(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

Hi ladies, it's me again.

Thanks for your kind console. My Next appt is this Thursday. Slightly lesser than a week from.my Lastappt tthat just happened on Saturday. While I'm having this sensitive situation of whether the baby will have a heart beat at week 8, my fumarole Dropped a bomb on me saying that she's RETIRING! AND that this Thursday should be the Last appt with her... I think... damn sian... so now I don't know Which gynae I wanna look for.

Lady or man, should do my own research or take a friends's gynae. Sighh..

I'm not sure if the problem is I ovulated late or not but the thing is I was tracking my menses and my "peak" ovulation based on the clear blue ovulation kit. Had my menses from 8th feb and the ovulation kit showed PEAK exactly 2 weeks later..... Hopefully like u ladies have explained. It's all the possible reasons that's causing the slow growth of the fetus and Hopefully it will catch up very soon. I really Hope to see positive results this Thursday, at least doubled from my 5mm, at least it shows that it IS growing.... I very scare if the growth is like only 2mm or what then the doc say abnormal........... don't wish to think further.....

I'm not on FB (ALIEN). So I will just continue here... Hopefully everyone will still be as active here!

Hug hug hopeful2015,
I understand how u feel. I also bought clearblue pregnancy kit to check whether my bb has hit how many weeks. Lot of things run in my mind and keep thinking whether I can keep this pregnancy or what happen i cannot keep this pregnancy even i took hormone pill. But no matter what must stay positive and be happy.
Previous my scan bb edd is later than I thought but after yesterday check up the edd its shift earlier. Don't worry must have fate on your beanie. Jiayou.[/QUOTE]

Hi ladies, it's me again.

Thanks for your kind console. My Next appt is this Thursday. Slightly lesser than a week from.my Lastappt tthat just happened on Saturday. While I'm having this sensitive situation of whether the baby will have a heart beat at week 8, my fumarole Dropped a bomb on me saying that she's RETIRING! AND that this Thursday should be the Last appt with her... I think... damn sian... so now I don't know Which gynae I wanna look for.

Lady or man, should do my own research or take a friends's gynae. Sighh..

I'm not sure if the problem is I ovulated late or not but the thing is I was tracking my menses and my "peak" ovulation based on the clear blue ovulation kit. Had my menses from 8th feb and the ovulation kit showed PEAK exactly 2 weeks later..... Hopefully like u ladies have explained. It's all the possible reasons that's causing the slow growth of the fetus and Hopefully it will catch up very soon. I really Hope to see positive results this Thursday, at least doubled from my 5mm, at least it shows that it IS growing.... I very scare if the growth is like only 2mm or what then the doc say abnormal........... don't wish to think further.....

I'm not on FB (ALIEN). So I will just continue here... Hopefully everyone will still be as active here!
Stay positive and hope all goes well for this thurs.

@mrsmorgan yea we have many nov mommies, some were from fb itself instead of from forum. :) there's a group call sg50 mummies n daddies (something like that) and ppl join there n decide to join the monthly grp only for mummies and request for add.

Wishchild

I don't think by looking at the bump it will be accurate. Last time my bump looks like a boy kind but I am expecting a girl...

Hopeful

I know what you mean hugs... from conception we start to worry endless till even child is big ... I am also paranoid about the current pregnancy I have since I had a miscarriage before... the fear lingers

Hi @magc , I received the email invite but when i click on it... it leads me to facebook but its always showing "error loading, pls retry". Tried everyday... very frustrating so i give up... just stay in this chat. Hopefully i wont miss out much.

my gynae say because of MS 1st trimster i want to drink anything also can cause it doesn't go to the baby it goes to the mummy....

Hi all, my edd is 7 Nov.

May I know anyone here already booked for down syndrome scan/test?
Which week should it be done?
Would you be doing Oscar scan or harmony test?
Normally does gynae do blood test first to help us decide which type of test/scan needed?
I'm above 35yrs old, should I just skip Oscar and go for Harmony test?
Sorry for my many questions.

Hi all, my edd is 7 Nov.

Normally does gynae do blood test first to help us decide which type of test/scan needed?

I'm also above 35. Already booked my appointments. I will be doing both Oscar and harmony . Oscan on week 10 while harmony on week 13.

Which week are you in currently? Sorry I'm not very good in calculating the week.

Hi all, my edd is 7 Nov.

Oscar usually done between 11-14wks.. For me the blood test will be done on the same day of the scan. Maybe u shld chk with ur gynae which test is better for u. Some ppl go for Oscar first then if really need to they will go for harmony as well. Some go straight to Harmony. Up to individual i guess?

I'm also above 35. Already booked my appointments. I will be doing both Oscar and harmony . Oscan on week 10 while harmony on week 13.

Which week are you in currently? Sorry I'm not very good in calculating the week.
Hi Chubby1314,
I'm 9.5week now. Was Oscar & harmony your own decision or recommended by gynae?
My gynae asked me to decide and told me most opt for Oscar.

Oscar usually done between 11-14wks.. For me the blood test will be done on the same day of the scan. Maybe u shld chk with ur gynae which test is better for u. Some ppl go for Oscar first then if really need to they will go for harmony as well. Some go straight to Harmony. Up to individual i guess?
Just thinking it would cost more if after Oscar later test come out need to do harmony.
Gynae told me Oscar 90% accurate n harmony it's 99% but price is 3x of Oscar.

Hi Chubby1314,
I'm 9.5week now. Was Oscar & harmony your own decision or recommended by gynae?
My gynae asked me to decide and told me most opt for Oscar.

Same as you, my doc asked me to decide on own as well. After much consideration, my HB and I decided to go for both. No doubts it costs more but at least I'm less stressful.

Anyway the total costs less than 1.5k, we just go ahead tin order to have a peace of minds.

Can I check with you all, for 1st trimester, it consists of how many weeks? 12, 13 or 14 weeks? Confused .....

I think it's 12 weeks as my gyne gave me the date that I can start going overseas trip and it falls on my 12 week. She also said after 1st trimester.

Just had paranoma test today. cost 1.9k. drew 5 tubes of blood. but accuracy more than 99.9% accurate. went for a peace of mind. 2 weeks results will be out!! pray hard

I think it's 12 weeks as my gyne gave me the date that I can start going overseas trip and it falls on my 12 week. She also said after 1st trimester.
Hey gal, thanks for the info.. I also intend for overseas trip.. That's why I ask .. Of course subject to gynae approval ... Take care when you are overseas okay.

Just had paranoma test today. cost 1.9k. drew 5 tubes of blood. but accuracy more than 99.9% accurate. went for a peace of mind. 2 weeks results will be out!! pray hard

All the best to you and of course for those who are going for the tests as well as those in 2ww. Hope all of them are in healthy conditions!

Hi gals, I don't know I'm on pregnant for how many wks & my appt w my gynae is on the 29 Apr. Was tested + when I go polyclinic. Was told that if less than 7w, can't see the heartbeat... So thot go later, like nearer to end 1st trim safer.
I'm 38 this yr, do I need to do those oscars / harmony tests u all hv mentioned?
I hv used the pregnancy calculator to check, I Shd be 7/9W preggy ( my menses always not accurate).

Same as you, my doc asked me to decide on own as well. After much consideration, my HB and I decided to go for both. No doubts it costs more but at least I'm less stressful.

Anyway the total costs less than 1.5k, we just go ahead tin order to have a peace of minds.

Chubby1314, thks for sharing. I will discuss with my hubby when he return from his business trip.

Hi gals, I don't know I'm on pregnant for how many wks & my appt w my gynae is on the 29 Apr. Was tested + when I go polyclinic. Was told that if less than 7w, can't see the heartbeat... So thot go later, like nearer to end 1st trim safer.
I'm 38 this yr, do I need to do those oscars / harmony tests u all hv mentioned?
I hv used the pregnancy calculator to check, I Shd be 7/9W preggy ( my menses always not accurate).
If not wrong every preggies mum will be told to do these test.
You may use baby due date calculator online to check. Enter the first day of your last period. Currently I'm using Babycenter App. And edd calculated is same as what my gynae calculated.

Back