1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

Any difference between milk powder bought from Malaysia and Singapore

Discussion in 'Temporary Holding Place' started by banazz, Jan 5, 2010.

1. sikerk

sikerk New Member

Hello mummy here...
    i am driving everyday from JB to singapore,
    also helping friend and colleague to buy product from JB to earn some extra money,
    if mummy in sg wish to get someone help to buy baby product related can PM me or email me at sikerk@hotmail.com

Mercury_Blue likes this.
  2. adhd.dad

adhd.dad Member

I am sure this is untrue. You mean to say they can sell Malaysians an inferior product? Singapore FM costs more because the costs here are higher.

3. coachy0203

coachy0203 Member

In my opinion, the quality of the FM in Malaysia and Singapore should be more or less the same, the reason they inter-change the ingredients is just to confuse us lol since not many of us can understand the "words" they use in the ingredients. There are a few reasons Malaysian's FM is cheaper:
    - They are subsidized by the Government, either these brands are paying less taxes, or no taxes at all compare to Singapore's.
    - Malaysian stores/ shopping malls are generally paying less rental and lower labor costs compare to Singapore.
    - Malaysian's population is a lot more compare to Singapore's, these companies earn more with the volume wise, also logistics parts they can ship more with the lesser cost. (if i book one container the cost is a lot higher compare to if i book 10 containers)
    - Generally, Malaysian's income is less than Singaporean, if they sell more, not many people can afford it.

For me, if all the Malaysians who are taking these FM has been raising healthily and beautifully, so can my baby lol so i dont mind pay lesser to get the FM from Malaysia whenever i can.

adhd.dad likes this.
  4. adhd.dad

adhd.dad Member

Well said, coachy0203. They have economies of scale and other factors in their favor.