Any Good Pediatrician to recommend?

angel13

Hi all will appreciate if someone can recommend me a good Pd in either TMC or Bt Merah area. I will be delivering in a few weeks time and is now scouting around for Pd. Btw, is there a difference between a Pd's skill and a GP?

Hi Angel,

You can try Dr Terrance Tan at Mt Alvernia if you don't mind. My boy is now 15mths and all along have been consulting him. He is a very patient and friendly doctor. I always bring along a long list to ask question and he never showed me any impatientness.

Angel13,

You can try Dr. Ong Eng Keow from Singapore Baby and Child Clinic (5th Floor TMC). Whatever it is, AVOID Dr. AAT from the 3rd floor clinic.

Hi Angel,

You can Dr Ong from Aglow Clinic at United Square. I'm very pleased with his service. Very patient and detailed.

Hi Angel, yes, i also strongly recommend Dr Terrance Tan fr Mt A. He is really a gd doctor. Once when my gal had high fever in the middle of the nite and we were lost, we gave Dr Tan a call and he helpfully gave us all the nec advice and steps to do at home.
happy.gif

Hi Mom & Sandy_bibi,

Glad to hear from both of you that Dr Terrance Tan is good. My gynae has just allocated Dr Terrance Tan as my Pediatrician cos' I am going to deliver soon at Mt A.
happy.gif

Thanks quench and Mom for the recommendation. Think I will try Dr Ong Eng Keow from Singapore Baby and Child Clinic at TMC first as my gynea has just recommended him to me as I will be delivering end of this week. =)

Hi Helena,

Can you tell me how much does Dr Ong E K charge for second consultation onwards and does he practise at the AMK branch?

bluebell,

My bb has gone to Dr. Koh and Dr. Ngiam from SBCC. The reason why I suggested Dr. Ong is because he is the one mostly based in the TMC branch. Dr. Ong is good, according to my friends.
Second consultation for my bb at SBCC was $60.

Both my kids goes to Dr Ngiam form Singapore Baby & Child Clinic @Gleneagles (7th Floor). He is very experience and patience. Note: you got to make appointment first. Usually long queue. I think he also practise @ SBCC - Ang Mo Kio during the evening on one of the weekdays.

Hi , can I chk the address of Dr Ngiam 's clinic at AMK? how is his charges like? and what does SBCC stand for?

Hi all mummies out there,

Any good PD or GP for toddlers near Jurong West?
Tks in advance!

Hi All, Pls do not choose Dr Tan Kay Soon from MT Alvernia at Wonderland clinic as ur pd as he is the worst pd i ever met.he is rude and stuck up!Do u all know where to file a complaint against him coz he told me:"Although the questions u ask r stupid, but i will still answer it n i feel humilated.Thanks@

I wish to add on.. Dont go to Katong Baby. He claimed that my baby had allergy to detergent that is why she had rashes. When we got home, she vomitted and had fever slightly later. When i call him, he said.. but she did not vomit in the clinic or have fever and dun bother coming to the A&E at Eastshore (where he is during the night), just feed her glucose will do. my baby did not drink milk for half a day and after i fed her water, she vomitted the water. I rushed her to TMC and was diagnosed with viral infection. I did a check with my GP. She mentioned that this guy is notorious in the medical circle.

Dear all,

If you intend to deliver at TMC, CHOOSE Singapore Baby and Child Clinic located on the 5th floor. All the doctors at SBCC are good. You can check around to verify what I say.

At all costs, AVOID going to the clinic on the 3rd floor. My husband and I had a nightmare. The PDs there are known to be sub-standard.

mummylynne,
Lodge a complaint with the Singapore Medical Association or Ministry of Health. Better still, write to forum page.

mummylynne,
Forget Singapore Medical Association. Try the Singapore Medical Council instead. You can call them on 6372 3067.

Hi Helena, thanks@
Now i am changing to another PD at Hougang area called Saw Clinic and the doc is very patient n nice.told him abt TAN KAY SOON n he says "oh, that old man",think his name is popular due to his rude attitude@ Will call to complain asap,hee@

hi helena

why did u say the PDs at 3rd floor are sub-standard? pls share with us your experience... i have visted PD at 3rd floor and want to change to another PD.

thanks

joey,

i doubt you can change since you would have already signed on the immunisation package with them.

hi helena

i didn't sign with them... cos i don't really feel good abt AAT. i suspect she might over "react" and made my 1 week old bb went thru all the pains and stress (under ICU for a week, scanning, x-ray, starving for 5 days)... cos at the end, she could not even tell us the problem.

u can also reach me at my email [email protected].

I thought the clinic would make you sign up? Isn't it compulsory? They made it seem to be so. I'm glad I "escaped".

If you do not feel good abt your PD, I suggest you change to another. Or seek a second opinion. Never hesitate.

yes, she did make it sound like compulsory but we have already done our homework about the immunisation.

i told my hubby that if we have decided not to go back to her for the immunisation, it may also mean that we will not go back to her as our PD.

hi joey,
i just took my bb for the 5 in one injection.doc did not ask me to sign up any package.so it cost $94.$90 include inject n consultation n $4 for fever med just in case.the night before, we will go to chinese med hall to buy "Pao shen" (buy little will do) , then took one or two slice n add boiling water and wait for ten mins with half or one oz water.then mix with milk n let bb drink and next day morn also do the same.heard this is the old method to prevent bb get fever.but when u took the med from doc, u can let bb drink first to prevent fever.after a few days bb will have no appetite n this is normal as per told by pd.

hi mummies,
wonder if you have any gd PD in woodlands or somewhere nearby to recommend for my SIL? Appreciate your feedback pl.. Thks!

Hi aloevera,

you can get yout SIL to try Angeline's Baby & Child Clinic @ Woodlands Street Tel 63661011.
my son has been seeing her for a year plus, nice lady doctor.

hi, joey

I have heard before of this method that mummylynne mentioned .. my aunt used to do that for her son before he goes for his jabs and it works! dun buy lin yang coz its too cooling for the baby, pao shen is fine. you can buy it fm Hock Hua Medical Shops, they usually have promotions like buy one get one free.

also, can anyone recommend a good PD in ESH?

thks!

Mummulynne,

Don't you find that the PD you mention at Hougang charges are very high? Compared to PD in KKH, in fact more! Just a normal clinic without air-con!

I was charge for more than 60 bucks for only minor cough. Now I bring my baby to see doctor at Hougang polyclinic, much more cheaper, only 4 bucks and medication 70 cents only. The doctor there can handle very well for minor ailment. But of course when it is more serious, I will bring my baby; to KKH Children A&E Dept. The charges is $65 inclusive of medication.

Dr Terence Tan & his partner Dr Lee @ Mt Alvernia is good. Both my girls are seeing them since 2002 till today. They are patient, friendly, compassionate... importantly, handle children very well.

Any comments on Dr. Ngiam, Dr William Yip & Dr Yip Yeng Yoong from SBCC.

May I know what is their charges at Glen E?

adora,
Dr. Ngiam is very experienced and patient. Very good. Highly recommended. Dunno about the other two but I feel that the paediatricians at SBCC are very good.
First time consultation would be $80. Subsequent, $45.

Hi adora,

Although i'm not a mum yet (going to be soon)..but I've come into contact with SBCC Drs b4 (at work).

Dr Ngiam T E is experienced, very patient, very approachable & nice to staff, parents & gentle to the kids.

Dr William Yip is very experienced & well-known for paediatric cardiology (kids with heart problems). He's also good with handling kids.

Dun have a very strong recall of Dr Yip...but he's also ok.

Dun worry...the Drs at SBCC (as far as i know) are generally approachable & friendly & experienced.
happy.gif

Hi,
My baby was a patient of Dr Thom*s Wong(used to be in Gleneagles and now shifted to Raffles). He was recommended by my gynae. Baby visited him twice, was quite ok with him. But once I was having fever and suspected that I would have bee infected by dengue fever. Called him once in the morning and the nurse said that he is busy and left a message. Till later afternoon, I gave the clinic a call again and wasn't able to talk to the doc. Was disappointed with the service and felt kinda neglected. I was waiting to breastfeed my baby.

So now baby is patronising "The Kid's Clinic" in Rivervale Mall. Her name is Aileen if I am not wrong, very friendly, patient and detail doc. She explained to me clearly what is 6in1 jab without me asking for explaination. I like her attitude....

Hi Hi

My 2 yrs old gal has been seeing Dr Thomas Wong since she was born, also recommended by gynae,find him quite ok, however, he's the type who u ask him, he'll answer, he won't provide additional info, not the talkative type..

Hi,
Had just delivered a baby boy, would like to check any PD recommendation ard Tanjong Pagar/Bt Merah area?

Hi all,
I too am looking for a good PD in Bt Merah area.It seems most of the suggested PDs are in TMC.Any recommendation for Bt Merah area.

Thanks
SRM

I like to use Dr Ong Eng Keow of Singapore Baby Clinic in TMC 5th floor. As he can always ease our panic. I give birth in TMC and my son's pediatrician was Dr Ang PT i didnt like it.

Hi,

My son is seeing Dr PL Ang... though he is the "chop chop" type... but frankly speaking... his medicine work.

My son been seeing him for the past 2 years plus.

Hi ladies, I've heard that Dr Terence Tan is really good but there is always a long queue to see him. Goes the same for Dr Koh Poh Kian (SBCC AMK). Now my girl is under Dr Ho Nai Kiong from Kinder Clinic at Paragon. I've got bad experience with Edmund Koh at Central Plaza.

hi

me also looking around for good PD around east side? Like bedok, Tampines / katong and east coast area

Anyone can introduce good pd for that areas?

thanks

Hi mums, getting a reliable PD for your child is important. However, if the PD always has a long queue waiting, it can be very frustrating.

My son used to be under Dr Koh PK fm SBCC AMK. I made appt for first patient 830am but still have to wait like crazy as the doctor can come in like 2 hours later. Now my daughter is under Dr Ho N.K from Kinder Clinic Paragon for her jabs.

Hi Gals! Me just delivered in tmc and saw dr koy, quite nice. But i stay in Jurong, too far from tmc. Any good PD in Jurong? Thanks

Back