Any recommendations for good confinement lady?

Hi, i am doing my confinement now and finishing soon in 2 weeks time. So far, both my hubby and myself are very pleased with her. She cooks good food to whet my appetite, and takes very good acre of my baby. I have caught her many times smiling while looking at my baby, and you can literally feel her concern and love for children. She even help babysit my first child during the weekends and play with him. Also, she is never late foe work but will reach always a few minutes even to half an hour earlier. She vaccums my floors and mop them everyday, and my kitchen is left spick and span when the day ends. I am currently using her only for daytime, but she does full days including overnights too. Her name is Chew Yan and her number to contact is (Malaysian line)0127575908, Spore number is 83640705. Rest assured i am not related to her, nor do i get a commission. I just know all mummies need to rest well during this time, and she lets me rest well and have an assured mind. Chew Yan is friendly but not too talkative, she just does her work well. I strongly recommend her. As she is now in spore doing my confinement, anyone keen in having her pls call her local line. Good luck mummies..

Her working hours are from 9am-6pm. But she not calculative and stays awhile more if you need her. And she cleans my entire house and wash our clothes everyday too.

Hi wong ying, you are right. I just called one to check and she told me its market rate to have a surcharge near or during CNY period. My EDD is 15 Jan, and she already quoted surcharge in.

Hi, i did mention to her if dec will she be free and she say she is. My deposit is $300, but that is because through agent. But if it is just her, not sure. you can call her and check personally, at the same time hear and decide if she is ok via phone. Take it as the first interview.

Zolldoll, thanks for the information and for checking. I will give her a call to check for more information [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

You got to know her from agent

Ya, i gotta know her through an agent that my friend recommends. But you can call her direct and not through agent. As for deposit, it is $200, i just checked with her.

Hi Hi,

I am expected to be due next feb. Any one knows the surcharge during the chinese new year period?

Thanks.

Hi Sparks

Could you PM me Mei Hua's contacts & the agency which you hired her? Thanks a lot !

Btw, what's her rate ?

Hi Hui (grace hui),

Could you PM me the contact of your CL? Btw what's her name & her rate ? Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I'm recalling my experience with Zhen Jie (CL hired from Bliss Confinement.) It was indeed rewarding. Ignore all those horror stories you have heard and confinement period can be very a good experience too when u've engaged the right help.

We have intended to let my MIL to do the confinement for me during my confinement and she finally give up one week into my confinement period which I was also very relieve too :> Therefore, we've engaged from our backup... which is nannies from Bliss Confinement.

Zhen Jie was recommended by the agent - May to me when we approached her for help (before my MIL offered her help) but we were not sure to engage their services yet too. I am touched by her sincerity to help us when she offered help to 'reserved' Zhen Jie in case i need it last min or needed replacement. And she really make her promise come true! Zhen was brought into our family on my 8th confinement day. Zhen was a very open-minded person, age abt 47yrs and does insist doing confinement her ways, instead she gave me advise regarding confinement needs and she was very hygenic when handling my infant and we notice she's very particular abt hygenie in food handling in kitchen too. Being a first time mum, she was all the help i could ask for and she didn't give me any stress at all and when I needed help on increasing my BM, she gave me tips on the type of confinement food i should take in b'fast and lunch in particularly and not only the 'fish-head' papaya sp....and we even took up Bliss Confinement herb package last minute b'cos my MIL didn't bought any and she did it her style (w/o red date & logan tea or even any herbal bath) and finall everything was put in place at last! And my hubby finally noticed I'm looking forward to the daily tonic time ~9pm (which was simply delicious!) He, too was also relieved off alot of stress and errands too...

Zhen help us on the following:

1.24hrs infant & mummy care

2.doing household chores including daily kitchen care

3.cooking daily tonic (me)

4.does daddy's laundry & meals

5.cooks b'fast, lunch, dessert, tea, dinner, tonic and supper

6.teaches my new maid infant handling skills & hygenie practise

Zhen would let my hubby know the ingredients in advance and we do one a week scheduled marketing and on my 14th confinement day my hubby told me even my MIL was praising Zhen and in all smiles when she saw us handling it so smoothly... finally i am too pleased with her performance & I extended my confinement period for another week.

I just wanted to share this valuable & rewarding experience to all mummies who r still considering in engaging help to decide...

For mummies trying to access to Bliss Confinement Website. it's http://www.blissconfinement.de.tl or http://www.blissconfinement.page.tl

The CL who is doing my confinement is quite good. She is pro-breastfeeding and can handles baby well. She can cook very well and very easy going.

i call her Aunty Mei Ying(hokkien for aunty). She will be with me till 16 Aug, so if you want to speak to her, can PM me your contact number.

Hi,

Anyone hv gd recommendation for good confinement nanny ?

Btw, anyone heard of "ConfinementNanny.com" ?

Anyone used their servies & any comments of their nanny?

Thanks !

Plse email me at [email protected] as I seldom check forum.

Hi,

I would like to recommend my Confinement Lady as I find that she is a nice and easy going person.

Some of her other good points are that she can cook very well e.g like sometimes she will cook Mee Hoon Kuay for the occasional break from the boring rice + dishes. :p And she don't mind cooking an extra share for Hubby too.(Had heard of some which will mind if they are told to cook an extra share). She is not those old skool kind of Confinement Lady where she does not allow you to bath or even go downstair. Infact, she allow me to bath at least once a week. She will also do some light house work like laundry and mopping the floor.

Most importantly, she takes very good care of my Baby and I can see that she adores my Baby very much.

Hi, CLtang, hope this is not too late, can ask your aunty to call me 81617636. I need her to do confinement in Nov. also Pmed you, thanks.

Hi,

For those who want to contact Auntie Mei Ying, you can try calling her via the following contact numbers:

6064316082 - her mum's place

6017679334 - her husband's mobile

6064317543 - her sister's place

You can let her know that you have gotten her contact from me (LiJuan).

Hi all,

I have a relative from M'sia who do confinement. She is very experience, can cook very well & take good care of baby. Anyone who is interested, can PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Hi,

I am considering engaging a CL for my 2nd baby due in Apr 2010.

My Mil did my 1st confinement. She did a great job in cooking. As a result, she spent all the time in the kitchen. As I do not wish to tire her out, I took care of my bb during the day and night except for bathing. After my confinement, my back aches badly and I was exhausted. I thot for my 2nd confinement, I should engage a CL and probably ask my Mil to take care of my 1st child at her own place. However, I have the fear of CL who will fly kite. My budget is around S$2000 for 28 days. Does anyone has any advice for me?

Cheeri,

Engage CL from agency, not afraid of kena fly kite or lost deposit, morever it's within yr budget. 2nd confinement means 2nd chance to norish yr health back, miss this period and bear the back ache for the rest of your life.... personally, i wouldn't risk it.

Hi, I just wanted to know the surcharge is from which day till which day of the CNY, cos my bb due date is around mar 2010. THanks

Hi Sparks,

is my budget enough to engage CL from agency? I heard they charged at least 3k. Can you recommend any within my budget?

Hi Cheeri,

Yr EDD is within March ~ April 2010. Your budget is certainly enough to engaged a great CL. Call May at 82336846. And mention Annie (Mountbatten) recommended.

hi cheeri,

if u need a CL within your budget, i can recommend u my CL who did for me my 2nd confinement. she's very efficient, apart from taking care of me n newborn, she also takes care of my #1 fully, from bath to feeding etc n let me rest very well. Can PM me for her contact. good luck.

Hi Sparks,

Can you let me know the agency that you have engaged your superb nanny? I almost wanted to take up PEM already becos their charges is the cheapest among the few company that I've checked... my EDD is 16/Feb (in CNY).

If it is not convenient for you to reply here, pls email me at <[email protected]>.

I would like to recommend my Confinement Lady, Siew Zhen.

She did confinement for me in 2007 and is currently doing for me now for my 2nd delivery.

She's energetic and experienced, having been in this line for 7yrs, cooks well and is able to handle my baby and my toddler well. Best of all, she doesn't keep nagging me on the dos and don'ts of confinement and is also experienced enough to advise me a bit on breastfeeding.

Her contacts:

92440112 (Singapore Hdp)

019-7733251 (M'sian Hdp)

012-7393588 (M'sian Hdp)

Do contact her if you are interested to engage her services.

Hi twins_mummy,

I used PEM confinement services for my 1st confinment and i swear tat i will not go back to them....they can promise the sky and heaven to you....but afterwhich when u pay the money it is likewise...

My incident was the aunty came.....she neber bother to sweep and mop my floor....so since it was my 1st time, i asked my fren if their CL do this everyday...all of them said yes....then i went to ask the auntie...u know what she said..she said i am not maid leh....was so angry bt then again thought tat bb is in her hands...so i jus endure..ad ask her polietly tat can she help...she veri unwillingly say she will mop 2x, then i said alternate days...and she jus use her leg to anyhow mop...so i call up PEM, they said as long they help then its fine already...angry...

Then this auntie i let her watch TV...i mean she can slp in daytime since she will wake up and feed bb at nite bt she spend her time watchin tv and complain tat she cannot do much household chores cos it is very tiring to take care of bb at night...angry...

Then when her last day after she left...i found out that my tap nearly dropped off.my sofa seat, her heavy bum has been sitting tat same location until it got dented in..since we hardly use the kitchen tap....and whn my mom came over and saw the baby clothes and ask me if it is clean and i said yes, aunty already wash, my mom screamed and said all so soapy...she din even rinse them clean....furious...

So mommies and mtbs, i had a bad experience with PEM ..... so its a no no for me...bt then they may have some gd ones...bt i am not going to use them again ...

I tried Amy Confinemt for my two delivery 3yrs apart, she has not disappointed me, can look for Amy and tell her yr requirements

Hi all mtbs,

my cousin EDD is End of Dec and she is getting a set of confinement Herbal Soup package, so would like to ask if anyone of u mtbs interested to get too? If can hit 5 sets, will have 5% discount.. hee... so i am asking for her as she don't know how to use computer..

It is for convienent and easy confinement, all the soups are prepacked, just put in the pot of water and boil will do.. the confinement agency in SG are selling it at higher price than wat we are getting...

if interested, pm k.. ;p

I am a mother of one, hee.. took this soup package too when i am doing my confinement last yr Nov.. ;p

All the best for the last lap..

Hi mummies, any1 has used GPLS confinment agency services? Can share good/bad? can reveal aunty names/age also?

Thkq

Hi mummies to be.. currently i am in a confinement. the CL that i am using is from malaysian. Experienced as she has been working as confinement lady for coming to 7 years. if you are interested, you can call her at 02 017 7127069. Her name is Auntie Ya wen. you can talk to her and list your requirements....cheers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies.

I want to share a shock experience here. My sister is currently being question by the authority for engaging a CL without a Temporary Work Permit.

She engaged from Bliss Confinement and the lady May said, do not need to apply as it is only 28days. My sis's maid might need to be sent back to Philipines for the CL offence for not applying TWP.

Anybody have such an experienced before? Please share. We need help. My sis is unable to think properly now.

Hi Yee Ping,

I've a friend working in immigration... care to share yr sis's name and contact number? Ask yr sis not to fret. PM me if it's not convenient.

Hi Yee Ping,

I've made enquries and my friend is willing to 'lend me a helping hand' for your sis who is now in distress... Though he has confirmed currently there are no such case (he also has a cousin in the police force - immigration), but can you provide yr sis's IC no so that he can ascertain it again. Use PM as it's confidential information...

anybody knws wat happened to bliss confinement? suddenly cannot find the contact frm their web..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all,

my sis face the same problem of CL took their deposit and ran away.Did not appear during her discharge.better to find through agency? finally she got one on that day from this agency.

my sis and her family are very pleased and appreciate with their service. can call her for more detail 90899426 or [email protected]

Hi all,

Do not use this confinement lady call Yu zhen. She actually quit after 2 weeks and she doesnt know how to cook proper confinement food.

Hello, everyone.. Im would like to highly recommand my CL to you.. She's a modern type of CL.. unlike others (some) Cl, will keep nagging at you on this n that cannot.. she is very modern.. U can shower.. But she will advise you when n how to shower.. and cook Realli well.. Handle well in baby too!!! and her massage is greatz too...

She's From Malaysia..name auntie meiling

pLease call her if you @ 016 9857034

Sparks: WHich agency is your CL from? Any contact and how much is the cost??

Actually can anyone advise me how much do we really need to pay for engaging a CL? I mean the cost for engaging the CL + the cost for food/herbs etc??

I wanna get a CL (I'm due in May) but i need to convince my hubby in getting one first.. May want to convince him that i paid for the service or we co-share the cost.

He doesn't really wanna spend the money on CL.. said it's better to spend the money on tonic etc.. and he wanna either ask my mom or mil to help out in the day, and he said he would do it for the night..

But my mom has no experience.. and i'm not comfortable with my mil doing the confinement as it'll be very tiring for her, and i dun like her cooking =P.. And when hubby said he will look after the bb at nite.. but will be very tiring for him too.

Hi Joleen

My MIL is an experience confinement nanny who has 10years of experience.

All confinement ladies whom she has serve for, credited her good services. She is very pro to breast-feeding and is definately a great cook.

Do PM me for enquiries. No obligation.

Jojo90,

If this is your 1st baby, it pays to have a confinement lady! I remember when I had my 1st one, I was so tired, I could barely get out of bed. With confinement lady, I only need to feed baby. She handle cleaning, cooking and most importantly, taking care of baby. I don't even wash the breastpump, she do that for me. All I do is eat, sleep and rest- she only disturb me when need to feed baby, roughly every 3 hrs.

When I had my second one, I recovered faster, but since having a baby is a major event in my life (not like you have a baby every year!) so decided I should pamper myself and engage the same confinement lady to look after me.

Also, with confinement lady, you can ask her to do things, but you can't do that with your mother or mother-in-law.

Feel that it is money well spent. Market rate for confinement lady is now 2k, herbs won't cost a lot, but you should be eating good food like fish, meat, chicken essence etc which will cost quite a bit.

But, if you are well-rested and fully recover, then the money is well spent. Dun save on this lah... save on holidays and shopping.

I had just finish my confinement and my CL is aunty Fen (Bliss Confinement). I wld strongly advice people not to engage her as CL.

The 1st few days, she didnt cook hot meals for me, all the meals served were cold including my longan drink. When I asked her, she say it is ok to drink cold which is nonsense. During confinement everything we eat should be hot. She just keep on adding water to my longan drink. I had to keep reminding her I want hot food. When I finish my drink, she doesnt pour for me, I had to get it myself. She also didnt prepare hotwater for me to wash up. Food was being cook the same way everyday. Soup for lunch n dinner always the same until I had to tell her to change. She always like to carry the baby even the baby is not making any noise. I caught her falling asleep at night while feeding my baby. I was so piss off, so end up i will try to look after my baby day & night, so end up I didnt get a good rest during my confinement For my bath water, she will boil the water the day b4. She is lazy, she doesnt cook for my family, my parent-in-law still have to cook/packet food for her. She likes to listen to my family members talk and keep giving her opinions which I think its rude. At first I wanted to change CL but I was afraid the replacement will be worst. The confinement was really a nightmare for me.

Soarkletots: Thanks ya..

I wanted a confinement lady, but it's my hubby that's rejecting the idea.. qi si wo le!!

As you said.. i can ask the CL to do things for us, but we can't do that with our parents.

Do you think a budget of $2500-$3000 will cover the cost of CL, cost of herbs & cost of for daily meals (fish, meat, vege etc)?

Back