(2011/08) Aug 2011

btw, any mummies here joining the Fb grp for lunch at Tatsuya this thur?

Anyway I am going. kekekek go Expression to cut down fats but then go big lunch! Joker right? Anyway my purpose of going Expression is to soften the cellulite. At the end of the day, I know I need to exercise to down my weight. No sweat, no weight lost.

stupid me, I wanted to yak about this whole income tax thingee for donations. I made donations to lion's befrienders, thinking i could get some tax rebate. Today IRAS replied and said the donations were not made to an approved fund! WTF! I actually called up lion's befrienders to chk before I made the donations, and now I get shit from IRAS!

If I know it will end up like tt, I would have donated it to another organisation which do not have tax exempt! Arrggghhh....so feddup.

Ok, I know I sound like some cheapo who donate b/c I want to get the tax exemption!

Anyone interested in enfalac A+. Just opened on mon. Selling at $25 as I am gg to change to soy milk. Self collect at woodlands. Please email me. Thank u

icebubbles: Going Orchard too..so qiao! I need to go into FB cos I still dunno what time meet and etc...Can't imagine if suddenly chg venue - I sure "lost".

Today is my 2nd session at Expression. I took my weight...Wow down by around 1 kg...Was abit like skeptical lor but the weighing machine is the digital type used by hospital, how to bluff?

I'm sure expressions and such wt management salon works to a certain extend. If not, hw can they still get biz and survive all these yrs? Rem there's a program on ch 8 abt this, ev wk they help sm1 lose wt and do makeover. The before and after really can be very different!

About diapers

After using goon, nepia,drypers, huggies.

I still think drypers is the best value for money.

Goon and nepia is soft but the cotton is so thin. Gotta chg more often. They are over hyped.

Hello girls ;)

I was so overwhelmed!!! Didn't have time for Mei LI or Mdm Izah kept cancelling on them!!!!

I have decided to go work ... Starting today... Sigh can go fb mummy outing...

Haven't heard fr blue lips for a while!!

Sungrapes... U dare to give ur bb doners ebm? Not afaid something's wrong?

Any one going take bb photo studio shots for bb?

Haaaa I have been shopping non stop online!!!!

Pipi it's true no pain no gain hang in there.....n I got demand notes saying I never pay tax

Any mummy going for the mass gathering on 26th Nov? I'm still thinking if i want to go, too many pple and dont know anybody there at all.

felicia,

im ok with donor ebm. some ppl just oversupply of bm when they pump out so its a waste to throw them.

the mummy is oso bfg her bb.

it wasnt a deliberate decision.

sungrapes: I use Nepia, Goon, Drypers, Huggies, Mamy Poko, Petpet. So far the value for money ones shd be Huggies, Mamy Poko and Petpet. Can contain more urine vol. Goon and Nepia also good but I chg like after 2-3hrs(max).

Why so good, got ppl give you EBM. Maybe I should ask ppl to donate to me when bb is older..cos older she can talk. Now if give already, cannot talk, then if suffering I oso dunno. Heeh...I wish I got milk but malu dun haf.

Karennlc: I am going for Oct 26 outing. Join us lah, many mummies are going. If you are free, can join those lunch session too.

Felicia: yes yes, I must perserve to lose weight before I go bk to office. Need to waste money on brand new office wear ...hiah..

Nowadays I only shop for xmas and CNY clothes for bb. The rest of her daily wear, I din wanna buy alot but these days I got this silly habit. Every morning after bathing her, I will place her on my bed and take pic of her. She is like a model for bb wear...I want to show my bb next time all the new clothes she has (cos I din take any professional bb photo shoot).

pipi,

no lah. i nv join the outing cos i have a date w my cousin liao. hee

joining the north east gathering thou

u brought bb along today to gdwood park?

wow ur slimming so gd and efficient?

2nd session already down 1kg!

make me itch leh.

update us on ur progress!

felicia,

i hv called mdm izah

she is fully booked... she only agreed to take me on the 19th oct =(

diapers: i using huggies and mamypoko

huggies day, mamypoko night

bm: i was thinking of donating my fbm away too

only can keep max 3mths right?

already 1.5mths and my gal nv start to drink yet.

oct 26 outing: not sure if gng cos very very far for me...

Hi, sorry to interrupt. I have a brand new tin of Enfalac A+ Stage 1. Expiry date is 29 Oct 2012. I'm letting it go as my baby is on breast milk.

price: $25

interested, please pm me.

icebubbles: i am going for the NE outing too cos I stay ard NE area. Ok, must intro you are icebubbles k. Hee hee...

I am going for the oct 26 outing. Go lah...got so many things going on there and you can probably enquire things which you want to enquire too. Hey you bought insurance plan for bb already?

Dun sign Expression first. Let me give you my final feedback before you guys sign with such slimming centre. The way they do things....tsk tsk tsk..Anyway 1 kg, maybe it's water(urine). I said I wanna lose 5 kg leh....and they say v easy to lose..ok, shall see if I lose by the end of my Expression journey.

Karennlc: I saw you on FB already but didnt see your post. Joining any outing?

pipi,

haha. ok ok. see ya on tues =)

hvnt buy insurance yet. shld be gng w aia cos my relative doing. only buying before she turns 1 yr old.

icebubbles: Hahaha my whole family under AIA. I was also thinking whether continue to buy AIA or Prudential. But think so long,s till think buy AIA better. I left LIFE plan to get for bb. Dunno shd get those till she is 21 yrs old type so that she can carry on whatever she wanna buy in future herself or buy 1 shot for her. Kekekeke.

Anyone know whr to buy CHEAP leg warmers. (I bought 1 pair from a shop $12.90, exp hor? Tabao v cheap only) I am now like a crazy mummy sourcing xmas and CNY clothes fo my bb gal. cos when I return to work, dun think I got time to look see look see like now. PLUS my office is at some 'no birdie' pl - MBFC. Heard from colleagues need to walk damn far for lunch. (maybe good oso, can slim down! hahahaha)

Needs help from you guys. Have you seen this seat which bb seat on. It's rubbery and soft type. Maybe its called baby seater or something. I wanna get but dunno whr to buy. Went Isetan but can't find.

No birdie I know.. Places where birds also don't lay eggs...lol!!

But MBFC, dunno....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I brought my 2 girls including the baby to Fidget yesterday. Is at Turf city - a big indoor playground.. Very nice place! This is the longest I have been out, cos bring baby along. They have a nursing room there. Also cafe for lunch, so the kids just play and play and go for lunch there, then play some more.

Felicia, how come u go back work already?

My weight never go down at all, but think less water retention after massage with Mei Li.. But so far only 2 session, still too early to tell. Hee, I never reduce the amount I eat, think hard to go down. Maybe after go back to work, busier will go down..

Sun grapes, there's an article think 2 weeks back in Mind Your Body - the wed newspapers on using donor EBM. The doctors advised against it cos saying is not pausterised and dont know whether there is an infectious disease or not. But I guess if you know the donor then should be ok.I supposed this apply more to those u dunno one. See if u can get hold of he article to read..

Pipi, are you talking about the Bumbo seat?

Think most shopping complex will have.. But tell u hor, if your baby ave fat thighs, then very fast cannot use already.. Will be red red cos too tight..

Blue lips,

I have been to fidgets. Nice plc to catch up with mummy friends cos the kids can leave them to play. There is another one at east coast beach call polliwogs. Smaller but with putdr sitting. Can enjoy beach.

The donor actually I dun know her.found her on this forum..kekeke..drink her bm for mre than 1 mth Liao. So far ok leh. My PD oso skeptical..but really I dun think any1 will gv tainted bm to their own bb or offer to others.

Aw, Im stopping soon to go full fm.

No lah..I doubt any mommy will intentionally offer anyone BM with problem. Is just scared in case anything that the mummies dunno about..Doctors alway erred on the cautious side..One of my good friend also pass her BM to another friend when she has over supply.

I understand very difficult actually if the baby doesn't want. My first girl simply refuse FM and sucking from bottle. Took many many agonizing days and tries before can find a teat she want and then slowly mix BM and FM for her to accept. Up till now that she is 6 years old, she doesn't like to drink milk powder, so will mix mix give her fresh milk or Milo.

Sungrapes, I saw many mummies groups around when I was at Fidgets also...think is a good place or outings too. Mummies can just catchup over a cuppa of tea and let the kids run about.Will try out Polliwogs next time when got such chance again..

Nowadays, children and household stuff taking up so much time already..really dread going back to work with all the deadlines and stuff.

My elder loves polliwogs, but it is usual v crowded in weekends! Weekday is abetter timing.

Bluelips, so fast u goin bac wrk? So u continuing bf? My bb drinking lesser milk recently, at nites she dun wan drink too. How many hrs consider sleep tru nite for infant?

How many days after delivery then milk kicks in? How to get milk in sooner?

Vaginal stitches- hw long recover? Can poo ?

Blue lips,

On the contrary, I'm trying to get my elder boy 5yo to stop his growing up milk and try fresh milk. He doesnt want. He will only drink Milo at the most.

There used to be a milk bank at kkh, where mummies will donate their spare bm for preemies. But now no longer exist cos of all the safety and hygiene issues.

Aqua,

Anythg frm 11pm to 5am considered sleep thru the nite.

I read that as long as the bb in the daytime drink enough to sustain his energy requirements, then at nite they wun wanna drink and can therefore zz thru nite.

Sungrapes, fr 11-5am sleep tru? Then my bb already done tht , her appetite droped. 3-4 wks old she drink 100ml,7 wks still 90-100ml, werid hor?

Normally, there is a growth spurt at 3, 6, and 9 weeks, so maybe that timewill drink more. Really depends on baby.. for my 2nd girl, her appetite for first year was quite constant at about 90 - 100ml every 3 hour feed, but her growth above 50th percentile, else I was wondering why drink so little also.. Actually is good for me as my BM output not very high one..

Aqua, am going to work in another 3 weeks.. That time will need to re-adjust my cycle and all the kids cycles and juggle their timing.will be expressing at the office..hopefully supply don't drop.

Anytime the baby sleeps thru about 5 hours is considered sleep through the night I think..

Gilera, normally milk kicks in on the 4th or 5th day..depends on the person, some can be as early as the second day. In ht meantime, try to let the baby suckle as much as possible even at night as there's still colostrum the first few days. Drink lots of liquid..

Depending on the severity of the tear, the stitches can take 1-2 weeks to heal. I am super scared of pain during poo, also scared will have piles, cos I have it during pregna nay, so the first week I used an enema to help during poo as did not want to strain at all..

sungrapes: Spot on! It's MBFC! I dunno what is there but heard my colleagues complaining about it.

I was thinking if I shd let bb drink others' EBM, now listening to bluelips + my hubby also quite against it - finally decided against it.

Bluelips - your hubby's colleague must have paid a BOMB! My course is ard $5K. I bet that lady paid much much more.

Bumbo seat. Maybe that is the one. What is the purpose of that seat actually? I see alot of ppl having it.

My gal also sleep from 11pm to 4-5am, then she will wake up and eh eh for milk.

Bluelips - you heading bk to work? so soon?

Felicia - u started work too? so soon?

I still got 1 mth exactly..hahaha

Aqua,

I feel it's better to gauge amt according to bb's wt instead of age. If not our bbs suppse to drink 180mls per feed looking at the fm instructions!

Mine oso drinking the same amt all these while.90-120mls.

pipi,

the rubber seat is called bumbo seat

selling in kiddy palace,taka, etc

its used to train bb to sit.

my #1 couldnt fit into it when he was 6mths

cos his legs too fat. stuck and kept struggling

haha

i bought leg warmers during the baby fair at expo. 3 for $10.

bought 1 at h&m too $3.90 but only one design leh

u can see my pic at fb

tried to call mdm izah last wk,

she told me fully booked...

my appt only on the 19th =(

dunno still got use or nt, cos by that time already 9wks after birth.

hate my tummy!

Ice bubbles, don't throw away, so heartache..why don't u get a separate deep freezer?then can store for up to 6 months?

Is this our first baby? Some of my friend with lots of supply give their older kids to drink also.

bluelips,

not getting deep freezer cos no space at home liao...

then hubby commented freeze liao also nv drink, got freah ones give better mah...

this is my 2nd liao. #1 flatly rejects and say its mei mei's milk...

how to "cheat" him to drink?

Hmmm..try mixing with his existing milk? Hal-half? I am also not sure how some of my friends do it, only know they got give their elder kids. But if really dun want, then think u donate better than throw..I spill milk also will cry, cannot imagine if throw, really super heartache.

icebubbles: Hahaha, I jsut checked you fotos, cannot find the leg warmers pic on FB. Maybe I am blind but I really checked out all your bb pics in the bb album, bo lei.

Super tiring day today. Raining in the morning and I gotto send my bb to mum's pl, then send mum for physio, and my bro to NTU! Wow, the journey is horrid. JAM JAM JAM, even at 10am! At least I kbnow I cannot be a taxi driver.

Went NTUC and compared pricing for diapers. In the end bought PETPET M size for bb. $18+ for 80 pcs. Quite worth it for day use. Night I still insist on better brands like Huggies or Mamy Poko.

pipi,

i posted in the fb secret grp. haha

my gal using huggies day time. night time mamypoko. need to buy mamy poko for night but no discount at ntuc now...

hi,

sorry to disturb, i'm may mummy

WTS: Nan Pro 1 (800g) $28 - self collection at west (expiry: 31 Dec 2012)

i managed to fully BF my gal for coming to 6mth.

would like to sell the tin away.

pls PM or email [email protected]

tks

Back