(2012/01) Jan 2012

Hi Mummies,

For those residing in Senkang/Buangkok area, I am pretty sure we all had a hard time trying to find IFC/CCC/Nanny for our child.

May I ask if any of mommies here have any other alternatives? I am getting very desperate sourcing for an availble seat in a centre whithin our area.

Hi Mummies,

My daughter is coughing badly these few days and she keeps waking up at night due to that...any of you tried giving your bb flumucil to help expel the phlegm?

Dear mummies,

I have 3 packs of Brand New Merries diapers (M size, taped) just bought a month ago.

I overstocked so am looking to sell these 3 packs. Selling at $20 per pack (retailing $26.95, 64 pcs). Buy all 3 packs at $57. Please PM me if interested. Self collect at Tampines, Bedok, Tanjong Pagar or Suntec (or can arrange to meet if near these areas).

Cheers!

cyy: i stay in Sengkang too. In my area, PCF is gonna open 2 pcf sparkletots. The one at 208 compassvale lane already start operating in June and will spread into a few batches. My son is either going for sept 13 or Jan 14 enrolment depending on whether they have manpower issues.

There's another one at 211 Compassvale Lane carpark. It just started construction and will probably complete in Sept/Dec.

Not sure whether near to your place.. u can call and put on waiting list.

hi mummies! so quiet nowadays.. what have u all been busy with? how r ur babies? my boy will be promoted (from infant care) to the toddler class next mth.. wonder if he'll adapt well.. sigh.. he's been quite emotional recently, having bouts of separation anxiety, crying & clinging onto me when i pass him over to the infant care teacher (actually think coz he wanna go playground/outdoors instead of being confine in infant care), & throwing tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants.. i wonder if the toddler teacher can handle him since she has so many other kids to take care of.. sigh..

btw, i'm thinking of planning a vacation in sept.. any recommendation on where to go? fun, child-friendly & budget-friendly?
happy.gif

hi jac...its really fast hor, going to playgroup class. is his immune system stronger now as in fall sick less?

think babies are hitting the terrible 2.... mine also. will cross arms to show his anger. hmn...teacher will let them cry if they refuse to listen. they have no time to pacify crying toodlers for too long de.

i am thinking of penang, an hr flight 3 datys 2 nite...
happy.gif

if u dun need to consider budget, cruise would be nice
happy.gif
anyti

uhooooo mummies...
seems like i am among the clouds this morning...haze is really damn bad....haiz
i am hoping the garment will announce no need to work or something
happy.gif

jac
fun, child-friendly and budget friendly...staycation la?? if not batam?
but thats provided ur boy is ok with boats ride
happy.gif

jkids
yes mine too...she was crying clinging to me..i am not sure is it teething or seperation anxiety...but she just wan me to carry her la...poor girl....

jkids, erh, i guess stronger ba, but he still had high fever recently. seems like a monthly thing.
sad.gif
what's there to do in penang ah?

jingles, batam got what thing to do? i'm thinking of flying coz still infant fare before he turns 2 mah..

the haze is real real real bad.. now i'm worried abt my boy going toddler class coz toddler side no more aircon.. damn jialat.. can't imagine whole day breathing in the haze.. any mummies with kids in childcare without aircon? ur kid still go sch as normal? is the sch doing anything abt it? how's ur kid coping?

penang, go there makan
happy.gif

last time we go up there to eat durians also to pray pray..think they have one goddess of mercy temple up the hill....

sorry i think i mean bintan :p
go there chill out by the pool and see the beach...sunset..

if not, what about going to redang????
I wanted to bring my girl there but just cant have the guts to fly...
the clear water there is awesome!

ya, terrible.....someone posted mask on SMH, sold out lei -.-
think now mask can really sell well!

jingle..whi hotel do u stay.? Sikh air or tiger.? some co allowing Pp to work fr home...

jac. .but dun u Ned to take many urgent leave ? yah eat go temple. but I din go for more then 10 yr liao so dunno got anything new...my kid sneeze. n cough can't recover due to haze.

i stayed in Ghotel
i like it cos connected to shopping centre, near good food and svc ok.
Went via SQ

wah...the haze getting worse lei..
i wonder will they plant the rain seeds soon.

jkids, I can't take urgent leave as and when I like due to work nature. so got to ask my mum to look after my boy when I can't take leave lo. but of coz my mum will complain & complain la. damn sianz. sometimes feel like quitting job be SAHM. sigh.

yeah. the haze is real real bad. wonder how those young kids cope in childcare without aircon. so poor thing. I so worried abt my boy going toddler class no aircon. sigh.

Good Day, my fellow mummies. Have been super busy with my new job so have been unable to login to chat, but have been following up on your topics here. Hope all are coping well with your little ones amidst the hazy days?

I have submitted the childcare papers at an Hougang childcare centre, although I had initially planned for my girl to attend at 18mths, I am now planning on 2 years old. Anyone with the same plans? Any pros and cons?

Stay/Vacation: I may plan on a staycation perhaps in RWS and to bring my girl to the Aquarium. Otherwise, for long trips I only intend on bringing her when she turns 3yo cuz I heard people say kids usually don't remember holidays before 3yo..
happy.gif

Anyone potty training/trained your little one yet? My girl can say nggg when she's trying. but that doesn't mean she's successful everytime she says that. So we are not sure if it's feasible to put her on the potty when she says nggg..

What are you giving your little ones for meals nowadays? We have started to introduce rice but we will put in the soup that we drink and let our girl eat together with us. When we are outside, we also order Yong Tau Foo with rice so that she also eats the same thing. Hope to increase the frequency of rice so that she can start to eat the same things with us at meal times sooner.

Nice to see this thread so active, I enjoy seeing the exchanges. Keep in touch mummies!

jean
ermmm submit what papers hur? you mean attend childcare must submit papers and for approval???
chum...i think i better ask ard...

yes i agree..alot of people also say that kids dun remember anything before 3 years old..so i only plan to go for staycations and nearby ones. like bintan..or malaysia...friendly to my pocket also ....hohoho....

on potty train...erm i find its pointless to start now. Right now, my girl has still yet to tell us she is gg to poo, though we can see that she is pooing as she will show on her face. But once we bring her to the potty, it sorts of makes her lose the concentration and she will stop poo-ing..so i guess a bit older before i start training again...

on meals, we are still more on porridge as she is more to a porridge person.
But we try to give her different things during weekends:
- Organic pumpkin noodles
- Mee sua
- Spag
- Bread
- Potato with peas
- Hard boiled egg
- Rice with porridge

So far, she still prefers her porridge though she dont mind trying something new...but I find she eats lesser when she is trying something new.

Dear Mummies,

sorry to disturb.

I have one tin of isomil step 3 in 900 g.
My son stopped drinking milk so letting go at 35 bucks.
Expiry - 29 may 2014
Self collects at either lavendar mrt or cityhall mrt
8168 8873
thank you.

jingles, where did u get the organic pumpkin noodles? sounds interesting..

I love travelling & nature! doesn't really matter if my boy remembers anot :p I really enjoyed my recent Perth trip (travelled from Perth -> Busselton -> Margaret River -> Bunbury -> Rockingham -> Frementle -> Perth), thou abit siong (my hb will say very Siong. hahah.), but definitely very memorable.. Perth is a very nice place to bring ur kids, relatively short flight, easy to self-drive, lots of nature, farm stay, etc.. highly recommended! juz wondering where else is nice? Japan would be nice if not for the radiation. sigh.

jac
i bot from cold storage...erm not sure if all cold storage have...but i bot mine from United Square cold storage.

Yah Japan got radiation..but once again many people will tell me...everywhere also have la..cos the radiation effect will affect us one way or another...Fuji apples from Japan...clothes from Japan blah blah blah.... :p
But i think further less effect right?

jingles, thanks! will check out cold storage. what brand ah? how u cook it? juz boil, drain & eat? any sauce etc? regarding the radiation in Japan, there are many articles & "stories" abt the post-radiation effects, etc, so to me, juz to play safe lo, can avoid then avoid lo. I will love to visit Hokkaido, but will only go with my hb & after we close shop (not going to have any more kids).
happy.gif

jac
erm...later i wassap u the picture la..
i also duno wat brand...but got to be weekend, this week leading a normad life in my mom house.
cook it like normal noodles, drain and add carrot and pumpkin puree....i am gg to try carrot and pea puree this weekend. Normally i serve my noodles ala spag style for my bb....if not soup + noodles wah later eat liao the whole surrounding all soup :p

for japan, have yet to been to hokkaido but i think it will be nice to see the fairy lights there
happy.gif
Been to central japan...guess the most unforgettable place I been to is Kiyomizu Temple, its autumn then, the trees (leaving of golden yellow color) are truly breathtaking and majestic..
haiz..now
sad.gif
duno when can go liao...

Jingles, go hokkaido in Oct! Autumn and cool weather. Not too cold. Hokkaido is aweeeesome. The fresh seafood, ramen n milk products. Wish i can go there again soon man..

I so blur..went 2013 jan to search for the usual forum ppl I chat w...lol...how are all of u mummies?
I been down w flu and cough for the whole month and still have not recovered fully
sad.gif

Jingles...I have ordered your items and they have sent out this week. once I rec and send out, will let you know...just in case u thought I mia:p
Talking about holidays...think I badly need one too but too weak and tired to think and plan since been so sick...

brink, understand how u feel mann. i was also down for 1 whole mth in apr/may. somemore cant take MC from work. try cordyceps pills. I find that it really helps. recover faster, esp for cough. I give it to my boy too when he has severe/prolonged cough.

hi mummies, anyone heard of edufarm playgroup? i just found a centre near my house and thinking of placing my daughter there. it's only 2 hours daily and real affordable.

Hi mummies, how are you all and babies? Can I ask about your 18mth old toddler's developmental milestones progress? I am worried as my dear son doesnt seem to react when I call his name or when I come home, welcome me or excited to see me. Should I be worried? He hasn't specifically call out to me as mama or his father as papa yet. But he knows how to say words like papa, duck, A,B,car,dog,mum mum as eat food. But he doesnt say these words all the time. Recently he sees a car, he will say car. When he hears his favorite song or sees me take his favorite book, he will go to where the song is or follow me and sit down to listen to me reading the story to him. I am thinking of teaching signing language. Do you think it helps? I am worried that he has autism. Pd did say if still don't say much at 22 mths, she will refer him to speech therapists. Need your advice.

Medory: heard about edufarm playgroup. but in my area, only got 1 branch and it's full.
sad.gif
i'm only sending my son for childcare when he turn 22 months. Now, he always stay at home and do nothing. just free play, run around, eat & sleep most of the time. My mum dun really play with him.

overthemoon: what type of sign language? think it will still be better if you talk and sing more to him, get him exposed to the language. He might get too dependant on sign language & worsen language development.

Think singing with actions helps alot in my son's learning. Songs like wheels on the bus, if you are happy & you know it, itsy wincy spider etc, there are alot of actions in it. get your boy to follow the actions after you. kids love it.
happy.gif

Catherine, i'm thinking of sending my daughter to this playgroup, let her get used to the 2-hour class then progress to half-day child care..

She's looked after by my helper who will play with her and teach her some words from daily life...otherwise, she's also just walking around the house, just can't keep still haha...

overthemoon, i think u can monitor for a few more months, he's probably just a shy boy or prefer to observe than talk..n i agree songs help a lot..my gal didn't know how to say bye-bye previously, only know how to wave, then after listening to some songs with the action, sometimes she will wave n say at the same time

Medory: then u better go & quickly enroll. Alot of playgroups are full
sad.gif
I'm on maternity leave till nov. Think my boy will just stick to me & his baby sister till Oct...hmm... Dun know how to cope with 2
sad.gif

morning mommies,
i just want to check if anyone listen to the news yesterday?
they said government will decide today if they will subsidize the June SP bills?
just to check if I am daydreaming....

hi jingles,

the govt is going to discuss this in parliament next week i think, to decide if they should subsidize..i heard it too so u not dreaming haha

ya Catherine, i'm going to visit the centre next monday and they have specific timing for visit one lor...2nd one arrived? congrats! is someone helping you at home?

haha jingles, it's good news for everyone!

just want to check, has anyone gone for GV's mums and babes screening before?

my friend went before...her babe was just about 18months i think...they had a good time though halfway she leaked her diapers...
doubt i will try that anyway..cos my dear bb most prob cannot sit still..her bum bum got thorns la :p

Medory: I went for mum & babe GV screening when he was 4 mths old. Ok lah... Not bad, but limited shows.

We later on bring him to watch normal movie screenings.. Turn out ok too. But selection of movies must be careful. Hehe... There waa once we Forgot that he was joining us & we watch a zombie show. He ended up having nightmares at night. Hehe...

Hihi,
Do your precious still wake up at night like 12 am, 1am for feeding? My boy a few weeks ago never wake up and sleep through but nowadays, every night will wake up for milk... Poor daddy have to wake up and make milk for him every time...
What did you do to break the habit?

brink
i think maybe growth..mine also suddenly does that lei...at 2am...she woke up and stared at me - mama, milk milk.
Told her no milk after when u sleep, honey.

Try not to let him drink lei...try water..i scared they will make it a habit, then we chum liao.

One dietician ever told me if they are eating well and snacking during day, should not wake up at night for milk due to hunger, its more to due to comfort reason le

brink, maybe try feed ur boy more before bed? my boy has supper & milk before bed. dinner (porridge) at 7+pm, supper (bread/biscuits) at 9+pm, milk (180ml) at 10+pm then sleeps till 6+am for his morning milk. finds that he tends to wake up very early ard 4+am if he doesn't have supper & milk before bed.

Hi all! It's been a long time since I checked in here! But I do follow cos the posts are sent to my email, just that I can't reply from there.. right?

For night feeds, somehow my DD also suddenly asked for milk last week. But we hardened our hearts and refused her, on Saturday night, she actually struggled 1h. We never gave in. Then it went away. Followed by a bout of diarrhea these last 3 days. Wonder if it's teething, so need the teat to soothe, then diarrhea. Hope she's better today.

As for the movie, hmm.. we have trouble bringing her out for meals liao.. how to sit through an entire screening?! Catherine, I so envy you!

Medory, mine just started PG at Edufarm Start Tots last week, was on waiting list for.. a couple of months, cos we wanted the earlier time slot which wun coincide with lunch time. at 18mo, shld be the youngest in the class. So far so good, she now sits down when we read to her. She dances along when the DVD is playing, which she din use to do. Maybe she blockhead like her mum no music sense.. hahaha

She's also articulating more words, e.g. clock, pear, up, go. Ok that's all... not v impressive but at least an improvement as the week passes..
happy.gif

If des a way to post using mobile phone, do teach me so my replies wun be so sporadic!!

FYI, 1 kid can watch for free for every 2 standard GV tickets purchased for showtimes before 2pm. Valid every day.

My son still wakes up for milk between 3am-4am..then wake up at 6am+. Even if i want to feed him more before bedtime, it's still dependent on him. if he doesnt want to drink, he won't drink. Usually he will have milk in ifc between 4 plus to 6pm, depending what he wakes up from nap. I will feed him porridge at 7 plus. will feed him milk at 9pm, the most he drink will be 120ml.

moscato!! long time no hear from u liao!! ur boy also in ifc liao? pcf sparkletots near ur place? my boy juz got promoted to the toddler class starting this mth.. heng the haze over liao, else dunno how he's gonna survive without aircon.. toddler class is so different, teacher doesn't really jot down his feeding/diapering/napping time & the activity he does in sch, not as personal as the infant class.. i feel so lost not know whether he poops in sch, how long he naps, what he ate, & did in sch etc.. hahah...

googlez, same, i've trouble getting my boy to sit still when we are having our meals too! so usually we take turns to eat & bring him walk ard..
sad.gif

Back