "bye bye" to me everyday.

hi yummy mummies!

so glad to be able to find this thread.

im staying at blk 771, got two boys (22 months & 3 months)

Btw, do you have any recommendation for a good child care (fullday) in yishun? i need to enroll my kid before i start working next month.

Hi Yen,

my boy is in N1 Bluedell...

Anyway, I kept my boy at home last week. I also found out alot of children was down with gastric flu and the centre was pretty quiet...

hihi,

does any mummy here in Yishun send their child to enrichment classes? What courses do you go and why? I am looking around for enrichment courses (nearby) for my child 4 yo. Hope to hear some comment or recommendation from you all.

happy.gif

Janlee,
how old is your kid? i still haven enrol my boy yet, most likely will enroll him to just kids coz the location is super convenient to me.

thanks for your feedback
happy.gif

Hi Goldilocks,

i haven send my son to just kid yet, probably next term bah..
their fee is like 3hrs = $380 (8-11am)
full day = $690 (b4 subsidy)

they have half day option, but i forgot how the fees look like..

Hi Ethan_mum,

My boy is 3 this year. I believe Jiayi was also being informed about the school got 2 confirmed cases of HFMD. I have stop decided to put my boy at home for the next few days and I have also checked with the centre if they will be doing any major wash up before the centre is close for CNY.

What I can say is my boy have been a regular to my PD clinic since he started his school life... but no choice... what i understand it will take at least 6 mths for them to settle down and overcome all these flu and cough. My boy is able to count from 1 to 10 now and we are now teaching him colors which he is not very interested. But according to the teacher, he actually pick things pretty fast.

Hi Ethan_mum,

Thanks for your info.
happy.gif

I went to community center and they have alot of courses for children. Anyone here also send their child to cc children courses?

Dear Yishun Mummies

If you are sourcing for enrichment classes in Yishun for your children, do check the "business listing" column of this site. Enquiries are welcomed.

Hi, Anyone can advise on the Child care located at Blk 723 Yishun SPARKLETOTS ? i'm thinking of senting my son there hmmmm but unable to locate any review thru web

Hi Yishun Mummies,

It been some time since I last type here...

I had withdraw my child from Just Kids. The reason is due to the recent outbreak of HFMD in the ctr. The no. of confirmed case had been increasing and within a month it hit more than 18 cases... I do have my concern how well and effective is the ctr handling this.

Hi Ethan_mum,

Yes, it indeed very serious. I know they have did their best efforts to disinfect the ctr but I don't think it will break away from the germs if the ctr if not going to close for a few days for cleaning... Sigh... I found my boy another ctr...

Hi mummies

Im a mother of 2 gals staying at Khatib.
I got a extra pass for 2 free trial workout, must be use within a week at Contour Express. Expire on 31st August 2010. I intend to go Yishun branch , anyone interested to go with me?Interested pls pm me.

Hi mummies

Anyone can advise on the Child care located at Blk 357 Yishun SPARKLETOTS ? i'm thinking of senting my son there .

Hi baby yen

my elder son is attending Just Kids from May 10 and am thinking to send my younger gal next March 11.

so far i think the sch and teachers are quite good. the facilities there not bad too. i sent my elder son to a CC just under my blk b4 he went to Just Kids. Had not so good experience there. comparatively my son learn more things faster and happier at Just Kids.

as for other mums' concern abt HFMD at Just Kids, it's alot of cases but they keep parents informed and strict checks. dun agree to switch sch just becos of HFMD or other illnesses cos there are also such cases happening in other cc, not only Just Kids. my son prev sch dun even informed parents abt their HFMD situation lor.

Hi mummies,

I am staying blk 852 Yishun, my boy is going to be 2 yrs old. Looking around for playgroup around my area, any recommendation? Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi,
I stayed in yishun too. My boy is three and half. I sent him star tot last year for playgroup. Quite good. The teacher is able to handle the not so well behaved children. Thumbs up!

Back