(2012/11) Nov 2012

I have no choice for #1 I bot alot .. Dint use milkbags initially. So end up with alot. Throw also waste leh. For for #2 trade in old ones lor. But this time wil keep half the meddled (big ones) for #2 later - maybe after 6-9mth.
I was told bottles to be change at least every 6mth to 1yr. Teats is every 3mth.

Is heart pain to have bot so many bottles lor.must throw even more heart pain.

I think 6 to 8 is ok for new bottles/ babies. Else have to keep washing and sterilizing leh. Sometimes when need to go out longer u need to bring at least 2-3 bottles (coz I dun practice
Latching)

Oh and when I bought freestyle, comes with another 4 medela bottles....

I used medela milkbags previous. They are useful and take up less space.

Hi mommies.. I have been wondering whether I've put on too much/too little weight, Just managed to find this pregnancy weight calculator online, so thought I'd share.
happy.gif

http://www.indiacurry.com/women/pregcalc.htm

Thought it's good to have as reference.

jo, last time im using the medela and blue egg milk bags..but i knw now got lots of other brands..so dunno wic one is good. disposable breast pad i wan to get too..u heard of this brand before "Autumnz Washable Breast Pads" ?

mrs teo, exactly..esp those still quite good even used for 6-9mths..i v se bu de throw also..for my #1, i get abt 8 bottles. sometimes go out whole day hv to bring 3 bottles...

Hi,

I would like to join the thread. Could you please add me?

Thanks!

Details:
Nickname: Ninjazuk
BB : No.1
Gynae: Dr Heng T.L.
Hosp: Parkway East
EDD: 08/11/2012

Porky,

I never use milk bags before..actually i only joined SMH forum after my bb abt 1yrs old..so i very sua gu and outdated on the necessary items such as breast pump,milk bottles, milk bags, disposable breast pad, bb carrier, bb plus, antenatal class etc etc...

only after i joined SMH i learnt so much from here.

Jos mummy... Nv too late right.
On other hand, we are kiasu. Lol

Milk bags very useful. Also take shorter time to be warm up.

oic ! hahaha..but u consider good alrdy still can do BP on SMH. i joined in year 2007 till now i only know how to buy stuff from BP and spree loh..i learnt a lot from the mummies in this forum too
happy.gif

Mrs Teo, yah..not too late to learnt fm u mummies here..very desperate to breastfeed this time..so will invest on breast milk..

Porky, wahahha..no choice leh..wan earn some extra income then only can buy from spree mah..kekekek..

porky, for my #1 at first i used Lansinoh milk bags which are good but i found milk bags wasteful because you will only pour the amount for 1 feed in the bag ie if baby only drinks 30ml at first then 1 whole bag only store 30ml. If you store more than 1 feed you still have to warm up the whole bag and end up wasting milk since the warmed milk cannot keep to the next feed.

so during one of the motherhood fairs then, i discovered milk trays (http://www.sensiblelines.com/) which i find worked better for me cos then the milk is next wasted. you can freeze it like ice cubes and only need to heat up the amount that your baby drinks and its reuseable.

mrs teo, yes. freeze like ice cube then transfer to a ziplock bag or container and date it. Then take out only what you need for each feed.

Ipfor #1 I took fenugreek - I dunno why leh I feel that I am smellier after that leh. So I stopped.
I took also milk tea or is sit called milk plus from vita kids. I like that one. Coz taste nice and a warm tea does relaxes u ESP in that one mth confinement. - but I am not sure if it does boost supply.I think regular / frequent pumping works best for me.

Then My confinement lady cooked unriped papaya soup for me during that time. I took lots of fish too.

Oreordinary,
It's true that with milk bags u tend to waste some milk. For me I only store like half lor in milk bag. Milk bag faster in warming up.

jo, good lah u very smart know how to earn first then u spent lol !

oreodinary, my problem is dont hv storage space in the fridge thats why need to get milk bags easier..for #1, i use the avent storage bottles but take up space loh..so this time i try not to get too many storage bottles le

hmm usually the frozen milk need to thaw 1st right then only warm up...

i will thaw the frozen milk and pour in bpa free bottle to warm..so just pour the amount bb drink then will not waste the whole pack of ebm..

Porky.. For the website, you can click to select in kg and metres.

Oreodinary - thanks for sharing the milk trays! Do you know where I can buy that in Singapore?

I bot the "nanny" brand of milkbags.. It's good and value for money.. $8.50 for a box of 25, cheaper if u buy more..
happy.gif

Pls google "nanny Milkbags" and the website link shld pop up.. For some reason SMH does not allow me to post the website here. Alternatively, the seller's HP is 91998682..her name is Elaine
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
it seems like we are talking abt bf...does ur bb drink frozen milk?
i stored lotsa frozen milk previously, even bought a freezer for it, but end up giving a lot & throwing away cos bb rejected frozen milk totally..so im not sure whether to freeze it this time round...

oreodinary, u cannot refreeze it once u thawed the milk

Mrs Teo, the medela bottles r bpa free? I also Bgt two tdy..

Pinkie, the link quite gd.. Can monitor
happy.gif

Re. Milk bag. Saw ST tmr expo sell lansinoh 50pc $18 only.. Is it cheap??

Pinkie and Porky, no problem you are most welcome. Good to share useful information!

Porky, my DS were report went well, confirmed EDD on 27 Nov. Checked with dr woody if required to drink mummy milk and he said not necessary as the iron pills he prescribe already contains calcium in it. No wonder the past few weeks when I started drinking mummy's milk I got pretty heaty with ulcers. Asked him about whether free upgrades from 4 bed to 2 bed and says us still available, but no free for 2 bed to 1 bed though (greedy me). Contradicting if to go for the free upgrade to take 2 bedder or not, as price diff now is wuite a big jump as compared to 1 bedder. A friends went for half GA c-sec a month ago went for 1 bedder at TMC and she paid $4,500 cash, which is after Medisave deduction already.

Bought quite a few of big items such as bumper set for baby cot, baby carrier (those straps with buckle types), booties, mittens, wipes and washing detergent.

Enjoy the shopping this coming weekend mummies!

Hi all.. I just attended my antenatal class yesterday and it's really, really good! Learnt simple exercises (some of them which are also taught in prenatal yoga classes) and picked up lotsa tips.

One of them is that we shouldn't rub our bellies in a continuous circular motion, as that might trigger contractions, or cause our uterus to become hard and rigid. Instead use firm pats (on top, bottom, left, right of belly) and light upward strokes.
The lecturer, Wong BB, used the analogy of a whirlpool if we use circular movements - given that the baby is surrounded by a waterbag.. she says imagine you have a tub of water, and you go round the surface of the water in a circular movement.. you will create a whirlpool.

For creams, apply them to the belly in upward strokes.
happy.gif

Any mummies feeling bored and wanna have playdate today for #1 between now to 3/4pm at my place? I m on leave and staying in the north east area.

morning mummies! haven popped in dis forum for a while..more active@fb page..

Pinkie: Glad u enjoyed d antenatal class. Wong BB is good. I attended her class last time too..but I forgt al d techniques she taught during labour..haha..

Re: Milk bags
I used d Boots brand last time, super cheap..but tink sg dun have..it's fr thailand. My fren went there and gt for me. At first I was using medela, super shiong lor.

Chris: My bb oso din reali like frozen milk..i gave away alot too..but once she started solids, she was ok wen I mixed it wif cereals or fruits. I used it for her 'milk spa' too..hee..so dis time round i dun intend to pump every 3hr, hoping to drag til every 4hr den dun nid to store so much oso. Just pump enuf or a lil excess wil do.

Mrs Teo: Wld love to bring my #1 over but I go over to my mum's place very Friday for her to play wif her cousins..If no1 free, maybe u can bring yr #1 to sm indr playgrd to play? There's a Bouncing Kids@kovan bus interchange there, always no1 so I like to bring my #1 and my nephews there =)

Wil be going to taka fair tmr. Any1 went already?

Hi barneybaby, i juz drank dong cong cao soup today..haha.. My mum say such tonics can juz drink once a mth..

Btw, any mummies buying tcm herbs from medical halls for confinement? Which medical hall u buy from? I'm thinking of buying red dates, dried longans, dang gui, paoshen etc..

Hi mummies! I am new here. I went to the taka fair today to look for breast pump. Ameda lactaline packages $459 and $399. Medela freestyle and pump in style advanced $769 and $629. Any advice on which to get? Gg to check out expo fair tml to see if there are better deals!

Maybe going down expo later to explore, otherwise I will drop by bb town and/or kingdom. Anyone bought prams? Any recommendation? I m looking at preperego (if I get the spelling right)

ninjazuk,

I got medela pis advanced at the recommendation of my friend.

imlind,

went to expo yesterday the variety is very limited. I went to bb kingdom to get quinny buzz and maxi cosi car seat.

Babystone. Thank you. Probably going to bb kingdom instead if there's isn't much items from expo.
Quinny is good, I like the pneumatic operation. But I find it heavy. Not easy for me to do it single hadedly if I want to bring bb out by myself. :/

Ninjazuk. I my pump from taka bb fair last morning after talking to one of the madela lady directly (I think she is the manager). I thi.k it helps also if u know what ur intention is like, to Bf all the time w pump to help stimulation, frequency of usages, etc

imlind,

I was also checking out peg prego earlier on but was told by the sales person that handle non reversible and that seat can't change the facing so I didn't consider that.

buzz was easy to fold when out and the steady frame win me over.

Bbstone. Preprego got model that's revisible. That's why I m interested in it. For quinny, the sales was telling me I need to rotate the seat compartment if I wan bb to face me. That's why I strike it out. U got buzz? I will go and see again.
happy.gif

Hello hello! I'm a June 2012 mum. I have a buzz too. Love how easy it is to fold and unfold.. I use it currently with a maxi cosi car seat. Just wondering if anyone thinks it is appropriate or has attempted to go up and down the escalator with it?
Cos the malls as you would know, have rather packed elevators and I really hate to wait and would sometimes rather bring DS out without a stroller.

laruru - yes, the more scary videos (giving birth) willl be show at eh later stage, but its good info, at least let first time mums has some sort of mental prepartation...

YJZL - yes pigeon warmer can fit avent bottles....

milkbags - i using blue egg..cheap and good..

cordlife - still can apply now? when is baby expo ending?

imlind,

yes I got buzz didn't know any prego models with the handle reversible. For buzz need to rotate the seat facing but still quite easy to manage.

I agree is challenging to settle on one with so many models and brand.

<font face="kristen itc">Hi ladies...I'm back...
Please add me and oh my...I'm the oldest among the grp

Details:
Nickname: Von
BB : # 3
Gynae: Dr LN Sim
Hosp: TMC
EDD: 3 Nov 2012

Went to the Taka baby fair yday but it's really too crowded so decided to go next Friday again...

Breast pump I think I will go for Freestyle but US set instead of local cos the diff in price is horrifying...

Stroller...I'm still deciding..should get with car seat? But only can sit a year...</font>

Back