(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Last time my gynae say my placenta low too but shouldn't be so much concern. Don't squat too much.

Me ..... I wan to swim too cause I eat too much, my body expanding and butt sagged.

18 weeks have ms? :(
Mine at 14 weeks still have too, I thought already subsided but last night keep burping and after dinner is so bloated that I can't sleep.

I really salute those mums who can lug their medela to work, pump and store the milk bag in fridge, that is so much work and they still preserve on. Don't think I can :p

sianz..... i hope i'm not that unlucky one who will continue to vomit until delivery..... try not to eat too heavy at dinner.... it will make u feel sooo..... uncomfortable

Yup and I dun think it is nice to pump inside the toilet haha.. So there's no place for me to pump the milk :(

ya...... the thought of pumping the milk in the toilet doesn't feel good.... but I have colleague who done that.... and when I went to the toilet, i can hear the pumping sound.... hahhaha......

Any mummies have this incident that the initial gynea u are seeing is change to another one? Coz initially I went to the clinic is bcoz my friend intro me her gynea and she said is good but I only seen him for once and he was away due to personal reason so now I already signed the package with him but he wasn't able to help me deliver during June :( he may be still not back in sg..

So I have been seeing another gynea from the same clinic since I was week 7 and now he will be delivering for me.. I tried to googled abt him but the feedbacks are not that good though :( and I dunno what to do.. Haix..

yes, good to check with the clinic what should u do now as you signed the package initially was with him.....

Usually when we sign the package the specific Dr will be stated. Now the chosen Dr is not available to carry out the contract perhaps can check with the clinic and ask them how?
yes, good to check with the clinic what should u do now as you signed the package initially was with him.....

They only tell me that this gynea I'm seeing will be delivering for me coz the one I've booked might not come back during June lo.. :( now I also dunno what can I do..

ya...... the thought of pumping the milk in the toilet doesn't feel good.... but I have colleague who done that.... and when I went to the toilet, i can hear the pumping sound.... hahhaha......
Haha.. I have not seen any of my colleague pump milk inside the toilet though coz the one that gave birth last year she doesn't want to breast feed and the one that is pumping milk is the hr manager so she has her own room to pump the milk hehe..

I hiao bought a pretty carrier. Lol!

Anyway, Spectra pumps are assembled in Korea. Parts inside are MIC.

Repair rate is high for M1 from my experience. S1 still ok.

S2 no built in battery, exact same as S1 (with built in battery).

They only tell me that this gynea I'm seeing will be delivering for me coz the one I've booked might not come back during June lo.. :( now I also dunno what can I do..

Well you can try insisting for a refund since they are unable to meet the conditions stated in the package.

Just speak nicely and don't lose your cool. Not worth getting upset cos we now have babies in us.

Well you can try insisting for a refund since they are unable to meet the conditions stated in the package.

Just speak nicely and don't lose your cool. Not worth getting upset cos we now have babies in us.
But I'm also not sure where to find another good gynea.. Haix just feeling so suay now :( and stressed.. I dunwan to affect my bb too :( my hubby keep asking me not to worry and the gynea I wanted will be back on time :( I know he wanna console me but I'm still feeling uneasy..

But I'm also not sure where to find another good gynea.. Haix just feeling so suay now :( and stressed.. I dunwan to affect my bb too :( my hubby keep asking me not to worry and the gynea I wanted will be back on time :( I know he wanna console me but I'm still feeling uneasy..

Don't worry. You might want to search this forum's thread for gynae and packages or read other months MTB threads to search for a Dr. *Hugs*

I read about one lady in the forum already in her 30+ weeks and signed a package with her Dr. She was very unhappy with her expensive gynae's uncaring response and was worried if it's too late to do anything. Yet she still managed to switch Dr. We still have a lot of time compared to her.

Hear me talking, I am busy calling up confinement nannies only to find many good ones already found assignments for Jun. :cool: Must be all the pregnancy hormones making us feel vexed easily ;).

Don't worry. You might want to search this forum's thread for gynae and packages or read other months MTB threads to search for a Dr. *Hugs*

I read about one lady in the forum already in her 30+ weeks and signed a package with her Dr. She was very unhappy with her expensive gynae's uncaring response and was worried if it's too late to do anything. Yet she still managed to switch Dr. We still have a lot of time compared to her.

Hear me talking, I am busy calling up confinement nannies only to find many good ones already found assignments for Jun. :cool: Must be all the pregnancy hormones making us feel vexed easily ;).
Yup I will and I also will ask if able to refund for my package or they can really give me the accurate answer whether my gynea is coming back to deliver for me :(

Haha yup I think the hormones are changing us xD making us worry ang this and that.. :rolleyes:

@Ice_Tea now is not the time to stress yourself..... must think for your baby..... have a talk with your clinic and mayb your gynae will be back in time :)

@wabbit_baby haha..... i was also like you few weeks ago.... busy and stressed up calling up the confinement ladies.... luckily managed to secure one and get one load off..... :)

@wabbit_baby haha..... i was also like you few weeks ago.... busy and stressed up calling up the confinement ladies.... luckily managed to secure one and get one load off..... :)

Really! The questions they like asking in descending order
1. What birth order is this, any older children? Some mind having to help look after other children.
2. How many persons staying with you? Some mind having to cook for other household members.
3. Are you staying with your mum or mum-in-law? Some are aware that conflicting views may arise with another elderly woman in the house.
4. Will your mum or mum-in-law come visiting and cook for you? Some prefer looking after the baby to cooking.
:rolleyes:

My favourite questions:
1. How old are you?
2. How many years of experience do you have?
3. In a year, how many confinement assignments do you handle?
4. What is a typical day like for you as a nanny?
5. Do you mind breast feeding, what is your opinion?

Some of their replies put me off.
1. I am booked but I can recommend my friend to you. I can help you to talk to her and collect deposit from you as she's not in SG.

I prefer to meet the nanny in-person to assess her health and also to make a copy of their IC and passport if we do pay a deposit. And also some of them are charging their friend a commission and the actual nanny is getting less. This could lead to unhappiness of the actual nanny when she feels she's getting less and not be so committed in her work.

Sorry for the long post, just sharing what I encountered.

Going to meet 2 today, not going to take up too much of their time as they are doing actual confinement. ;)

anyone knows for the bb fair this week is admission based on pre registering name on the webpg or just walk in can already?

huh @Ice_Tea ..must be so headache ..hope ur gynae comes back in time..

I hvn really get any package as of now yet...dunno if I should be worried or not..

All mummies gonna breast feed mahx? I'm still thinking if I wanna breast feed or not but most impt is I got milk anot haha xD some more my office dun really have a room for me to pump milk too which is quite troublesome..

Oh lucky u got it from sales and it saves a lot! :) now just gonna wait for another sales to buy.. But my mum said that she will just make one or two times of the cordyceps for me during pregnancy the rest will just eat after the delivery, she scare later bb eat too much very difficult to come out haha..

Think going to try breastfeeding but not sure how my supply is going to be or how am going to cope ..so will standby some formula milk too..

I hvn really get any package as of now yet...dunno if I should be worried or not..

@chrisl, my package with the Dr is only for 10 sessions from 16 week. And it does not include delivery. Signing up a package might or might not save me money. Any emergency or walk-in cannot be counted toward the package. And if I do not use up the 10 sessions before delivery, I will not get a refund.

How about the other mummies, what are the terms and conditions of your package ?

@chrisl, my package with the Dr is only for 10 sessions from 16 week. And it does not include delivery. Signing up a package might or might not save me money. Any emergency or walk-in cannot be counted toward the package. And if I do not use up the 10 sessions before delivery, I will not get a refund.

How about the other mummies, what are the terms and conditions of your package ?

oic..so far I just pay as I visit ..seems a tad ex to pay package then esp I go 2 gynaes..

ok is it correct that I think this way --as in if one buys package meant also kinda 'booking' a certain gynae ..so on or ard edd he/she will be the doc already to help in ur child birth? U dun need to go book with hospital already? As in if labour, go directly to the hospital ur doc is in? Or does booking package with a certain gynae gives us some kind of hospital discounts that gynae is tied too? First time mtb so Blur lah..can any experienced mum advise?

Dear all , sorry to disturb. I have a bottle of black more fish oil to let go @ sgd 39. Expire 13 may 2016 . 400 capsules

Really! The questions they like asking in descending order
1. What birth order is this, any older children? Some mind having to help look after other children.
2. How many persons staying with you? Some mind having to cook for other household members.
3. Are you staying with your mum or mum-in-law? Some are aware that conflicting views may arise with another elderly woman in the house.
4. Will your mum or mum-in-law come visiting and cook for you? Some prefer looking after the baby to cooking.
:rolleyes:

My favourite questions:
1. How old are you?
2. How many years of experience do you have?
3. In a year, how many confinement assignments do you handle?
4. What is a typical day like for you as a nanny?
5. Do you mind breast feeding, what is your opinion?

Some of their replies put me off.
1. I am booked but I can recommend my friend to you. I can help you to talk to her and collect deposit from you as she's not in SG.

I prefer to meet the nanny in-person to assess her health and also to make a copy of their IC and passport if we do pay a deposit. And also some of them are charging their friend a commission and the actual nanny is getting less. This could lead to unhappiness of the actual nanny when she feels she's getting less and not be so committed in her work.

Sorry for the long post, just sharing what I encountered.

Going to meet 2 today, not going to take up too much of their time as they are doing actual confinement. ;)

wow! hahaha..... i'm not so experienced in asking afterall..... only ask what are their work scope. And if they assist to do housework. How do they handle babies clothes.

And yes, some of them will ask how many persons staying with you. Is this your first one. But so far never encounter them asking so much either. hahahah....

And for some who are booked already, they did mention recommending their friend but I told them it's alright then.

How's your meeting with the 2 confinement ladies today?

@Ice_Tea now is not the time to stress yourself..... must think for your baby..... have a talk with your clinic and mayb your gynae will be back in time :)
Thank u! Yup I try not to think so much le.. Just hope my gynea can come back on time.. I've sent an email to him too dunno if I will be rude to do so or not :( and also not sure if he will reply..

Thank u @chrisl :) I also hope he will come back soon.. U are seeing which gynea now? Maybe u can observe a few more times first? When does ur package starts?

oic..so far I just pay as I visit ..seems a tad ex to pay package then esp I go 2 gynaes..

ok is it correct that I think this way --as in if one buys package meant also kinda 'booking' a certain gynae ..so on or ard edd he/she will be the doc already to help in ur child birth? U dun need to go book with hospital already? As in if labour, go directly to the hospital ur doc is in? Or does booking package with a certain gynae gives us some kind of hospital discounts that gynae is tied too? First time mtb so Blur lah..can any experienced mum advise?
My package with this gynea starts from week 13.. Is $600, for consultation and ultrascan will not be charged anymore.. Only if I'm taking supplements den it will be charged.. And the nurse also told me that I keep the original receipt of the $600 I will get back $250 when I deliver my bb at the hospital..

And yup, the clinic will help me book the hospital that I wanna go for delivery.. Hope it helps.. :)

My package did not restrict to only 10 sessions and yes, it does not include delivery. Any emergency or walk in prior to the appt date are not counted towards the package. My package is $800 including consultation, ultrasound, getting the vitamins and calcium tablets.... all these already costed $200+ per visit which makes the package worthwhile. I signed the package with my gynae during the last visit (@ 15 weeks) and they started to include the last visit.

Thank u! Yup I try not to think so much le.. Just hope my gynea can come back on time.. I've sent an email to him too dunno if I will be rude to do so or not :( and also not sure if he will reply..

I don't think it is rude..... now our baby is more important than anything else ;)

@snowy03 yes finally I booked one! I interviewed two yesterday and decided on the second one. She's friendlier, more forthcoming than the first one. And looks healthier. I couldn't choose the first one cos she speaks mostly dialect which I don't understand, tells me if I give birth earlier by a few days will ask her friend to stand-in. My EDD is 11 Jun and she took up assignment for end July. I asked her what happens if the Jul EDD gets shifted to earlier date? She said she will ask her friend to stand-in. Too much stand-in, what if her friend is inexperienced?

@Ice_Tea and @snowy03 who is your gynae? I'm with Dr Loh TMC and my package is $950 for both consultation and ultrasound.

Anyone giving birth in TMC and has same EDD as me? :)

I dont really remember my package details... >.< they asked me to sign so i just sign ... :x but i think like @chrisl said , the gynae will 'look after' you throughout pregnancy, helps delivery, follow up etc...n consultations plus delivery included in my package...but i do know that some gynaes dont offer any packages...so dun worry!
@Ice_Tea i support u...sometimes if u dont sound 'stern' they wont bother much too haa..ops...
@wabbit_baby haha yay u settled ur CL ! i m in tmc too! Haa! I m with wk tan :) r u seeing dr sf loh ? :)
@chrisl i think can just walk in baby fair...are u going on fri? I will b heading down fri morning haa kiasu hor

@snowy03 yes finally I booked one! I interviewed two yesterday and decided on the second one. She's friendlier, more forthcoming than the first one. And looks healthier. I couldn't choose the first one cos she speaks mostly dialect which I don't understand, tells me if I give birth earlier by a few days will ask her friend to stand-in. My EDD is 11 Jun and she took up assignment for end July. I asked her what happens if the Jul EDD gets shifted to earlier date? She said she will ask her friend to stand-in. Too much stand-in, what if her friend is inexperienced?

@Ice_Tea and @snowy03 who is your gynae? I'm with Dr Loh TMC and my package is $950 for both consultation and ultrasound.

my goodness! it's definitely a wise choice to go for the 2nd one.... the 1st one makes her schedule so pack.... and so much unpredictable.... i won't go for the first one too

I'm with Dr. Heng at Parkway East since I'm staying in the East and also I have been seeing her in the past due to past medical problem.

Thank u @chrisl :) I also hope he will come back soon.. U are seeing which gynea now? Maybe u can observe a few more times first? When does ur package starts?
Im seeing NUH (prof Biswas) but then pretty long waiting hours and distance..everytime taxi too and fro ard $50..then I've been to this Dr Loke in tampines who is near my plc just other end of the town, take bus can already..he's so nice on 1st impression..but he delivers in pte hospitals like tmc and mt a, cos taking into considerations my twins might be early, im not sure I can afford the high Neonatal price *if touchwood early* im am so so lost! im still deciding thougho_O

think dr loke's ackage starts week 16..im just nice this week..but the package for twins is $1000, NUH package is from week 22 $$between 770.40-898.80 for consultants or senior consultants..im going to ask for the price for twins later..

I will give the baby fair a miss since my hubby on business trip :( and I don't want to squeeze in the crowd with the big tummy. hahahah....

*ranting* yesterday I was sooooo upset with my mum...I wanted to get a stroller preloved but she was complaining about space in the home..so in the end I fed up and never buy:mad::(

@chrisl : ur gynae has package for twins as well? Mine did not have. He only has package for 20 weeks onwards. As for twins, he says cos most chances will be early delivery so bo hua to offer package :(
I'll be going to the fair on saturday instead after seeing bbs. Wat do u intend to get there?

Im seeing NUH (prof Biswas) but then pretty long waiting hours and distance..everytime taxi too and fro ard $50..then I've been to this Dr Loke in tampines who is near my plc just other end of the town, take bus can already..he's so nice on 1st impression..but he delivers in pte hospitals like tmc and mt a, cos taking into considerations my twins might be early, im not sure I can afford the high Neonatal price *if touchwood early* im am so so lost! im still deciding thougho_O

think dr loke's ackage starts week 16..im just nice this week..but the package for twins is $1000, NUH package is from week 22 $$between 770.40-898.80 for consultants or senior consultants..im going to ask for the price for twins later..

@chrisl congrats on having twins! :) Heard good feedback about Dr. Loke and can understand why u are still considering.

*ranting* yesterday I was sooooo upset with my mum...I wanted to get a stroller preloved but she was complaining about space in the home..so in the end I fed up and never buy:mad::(
Haha poor thing...mayb u tell her u will keep it in ur room? 'Early has to get, late has to get' tell her best time to get when there is good deal mah :p
Hahaa ok on! Let's chiong early in the morning. :p

@chrisl : ur gynae has package for twins as well? Mine did not have. He only has package for 20 weeks onwards. As for twins, he says cos most chances will be early delivery so bo hua to offer package :(
I'll be going to the fair on saturday instead after seeing bbs. Wat do u intend to get there?
I aim to get stroller, baby cot, baby wipes n maybe take a look at the sterilizer...hee...

@ellesie for this Dr Loke twins is $1000 includes once a month scan up for finish 2nd trimester, then late 3rd trimester inwards 2weeks once..i figure out also very bohua..I rather do ac hoc..as and when I feel like seeing, pop by pay $80 consultation) + $100 (scan twins)..

But Nuh cheaper lah ..until now I pay $98.44 for a consultation + $50 transport taxi = Ard $148.44 each time and scan only (medications extra) for a professor to see me. Abeit longer journey and waiting lah..i was actually comtemplating to go pte then but might be early for twins so now really cracking my head..so fan

Then how? U r going to get a stroller eventually right.
I m shopping for stroller now, my friend send me the graco citilite R and the one in navy blue seem to be so tempting.
dark blue.jpg

hmm intend to get stroller (but now not apparently :( ) Cot (must), breast pumps (if that forum spree-er didn'd reply i'll most likely get there as can touch and feel the product..see got defect not etc)..think that's about it...but not sure if I do get impulse buying after seeing so many bb products whahaha that one cannot guarantee:p:D

btw, those interested to get S1 breast pump there's an online spree on..but i think warranty from malaysia..im not that sure hv to ask again..the bbfair one is local warranty right?

hubby said worse comes to worse rent a stroller for a day or so..cos we only need to when we go hospital checks/follow up after bb born mah..or maybe ask ard twin stroller who can lend us for a fee

My gynea is dr Vincent Lee from bishan 8 clinic but currently he is away..

Hello mummies, I called the clinic and ask abt my gynea, he may be back during May but not sure if it will extend again so I told them I'm not comfortable with this gynea I'm seeing and they refer to another gynea dr KK Ho at mt E.. He is my gynea's classmate so whenever my gynea is away he will be helping out with his patients too.. They told me to visit him first and see if it is ok if yes, I will continue to see him there and he delivers at mt A too..

Any mummies heard of this dr KK Ho before? :)

@chrisl, i seen many letting their pre loved stroller at less than $100.
Owning 1 is more convenient and cheaper than renting. Still have to collect and return.
Moreover have to put into consideration whether u be bringing both babies out during the weekend.
R the baby stuff in Norway more ex and easy to access? If not, think get the stuff fr here and ship over.

Hello mummies, I called the clinic and ask abt my gynea, he may be back during May but not sure if it will extend again so I told them I'm not comfortable with this gynea I'm seeing and they refer to another gynea dr KK Ho at mt E.. He is my gynea's classmate so whenever my gynea is away he will be helping out with his patients too.. They told me to visit him first and see if it is ok if yes, I will continue to see him there and he delivers at mt A too..

Any mummies heard of this dr KK Ho before? :)

I think if me, I will continue to stick to my gynae because I feel v safe and assured with him.
If i could make it to the delivery stage safely, I won't mind a replacement gynae as long as he's not a MO :)

I think if me, I will continue to stick to my gynae because I feel v safe and assured with him.
If i could make it to the delivery stage safely, I won't mind a replacement gynae as long as he's not a MO :)
Ya but my gynea still away and dunno if he will be back :( then this current one I dun feel safe and assured with him haha..

Ya but my gynea still away and dunno if he will be back :( then this current one I dun feel safe and assured with him haha..

U mean he is away from now and u r seeing a replacement gynae. How come not assured?
Not caring or warm? Some has nonchalant attitude like "leave it to god" and I don't feel comfortable with them.
The O&G gynaes that I've seen told me things like "keep an open mind", "discharge are very common". Thanksfully that I won't be seeing them.

My current gynae is the kiasu type. He do more thorough check, extra medical check ups and put me to more tests when he learnt my past medical history, abit lor soh too and asked me to see him if I feel any discomfort. Like him so much :)

U mean he is away from now and u r seeing a replacement gynae. How come not assured?
Not caring or warm? Some has nonchalant attitude like "leave it to god" and I don't feel comfortable with them.
The O&G gynaes that I've seen told me things like "keep an open mind", "discharge are very common". Thanksfully that I won't be seeing them.

My current gynae is the kiasu type. He do more thorough check, extra medical check ups and put me to more tests when he learnt my past medical history, abit lor soh too and asked me to see him if I feel any discomfort. Like him so much :)
Ya my gynea is more detailed and willing to answer ques kind which I feel more secure.. But this replacement one doesn't really care much I guess and last Saturday I went for the scanning, he just see got heartbeat den jiu ok liao.. :(

There's another replacement gynea too so I will go visit him and see if he is ok anot.. Hopefully is ok den I can just stay at the same clinic and if my gynea is back hope he can help me deliver >.<
I'm so worried haha.. But trying not to stress myself too..

Ya my gynea is more detailed and willing to answer ques kind which I feel more secure.. But this replacement one doesn't really care much I guess and last Saturday I went for the scanning, he just see got heartbeat den jiu ok liao.. :(

There's another replacement gynea too so I will go visit him and see if he is ok anot.. Hopefully is ok den I can just stay at the same clinic and if my gynea is back hope he can help me deliver >.<
I'm so worried haha.. But trying not to stress myself too..

As long as smooth smooth, everything alright ... dont worry too much too .. :)

Back