A good child care at sembawang??

Hi Elmo80, I'm sending my 18 month daughter to carpe diem in Canada road tomorrow... Hopefully I can provide some information after picking my daughter up... Having some jitters sending her to school, I hope I'm sending her to the right school...
happy.gif

hi mummies

does your kid's ccc teach them to dance other than singing? and let them perform their dances on special occasions like national day or chinese new yr?

Hi Elmo80,

Just brought my daughter back from school. So far, she didn't cry and she enjoyed herself. The teachers have quite good teamwork, from my observation, they seemed to help each other out alot... Morning was a little chaotic though, coz all the kids from different level have their breakfast together, but the teachers try to get everybody to eat together then after that it's assembly time. So far, everything seems okie. So I left the school and picked her up after lunch time. Also seems okie, the kids all have their bath and they were preparing to nap already. Also met the director helping out... The kids seems quite happy... Maybe too early to tell since it's only the first day. But so far so good...
happy.gif

Hi Elmo,

I withdrawn my gal fr Cambridge admiral hill.

I hv visited CD twice. Most likely will enroll my gal to CD.

One of the mommy here also sent her son to CD. So far, she is happy with them..

Haiz...hope this time I am making the right decision

Hi Sufeiya,
Thanks for sharing and im glad that your gal enjoyed herself in cD. I popped by this evening with my hb at CD and was attended by the Director who showed us around the premise. Nice place but didnt get to see the lesson as it was almost time to go back for most of the kids. Was keen to know more about their school syallbus, hopefully the Director will email us as this will be one of the factors when we make decision for the cc.

Hi Breezy

Care to share with me the reasons of withdrawing your gal from cambridge? Btw, how old is your gal?

Hi Elmo80, no worries... Believed both of us met the same director today... I didn't get to see the lessons too, only managed to take pics of the time tables and also menus for the toddler range... Because I didn't want to linger too long in case my daughter keeps looking for me so had to do disappearing act... Do share with me on your thoughts about CD in case you send your child there too... I'm a first time parent sending my child to a childcare and also hopes for the best for her...
happy.gif

Hi Breezy

I Hv jus send my gal to Cambridge recently. Care to share why did u withdrawn her from cambridge? May I know which class yr gal is in?

Hi Mummies,

Just to share my experience here.

My child used to attend a Montessori CC in Sembawang. My child was there for around 6 mths and would cry & vomit at the gate almost every morning. I had tried to engage the principal to see how I can help my child to adapt better but she always brushed me off by replying all kids were the same and they would get over it soon. 4 mths gone, there was no improvement at all, my child still refused to go to CC in the morning. Then the teachers started to get impatient and my child ended up scolded by 5 teachers in one day. From then on my child even more phobia to go CC. Worse still my child had nightmare every night since the first day of CC. Noting all these, I realized it is time to change CC.

I searched and found out about Li'l Einstein here. My family visited the CC and my child kind of like the place. Not big but cozy. The ratio is 1:7 per class only. The principal is very engaging and attentive, so we decided to trial for 2 weeks. As I had spoken to the principal about my child's problems in CC during the visit, such as cry & vomit every morning, don't drink milk before nap and don't like to try new food, she took the initiative to contact me on the first day of trial to discuss how to tackle these problems. Though my child still cry every morning but only vomited once during the first week trial. My child also started drinking and finishing milk for the first time in CC on the 2nd day. The menu in Li'l Einstein is fantastic too. My child even eat breakfast in CC which is very rare. The best part is my child no longer has nightmare at night. We have decided let my child stay in Li'l Einstein after the first week of trial.

My observation is the staffs in Li'l Einstein are caring and attentive. They also believe each child is an individual and would apply different approach to different child to get the same effect. This is the commitment that I can't get in the Montessori CC. So now I am looking forward to the day my child would wave goodbye to me happily in the morning.

Wish everyone all the best in getting the suitable CC for your child.

oh wee pheng lilian (elmo80) , starlearner have you visited? better dont let your kids go.. ^-^ .. just my personal opinion. Montessori CC in Sembawang also the worst (i pass by most of the time)

Shoppes @Sg (duffysg) ,

my gal exactly like your child. last time vomit and cry .. dont sleep eat sch food. everything the same.

finally i withdraw her from cherie heart.

Now she is happily go sch at 309 canberra 1.15-5.15pm.

I let my girl try from aug2012 till 8feb at cherie heart. (about 6months) she still dont seem happy to go there.

but at 309canberra, less than 2weeks. now she happily learning, I even went to toy musuem with her this monday. (PAP teacher really diff compare to those foreign teacher)...

K1 very impt year, lucky my gal settle down. start to learn thing.

my gal back home, dance and sing again just like last time when she was N1.... ^-^

hope all mummy get the good cc for your kids too.

Hi all sembawang mummies,

My boy is 10mths now. I am thinking to send him to childcare when 18 mths. It seems like a bit late to start searching now.. Sigh..

My fren recommended Glory Joy, has any mummy put their kid there? Can share?

Also how abt My First School at blk 331 sembawang?

Thanks for sharing! I m so 'gan jiong' now, worried cant find a good one in time.. Sigh..

Today is my boy fourth days at school, still cant settle down and cry but the teacher ask us to leave the boy there. After we leave he seen ok with that.

What should I do to don let him cry every morning?Any mummy can teach me how to handle this situation? Thanks.

Hi
I am a new Mom,
baby is 1 month plus.

Will send him to infant care
sparkletots blk 337
when he turns 5 months.

Any sharing from Mommies?
Thank you

Hi Jaya,

Could you please PM me your child's previous school in Woodlands as i'm sourcing the CC currently.

Thank you.

Saw one or two asking about Cambridge. We joined at the beginning of the year and felt a tad unfamiliar at first but now it feels like family. We are happy. It's fulfilling what we are looking for in a preschool - instill a love for school, keenness to apply what was imparted during lessons, love for learning, manners, empathy, confidence. So far so good. The teachers are very warm but firm.

Hi sembawangmummy,

Montessori CC in Sembawang u are refering STAR LEARNERS MONTESSORI @ SEMBAWANG PTE. LTD.
355, SEMBAWANG WAY, #02 - 02, SINGAPORE 750355

this one?? i am thiking sending my girl there.. any feedback?

Hi Mary, I just happen to know that the childcare centre which occupied 355 Sembawang Way #02-02 was Joy Montessori (I took a walk around there the year before). So I checked childcare link (http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/), and realised that Star Learner's Montessori is indeed at that address, and started towards the end of last year -its license was issued in Nov 2012.

So I don't think its the same Montessori CC that was mentioned earlier in this thread, as that one was in operation for at least 6 months before 27 Feb 2013.

All the best in your search!

shortlised my first skool & PCF sparkletots to send my girl when she turned 24months. 6 more mths to go from now...

any mummies care to share reviews & experiences from this 2 schs?
happy.gif

ive called up my first skool previously & they told me there are 200 child in the waiting list! waiting time estimated to be 2years?!

not sure about sparkletots though...

Hi, Kerryn. i enquired with My First Skool last year too and there was already a looooong waiting list. i didn't pursue it. i was also very interested in Sparklelots but there was a waiting list too. Two of my neighbours signed up onto the waiting list last year. this year, both were told that there were places available (they declined as their children were were-adapted to the childcare centers they were in). Have you visited Sparkletots? i saw it as it was being set up and liked it. but i didn't want to be on a waiting list.

Hi,

I am sending my son to Cherie Hearts @ Admirax in August.

My son is 10 months old now

After reading the reviews posted by mummies, I am kinda worry.

Appreciate if you girls can share with me.

Star Learners at Sembawang is good. My daughter (now 23 months) enrolled in April and she has learned so much.

Mummies who have children in Cherryland @Sembawang... Can I have your feedback?
I have enrolled my kids there for next year due to all other CC being full.. I am quite concerned as I read alot of negative reviews.

glad to find this thread... my son will be 3 next year march... am looking for N1 or N2 ... mummies please advice on good schools to enrol around sembawang... thanks in advance...

is there any FB page on sembawang mummies?

went down for site visit at the star learners near SCC 2weeks ago & finally enrolled my girl yesterday.
will only start her off in March 2014 when she turn 2yr 3mths old. she will be in the Nursery 1 (N1) class.

the fees/prices for N1 class as of now are:

registration fees $117.70 (waived during open house on 28 Sep)
deposit $850
Monthly fees $909 (after subsidy we will pay $509)
Uniform $25/set
PE Attire $20/set (1set FOC during open house on 28 Sep)
Insurance $20
PVC Mattress $40
Mattress Covers $20

However, we will still try to attend the open house on 28 Sep if we can make it
icon_biggrin.gif

any mummies/daddies already put ur child in there care to share some reviews? what to note & to expect?

Hi all, I'm looking for school bus service to fetch my child from Sembawang to a childcare near chong pang. That cc don't have school bus service so I got to source myself.

Appreciate if any1 can share the bus operator contact. Will check if they willing to fetch not. Thanks

Anyone have children currently at Li'l Einstens Early Learning Ctr at jalan Cherpen ? I'm looking for a good childcare for my song (nursery 2).

Have shortlisted a few childcare around yishun/sembawang are :
1. Li'l Einstens Early Learning Centre (Jalan Cherpen)
2. Emmanuel Child Educare (Jalan Malu Malu)
3. Shooting Star (Jalan Shaer)
4. Eager Beaver at yishun
5. Nurture Star at Safra Yishun

Appreciate your recommendations..Thank you

Any comments on My Little Campus above Sembawang Mart? Environment wise, i really prefer Kinderland at Civic Centre. Clean and spacious. Can anyone comment on teacher's quality?

Hi resourceful mummy,
I have visited mindchamps, patschoolhouse, green tree Montessori, Carpe Diem n little Einsteins. Any mummies can share with me ur experience with Patschoolhouse in Sembawang n Carpe Diem in Canada road. I'm kinda like both of these preschool. I came across the thread with regards to Cambridge Admiral Hill n the school seems has a good facility. Please share with me yea. Many thanks.

Saw one or two asking about Cambridge. We joined at the beginning of the year and felt a tad unfamiliar at first but now it feels like family. We are happy. It's fulfilling what we are looking for in a preschool - instill a love for school, keenness to apply what was imparted during lessons, love for learning, manners, empathy, confidence. So far so good. The teachers are very warm but firm.[/QUOTE
My girl b joining Cambridge Admiral Hill this Feb. Any feedback from mummy here?
Hi,
I'm considering Cambridge at Admiral Hill for my boy. Can you share with me the school curriculum? Is it good and sufficient? Do u still send ur child to academic enrichment class like I can read? Or the reading and writing program from the school is enough? How is the teacher? Appreciate u can share with me more. I'm so dilemma in looking the right cc. Thanks

Hi sufeiya

I Hv been there once, very attracted by the setting n environment. But just feel the teachers n director, do not seem to be very passionate towards the kids. Kids there seems to b inactive n not as bubbly as compare to other centre. Hence I cross out this centre.
Hi,
I'm considering Cambridge at Admiral Hill for my boy. Can you share with me the school curriculum? Is it good and sufficient? Do u still send ur child to academic enrichment class like I can read? Or the reading and writing program from the school is enough? How is the teacher? Appreciate u can share with me more. I'm so dilemma in looking the right cc. Thanks

Back