Any mummies staying in Japan?

Hi buttercookies,

You are welcome, I didnt help much actually... ;) Its more practical i think, to get those socks rather than to spent on the pants which u cnt wear in spore, as wat u say... in Jp definitly u can get it... ;)

For the akachan-honpo stores, its like Kiddy Palace in Spore... It has alot of branches in jp, I dont know which is more nearer to u, I went to the website but its all in japanese... Some are just a store itself alongside the road and some are inside shopping malls... mayb u can checkout with the hotel person and they might help u to check out the locations...

Hi eniale,

I'm in Singapore already, very hot! I'm 19 weeks now. I've quit my job in December so now I'm everyday at home. I think my cold got no chance to affect me here, so hot!!

Did you get the 'noro virus'? I heard that many people got it. Is your doctor Japanese? Can he speak English? Just curious coz I think very few Japanese doctors can speak English...

Regards

Hi mummies staying in Japan,

I went Tokyo Free & Easy last month, really enjoyed the sightseeing and shopping there. Bought some beauty products and tid-bits as gifts for close friends and relatives, and we all like those Japan made products every much.

Would like to know if any of you is willing to help me to get some Japan made beauty products, and send by EMS to me?

The items my friends and I are interested are not too bulky. We will pay in advance by internet transfer,reimbursement of expense,items costs and EMS postage. If it's convenient for any of you to buy the items and to go to Post Office, and you are willing to help, could you just PM me,so we could discuss the details?

Thank you.

Hi Eniale, hi ladies..

Eniale, i will be going to Japan in early feb with my younger son. we meet up then okay? I will be flying in on the 9th and return on the 15th (just to spend the PH and v-day with hb.. very bo liao hor.. haha).

Before i fly, can someone tell me what i need to get for my son and how many pcs of outfits i need to bring along? He's 17mths liao.. Am thinking of bringing the pram and travelling light cos am currently close to 5mths pregnant, but was told tokyo is not very stroller friendly.. any suggestions?

Wai Ping,
Hi!! hehe... ya definitely can recover in Spore... so u plannin to deliver in Spore before gg bk to Jp?

The doctor jus suspected that we had the "noro virus" cos my bb passed to me n we had the sme symptom... The one we went, the doctor cant speak English, so my hb was wif me that time. There is one near my plc, jus a few bus-stops away, the doctor can speak simple English, so if my hb not around, we will go there. Not really many Hospital and clinic's doctor can speak english... any plan when u b gg bk to Jp?

Nicky's mom,
Hi, sure!! glad to have a meet up with u and ur boy.. he is around the sme age as my gal... she is 18 mths now.. It's pretty cold here now,

Some area in Tokyo is not very stroller friendly... where will u b staying? For me, when i bring my gal around alone, i will not bring along the pram, if she sleeps, i will carry her.... and unless someone is with me, then i will bring along......
happy.gif

Eniale, thanks.. i also heard from hb who is there that tokyo is not very stroller friendly. But, am currently 5mths pregnant liao and nick weighs 16kg, so it's quite impossible to carry him around.

BTW, how do u dress yr ger as in how many layers and what kind of clothes u dress her in for the inner layers. Do u bathe her everyday cos i was thinking it might be to cold to undress the little fellow every single day.

I have booked the Koyo Backpackers Hostel for me and nick..

Nicky's mom,
Its true, tats y i cnt suggest u if its better for u bring along the pram or not cos u r currently preggie... its better to travel around with someone wif u... I myself oso cant tahan carrying that little one for lng hrs.. somemore travellin in tokyo takes time....

For my gal, as we jus shifted over here, her winter clothings r limited now, so to kep her warm enuff i dress her with many layers... :p.... I let her wear a T-shirt then a long sleeve shirt or a jumper, sometimes i will let her wear 1 or 2 trousers, 1 short n 1 long.. follow by a long socks n a jacket.

I bathe her twice everyday as usual, mayb lucky bcos inside our rental hse, the owner installed a air heater inside the bathroom so i will on it to warm the room b4 i bring her to take shower.. its not that hot here, so think not necessary to take shower everyday, jus in case Nick caught a cold....

Hi to all Singapore Mummys in Japan

Very happy to chance upon this thread, at least i m not alone here. I just delivered my bb gal in Tokyo 2mths ago.... Hubby & I have been staying in Tokyo near Meguro station for almost 17 mths. but my japanese still cannot make it! haha, still going around saying nihon-go wakarimasen....

I hate the winter here, wish spring can come earlier
happy.gif
oh ya, find the train station rather stroller unfriendly...so far, i have yet to bring bb gal out in stroller alone. very scared!

Hope to meet up with the rest of the ladies here with our little ones soon
happy.gif

hi Chin,

Recently, my families r with me and they jus went bk Spore so din go online... glad to have u here!!

definitely, me too hopin to meet up with spore mummies in jp!!

pls add me in ur msn... !? [email protected]

hi Chin,

Recently, my families r with me and they jus went bk Spore so din go online... glad to have u here!!

definitely, me too hopin to meet up with spore mummies in jp!!

pls add me in ur msn... !? [email protected]

hi chin, welcome to the thread
happy.gif

I m stil in spore ..will be moving back to tokyo in end feb with my 3mths old baby then ...

wats ur msn? maybe we can chat online when u are free.. mine [email protected]

Hi Eniale & Cher
I have added both of you to my MSN.
my msn [email protected].

See you ladies online
happy.gif

Eniale

it's so nice to have families here, missed the days when my mum was here for my confinement.

Cher
Our babies are abt the same age
happy.gif
she is also coming to 3mths in Feb.

Hi Chin,

Had added u in too!!
happy.gif
so wat u do usually? ... yalor.. the moment they went in e custom... so sad... but the "2nd batch" of my familes r comin soon, another 2 weeks more... my holidays comes again... keke....

hi chin, nice to know that we have another "member" in japan..

guess u gals can contact me if u happen to bring ur kids to Tokyo Dome.. its within distance from my house..

Eniale. if we were to meet, the nearest station is shibuya??

Cher: my stn is at Yokohama, urs is at Suidobashi Stn rite, if we use the JR Line... if we were to meet up, I think the stns tat r btw us r Ebisu , shibuya, harajuku ... but i saw the JR train map, is not tat easy for u to travel to shibuya rite, dun tink have direct train...

Eniale: hihi, i can meet u at Shibuya.. hehe.. cos my place is on hanzomon line..Jimbocho station..

Hi Cher,

Yah, great... but i am not that familiar with shibuya area, maby gonna search some info first b4 we mit up, jus in case lost way... kekeke.... anyway, we can exchange contact no. when u r back in Jp?..
happy.gif

Hi to all the mummies staying in japan,

Would like to find out a few things from you
happy.gif
I intend to bring my gal (around 14 mths) to japan, around mid or end march. Is the weather still very cold by then? I am afraid that the weather will be too cold and my gal is not used to cold weather. Furthermore, this is the 1st time I am bringing her to travel, I am abit worried. Hmmm.. Any advices on what clothes to wear for my gal?

Hi pinky,

Weather are turnin warm recently, like 13 ~ 17... think on March, shldnt b tat cold. Let her wear something like body suits, one piece (lng sleeve) with a jacket. Think shld be warm enuff..... If u worry, probably can bring more thick clothings n put on more layer for her.....
happy.gif

Information to all mummies staying in japan.

<font color="aa00aa">Cinemas in Japan:-</font>

There is this Toho theater Cinema in Japan which has this system called "Mama's Club Theater" which have some special screening specifically tailored for parents with their children.

Pls find below link for further information, there are English wordings translated below the japanese wordings. There are Cinemas Listing in the website and the movies are shown on every Thursday of the week. Beside Japanese movies, they also shows English movies.

The only problem is that the Movie Titles are in Japanese. I would be glad to help in informing what show are screening and the timing of the show on that week if anyone is interested, pls inform me which cinema is nearer to you and will update in here every Mon.

http://www.tohotheater.jp/mamas_club_theater/index.html

Cheers
Elaine

Hi all

I was in Kyoto from October 2006 to January 2007 and now we are back in Vancouver. Hoping to return to Singapore end of the year or early next year.

Then we might be heading off south which is not confirm yet.

I usually watch drama and movies on the net.

Hi ladies,
I would like to find out on a food item in japan. It's a jap salad sauce. The bottle has a orange dome shaped cap. Any idea what's the name of the sauce? Think it can be found in 100yen shops.

thanks.

Hi elainy,

uhmm... actually theres quite a number of salad sauce in jap with those kind of dome cap... any other info can u provide me? like jap wrds, picture etc?

cheers

Hi elainy,
sory now then reply you, went for a short holiday n jus came back.. =)))
Yalor, theres quite a number of salad dressin with those cap... where did u actually bought it?
I knew theres a nice dressin, whatever food u pour it into, it taste super nice... but will feel a little oily.. its also in orange cap.. but cnt get it in 100yen shop..... =))

Hi
ANy mummies know how the postage (normal postage) from Japan to spore? getting my SIL to buy something in Japan but she isnt sure how's the postage..if is too exp then ...forget abt it...

advise plzzz

Hi

Any mummies here that are currently working? Would like to find out more about infant care that is available?

Hello Beegdaddy,

I am not residing in Tokyo, but just came back recently from a free-and-easy holiday in Tokyo. These are the places i strongly recommend you visit, but it really depends on what is your interest:
- Tsukiji fish market (we were there everyday for sushi at the small eateries around the market, very fresh and reasonably priced sushi)
- Mt Fuji/ Hakone day trip (we took a 1-day guided tour costing around S$200 per person but its totally worth it to see Mt Fuji up close)
- Shopping at Shibuya; Harajuku and Omote-sando (for clothes, shoes, bags for ladies)
- Meiji Shrine at Asakusa (one of the largest and most traditional shrines in Tokyo)
- Daiso or other 100Yen shops (a must go, if you like shopping in Daiso in S'pore- the one at Harajuku is 5 storeys large- can go crazy buying cheap stuff!)
- Ginza (for a meal in a traditional Jap rest)
- Roppongi Hills (new, upmarket, large shopping complex, but all branded shops, very ex)

That's all the time we had, but we are sure to be back again in future =)

Hi princess

Thanks for your tips. Did you go with your kid?

My wife and I have been there twice, but that was without my kid.

Was wondering if there were any places in Tokyo or nearby places which cater specifically to kids of this age?

He he,
no, I left my kids at home, was with my hubby only...but i feel Tokyo quite kid friendly- even subways have lifts so its not so siong to bring stroller if you need to...

I think mummies staying in Tokyo would be able to advise better re kid-friendly places =)

Hi Mummies in Tokyo,

I would need some advise whether is the weather in Feb too cold for our little ones? I am planning to bring my then 2 years old boy to Disneyland but i scare later ended sick then die liao.. haha.. appreciate any help on this
happy.gif

milo66,
Feb will be end mid of Winter, I could say its will be still abit cold in Tokyo.. but I rem this yr end Feb I bring my gal 2yr old to disneyland & disneysea with my sis when they cm over n pay us a visit.. Its rather warm during the days but for the nights is cold.. as its near to the ocean, night wind is freezing.. =((.. Its better U prepare warmer blanket for yr little ones.. For my gal, she still alright when we're there.. hehe...

konnichiwa, i noticed that are some recently mummies here. Anyone know of any good english speaking gynae in Tokyo ? I will be visiting Aiiku Hospital next week, the recep said they are ok with English, but I am skeptical. The hospital came highly recommended by my japanese colleague and of cos it got famous after Princess Kiko gave birth there. Anyone seeing any Dr there ? Any comments ? Or any recommendation ?

I live around Musashikosugi (near Yokohama and Kawasaki), would like to make some friends, cos my hb travel a lots, I am always alone and bored.

Hi loomi

My family's going Tokyo next month and we'll be popping by Yokohama. We were thinking of going to the sea paradise there with my boy.

Have you been there? Is it as good as the reviews claim?

Hi Wai Ping, thanks the website is very useful.

Hi beegdaddy, yes, I went to Sea Paradise last year. You will like it if you are a sea animal fan, the shows are good. The only disadvantage is location is far, public transport to go there is quite complicated, and not to mention expensive.

hi mummies living in japan

i'm planning a trip to tokyo and osaka this dec. pls advise me if it's ok to bring my 13mth old. izzit easy to get hot water anywhere? i'm afraid it's too cold for my baby. pls pm me as i seldom monitor the thread. thanks

hi mummies living in japan,

could any 1 advise what are the things worth getting in japan and hokkaido for babies?any websites to share would be glad,thanks a zillion.

Hi Eniale,

I am a Mummy to a 7months baby, my husband is also a Jap and now we are based in Hong Kong.
But sooner or later we will be moving back for good.

Are you going to stay in Japan for good too?
If so, it will be great to meet up when I move to Japan.
happy.gif

Back