(2014/08) August 2014

hi there everyone, hope everyone is having a great day. Just wanted to check if anyone has the same issues as me. My scalp used to be normal, but ever since I got pregnant, I have very itchy scalp and rashes on my back and chest. Does anyone has any remedy or suggested shampoo that I may use? Its killing me.

i hope you guys could add me to the Facebook group too, my email is [email protected].

is it because skin too dry? dry itch? if so, try using a dry scalp shampoo & body moisturizer? I'm using keratase dry scalp/ dandruff shampoo (can buy from online/ salon) and bio-oil (can buy from pharmacy). best to go get some professional advice.

Yikes! Me too! Not the hair part but rashes across my chest and back! Not sure what to do. Wondering if it is due to the heatiness of pregnancy but I have been avoiding cool food and drinks since they are such taboos in the first Tri.

Btw let me introduce myself. I am from the ivf thread. Tried my very first ivf in oct 2013 and failed. Doctor asked me to rest and try again after cny but I found out I conceived naturally in nov the following month. My Edd is 4th August. Going for Down syndrome scan this Friday. Praying that everything goes well!

hello mummies to be. Am new to this grp. my EDD is 28 Aug. Very scared and excited all at once. This will be my 2nd child! :)

Yikes! Me too! Not the hair part but rashes across my chest and back! Not sure what to do. Wondering if it is due to the heatiness of pregnancy but I have been avoiding cool food and drinks since they are such taboos in the first Tri.

Btw let me introduce myself. I am from the ivf thread. Tried my very first ivf in oct 2013 and failed. Doctor asked me to rest and try again after cny but I found out I conceived naturally in nov the following month. My Edd is 4th August. Going for Down syndrome scan this Friday. Praying that everything goes well!

Congrats! I am so happy for you as we were in the same boat. I also failed my IVF but conceived naturally in Nov!

Congrats! I am so happy for you as we were in the same boat. I also failed my IVF but conceived naturally in Nov!

Oh wow!! *high five* congrats to u too!!! When are u due? This is such a fabulous coincidence! Have u went for the oscar test? Been 5 weeks since I last had a scan. Nervous and excited!!

G'morning all.

Do you know if milo is safe to drink everyday? I read somewhere that someone has quitted milo and coffee. I wonder if the caffeine content in milo is harmful if drank on daily basis?

And when can we start taking birds' nest?
I have been drinking Milo ever since #1... stopped my tea

For bird nest, best to start when u hit second trim.

Thanks everyone for the advice and feedback! :) A friend of mine just gave birth at kkh 2 days ago and i was quite shock to hear this! she was in pain and her water bag broke so she rushed to kkh only to be told there were no beds available yet and to go home first. Aiyo…

KKH The private Suite would be better right?

Also i have 1 more question; in what week will you have tender/swollen breast? mine is as per normal.. nothing unusual...
As for the tender breast... for my #1, it starts around week 9?
But for #2, maybe bloated from #1, So far no swollen / tender...

hi there everyone, hope everyone is having a great day. Just wanted to check if anyone has the same issues as me. My scalp used to be normal, but ever since I got pregnant, I have very itchy scalp and rashes on my back and chest. Does anyone has any remedy or suggested shampoo that I may use? Its killing me.

i hope you guys could add me to the Facebook group too, my email is [email protected].

Have you checked with the doc?
I had hives a few months' ago. A friend of mine who had hives during her teens had it return during pregnancy. And I'm fearful it might return for me as well..
Since my hives episode, I drink rooibos tea regularly and still do now as its caffeine free..
Take care!

Keep up your good work ladies. I have collapsed due to dehydration that caused a bladder infection. Now in hospital catching up on antibiotics to kill infection and hydration. Tomr the hospital will send a private ambulance to send me to paragon to take detailed scan!!!! I am wasting so much $$$$$. You ladies hang on!!!!

Keep up your good work ladies. I have collapsed due to dehydration that caused a bladder infection. Now in hospital catching up on antibiotics to kill infection and hydration. Tomr the hospital will send a private ambulance to send me to paragon to take detailed scan!!!! I am wasting so much $$$$$. You ladies hang on!!!!
Oh nooo... u take care. Drinks lotsa of water to replenish urself.
I've been puking badly too. Sigh.

How are you feeling this morning? If plain water is too un-palatable now, try some juices or nice hot bowl of soup. Anything fluid is better than none, keep well hydrated ya.

Oh wow!! *high five* congrats to u too!!! When are u due? This is such a fabulous coincidence! Have u went for the oscar test? Been 5 weeks since I last had a scan. Nervous and excited!!

*high five*
I shd be due in mid-Aug. My scheduled OSCAR is next Mon. Hope all is fine for all of us! Cheers ;)

oh dear, your-attorney, do rest well. Will keep u in prayer that both u and baby are all right.

O dear, you better take gd care. Hope you r fine. Your body is working too hard. Take this chance to rest more also.. Take care

Thanks ladies. Pls keep yourself hydrated and dun end up like me. Another drama at railing just now when they tried to draw my blood. Apparently they could not draw any and punctured my veins. Now my left arm is as if some had karate chop it. Super achy pain!!! I am so pissed with radlink paragon, esp the nurse who took my blood. I told her to use baby needles and she insisted using the bigger one. In the end I was in pain till tears welled up and she punctured my veins. When I told the lady sitting at reception, she just blamed my veins. What a sucky service!!!!

I think kkh private suite had a v old and excellent nurse who take blood wo pain!!!! When I compare with kkh private suite, I still think private suite service us better than outside private! Too bad many gynae ventured out of kkh, like my gynae. And many gynae now are the newer batch unless you go for the old timers there.

dear all, do you know if it is same to take tom yam soup or tom yam noodles. I read that lemongrass is unsafe during early prenancy, and we know lemongrass is found in tom yam as well as mee soto too.

Hello waiwish, no idea. But I took lots of tom yum soup and mee soto when I was pregnant with #1.
Even during early pregnancy?

I bought mee soto for breakfast one morning, and after a third into it, i decided to google for the recipe to check if there's any dubious ingredients. Spotted lemongrass in the recipe and i dumped the remaining. That's how scaredy cat I am (had 3 miscarriages in one year alone, last year) and I am just being very very cautious with everything. Just wanted to be sure.

Took mee soto occasionally during 1st tri, slight more frequent during 2nd and 3rd tri.. Perhaps it would be better to check with your gynae or sinseh..

Oh, just an advice, pls avoid going to places like the zoo, river safari and getting near furry animals. Some of these animals' faeces are harmful to the foetus.. So, one of those old wives tales of not going near such animals or not going to such places actually makes senses..

Another old wives tale, which I think makes sense is don't squat if you can, or reduce the frequency of squatting. Because, as we are nearing our EDD, if you want a smooth and fast labour, one is encouraged to do more squatting. This is because, the gravitational force lets bb comes out faster.. Well, something along that line..

I went for my second appointment today! Supposed to be around 7weeks plus but baby was size of 8 weeks plus! Saw heart beating and was really relieved cos my morning sickness symptoms subsided since last week. Very thankful.
We've scheduled an OSCAR scan 3 weeks' later.
I was given fish oil today on top of the current prenatal vitamins I'm having..

Hi queensg,

I asked my gynae if there are any prenatal vitamins or fish oil that I should take, he say not during the 1st trim leh...
He just asked me to continue with my folic acid. The rest of the pills can take after this... o_O

Anyone bought your new year clothes already? Me not a dress person so want to find pants for cny but mostly selling those button de... If buy le only wear once then cannot wear le... My bump starts to show le... So a lot of my current pants can't wear le... How how??

Hi queensg,

I asked my gynae if there are any prenatal vitamins or fish oil that I should take, he say not during the 1st trim leh...
He just asked me to continue with my folic acid. The rest of the pills can take after this... o_O

At first my gynae also did not give me the vits... But then I worry and ask her if the baby will have enough a not as I eat junk not healthy food... So she say ok and gave me some... She worry I will vomit them out... But I did not vomit till now... So i guess a lot gynae don give cos scare we will vomit it out ba...

I have been drinking Milo ever since #1... stopped my tea

For bird nest, best to start when u hit second trim.

I am still taking tea but I limit myself to 1 cup a day only.
For bird nest yes... I asked my gynae befoe and he said 2nd trim.

At first my gynae also did not give me the vits... But then I worry and ask her if the baby will have enough a not as I eat junk not healthy food... So she say ok and gave me some... She worry I will vomit them out... But I did not vomit till now... So i guess a lot gynae don give cos scare we will vomit it out ba...

I also told my gynae I have nausea but no vomiting but still he say now only need folic acid, wait till 2nd trim then take...

Usually gynae will Just ask if you eat Any of these.. if not they will give u.
First trim usually they focus of folic acid.

So I thot my gynae I got everything... But Cannot eat vit... So he say.. is OK.. But must eat folic acid.

Anyone bought your new year clothes already? Me not a dress person so want to find pants for cny but mostly selling those button de... If buy le only wear once then cannot wear le... My bump starts to show le... So a lot of my current pants can't wear le... How how??

I bought leggings and cotton on bandage skirts. . Not a skirt person but I think I cannot be choosy now. Haha

wah. do take care of urself!! hope u get better soon!!

Hi queensg,

most gynae will start DHA in 2nd tri. 1st tri most impt is folic acid.

but my gynae is the KS kind. if u can afford then start ASAP kind, or rather after 10weeks, coz baby's brain start developing after 10weeks. she'll also ask to continue folic acid till mid/end of 2nd tri (if I remember correctly), even thou some gynae will stop after 1st tri.

Hi queensg,

Heh I don't know..bought them before I conceived. And it also has folic acid so I did not want to buy more so I showed gynae and was told I can continue with the prenats.
I think the vits have helped a lot with MS!!

Hi there! :)
I am new to this forum and my EDD is 6 Aug! Tho I am still experiencing MS but I'm overjoyed that I am officially in my 2nd trimester! Yay! Expecting my first baby so I hope the experienced mummies here can share valuable insights with this newbie. =)

My Gynae dont really suggest I should take any more pills but I heard vits can really help with MS, maybe I should try it out. Beside pre natal vits and folic acid, do you gals take other pills?

Something I really need your advice - I would like to travel to US in March and I read online that it is ok to travel as long as there are no complications. But my gynae (Dr Cheng from TMC) doesnt seem to approve of it (I actually didnt hear from Dr Cheng directly but is the nurse, Catherine who told me so).
Thus I really want to hear from real people – would you travel 15-17hours when you are pregnant?

Gynae advise is what u should listen. . Nurses just voice out opinion. . Vit didn't help my MS.. but once I crosd week 11.. I felt so much better.. I almost admit into hospital too..

Hi do any of you know how long do Doctors on SG wait after your due date to either induce or do a cesarean? I know in some countries they wait even past two weeks.

dear all, do you know if it is same to take tom yam soup or tom yam noodles. I read that lemongrass is unsafe during early prenancy, and we know lemongrass is found in tom yam as well as mee soto too.
I had lots of mee soto for the past weeks! I think should be ok bah.. It's not liked we are chewing on lemongrass. I guess everything in moderation. The only thing I avoid is raw food and alcohol (uncooked).

I am new to this forum and my EDD is 6 Aug! Tho I am still experiencing MS but I'm overjoyed that I am officially in my 2nd trimester! Yay! Expecting my first baby so I hope the experienced mummies here can share valuable insights with this newbie. =)

My Gynae dont really suggest I should take any more pills but I heard vits can really help with MS, maybe I should try it out. Beside pre natal vits and folic acid, do you gals take other pills?

Something I really need your advice - I would like to travel to US in March and I read online that it is ok to travel as long as there are no complications. But my gynae (Dr Cheng from TMC) doesnt seem to approve of it (I actually didnt hear from Dr Cheng directly but is the nurse, Catherine who told me so).
Thus I really want to hear from real people – would you travel 15-17hours when you are pregnant?
Hi hi welcome! I am also having my first! I have graduated from just folic acid to prenatal vit last week. As for traveling, I know my colleague flew to Malaysia for biz trip during her 5-6th mth. Then again flight to malaysia is really short. I have another cousin who was living in Germany when she conceived and she had to make a few trips between there and Singapore during her 2nd Tri. I guess it should be ok if it is a must. But taking a 20 over hour flight is really tiring already when not pregnant! Lol.

Go look for maternity pants instead ...me too ...pants cannot wear ...

My gynae told me I can travel up to 20 wks... But better get advise from her before travel... Some gynae mayb kiasu but it is better to listen to them as they know u best... Think when u go back for review u shd check wif ur gynae instead... And also wat u must take note during that period...

Back