Any PD to recommend in Sengkang/Punggol or Hougang area

happyhug

Hi Parents,

Do you have any good PD to recommend in Sengkang/Punggol Or Hougang area.

Thanks in advance
Annie

Hi happyhug, mayb u can try this :

SAW BABY AND CHILD CLINIC
BLK 681 HOUGANG AVE 8 #01-827
TEL : 63865732, 63864538 (DR SAW)

hi happyhug

You can try Dr Lilian Lim from Kids Link
happy.gif

She is one of the nicest PD around
happy.gif
and her medication very effective !

My boy is seeing Dr Lilian Lim too. Find that she is very patient and willing to answer questions.

u mean dr lilian lim from kid's clinic at rivervale mall right? kidslink is dr vanessa tan.

i luv dr lilian lim, she's a great PD! but hubby and i jus CANNOT STAND the staff!! rude, proud...after 3 trips of bad service, we couldn't take it anymore and changed PD to dr vanessa tan. sad for such a nice doc to hav such lousy staff.

Hi,
My son is under Dr Allyson Tan also @ kids clinic, she is v great, also e one that detect my son has a hole in e heart when he was 1 wk old. (We brought him there to check janidue). Althrough my gynea recommended Dr Lilian Lim.

She saw my son few times when Dr A. Tan wasnt around; i found that she isnt that patience.. (personal preception) No offend.

However, Kids clinic is alway pack but i found the staffs are ok and helpful.

I presume its all up to individual encounters.. :p

My gal too has been seeing Dr Allyson Tan (Kids Clinic) for awhile. We were formerly seeing Dr SP Chiang at Mt E who is a man of few words. We stopped consulting him as we found Dr Allyson Tan more personal, patient and her assessment are detailed and thorough. Nonetheless, be prepared to wait and put up with some of their not-so-friendly staff.

I do agree with the above mummies that Kids Clinic staff are not soo friendly, guess everyone is putting up with them for the sake of the 2 PDs. My gal's with Allyson Tan, and we will see Lilian Lim when Allyson's not around. Both PDs are patient and detailed, but ultimately, it depends if you are willing to spend the kind of time waiting for your turn, especially when you don't have an appt. My usual waiting time is 2-2.5hrs when we do a walk in and sometimes, it can get really pissed off, especially when you need to rush back to work.

The Kid's Clinic
@ 11 Rivervale Crescrent #01-02A Rivervale Mall
Line 1: 6881 1711
Line 2: 6881 0012
Line 3: 6881 3204

Hi all

I highly recommend Dr Allyson Tan. She is very patience and will answer all your quries. (that is why there is a long wait)

When my gal had Kawasaki, and was admitted to KK, I called the clinic and seek a second opinion. The staff was very nice to relay the msg. She contacted the doctors at KK and called me daily to update the progress of my gal. (she explained to me in human terms instead of medical terms, which I was unable to understand at that moment of panic)

The clinic is always busy and sometimes the staff will feel fustrated. I have seen mothers letting their child go wild in the clinic before. And the staff is unable to do anything.

Hope that this helps!
happy.gif

Hi,
i bot my bb to this doc.he is quite famous..
must say he is very patient n attentive

Anthony'S Baby & Child Clinic
327 Hougang Ave 5 #01-160 Singapore 530327
Tel : 6280-2122
Fax : 6288-3279

I was also a "supporter" of the Kids Clinic at Rivervale Mall. I started with them when they just set up a few years back. Back then there was not much queue and the staff were friendlier. They even remembered my boy's name once we stepped in.

And Dr Allyson Tan was simply great. She is very patient and loving. And she can just put us to ease no matter how worried we were. And they give good/expensive medicine.

Anyway, since i moved out of SK 2 yrs + ago, I seldom go back cos I once went back with an appointment, and i waited at the clinic for 5 solid hours. Now that I'm at the east side, I go to another male PD at Marine Crescent. Equally good tho the medicine not as high class as Dr Tan's.
happy.gif

Hi,
I used to bring my girl to Anthony'S Baby & Child Clinic but the waiting time is always abt 1hour. Honestly Dr Anthony Chee is a good PD. Very attentive. Just that the waiting time is bad.

Another doctor my kids are seeing is at hougang mall. Level 4. Name of the Clinic is I-Care. This lady PD Dr Ellen Tay is good also. Very attentive and her checks on kids is very thorough.

My boy also seeing Dr Allyson Tan, I found that she's equally good as Dr Lilian, for some reasons, quite a lot of patients prefer to see Dr Lilian.

I find the staff there quite friendly except for maybe a particular one but I think she's that type of hei mian shen. For a period of time, we've been bringing my son to weigh as he din put on much wt in initial wk, 1 of the staff remembered our son's name tt we don't even need to tell her why we are there.

If you are concerned of long queue, you can ask the staff to call you when it's abt your turn if you have prior appt. If you want to walk-in, wait at the clinic when it's opened, take the queue # & go for breakfast, ask the staff to call you back when it's abt your turn so that you don't have to waste time waiting.

Recently, we brought our son to see Dr Allyson for a prob &amp; went back a 2nd time for review. Although we did wait for quite a long while before it's our turn, when we finally got to see her, it was <5mins. When we came out, the staff told us that we can go already as Dr did not charge us, we were very surprised about it. I think for most doctors, even if you are there for just a very short consultation, the doctors will still charge. Having said so, don't expect that this will be the case everytime as I think the doctors will judge case-by-case on whether to charge or not.

Hi bunnybluey
yeah, dats what we did too. We will take Q no, then go home and wait. The staff will call us once it's our turn. My kids are all seeing Dr Lilian Lim. Dr Allyson is also not bad, but my kids like Dr Lim more.
happy.gif

Hi All

Dr.Lilian Lim was my boy's pead at TMC..
she is good .. n so is Dr. Alyson.. but i prefer Dr.Allyson coz she is very detailed n looks out for each n every possiblity of the problem.
Dr Lim is not as precise as Dr.A but she is sweet n soft spoken.

Dr Anthony Chee is good. Call in advance for appt and you dun hv to wait for so long. However, all appt will be fully booked if u call later than 15mins from opening time. He is that popular.

Hi all,

I would like to recommend Dr Allyson Tan
happy.gif

She is my son PD, very nice lady, attentive &amp; good.

It seems that Dr Lilian Lim is the most famous PD in SK. she's my son's PD since born too! She's very patient and nice even though i'm always very longwinded.

Agree that the waiting time is really long. I even heard a daddy needed to wait for 5-6 hrs. Luckily i had made an appt on that day.

According to the staff, Dr Tan is not that popular is because she doesn't see newborn babies unlike Dr Lim. That's why.

On the recommendations of this forum I brought my son to see Dr Allyson Tan. She is great! The staff at the clinic have been sweet and helpful. Thanks for the advice.

I have no doubts on the ability of the doctor (Dr Lilian Lim - Kid's Clinic). Since my baby was born, she had her jabs done. Each time, Dr Lilian was patient.

Like some, I have my share of displeasure and share the sentiments of the long queue. This incident last month send the ultimate decision for us to forsake this clinic for good as we felt that the clinic staff was far from being ethical.

Being the first time parent, our baby was running fever suddenly. Knowing that there will be a queue and the morning session will end at 3pm, we call at 1pm to check on the queue status. To cut the story short, the counter staff told us that they will not accept anymore queue. As I told them my 6 months old daughter was having a fever...this was their reply..word for word,"Come back tomorrow!"

I left my number and requested to talk to Dr Lilian but then...she didn't call back...

I was fuming mad and that's it... perhaps... its just a customer lost...no big deal to them.

I am very disappointed with the clinic. I don't mind the long queue but to be told to come back the next day when i called within the consultation hours was too much.

Hi,

Highly recommend PD Dr Ellen Tay from Hougang Mall as well. She is very attentive and willing to share lots of knowledge with us.

Lilian Tan is good! But frankly I cannot stand the nurses.
I have a very unpleasant experience.
The nurses didn't tell me to go home first, so I just hanged around with my baby waiting for jab (cos I changed my appt date).
Then 2 hrs later I called back to check, they just told me oh you should have gone home first. I told them no one told me that.

Then never mind, I decided to go home. They said they will call me when is about my turn. Fine.
When I reached home, my baby crunky, breast feeding time and poo..

I was so hand tighted. Then the nurses called but missed call on my mobile.
I called back, they immediate said next one is me!
I told them to give me some time as I need to travel to clinic, but they said cannot. Next sentence ask me to cancel lor!!!

I was so flamed up!

hi,

does anyone know that pediatric centre in hougang mall is still open?

i called them and they said the clinic's closed.. when i asked what time they are opened.. they ans it seems that the clinic's closed..

tks

well... kkmum, you have to start going to kids clinic by 8.30am and queue for a slot.

You don't ve to bring your sick child.

Got to wait for a while. Usually Mon, Wed and Friday after 1pm is the best time.

I seriously dont care how good the PDs at Kids Clinic are but I will never step foot into Kids Clinic ever again! I brought my 7-month old (then) there once because he had been running on high fever the night before and he hasnt been taking his milk for more than 12 hours! I was there before 9am on a weekday. When they took his temp, he was running 39 degrees! The nurse informed me that I would at least have to wait for 2 hours! She emphasised the term "at least", not necessary 2 hours - it could take longer! When I asked whether if she can administer fever meds while i wait, there was no outright answer from her, she just told to wait while she continue to register other patients. I waited for more than 20 minutes before I walked off because there was no indication of the nurse doing anything other than register patients and call other patients reminding them of their appointment while my son was getting crankier by the minute! It transpired that my son had HFMD in the end.

hi mummies,
i wonder if we're lack of PDs or too many children gotta see PDs?

i ever brought DS to kids clinic, being told i gotta wait at least 3 hrs.. DS cut his eyes accidentally when played with hand fan.. till bleeding.. me, 1st time mommy was so worried... DS cried his heart out.. DS is the type that won't cry unless it is real hurt.. i was also fear if it would develop infection..

feeling desperate, i brought DS to kkh children emergency, was being told need to wait AT LEAST 2-hr-time... end up staying up there for 5hrs....

however, i still go to kids clinic with appointment..
DS likes the PD.. :p

Hi Eufrasia,

I was surprise to hear that you got to wait for 3 hrs even though he cut his eyes..thought it's suppose to be emergency?

Last yr when my girl cut her eye lids and was still bleeding, Dr Tan attended to us almost immediately (right after she finish with her patient in her room).

We still goes back to her even though i've shifted to tampines. As GP's medicine doesn't seems to help my girl whenever she's sick.

eysl,

i agree that the nurses there are not pros at all....fever at that level should be treated immediately. i believe at KKH, they will sponge the infant immediately.

Hi Luvv,

yeah, i remember it was wednesday.. when i asked whether can cut the queue, they said i can wait there.. waited for ard half an hour, i rushed to kkh, same story, it seems to them my DS case is not that emergency.. eye doc checked on him, the abrassion was quite bad, fortunately no abrassion on the cornea..
hmm.. perhaps it was only a big red dot on his eyes, the bleeding had stop, my DS didn't cry in front of them..

that's the thing, eventhou got abrassion on his shoulder, got blood, DS never cry.. people think it wasn't hurt huh.. DS felt hurt but never cry..

this morning he bumped his head, he told me 'mummy, hurt', i was bz and only replied, "it's ok dear".. 5 mins later i checked his head, wow, it was red, and he won't let me touch his head, hurt mah..

btw, when DS still a very young infant, i insist to see doc, he got VERY BAD diaper rash, got so called an ulcer, till got blood.. at that time, i only wait for 20mins.. perhaps it was bcoz DS was only 2mos and kept crying.. the 20mins was like 20hours.. :p

yes Luvv, totally agree that the nurses are not pro at all! what they should have done was at least consult the PD first and let the PD decide. my son's regular PD is Vannessa Tan at Kidslink, Compassvale. once (when i was there with appointment for vaccination), dr Tan let this child who was having high fever jump queue. the poor child ended up being sent to the hospital after cosultation. At least the nurses at Kidslink will inform the dr and let the dr decide whether or not to treat the child as an emergency case. dr Tan is great but she has a habit of emergency closures every now and then and it's very inconvenient to drive all the way there and to find them closed! so happened that Kidslink was closed that fateful day - that is why i ended up at Kids Clinic!
sad.gif

i used to go kids link at sengkang. i used to tink the PD was ok, talk abit fast but acceptable to me until my dotter had fever one day.

we rched 830 to beat the queue, but PD only came in at 950 altho clinic opens at 9am. i noe doc is nv on time but 50mins late was too much.

anyway, because she gt so many appts, even before i finished tellg her wat other concerns we have, she quickly brush us off.

after that day, i decided not to bring my DD back to her again. and today I brought DD to a new PD and she discovered my DD has labial adhesion. Why isit that after so many chkup @ kidslink this was not discovered??

prob she's too bz &amp; popular to do a thorough check.

i bring my daughter to dr Zainal at Rivervale plaza. There's 10% off if you use OCBC CDA card!very impt cos she is in childcare and has cough very often

Dr Zainal at Rivervale plaza raised his voice at me a first time parent when we wanted more detailed explanation of our newborn baby blood test. An impatient doctor in my own humble opinion.

jaime: haha maybe he busy that day la. not easy to be doc these days. i can imagine...the patient in front of me spend half hours inside asking the doctor so many questions....
his clinic is very busy so sometimes i bring my kids to SBCC at AMK near courts...usually can get a appt if you call in the afternoon.

Anybody knows what's the kids clinic opening hours like?called the clinic but no answer,am staying at YCK don't want to bring my kid there then scarily closed..

<font size="+1">Hi mummies

Anyone got email address for Dr. Lillian Lim?
</font>

Hi little_tots

The Kid's Clinic (SK Rivervale Mall)

Opening hours :
<table border=1><tr><td>Mon Wed &amp; Fri</TD><TD> 9am-3pm</TD><TD> 7pm-9pm </TD></TR><TR><TD>TuesThurs &amp; Sat</TD><TD> 9am-3pm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Closed on Sun &amp; PH</td></tr></table>
Please call 68811711 to confirm

Be prepare to wait ... long Q everyday.

Thanks
happy.gif

Dear all,

I am very unhappy with The Kids Clinic at Rivervale mall. There is forever no answer to the phone number stated in the business card. I been trying to reached the clinic the world day since 9am till 5pm.

If you walk in they do not entertain they will only see you if you have appointment but how are we going to make appointment if they NEVER answer phone calls.

I will encourage parents not to patronize this clinic. They can't help if we need them urgently.

Back