(2014/08) August 2014

Same as leanne. It makes me walk with a limp :( I'm also gonna ask my Gynae this sat when I see her
didy, what did ur gynae said about the pelvis pain today? My gynae ask "which part ?" And i said near the sides. She say as long not middle where the womb is, then nvm it... lol...

If I'm not wrong MOM has protection over pregnant woman 6 months before and 3 months after deliver... By then belly will be obvious, maybe you can consider saying about now ba... Might be better to say before they find out themselves ... Sometimes good to say so that colleagues (hopefully) could understand.
Guess I'll tell after my amnio test. The test is this tuesday and there's "fish" test that gives result in 3 days for the 3 major "T". Quite apprehensive

Guess I'll tell after my amnio test. The test is this tuesday and there's "fish" test that gives result in 3 days for the 3 major "T". Quite apprehensive
Yeah the fish test is available and quite exp too. At KKH it was double the original price. I want to opt for that but didnt managed to get fish test then cause unable to draw enough placenta cells for the fish test. In the end waited for 2 weeks.

Leanne she say it's normal cos the pelvis is softening as body slowly prepares itself for labour. She mentioned that wearing shoes with good support might help. I switch to wearing crocs today and really not as painful. Now I'm on the lookout for a gd pair of shoes for work

Yeah the fish test is available and quite exp too. At KKH it was double the original price. I want to opt for that but didnt managed to get fish test then cause unable to draw enough placenta cells for the fish test. In the end waited for 2 weeks.
Was told the fish test abt $300 plus and the amnio is abt $600... was the amnio painful?

Hey mommies , any of you started shopping for baby stuff? Any good and cheap places to recommend?

Hi! Im new to the forum. Surveying Strollers, Playpen, and Cloth Diapers. Especially Cloth Diapers. Should I use cloth diapers or disposable?

I have started looking around too and just this morning I stumbled upon at this page:
http://www.mummysreviews.com/2014/01/27/baby-fairs-2014-singapore/

1. Baby Expo 2014
  • Dates: 14 to 16 February 2014
  • Time: 11a.m. to 9p.m.
  • Venue: Singapore Suntec Convention Hall 405
  • Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd
2. BabyCare Festival 2014
  • Dates: 21 to 23 February 2014
  • Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6
  • Organiser: Mediacorp Pte Ltd
3. Takashimaya Baby Fair
  • Dates: 26 February to 16 March 2014
  • Time: Information not available
  • Venue: Takashimaya Singapore
  • Organiser: Takashimaya Singapore
Takashimaya Baby Fair was very popular when I visited it a few years back. I wonder if it’s still as hot among mummies?

4. Baby Market 2014
  • Dates: 18 to 20 April 2014
  • Venue: Information not available
  • Organiser: Expomal Singapore Pte Ltd
My friend, Abby, highlighted Baby Market as being “happening”. I certainly need to see it for myself someday!

5. Motherhood Exhibition
  • Dates: 29 May to 1 June 2014
  • Venue: Singapore Expo
  • Organiser: Information not available
6. Baby Baby 2014
  • Dates: 11 to 13 July 2014
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 4B
  • Organiser: Sphere Exhibits Pte Ltd
7. Baby Market 2014
  • Dates: 3 to 5 October 2013

Was told the fish test abt $300 plus and the amnio is abt $600... was the amnio painful?
i took CVS not amnio. CVS was 750 before medisave. After medisave i paid 321 in cash but the fish was additional 300 like that.
They say amnio is not as pain as CVS , but amnio can only be done later than CVS so that time they told me if i can wait, go for amnio. They will apply LA on the surface before injecting the needle so the surface is not pain. For CVS the pain is when the needle poke through the uterus to reach the placenta... after the CVS was a whole day of jialat cramp ( esp strong right after the CVS when i cant sit on the cab home without my arms supporting ) ... but those bad cramp go off at the end of the day ...

i took CVS not amnio. CVS was 750 before medisave. After medisave i paid 321 in cash but the fish was additional 300 like that.
They say amnio is not as pain as CVS , but amnio can only be done later than CVS so that time they told me if i can wait, go for amnio. They will apply LA on the surface before injecting the needle so the surface is not pain. For CVS the pain is when the needle poke through the uterus to reach the placenta... after the CVS was a whole day of jialat cramp ( esp strong right after the CVS when i cant sit on the cab home without my arms supporting ) ... but those bad cramp go off at the end of the day ...
So scary! y they advise u to go for amnio if can wait? Both yield the same results right?

So scary! y they advise u to go for amnio if can wait? Both yield the same results right?
Because amnio is less painful thus ppl normally go for amnio if they can wait... CVS can be done before 14 weeks so it gives an earlier result lor. Yup both give same result. The doc will call to tell u the result plus the gender if u want to know... That time I still asked for the hard copy result cause I worry I hear wrongly haha. Basically it will tell u how many chromosomes plus the XY (boy)or YY (girl)

Because amnio is less painful thus ppl normally go for amnio if they can wait... CVS can be done before 14 weeks so it gives an earlier result lor. Yup both give same result. The doc will call to tell u the result plus the gender if u want to know... That time I still asked for the hard copy result cause I worry I hear wrongly haha. Basically it will tell u how many chromosomes plus the XY (boy)or YY (girl)
Ok thanks! Good to know :)

Hi how are all the mummies?
I am also eagerly anticipating my baby due in Aug.
have a good rest this weekend!

Hey Aug mummies to be.. May i ask when do u start booking for confinement lady usually?
Is it common to book both confinement lady & post natal massage lady

Sorry to ask a dumb ques... But wat do CL does ar?

Any good ones to recommend?

Hey Aug mummies to be.. May i ask when do u start booking for confinement lady usually?

You can start to look and book now.

C.l cook and look after ur baby for 1 mth.

CL stands for confinement lady. :)

Hi! Im new to the forum. Surveying Strollers, Playpen, and Cloth Diapers. Especially Cloth Diapers. Should I use cloth diapers or disposable?

I have started looking around too and just this morning I stumbled upon at this page:
http://www.mummysreviews.com/2014/01/27/baby-fairs-2014-singapore/

1. Baby Expo 2014
  • Dates: 14 to 16 February 2014
  • Time: 11a.m. to 9p.m.
  • Venue: Singapore Suntec Convention Hall 405
  • Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd
2. BabyCare Festival 2014
  • Dates: 21 to 23 February 2014
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6
  • Organiser: Mediacorp Pte Ltd
3. Takashimaya Baby Fair
  • Dates: 26 February to 16 March 2014
  • Venue: Takashimaya Singapore
  • Organiser: Takashimaya Singapore
Takashimaya Baby Fair was very popular when I visited it a few years back. I wonder if it’s still as hot among mummies?

4. Baby Market 2014
  • Dates: 18 to 20 April 2014
My friend, Abby, highlighted Baby Market as being “happening”. I certainly need to see it for myself someday!

5. Motherhood Exhibition
  • Dates: 29 May to 1 June 2014
  • Venue: Singapore Expo
  • Organiser: Information not available
6. Baby Baby 2014
  • Dates: 11 to 13 July 2014
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 4B
  • Organiser: Sphere Exhibits Pte Ltd
7. Baby Market 2014
  • Dates: 3 to 5 October 2013
I think theres one more baby expo end march.
Diapers if i have all the time in the world for the washing and stuff.. i will prefer cloth... but i dont. So likely i will go for diapers hahha...

Reactions: pce
Sian.. having Monday Blues... don't feel like working but am in office liao so just have to suck it up.. Going for monthly check up on next Monday. Hoping to see my bb gender.. I dreamt that I am holding a bb girl with lots of hair but few days ago.. I dreamt that my ultrasound show bb boy. Probably I am sooo looking forward to the scan which is why I dreamt abt it. Haha

Sian.. having Monday Blues... don't feel like working but am in office liao so just have to suck it up.. Going for monthly check up on next Monday. Hoping to see my bb gender.. I dreamt that I am holding a bb girl with lots of hair but few days ago.. I dreamt that my ultrasound show bb boy. Probably I am sooo looking forward to the scan which is why I dreamt abt it. Haha
Me also, in fact wished every day can sleep at home after the frequent waking up at night .. hehe I bet this 10 months of tiredness, what keeps us going is to see baby on ultrasound keke.. I just seen baby last Sat (actually I had been kind of paranoid since my last CVS - dont know if baby is alright since then .. But when see baby heartbeat last Sat is such a relieved ).
I will be having the detailed anomaly scan end this month ...

Me also, in fact wished every day can sleep at home after the frequent waking up at night .. hehe I bet this 10 months of tiredness, what keeps us going is to see baby on ultrasound keke.. I just seen baby last Sat (actually I had been kind of paranoid since my last CVS - dont know if baby is alright since then .. But when see baby heartbeat last Sat is such a relieved ).
I will be having the detailed anomaly scan end this month ...

Jia You Leanne..

I am also having detailed scan on 28 Mar.

I am also paranoid that I only get to see my bb once a mth.. its assuring after scan but one week later.. paranoid kicks in.. I know shouldn't be Negative but for my case.. probably till I give birth then I will stop being this paranoid. :)

hi mummies.. just wondering if there is a FB grp setup for Aug'14 Babies/Mummies?
Hi Joeles09

We do have a secret grp in FB. Probably u wanna write ur FB email here so that mommies here can invite u. Sorry I can't do invitation cos this can ve done only through computer whichni don't have one.

Jia You Leanne..

I am also having detailed scan on 28 Mar.

I am also paranoid that I only get to see my bb once a mth.. its assuring after scan but one week later.. paranoid kicks in.. I know shouldn't be Negative but for my case.. probably till I give birth then I will stop being this paranoid. :)

I'm doing detailed scan on 28th March as well and it will be at 2pm, probably gotta take full day leave that day.. Then follow by gynae appt..

I don't feel nauseous today.. Wonder why? Is it because I'm sick (sore throat & coughing)? Eating so many medicine, make me feel guilty for the little one.. Whenever I cough, I imagine my little one pouncing in the water bag..

Starrynine, ur scan in TMC? Mine is at 3.30pm. My gynae didn't say to see her after my scan wo.. probably she will tell me on my next visit which is coming Monday ba.

The nauseous part will get better and better since we r in 2nd tri. But the tiredness seems like its not going anywhere.

I totally understand the cough part. Lolz.. sometime at night after I put on the stretch mark cream, I will purposely cough just to see him/her move abit. Haha..naughty me..

@shirleyten

@leanne

Dont worry. I'm exactly the same and it's my 2nd baby. I always console myself when I puke and have heartburn reassuring myself that baby is ok. Then on days I am ok, I wonder if baby is ok..haha

It gets better when u feel baby move cos u know that baby is fine :)

Same same

I kept dun feel good abt not seeing the bb.
Although I still vomit everyday during bath after work.
I still dun feel good.
N I been craving for ice cream. At least 2-3 sticks per week.
N in the past I not really a ice cream lover.

Plus every morning my tummy seems to shrink.
Haiz....

Starrynine, ur scan in TMC? Mine is at 3.30pm. My gynae didn't say to see her after my scan wo.. probably she will tell me on my next visit which is coming Monday ba.

The nauseous part will get better and better since we r in 2nd tri. But the tiredness seems like its not going anywhere.

I totally understand the cough part. Lolz.. sometime at night after I put on the stretch mark cream, I will purposely cough just to see him/her move abit. Haha..naughty me..

Shirleyten,
So fast I can see ur bb movement?
How many weeks r u at now?

by the way, can i check. Im having my 2nd child this time. We did the oscar scan and the risk is 1:1062. I went to dig out my previous Pregnancy Scan for my 1st Son and it was 1:15344. That's a huge difference! Im just wondering if it can be because of my age? I did a scan on thursday and gynae kinda told me its a boy. I am really happy that its another boy! :) BUT! It just v v frustrating as EVERYONE around me expects me to have a Girl. Its quite sad when i tell them and all their reactions are more negative! :( Even my own mother gave me some mean replies when i told her that it might be a Boy... JUST FYI that it 14 weeks when the scan was done.

by the way, can i check. Im having my 2nd child this time. We did the oscar scan and the risk is 1:1062. I went to dig out my previous Pregnancy Scan for my 1st Son and it was 1:15344. That's a huge difference! Im just wondering if it can be because of my age? I did a scan on thursday and gynae kinda told me its a boy. I am really happy that its another boy! :) BUT! It just v v frustrating as EVERYONE around me expects me to have a Girl. Its quite sad when i tell them and all their reactions are more negative! :( Even my own mother gave me some mean replies when i told her that it might be a Boy... JUST FYI that it 14 weeks when the scan was done.

Thats nice to know gender so soon.. I had a scan on week 14 but gynae says can't see.. but I have a feel she knows already but wanted to confirm in the next visit.

Doesn't matter if boy or girl as long he/she is healthy. . ;)

As from the Oscar.. age did affect the results. But I am sure ur gynae would already advice u on this issue right? If gynae is not worried. . So u shouldn't too ya.. otherwise gynae will already ask u to schedule other scans.

Last edited:
shirleyten, i have lost my pw to my email for fb account. is there any other ways that i can join the group?

Boy or girl also nvm, a healthy, safe & well behaved lil is all that matter. Way before I know I'm pregnant, my grandma dreamt of a toddler boy & a few days later I found out I'm expecting. I'm happy it's a boy but even if it is a girl I also won't be upset. We just love our little one :):)

Hi mummies,
Mine EDD is mid of august. But gynae said might due early bcuz of twin.
Is there any twin mummies here? :)

Me too! Zinger Burger is my favorite so far.. lolz
I have been eating KFC around once a week too!! Now I can finish a Zinger combo (with the chicken) by myself.....

Do you all still have food aversions in your second trimester? I smelt fish and chips today and decided to order a plate. Ended up eating one piece of fish and felt really sick after that. I've noticed whenever I do not eat carbs (rice/pasta/pizza) and meat (pepper lunch, korean BBQ, chicken chop, KFC, yakitori) for lunch, I develop gastric discomfort. Even after eating alternatives - such as salad, curry puff, biscuits etc. I don't think I'm starving myself.. because I eat like at hourly intervals (but with a carbs/meat lunch I will only snack say around 2-3 hours after lunch).. but I just feel discomfort after eating!!

I'm trying to cut down on my weight.. but when I change my diet, my stomach reacts. It's like the baby's protesting!!

That said, any recommendations for prenatal yoga/exercising in town? I started on some butt/leg home workout from fitsugar tv, but I think I probably need more exercise to not put on weight too fast.

Thanks!!

I have been eating KFC around once a week too!! Now I can finish a Zinger combo (with the chicken) by myself.....

Do you all still have food aversions in your second trimester? I smelt fish and chips today and decided to order a plate. Ended up eating one piece of fish and felt really sick after that. I've noticed whenever I do not eat carbs (rice/pasta/pizza) and meat (pepper lunch, korean BBQ, chicken chop, KFC, yakitori) for lunch, I develop gastric discomfort. Even after eating alternatives - such as salad, curry puff, biscuits etc. I don't think I'm starving myself.. because I eat like at hourly intervals (but with a carbs/meat lunch I will only snack say around 2-3 hours after lunch).. but I just feel discomfort after eating!!

I'm trying to cut down on my weight.. but when I change my diet, my stomach reacts. It's like the baby's protesting!!

That said, any recommendations for prenatal yoga/exercising in town? I started on some butt/leg home workout from fitsugar tv, but I think I probably need more exercise to not put on weight too fast.

Thanks!!

I only starts to really eat 2 weeks back which is week 15.. 1st trimester didn't manage to eat well at all.. didn't gain weight. I don't think I am gonna do any exercise besides walking and I don't wanna stress my belly. Not easy to get preg and not a risk taker either becos of my history. Every steps gonna be extreme careful.

So I am watching my weight.. no endulging in any meals just one portion thats it. If I am still not satisfied, I eat fruits or drink milk.

Thanks!!

i know what u mean on the part abt feeling unsatisfied if don't take carbs & meat! I can't stand fish (esp salmon) & vege, crave carbs & meat too for both pregnancies. #2 most most likely also boy. is urs also a boy?

ate lots of carbs & beef during my #1 (love love beef bibimbap!!) & put on almost 20kg. I guess as long mummy healthy, baby healthy that's most impt ba. will think abt the weight after giving birth ba. sigh.

during #1, I did prenatal yoga with inspire mum @ tanjong pagar. it's more to keep fit. not really intensive enough to help in weight lose/control thou.

U gals are tempting me to eat KFC zinger burger! But sadly no KFC for next couple of days.. Down with sore throat and coughing..

My gynae always reminds me on weight gain issue.. She's afraid I gain too much weight.. Always Urge me to go walking everyday at least half an hour..

@shirleyten my appt is at tmc too.. :)

@morningstarz - thanks!! will check it out
@shirleyten - I see... amazing how you can manage your appetite!! I wished I could do that too..
@kopibeanie - Same here.. I don't like whatever you don't like. Haha. OK. Means it's normal right!! We saw something sticking out during my scan close to 13 weeks. It was quite obvious, but gynae said to confirm only during my next appointment. Wouldn't putting on too much weight be bad for your legs? I had leg injuries on both feet (torn ligament, fracture) and I am feeling the weight gain already. Also, my newly bought maternity pants.. the thighs part feel tight already!! They were loose when I bought them last month!!

@morningstarz - thanks!! will check it out
@shirleyten - I see... amazing how you can manage your appetite!! I wished I could do that too..
@kopibeanie - Same here.. I don't like whatever you don't like. Haha. OK. Means it's normal right!! We saw something sticking out during my scan close to 13 weeks. It was quite obvious, but gynae said to confirm only during my next appointment. Wouldn't putting on too much weight be bad for your legs? I had leg injuries on both feet (torn ligament, fracture) and I am feeling the weight gain already. Also, my newly bought maternity pants.. the thighs part feel tight already!! They were loose when I bought them last month!!

do try exercise like swimming (especially), prenatal yoga & fitball, etc. does help maintain flexibility/agility & control GD. but doesn't really help in weight lost/control in my case.

I envy u girls able to eat. I still can't really manage any food. In fact I think I lost ard 2-3kg. Very worried... :(

Back