Any Ideas for 4 Year Old's Goodie Bag? No Junk Please!!!

jamiemama

My son will celebrate his birthday in school and give out a goodie bag to his classmates (boys & girls).

Budget: $8/bag

I don't want to give out junk that will get thrown away. Junk includes unhealthy junk food, useless stationary such as pretty-but-tiny erasers and poor quality plasticky toys that don't last past 2 days. These always end up in my dustbin.

Any ideas for gifts that are healthful, practical, safe, and appealing to both kids and parents? (as it is parents who decide if kids get to enjoy their goodie bag.)

Jamiemama,

I agree with you that we want to give & receive useful things in goodie bags. But the truth is what is useful to 1 child may not be useful to another, esp nowadays children get presents too often.

Last year, I bought some angry bird lanyards for my girl's bday goodie bags. I thought at age 4, most will need to put ezlink & library cards. Others can be craft ideas like sandart or Jigsaw puzzle. Of course there will be people who are not interested in art...

I actually bought those recyclable goody bags which are really nice and can be used as a bag for outings. Think it cost me like less than sgd2 per ice. Then I also put in stuff like a proper angry bird pencil case and stationery. But they are kids so I put 1 a packet of twisted and a lollipop as well. Haha.

Thanks for the suggestion, KC.

Thinking back, the most useful goodie bag gift my son has received was a nice Thomas the Train plastic folder. It stores his stickers, his enrichment worksheets, etc. It's good quality and hardy. Of coz, my son doesn't even notice its existence...

i bought the ladybird series book and the fun pack cereal as goody bag for my girl's birthday this year... after her birthday, many parents do the same...

I love both your ideas, 78whee and cynt. Can't go wrong with giving books. If giving gender-specific goodie bag, can't go wrong with cars for boys either. :) But what about for girls...?

Hi there,

For gers, U might want to give Disney princesses things for gers.

I have actually prepared some princess stationery sets
for girls and Mickey mouse for boys with princess party bags n Mickey mouse party bags. Intended to add in e organic lollipops too
happy.gif

I think children that age would like a coloring book, crayons and some stickers, all packed nicely in a bag.

Or, what about buying them a story book each? $8 per pax is more than enough.

Back