Any comment on Dr Joan Thong of Raffles hospital

Dr thong always super bz. any question write down and i am sure she will try her best to answer all even with the limited time.

her favourite phrase before end of consultation, "ok, see you next time"

whahaa.. it seems like i am gng to see her once again!

Hi Carole,

Are you expecting your second one?
happy.gif
If yes, CONGRATULATIONS!!

aleixis: dunno .. lol... waiting for Dr thong to come back week after next to cfm whahaha..

larry, dr thong can be quite fierce if one doesnt follow instructions hor... just be careful, i kena from her once during my 1st pregnancy. well, but she meant good too.

joyful: whahaha.. u more kanchiong than me lehz. i took a kit from my bil, he is a GP. then tested. so i asked my bil, how come ur kit doesnt know how to tell lies one.. whahaha.. he was stunned.
happy.gif
well, its a clear clear 2 lines lor.. whahaha.. will wait for our dear dr thong to come back from her europe trip.
happy.gif

Congrats!! Finally..long awaited gd news hor.. Wait for our hip Dr Thong to scan for your bb heartbeat & let me know your EDD hor!

kekeke.. i got an appt with her on 8 aug, then change to 7 aug then, her nurse called me... "Carole any good news?" I said, yes, if nt also wont call to see her lah.. lol

she said, "appt on 7 aug, i squeeze for u on 6 aug at 5.40pm."

frankly i am dying to see this little cutie. wondering if she/he doing fine.
happy.gif
getting excited all over again.

i must say, this nurse damn cute... so sweet, good that i know her well, must buy her some tibits when i go see her on monday .. ekekekeke

Feeling gan cheong but happy right.. can't wait for monday right.. keke
Izit the same Filipino nurse? She's a very nice lady.

Waa....our dear Dr Thong is away in Europe for another holiday? I thought she just went to Barcelona about 2-3 months ago! Yes, she is indeed very hip! Always love her dress sense!

alexis: ya manz, she can dress super nice at 2+am that time when she comes deliver me u know.. whaha. there's once i saw her hair damn wet n messy, thats why i was in week 7 and bleeding.. lol

I love her suits! damn nice manz. too bad, i poor housewife, no money to buy what she wears lor.

She likes LV, bet she went europe to rob her hb with tonnes of LV. whahhahahaha

As for her nurse, i know her since the replacement of her former nurse in 2002. She is nice n cheerful, always can joke one, and best, if u walk away... she will buzz me to ask me time to get my ass back.

Carole...

Waa...2 am in the morning? Mine was near midnight when she visited me after her late night surgery. She still looked good at that hour of the night! Amazing!

Then, after my delivery and when i was still in the hospital on a Sat, she came by dressed in a white tennis outfit (because she was going for tennis after that). No wonder she is so fit!

Do u know if she has kids and how old?

Funny, i thought i remembered that she mentioned about kids before.

Anyway, how was your visit today? Good news?

alexis: i followed her since 2000, never seen her got pregnant lehz.
happy.gif

yes yes, she found the sac, then she said, i dun see bb.. my heart stopped.. then she push push, arhz.. bb found with little heartbeat! kekeke.. thank god. for a moment i was soo upset.
happy.gif

edd 31 march/early april

Hi Carol,

Congrates to you. Dr Thong is also my gynae, I have given birth this year Apr. Agreed that her Filipino nurse was nice. Her name is "Between"... (didn't know the correct spelling but is pronounce like that)

Carole,
bb played hide-and-seek with u during the scan huh.. keke.. take gd care of yourself hor, don't carry heavy weight, eat healthy etc.. have a smooth 9-months ahead
happy.gif

joyful: lol ya. noti right... bb hates to brush teeth.. everytime i brushes my teeth, sure wan to vomit.. heng no MS.
happy.gif

Carole,

Of course! Happy for you mah! After gone through this once, i know how it feels...the excitement and joy each time when i see the baby during the scans...etc !
happy.gif
Always couldnt wait till the next visit again to see how much she has grown...
happy.gif

My baby girl is now 5+ months old. Every time i look at her, i still marvel at this little miracle that has come into our lives...
happy.gif

Hi there,

I just given birth my baby boy, Dr Thong was my gynae. She is really good. I agreed with you all that she got a very good fashion sense and all her suits very nice :D.

Dr. Thongs nurse is Beatrice a very nice lady as well.

I've asked Dr Thong's nurse how to spell her name, her name is Bitui.

My cousin who also visits Dr Thong said that Dr Thong isn't married. But well, perhaps she got wrong info.

Dr Thong is married. She ever mention going somewhere for holiday with her husband. But I heard that she has no children.

belinda: her current charges are from 2.2k onwards.

Dr Thong is married without kids. :p

When i was in delivery suite waiting for the time, she came by at abt 8pm, i told her to go home to accompany hubby, she said nahz.. she already deploy him to catch a movie. Then she is back again at 10pm and 12am.. i asked her... she dun miss hubby one.. she smiles.. and said, she gng home... god knows she kena called back by my Midwife at 2am. poor thing

i was quoted 2.2k for my antenatal pakage in my 10th week wherelse my friend who has a caucasian hubby was quoted 2.8k in her 24th week!!

her husband was very angry and said that they are very unprofessional coz just because he is an "ang moh" doesnt mean they should over charge!

raffles' reason for quoting them 2.8k was that it is their NORMAL rate and i got 2.2k was because they MISCALCULATE my package so no choice have to honour their word.

I am Dr Thong is my gynae too and my Antenatal package is S$2.5k.
But I am really ok with it because I had some complications and came back almost every week to see Dr Thong after I sign up the package. By right, she suppose to charge me for it because package entitlement for 2nd trimester is once every month, but she only charge me for the medication.
happy.gif

STORM, each and every patients got different charges. Each and everyone has a different problem so the charges varies as well. My SIL is with Dr Thong too. And her charges are the same as u.

Frankly, if i am quote with 2.8k, i will still go for her. Dr Thong is a very professional gynae. You can call on her anytime of the day or night and she is always there and even rush down from her home in 15 mins. When i had bleeding at week 7 (its a SUNDAY) for #2, i called her, and she was on the line the next moment. She asked me to zoom down her clinic and u wil be surprise that she doesnt charge you extra for her on call service. I had my 1st child with her, and i told hubby, that if he finds it too ex, i can always go for a cheaper one... he said, dun be silly, u cant find another such professional gynae ard.

Hb was with me once to see a Gynae at AMK before i was expecting #1. HE was shocked by the way this male gynae handled me, and he was damn pissed. So what if his charges are cheap 500.

Cheap doesn't necessary mean good, and it's worthwhile paying for good service.

Carole,
Well said!
Btw how are u getting on? Long time since I check this website & didn't get to see you online.

chovin, due in oct.
happy.gif

joyful, nvr been better.. gng to see Dr Thong again on Monday! soo happy. but it will be NT scan before i see her.

seriously speaking, i see lots of her Clients from Angmoh to Black (indians/south africans looks alike). so is her charges that unprofessional? Raffles is a PTE hosp. and i recall Dr Thong told me that the MOH has increased many times $ just for their operating license. Cant be the Doctors absorbing the license $ right? or maybe.. Singaporeans has a slight discount over the package? who knows...

if want a cheaper package.. i think even KKH premier package dun come cheap as well.
happy.gif

I suppose to see Dr Eunice Chua at TMC as my husband's friend recommended her. I think her charges is about the same range as Dr Thong. But I decided to go back to Dr Thong as she knows my condition better and I am definitely more comfortable and at ease having her as my gynae.

Storm, do a simple calculation.. u will roughly get it why the charges for your friend is so high...

Example, most of us starts to see Dr Thong at week 6. And visit to her clinic will be fortnightly till we are in our 12weeks. then followed by 1x a mth till 32 weeks. here's some of my calculations... hope this will help to lessen your friend's midset of Unprofessional...

Week 6 - week 12 (visit at 6, 8, 10 ) **week 12 usually start of antenatal
3 x SGD 100 consultation = S$300
Folic acid and other medication Est SGD 200 = S$200
Scans/reports for 3 x SGD60 = S$180
Total : SGD 300 + SGD 200 + SGD 180 = S$680

the estimate is based on a normal patient who starts at week 6, we already spent $680. on top of that we stil hv to pay abt 2.2k of antenatal package. which totals up to SGD 2880 (does nt incl GST yet).

I m not sure if you understands what i am telling you. But its just normal that the hosp cant charge ur friend even cheaper than those patients who already spent lots before your friend.

if He finds it very unreasonable, why dint he ask to speak to Dr thong instead? i am sure she is open to discussion. I spoke to one of the nurse before, if the patient cant afford, Dr Thong is very ready to hv an open discussion.

Last Oct, i have a surgery done by Dr Thong. Then hb had all his finance all tied up due to purchase of a house and selling and topping up. We told Dr Thong our problem, she acutally helped us by letting us know that we can claim via insurance instead. She is very helpful, but one has to open up so that she knows.

carole,
Great to hear that! u must be v happy now & looking forward to Oct hor. How's the NT scan? hope everything's fine
happy.gif

NT scan is good.. 1: 10xxx.. dr thong is very happy with the results too. gng back to see her 10th May. :p

i always stand by the rules of just a healthy child. Gender is not an issue, esp my MIL got tonnes of boys.. whhaha

Back