Any gynae to recommend from Gleneagles?

celine77

Hi there, I am contemplating delivering in Gleneagles. Does anyone have any good gynae to recommend? and any feedback on Gleneagles hospital?

My gynae is Dr Mary Yang on level 8. Very nice lady. So far had given birth to 2 kids in Gleaneagles under her care. Both my stay there had been pleasant.

hi elleana and venus, thanks for ur replies.

elleana, does dr mary yang have the 3D scan machine? i read somewhere in the forum that only 5 docs in sg has it.

Celine,

Last when I had my annual check up with her - not yet..but heard from her that she's contemplating to get the 3D scan.

thanks elleana
happy.gif

Hi Celine,

On your query of the 3D scan machine...believe that the gynae I'm seeing in Gleneagles has this. He's Dr Chan Kong Hon (Tel : 6474 3228). Have seen sample 3D scans of other expectant mothers during our check-ups.

We find the gyane pretty experienced and his staff are nice and friendly.

Hope this helps.

Hi Celine,

Hows your appointment with Dr Chan? Dr Chan had just help me to delivered my bb this Jan. Yes, he and his staff are very nice n friendly. I have absolutely no problem with him.

Hi Celine,

My gynae is Dr Douglas Ony and he's the few OB in Singapore that has 3-D scan machine. So far he has been a very careful gynae that never takes my symptoms lightly. Can call his clinic at 67338880 / 67376855. All the best!

Hi Chews,

my gf is seeing her. From what I heard from her, it seems she is very westernised, like she said can dye or colour ur hair etc.

If u are looking for a female gynae, u can try Mary Yang

hi can anyone share what are the standard services provides in a pre natal package? been checking with a few gynea and very diff one from another.

I am quite ocnceren the cost may ballon too much for us to absorb
happy.gif

Hi all

After much consideration, I have chosen Dr Mary Yang from Gleneagles.

She has the 3D scan and i find her charges very reasonable
happy.gif

Hi Kola,

Same as you, I have chosen Dr Mary Yang. I can said she is a very friendly person. She is very patience cox I have been asking her alot of questions & she did answer to all my questions...

She does have 3D & 4D scan & I have just signed with her the 3D package which is 900.
happy.gif

hi dlim, nice to hear we have e same gynea
happy.gif
i sign up e same package as U. wehn is ur EDD? mine is on 1903... going for my next appointm this friday, hopefully can see gender of BB liao

Hi giggler,

Can I check with you when Dr Chan's package start? From the 4th month onwards or 5th month onwards? I find that his fee before the package is quite ex though.

Hi,

My gyne was Dr Henry Cheng. really good! gives U assurance, very helpful. His another clinic is @ Bishan . he gives U detailed reason for what to eat and what not to . One speciality of him is that he advised not to drink milk during UR pregnancy ( cuz gastric probs.)

Mine was also Dr Henry Cheng...

Really good and helpful!!... very patient, and won't worry u unnecessarily... :D

hi,

i am just 7 weeks pregnant, at a lost of which gynae to go to.. but i got preferance to let my bb b born in Gleneagles cos' i like the hospital's name, sounds pretisge, n heard their staffs r nice n friendly, can recommend a list of those good gynaes from Gleneagels, males or females is ok. Thanks
happy.gif

hi sausagemuffin,

my gynae is Dr KH Chan. His clinic is in Gleneagles medical centre and only delivers in gleneagles hospitals.

He has t 3D/4D machines and he is very good.

hi violet n lovedogs,

thanks for ur recommendation... r they very experienced? good at stiching? i heard wat doc must b good at stiching back the wounds etc... have u all got friends's bb delivered by them? Thanks
happy.gif

hi sausagemuffin,
I went to him for my 2nd bb and my 1st one is c-sect so I cannot comment on the stiching 'cos no comparison for my case.
But so far those that i know that uses dr Henry Cheng says he is good with the stiching and very experienced. Some of my friends had 2 or 3 babies all delivered by him.

Hi Blue Skies

Heard from my fren that he is rather popluar & schedule also quite pack. Think his package also quite ex.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website and was planning on a baby in 2008. Have been going to Dr Mary Yang since 2005 for regular checkups but not sure about other areas (pregnancy, etc).

If you have anything to share, do let me know. I need to be prepared!
happy.gif

Thanks!

I think Dr Peter chew is good. I got many colleagues who go to him. Yes, his clinic is always very crowded. I would say he is careful, caring and very experienced.

hi rest_relax

are u seeing Dr Peter Chew now? I am currently seeing him, but think of changing to Dr KH Chan. Anyone has any experience or comments?

Hi,

I used to see Dr Mary Yang for a period of time but was very disappointed with her. In my opinion, I'll never recommend my friends to see her. Now I'm seeing Dr Peter Chew. I'm very glad I've made the switch.

hi momosan,

i guess we are all very interested to know why uve decided to not see dr Mary Yang... would be glad if u can share as some of us is with her service now. its my first pregnancy and i hope to get the best for my baby

thanks!!

Hi tinyfeet, congrats on your pregnancy!

I consulted Dr Mary Yang 2 1/2 years ago when I got married. I told her that my period has never been regular & I experienced very bad cramps every time my menses came. She saw a small cyst during my scan but said it was normal for women to have cysts so went on to give me clomid to concieve.

I got pregnant but unfortunatey, i suffered a miscarriage within my 1st trimester. She did a D&C on me. Before the op, i had been crying. when she saw me, she said 'ah yah, there's nothing to cry about lah'. I was very upset at the way she spoke to me especially when I was lying on the table, about to lose my baby.

After the op & during the next check-up, she never once asked how i was feeling. matter-of-factly went through the check-up & told me to see her in 2 months time.

i do not know of other gyanes then so i continued seeing her, hoping to get pregnant again. A few months later, my colleagues recommended me to Dr Peter Chew. He saw the cyst & said I could be suffering from endo. within that few weeks, I realised that I was 1 month pregnant but I lost the baby soon after. Dr Chew told me to remove the cyst as well as D/C. It had been confirmed that I was suffering from endo.

I could have avoided going through 2 miscarriages if I had known of my endo and I find it strange that given Dr Yang's experience, it didnt cross her mind.

I remembered, when she answers my questions, she was very straightforward, sometimes using medical terms that i do not understand. and when i asked her to explain, she sounded impatient, frustrated & spoke very fast.

The reason why I stopped seeing her was not because she's a bad gynae (I've come to terms that just because she failed to suspect that i might have endo, doesnt make her an inexperienced doctor) but because of her poor PR skills and insensitivity.

And seeing both doctors, I couldnt help but to compare the 2 of them. Dr Chew helped me a lot when I went through my op and treatments with him with his tone of voice and words of comfort. otherwise I dont know how I could survive the second m/c.

I'm now 7 months pregnant. But because of my past m/c experiences, I had been very paranoid during the first 3 months and even until now. I cant help but fear for my baby's well being.

This is my personal experience and views on Dr Yang.

Hi,

I'd like to recommend Tanny Chan. She was my gynae when I was pregnant with my boy 5 years ago. Recently, I went to see her again for ops to remove my cysts. She's a very gentle n caring old lady and I feel very comfortable with her. She's also very experienced, though her charges are on the high side.

Hi
Me currently seeing Dr Tanny Chan.
Agreed with KCH, Dr Tanny Chan is gentle & comforting.

Had D&C 3 weeks ago, she was very comforting & encouraging during d "ordeal".

My aunt & cousin engaged her as their gynae too.

Hi MTBs,

I am due to deliver this mth on the 29th Dec.. so excited!! The gynae who has been taking really good care of me since my pregnancy is DR Tan Hang Yang. I would highly recommend him as he is a very caring and responsible gynae. Most importantly, he is a very experienced gynae and will be able to help you with any problems that you may encounter in your pregnancy. When I wanted to opt for c-section to avoid the labor pain, he suggested otherwise. I mean, a c-section would be easier for his scheduling but he did not do so and encouraged me to go for natural delivery. That is why I feel that I am in safe hands and I would hope all MTBs would have a caring gynae like Dr Tan who really care for his patients. I look forward to all my visits with him as I am really comfortable with Dr Tan.

Wishing all smooth pregnancies and safe delivery!

Hi,

I would like to know whether any doctors in gleneagles have a full package for consultation to delivery?

How much is it?

Thanks

Hi,

I second Jacelyn. Dr Tan Han Yang delivered my 2 boys also. Very experienced and very careful doctor. You will feel very assured with him.
$1200 for package including consultation and delivery (regardless c-section or normal delivery). You can call clinic at 67343524 to enquire.

My sister-in-law saw Dr Chan Kong Hon. Very good reviews on his professionalism. He is very particular on the weight put on by the mummy though. ;)

Back