Any good childcare centres to recommend in Alexandra/BukitMerah?

janmum

Hi mummies,
Do you know of any good childcare centres in Alexandra or Bukit Merah area that you could recommend or have heard of?

Thanks!

There is a Dardis Child Development Centre at Block 134 Jalan Bukit Merah. It is very near to the CTE exit (Jalan Bukit Merah). I don't send my child there but live next to the block. Looks decent. You may want to check it out. Good luck!

You can try Kids Space at Pasir Panjang. My baby is there for 4 months now and so far i'm quite pleased with the place.

The other place I've checked up before is Zion Babies/Toddlers at Depot Rd - which is situated between Alexandra and Bt Merah.

Hi Papa-smurf and lilaczero,

Thanks for your feedback.

Lilaczero,
I've checked out Zion babies / toddlers and this centre and the childcare centre at Alexandra Hospital is the two I have shortlisted, among the several centres within Alexandra / queenstown area.

Anyone has feedback on these two centres - Zion and childcare centre at Alexandra Hospital?
Thanks!

I am looking for a child care centre at between bukit merah and queenstown too.

I have enquired Learning Vision and Cherie hearts at harbourfront but the price seems abit steep for us.

Any feedback on Dardis Child Development Centre?
thanks!

My son is currently at Learning Vision @ Surbana One and i find that the interact btwn ctr & parents are very important & they did very well at that, u may wanna tk a look there. The teachers are very friendly & nice too.

He have been there since 20 mths old, he's reaching 36 mths next mth.

Hi,any good childcare to recommend in ang mo kio?my son currently in learning kidz in techpoint.any feedback whether it is good?thank you

i have shortlisted the following:
- eager beaver schoolhouse
- dardis child development
- mmi at bt merah

anyone has any recommendations/comments?

Hi AT,
My boy (2 yrs old) is in eager beaver schoolhouse now. He has been there for 3 months.

I am quite disappointed in the way they managed. My son has changed 2 teachers within the 3 months. He has to constantly adapt to new teachers.

The teacher that came recently does not really care for the toddlers. It looks like its only a job to her. When my son cried, instead of comforting him or talked to him, she cover her ears and say "SO LOUD!".

OMG!!!!! Is this how eager beaver select their teachers??

Hey Winnedy,

I have sent my sons to eager beaver..which teachers are u referring to? which class is he in? my 2 yrs old son is in vicky violet. his teachers are may and alice. i find them rather good..patient enough for my son. he just started school last week.

Hi Winnedy,

I am keen to put my girl (2 yrs 3 months now) in eager beaver. I went to view the school today and is pleased with the environment. Also, the teacher has told me they are adding swimming lessons which would interest my girl.

i do think teachers are important and play a big part. How is your son coping?

Hello andric,
How is your reivew of EB?

Hi mummies,
I have recently also placed my elder boy in Eager Beaver Bukit Merah.

Totally agree that teachers play an important role and a big part. So far, am quite pleased with the teacher there.

Hi Ning, I don't have quite good impression of Eager Beaver at the Bukit Merah Swimming Complex (near to the interchange). They recently have Hands Foot Mouth Disease outbreak and the centre failed to inform us parents till much later when damage is done. And they didn't seem to do a good job in confining the HFMD as well as just another 5 more cases of HFMD reported yesterday. Am now looking for child care nearby this area. Any good recommendations from mummy?

Hi,

My child is attending MMI at old housing board. It is just opposite EB Bukit Merah. So far so good. The teachers are caring and they emphasize a lot of character building and good mannerism..

Anyone else can feedback on MMI at Bukit Merah? How are the teachers? How have your kids development and progress been?

My comments never send your kids to Cherie Hearts @ Depot... They claimed my kid fell down himself (which I don't believe) causing a permanent scar on forehead and they don't sent your child to hospital during emergency when my kid asthma attack. (moderate severe to severe). Very angry, given them 1 chance already... Had transferred him to another childcare and complain mcys (early childhood development), they are following up on my complains. Put your kid there on your own risk.

I visited Childhood Builder a couple of months ago. The place although looks new, its very small.. They don't have that many students as it is still a new school, but I think when more kids come in, the lack of space will be quite apparent. The play are for the playgroup is also quite sparse. There is just a small playground. I understand the older kids do get to go out somewhere to play I think. But was quite disappointed.

Back