Any good maid agencies to recommend?

I had posted my feedback on Yue Liang before and the agent called me to withdraw it because she said I broke her rice bowl. Out of pity, I withdrew it. But now I can't let other people to be her next victim. I engaged her service from mid January 2014 and only last week, 12 May 2014, I got my maid's WP done. She had been holding my application, I don't know for what reason! Letter after letter from MOM were received until my new/current maid's IPA was cancelled. Another obstacles was she didn't answer my calls. I had to call her many times. And when eventually she answered, she told me not to worry because mine was a "link-case". That's all she would tell me every time I asked.....link case....link case. But I don't have good feelings especially when dealing with government body like MOM. One day I sent an email to MOM telling them of my plight. MOM called me soon after they received my email to investigate. The helped me through and finally I was able to issue my maid's WP via online, MYSELF. I thought I don't want to have anything to do with the agency but unfortunately my maid's passport and medical report were with her, so she offered to fetch my maid from my home for her thumbprint. Even that she had to make my blood boiling. She told me her man will fetch my maid at 2pm on 12 May 14 but the man came at 3.20pm. As usual she told me not to worry and that her man was on the way. How was I not worried? I wouldn't want them to miss the appointment time because that was the only day left for her thumbprint given by MOM due to my case.

I went through nightmares with her. Furthermore the maids she provided are of poor quality. That's what I am facing now with the replacement/current maid from her agency.

Now there's another issue.....because she didn't cancel my previous maid's IPA with me, I had to pay 2 workers's levy since Mar 2014. My Apr levy is $385! I just sent an email to MOM for help. This agency told me last time that they will pay me back but looking at the situation that she is not answering my calls, I think I will have a hard time and my nightmare with her isn't over yet..... If possible I just want all my money back because she barely provide her service to me.

All I can say all those "wonderful" reviews abt this agency or Nora herself is outrageously fake. It's never true.

Hi NoraThameen I called daily to enquire on the status after I find that she is simply not moving things. She told me it is her staff and when I spoke to her staff, her staff told me she needs her boss' approval. I threatened to report to MOM and cancel my worker's permit. Today she is supposed to issue the new permit for my worker. If she doesn't, I am going to send my maid home. My husband wonders if she has some shady business with the maids.

Hi, have u paid the maid's loan to the agent? If yes, u will have problem getting ur loan back from her if u return ur maid. If ur maid is good then keep her but you have to fight for ur right as a client. Report ur case to MOM. I had to pay overstay fine for my maid but because it was not due to my fault, MOM waived it for me. You report to MOM and u will not be liable for things that was not caused by you.

Last edited:
Hello Nora Thameen, I am like both you and Butt8rfly received letter after letter from MOM. Everyday had to call MOM..solving all the maid issue. Worst, because maid was bring in by her, there is no way I could resolved all the letter after letter issues using my singpass. Maid quality suck. From the start I did list my requirements, maid must be able to speak and understand English. One day she called and tell me they found a maid can speak English and let me interview over the phone and everything went well.

Nightmares start kicking in when I saw the supposing could speak English maid, she totally cannot understand English. All she can do is to look blank and recite every single word i commanded for action. In the end I seek help from my cousin's maid to communicate with her, and found out she never had a word with me over an interview. Sigh! Different person came via the interviewed one.

Nightmares did not cease here, she then pushed me take an Indo maid who left her previous employment, as she does not want to look after the toddler. She know clearly I needed a maid to care for my toddler, yet still stuff a maid that has no heart for toddler. You can guest the outcome, the maid resign.

Not long later, she look for another Ex-Singapore Myanmar, but application declined. I was puzzled and called MOM to clarify and realized that she has been holding the 1st maid and 2nd maid under my name without my knowledge and agreement. Another surprise, my second maid start working with her old employer right immediately after I have sent her back to the agency, but she was under my employment for 2 good months yet working for other employer. I have call MOM and make a complaint about this illegal engagement arranged by agent.

Can you imagine, I have been giving levies for all 3 maids month after months concurrently, yet without or only 1 maid work for me. Although she said she will pay me back all the levies and insurance refund, but nothing had happened till today.

1st maid to 3rd maids all processes has been delayed, cancelled and re-instated. I believe I am now very famous in MOM due to all the frustrated phone calls. All her delayed or rather not moving follow-up had once caused my 3rd maid becoming an illegal stay status. I had to call and call MOM and visit MOM personally to resolve the issue with MOM.

As I said their maid quality make me puke.My 3rd maid poor English command, keep getting things wrong and when I get agitated raised my tone a little she argue back with a big eyes staring at me. Use middle finger to point at things. My toddler does not like to be close with her because of her her poor hygiene. After a long round so nagging she improved a little but odors still flooded my house very frequently. Worst of all, she love to be on mobile's chat for 3 to 4 hours ( way past 12 mn), every morning always move like a zombie..do thing without using a her brain, gave my toddler dangerous item to play. Big SIGH...get every done very slowly and dangerously.

We had enough for the past 7 months; all the agency nightmares from this Noor Hayah (Which called herself Nora), and 3 months of emotion torture by the 3rd maid. Time to let her go and look for another agency for quality maid.

All my previous maids were from Raymond maid and and quality are pretty ok, at least their maid does not talk back. This time round we did not select them because they have raised the agency fee to 2 thousand plus which close to 3 thousand (excluded maid loans). Few days ago I called them they have reduced priced to thousand plus, so I will reconsider going back to them. Please do not quote me, as the service might have depleted since then.

Nora Thameen and Butt8rfly should we all get together and head toward the small claim court for justification?

Last edited:
First of all, what was said about Nora is nt true.... her charges are expensive... she collects 6 months maid loan????

Secondly, Super maid agency located in far east shopping center, has the worst service ever. Especially a woman by the name of May. Oh my god so rude and in return she says we are rude.

They charged so high for the fees and maid loan and provide us with a useless arrogant maid.
One day my maid who working nt even completed 6months suddenly decided that she wanted to go back but insist she buy her own ticket and she do not wan to go to Jakartha instead return to Batam giving me the crap that her mum will be fetching her from Jakartha.

When i talk to the agency saying all this crap and nonsense that lady May shouting to me on the phone saying we ill treat the maid, whereas the maid is always alone at home from 9am to 2pm and followed by she will be with my 6year old son till 8pm daily... the rest of us are working and she gets weekly off on Sundays.

Anyway cut things short Super Maid Agency has the WORST maids and POOR staff in the office... i think should report them to MOM.

Will like to know if any mummies had brought any agencies to SCT and been successful in claiming service fee for poor/no service from maid agencies?

Back