6 Days of Spotting. Getting heavier.

Berrylum

Hi mummies,

I started feeling a little unwell (indigestion feeling and slight flu symptoms) 5 days before my period was due. 4 days before my period was due, I saw pink bloodstain on my underwear. I thought my period had arrived. I use tampons. Later during the day, my tampon was stained w dark brown blood, not unusual for my first days.

This “period” however, disappeared within mere hours.

Was very excited. Thought I might be experiencing implantation bleeding as I never ever spot before a period.

2-3 days on, I only see very very light hints of brown blood when I wipe after visiting the bathroom. I read that this is common for implantation bleeding. I did a home test and nothing showed up. I was still 1 day away from my usually on-time period. The next day, I tested again and a very faint line showed up. Very very excited. At this point, I am still experiencing trace amounts of brown blood every time I wipe. I also experienced nausea and slight cramps.

Sadly this does not stop. I am now spotting for 6 consecutive days (2 days late) and it has gotten heavier this morning. I would dread to Imagine that I am totally not pregnant or had a chemical pregnancy. If I was pregnant at all, I would be 4 weeks.

Has anyone here experienced spotting to this extent? I read online that implantation bleeding is not supposed to last this long or get heavier as days go by.

I am looking to test again tomorrow morning. Not hopeful and very sad. Hope someone here has some experience to share. TIA.

ps. I’m not doing IVF.

Last edited:

Would you like to visit a gynae clinic or something? If you're pregnant they may be able to prescribe you some progesterone pills to reduce/stop the spotting if suitable for your case?

Would you like to visit a gynae clinic or something? If you're pregnant they may be able to prescribe you some progesterone pills to reduce/stop the spotting if suitable for your case?

Thank you for your reply. I have an appointment but gynae’s earliest available date is next Tuesday. I wonder if it’s safe to wait that long?

Hi just to share my experience. I encountered like this before, my period came a few days before it’s supposed to (and I have a regular cycle).

First couple of days there’s light blood seen on my pad. Whenever I wipe it barely shows any blood. But subsequent days got abit heavier and period stopped. Tried taking pregnancy tests but shows negative.Might be due to exercise or other factors in ur life that’s why period will have some changes?at least that’s what happened to me! hoping for good news tho :)

Thanks for sharing. It’s so hard to find people who’ve had similar experiences and only very generic info online so I really appreciate all you ladies who tried to help. It really brought comfort.

An update for this topic.. it ended as a chemical pregnancy with no definitive answer as to how it happened but Doctor says embryo was not ideal therefore did not implant well. He said it’s common but not quite so to him in my age group as I’m supposed to be in my “prime”. I’m restarting the trying process now.

Hi, I'm not sure if my experience is relevant or not, but I just found out my pregnancy unexpectedly recently.

So I've been very stressed at work lately and I thought my menses was going haywire. I had spotting for 3 weeks & eventually turned into bleeding for one week. I soak about half of my panty liners and there was blood everytime I wipe myself after urination. Then I went to KK and found out I was pregnant (est. 5weeks).

But the doctors were unable to give me a reason for my bleeding, so I can wait until next week for the follow up appointment to see if my bb is growing and if this pregnancy is viable.

Hi, I'm not sure if my experience is relevant or not, but I just found out my pregnancy unexpectedly recently.

So I've been very stressed at work lately and I thought my menses was going haywire. I had spotting for 3 weeks & eventually turned into bleeding for one week. I soak about half of my panty liners and there was blood everytime I wipe myself after urination. Then I went to KK and found out I was pregnant (est. 5weeks).

But the doctors were unable to give me a reason for my bleeding, so I can wait until next week for the follow up appointment to see if my bb is growing and if this pregnancy is viable.

Fingers crossed for you my dear. Hope all goes well. My gynae also could not really explain why I was bleeding for an entire week. Keep your spirits up in the meantime.

Fingers crossed for you my dear. Hope all goes well. My gynae also could not really explain why I was bleeding for an entire week. Keep your spirits up in the meantime.
Hi Berrylum, thanks for your well wishes.. I went for a check up on 30-Oct as I had very heavy bleeding the previous night. Doctor at KK told me my embryo didn't grow and heartbeat wasn't detected yet, so currently I'm just waiting for the miscarriage to happen this week.

Jiayou ok! Must remember to see the doctor immediately if anything is not normal and keep the stress away.

Hi Berrylum, thanks for your well wishes.. I went for a check up on 30-Oct as I had very heavy bleeding the previous night. Doctor at KK told me my embryo didn't grow and heartbeat wasn't detected yet, so currently I'm just waiting for the miscarriage to happen this week.

Jiayou ok! Must remember to see the doctor immediately if anything is not normal and keep the stress away.
-Hugs-

I find there doesn’t seem to be much info or support for first-timers on early pregnancy bleeding. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope both our next pregnancies can be a lot smoother than what we both went through. <3

Back